Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,791 members, 7,813,620 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:01 PM

Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story - Literature (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story (32507 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jul 07, 2014
Continuation

[b]As the younger Ted wobbled along with Henry and Ted, he said, “You guys don’t have fighting skills at all. If you won’t mind I’ll teach you how to fight kungfu.”
“How will you teach the kungfu masters how to fight?” they demanded, “It’s not done.”
Ignorantly he asked, “And who are the kungfu masters?”
“We are of course! You called us that of late, didn’t you?” Henry grinned.
The younger Ted scratched his head as he remembered that he had actually said so, but under duress. However, he said, “It was a slip of tongue. Hey where’s that pretty lady—I’ve got to get a copy from her.” The younger Ted had just remembered again the photograph Susie had taken.
“You’ll never see her again,” Henry and Ted assured and the boy fumed in frustration. Henry parted ways with the two of a kind with the same names. He was going to hurry to get to the lecture theater, though he was late already. As he was hurrying away he saw Cynthia trudging towards another direction, but she did not see him. Henry was not going to call her this time, since he was late for lecture already; as a matter of fact the two still had some scores to settle.
Henry’s eyes roamed the lecture room as he stepped at the door. He had insinuated some grievous insults from the lecturer, who was backing Henry, facing the chalkboard squarely.
Doctor Mrs. Walter was the ugliest thing Henry had ever seen. While Henry had described Cynthia as a peacock, he had given Mrs. Walter the opposite—vulture, but Henry had never told her to her face. Her nose was almost twice as long as that of Henry and it seemed wrinkled all over and hirsute inwardly, curving downward to form a convex shape. She was scrawny and her snaggleteeth were making it difficult for her to close her lips whenever she would have them closed. Anytime she spoke, it always seemed as if she had more than thirty-two teeth. Since her teeth were sticking out of their boundaries, her students would have no problem counting them.
Whenever Mrs. Walter had attempted to conceal her blemishes by applying much cosmetics, her look had appeared funnier than the way it was before applying them—no thanks to her foliated long scrag, her bandy legs and her skinny face, which had been covered with scars, creases and pustules. Her breathe was always unbearable for those who had had the course to come close to her earlier in time.
Since the first time Henry had set his eyes on her, he had taken her for a witch. Henry had borne such mentality until seven months ago when he became a Gyrus citizen and found out that ugly people were not necessarily witches and wizards contrary to what the little ones and himself had often felt. Henry made this discovery by noticing that the ladies and women he had seen in Gyrus were not ugly ones. At least the one sitting beside him (Dolly Atkinson) was one of the ladies he had ever seen not having a single pimple or wrinkle, but dimples.
Henry had never missed Mrs. Walter’s class, so also were the rest of the students, since they wouldn’t want to come in close contact with her, whose breathe was unbearable (because she would always send for anyone that had missed her class and would have a close conversation with such an one in her office for many hours). It was such Henry was trying to avoid that had made him not to be late to her classes or miss them once, but Henry had always compensated for such attendances by making sure he was seldom present in the classes of other lecturers.
Sure that she had not seen him, Henry skulked to a seat nearby. Hardly had he sat down when he heard, “Henry White, please see me after class in my office.” Henry was shocked. With open mouth he looked ahead and found out that the woman did not look back when she was saying that. It remained a mystery to Henry how Doctor Mrs. Walter got to know that he had entered the class, even when he had skulked in, unnoticed by almost all the students, though Susie saw him when he entered.
Henry observed that Susie was laughing quizzically when the lecturer called his name earlier. He was shocked at such manner Susie had put up.
“I’m in trouble again,” Henry whispered to himself. His fear was hiked as he felt that Susie’s laugh could mean something mysterious. He had guessed that for her to have laughed that way, she must have been offended by his reaction towards her earlier, when he was on the basketball court with the Teds. He tried many times without success to have an eye contact with Susie, who was sitting at a corner in the large hall where, if it was Henry that was sitting there, he wouldn’t be able to see the text on the board clearly, since such spot would be too far for Henry’s eyeshot.
Since no eye contact was achieved Henry was not able to elicit from Susie if she was still a friend or a foe now. Henry was not able to concentrate throughout the lecture. He would read them up one or two days to the test or examination date.
Henry called at her office after the lecture. He lingered for long at her door that was shut. It seemed Henry was walking to the lion’s den the way he had reluctantly slogged to her door. She was staring at a mirror when Henry entered, so she saw him in it and lowered the mirror into the bag in front of her, Henry never noticing this.
“Henry, you’re here,” she said, turning around on the swivel chair, “Sit down and move closer.” There and then Henry picked up the jettison thought he had had towards her in the past, that she was a witch. He felt that there couldn’t have been any way she could have known that he was the one, since it was not himself alone that Mrs. Walter had asked to call at her office.
Henry’s eyes bulged in fright, frustration and annoyance. He wasn’t going to buy the idea of a close talk with her.
“Sit here,” she pointed at the swivel chair opposite her. Henry slumped into it and cleverly allowed the chair to slide backward some distances away from the woman. He was still in the euphoria of the triumph he felt he’d acquired when he heard, “Move it closer. Please, please, please, I can’t speak loudly now.” Reluctantly Henry brought himself closer. She hunched over the desk between them and her forehead almost made contact with Henry’s as she said, “Can you guess why I’ve called you here?” Henry nodded to say that he had no idea. He had made the nods so that he would not have to open his mouth to respond, else her smelly breath could get into his mouth.
“Can you guess?”
Henry’s heart boiled when he heard that. He shook his head again.
“Guy what’s the matter with your mouth? Listen to me, I don’t permit students nodding on me—only dumb students are permitted to do that—understood?”
Henry nodded again in the affirmative, as if he’d forgotten that he’d been warned not to nod anymore. Surprisingly, Doctor Mrs. Walter seemed to have forgotten too. She said, “Alright…” with a smile on her face, which was difficult for Henry to notice, perhaps because of the many permanent wrinkles and pimples on her face.
She continued:
“Just guess.”
Henry held his breath as he said, “Em—maybe ’cos I scored all—in your test.”
“Wrong,” she said, “Why d’you think I’ll call you for that?” she gripped Henry’s face with her stiff palm and said, “Every one knows you’re a boy wonder, so why should I be surprised that a genius was scoring all? I’ve called you for something that can make your life better.”
As Henry heard that, his mind flashed back to the past—his first encounter with Professor Wilson, who had ensured his Gyrus citizenry. He feared that what she was also going to say was that she wanted him initiated, perhaps into another cult.
“What’s it?” Henry asked quickly, wanting to end his curiosity. Just then he perceived those smells of her breathe for the first time, because he’d just taken in a draught of air after having been holding his breath for long.
“You’ll need to see a doctor.”
“Why?”
“A psychiatrist,” she modified, “You’ll need to see a psychiatric doctor.”
“Why?” asked Henry still but felt like he should tell her to see a dentist too, to help pluck out her teeth and plant some new ones there for her.
“Your ingenuity is turning you into a mad person, so go see a psych—”
“How dare you?” Henry impugned rashly in annoyance, forgetting at the moment who she was to him. Looking at him sinisterly, the woman tucked her fingers into her bag and took a thick paper from it.
“Have it!” said the woman as she tucked the paper roughly into Henry’s left palm, “Take a look at it.”
In a daze, Henry gazed at the thick paper quickly and saw on it the scene Susie had just snapped. It amazed him greatly.
“Take that to the psychiatric hospital,” the woman advised, “Tell the doctors over there that that was what you were doing when an important lecture’s going on in your class. Then let’s see if you’ll be permitted to get out of the hospital just like that.”
Henry’s countenance fell and he felt cold all over. He bent his head low and stared at the picture again. He felt like tearing it into pieces and casting the pieces on his lecturer’s face, but he managed to suppress his enraged temper.
Henry tucked the photograph into his change purse and pulled on its zipper to have it closed, then he looked briskly at his lecturer’s face which was beaming with ugly smiles. He rose to his feet without asking for permission and mused, “Thanks a lot and sorry for how I’d been insolent to you earlier.”
Funny enough, the woman smiled and said, “Oh Henry, I’m not angry at all, or will you let me prove that to you with a hug?” She had spread her arms out already, but Henry said promptly, “There’s no need for that. Thanks for your advice.”
Henry hasted to the door, got it opened swiftly and banged the door after exiting, but he thought he had Dr. Mrs. Walter call his name and he turned around instantly to get the door open again.
“Idiot!” yelled the woman referring to Henry in absentia, but the door flung open again and Henry peeped just as she was pronouncing the abusive language. All Henry had come back for was to ask if she had just called his name when he was about leaving the room, but with what Henry had just heard the woman address him he wouldn’t need ask her anything. The lady stared at Henry shamefacedly, but her stare was short-lived, since Henry had banged the door swiftly and walked away, intending to go vent his anger on Susie who had taken the snapshot.
Doctor Mrs. Walter remained motionless as she gazed numbly at the door as if Henry was still there.[/b]
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jul 07, 2014
[b]CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN
HARRIED HARRISON

The younger Ted deliberately lodged with the two boys in the campus for a week to see if he would see Susie again. He needed the photograph by all means. Though the younger Ted was not able to get Susie again, he really enjoyed the company of the two friends, regardless of the fact that they had refused to take him to Susie.
It was during the short stay that Henry and Ted got to know that the claim of the boy earlier that he was a good goalie was true, because they saw him catch the ball so well, more than they’d expected.
The match was played for fun that particular day on a fairly large field. The younger Ted kept the goal while Henry played as an opponent. Since the older Ted would not want to sustain an injury, he collected the whistle and became an umpire. Despite his biasness on the field by favoring Henry’s side, the game still ended goalless.
During the match, Henry dribbled so well, fired a lot of shots at the younger Ted, yet he, as well as his team-mates, wasn’t able to score any goal. Henry’s team dominated from the start of the game to the end. Ted favored them so well by awarding three penalty kicks to Henry’s side. Henry took all the penalty kicks, placed the ball at many delicate angles, but the younger Ted saved them all.
Though the younger Ted’s teammates inflicted much injury on Henry’s teammates during the match, yet no one was borne away on a stretcher till the end of the game, except for the feckless referee (The older Ted) who had a muscle pull and fell while running around, officiating. Ted never got up on his feet until he was borne out on a stretcher for treatment. Another referee came to take his place, but this particular one was not bias like the first, who had made all attempt to ensure that the match was fecund by favoring Henry’s team.
Henry and the younger Ted were the men of the match, since Henry was the person that had dribbled with the ball most and made most of the attempts on goal; and the younger Ted was the one who had saved the ball oft times from getting to the net, parrying them almost all the time. The other goalie, Henry’s keeper, whose box was lying fallow most of the time for not regularly frequented with the opponent’s shots, was just relaxing throughout the game.
The older Ted had to limp for few days before his affected muscles were healed again.
While Henry and the Teds were busy having fun, Harrison was busy pondering upon many wicked imaginations. He had so much been drunk with the thought of how he would get rid of the younger Ted and the two Gyrus greatest liars.
Harrison spent much of his time in soliloquies, since he had no one to share his grief with.
Raul was just convalescing at those times. He was on crutches during the last Gyrus meeting, therefore he was the last to leave Gyrus that particular day, since his speed of travel to earth had reduced drastically to fifty kilometers per picoseconds. The dial in his pocket speedometer had got broken, since such low speed had not been indicated on the instrument when manufactured.
Harrison had tried oftentimes to spy at the three, but it was difficult for his mirror to show them. He never knew that the boys were seeing him while he was perambulating in his room, soliloquizing as he was gazing angrily at his blank mirror.
Were it not for Henry and Ted’s counsel, the younger Ted would have poured those tiny shiny thorny itchy things on Harrison too, through the mirror, since he’d stolen some of it when departing Harrison’s house few days ago.
It was through the spy made on Harrison that they heard Harrison say, “I’m going to Spain right away, to see Raul.” The boys saw how Harrison had begun the journey to Spain, but they were not patient enough to see the end of the journey, since it was not suitable for them to keep gazing at the mirror for hours.
Harrison got to Raul’s place at dusk. It was shocking to Raul that Harrison had come as far afield as the USA just to pay him a visit in Zaragoza, Spain. As Raul heard the sound of the door, he said from within in Spanish, “Who are you?”
Harrison got inside and found him lying on a cushion chair.
“Oh, it’s you Harrison. I can’t just believe you came for me from such a very far distance. Please do have your seat.”
In lieu of sitting, his eyes scanned the room quickly. At last he asked, “Is any one in here?”
“Yes, my housemaid. I don’t stay with my parents anymore—I’ll call her to get the meal prepared for you now.”
“No, no, no, no. Don’t worry her. All I came here for is to ensure that you remain alive.”
“You should have said it over through the mirror—or—” suggested Raul.
Harrison grinned and said, “Virtual image is nothing in comparison with the real ones. If I make use of the mirror some optical illusion may take place and I may see some false impressions.” Just then Harrison turned back as if to take his leave.
“What? You leaving so soon? You’ve not spent up to five minutes over here and you’re leaving just like that? It’s not done Harrison—travelling to another country only to spend four minutes over there and leave?” Hearing that Harrison turned back, smiled and said, “So…”
“I’ve got to pay you back for your kind gestures Harrison. You’re such a great help to me. How can I reward you?” Raul said in earnest as he gazed around as if the reward to give Harrison was just within reach.
“You’ve got to do nothing. Just relax and recover quick, that’s all I want you do for me.”
Raul pestered on, not knowing the malevolent thought Harrison was harboring.
“Harrison, you’ve got to take something from me as a reciprocation of your love for me,” Raul said and the reply he heard was scaring:
“Well if you insist,” Harrison said, taking out Raul’s wand, which he’d earlier folded into two and kept in his bag. “If you insist, Raul, I’ll take something from you—your life.”
Raul was cold as he heard that. He’d known Harrison in the past for keeping to his words. With bulged eyes he yelled, “Don’t!”
“I must do it,” Harrison said with a low tone, “You made Ted Manuel to defeat me.”
“Harrison, it was me he defeated not you.”
“Shut up! Maybe you don’t know that my wish is me. That bastard defeated my wish.”
“I—I’m sorry,” Raul spoke with difficulty, “My power didn’t just work during the fight.”
“That was because you didn’t follow my advice.”
“I followed it to the letter Harrison. You saw it yourself—the dream—before I sent it to the boy.”
“What I saw then, through the mirror, must have been brought about by some optical illusions,” said Harrison as he was straightening out the wand, “The real dream must have contained the opposite of what I saw,” Harrison smirked wickedly as he moved closer to Raul in slow motion.
“I swear!” Raul cried, “The dream was not faulty. It was exactly what you saw—what you asked me to do. I mixed the ingredient so well with my handmade dreamblender. Everything was perfectly framed together in the right proportion.”
Harrison shouted at him, “You made me a failure, so—you must die!”
Just then Raul recognized the wand immediately as his own and he pointed at it and said, “That’s my—” He had not ended his speech when he collapsed and passed away, having been greatly affected by his own wand Harrison had pointed at him.
A young damsel rushed into the room when she heard Raul’s groans, but Harrison had left already. [/b]
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by dammygoody(m): 7:04pm On Jul 07, 2014
Thanks for the updates prof,
I wish you speedy purchase of another phone grin
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jul 07, 2014
dammygoody: Thanks for the updates prof,
I wish you speedy purchase of another phone grin

Amen!!!
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 8:03pm On Jul 07, 2014
[b]Story continuation

CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT
CATCH 22

“Henry, you’ve not told me how much it’ll cost me to acquire your book of power,” said the younger Ted in a covetous manner. He would love to get the book at all cost, even if it would mean becoming impoverished. The boys were just laughing at him all the times he had opened the discussions about the book. Their laughter had angered him a lot, but the urge to get the book would not make him express it out. When he kept pestering them, Henry said in an unserious way, “Forget it man.”
“Why?” demanded the boy quick. It was as if he had got a question mark drawn in his brain.
“You can’t afford it,” said Henry and Ted.
“I’ve told you I can,” the younger Ted said in exasperation. As he ended his statement, he saw Henry’s countenance change to a gloomy one. He was intrigued. “What?”
“Well…I’ve got to tell you the truth now,” Henry spoke soberly as sadness took over the texture of his face.
“Tell me,” said the younger Ted impatiently. He couldn’t wait to hear it.
“The book has been seized by the dean,” announced Henry slowly. His facial expression was undoubtedly suitable enough to convince the younger Ted that he was saying the truth.
“What d’you mean?” the younger Ted said at once, and impatiently added, “Why can’t you use your power to brainwash him into restoring it to you, or…is he a cultist too?”
“Sure,” Ted replied as Henry added, “A Gyrus citizen for that matter—the assistant head lieutenant general.”
The boy was shocked.
“Oh! You mean Professor Wilson? Does he work here?”
“Yes, he’s the dean of the faculty of science,” Henry said.
“But why? What did you do to him?” the younger Ted’s eyes bulged out.
“What you advised us to do,” the boys answered, “You asked us to behave as if we were his foes. We did that by confronting him and harassing—“
The younger Ted interrupted, “I saw it! You guys were really desperate, pointing a knife at the man’s secretary. I almost felt that Harrison must have really got you then, with the way you guys behaved.”
“We planned it so well,” Henry laughed briskly, “But we had to go back to him later to tell him the truth of the matter. Then he seized the book as a punitive measure.”
“Oh, it was my fault!” the younger Ted gave his left palm a punch with his right fist in frustration. It pained him so well that he wouldn’t get the book.
“Not your fault Ted; at least the trick prevented Harry from harming us then,” said Henry, but the younger Ted said quickly, “Can you just let me know where he stays?”
“You mean the prof.?” they asked and the boy nodded in approval.
“Well…he stays in the staff quarters on week days, but goes to his home here in California on weekends,” Henry explained.
“But why d’you ask?” asked Ted baffled, and he got the answer quick, “So I can get it for you guys.” Henry’s and Ted’s faces beamed with shock as they fixed their gazes at the younger Ted. They were shocked at his statement. They asked him later how he would get the feat done and the boy said, “You just watch and see!” However, they warned him critically not to venture into such thing for fear that another trouble might ensue in the course of performing such debauchery act.
“Alright,” he admitted eventually.
The younger Ted spoke after a brisk silence, “If I can’t get the book at least I should be able to get the picture.”
“Hey, just forget that dude, because you’ll never come across her anymore,” Henry said.
“Just try link me up with her,” said the younger Ted, “I promise I won’t snatch her from you.” The boys laughed at his statements.
“It’s no laughing matter dudes, just…I’ll be leaving here tomorrow and I’ll love to go with a copy of the damn thing,” he complained, but all he got in return were mocking remarks. At last Henry said, “Let me tell you a secret. It was just a single copy she made and she’s given it to a lecturer. I’ve warned her not to make any other copy.” The younger Ted smiled and said, “I’ll sure get that copy from that lecturer; at least I heard her mention one Mrs. Walter then. I’ll go search her out.”
When the younger Ted left eventually, Henry took the said picture out and showed Ted.
“Henry, so you’ve got a copy with you, how?” expressed Ted, looking critically at the picture. Henry explained the nitty-gritty of the mystery behind it to him and said conclusively, “That boy will never get this thing. I’m sure lady hen will choke him up with her smells if he go asking for the picture.” The boys laughed heartily as Henry kept it back in his wallet, which he then put in his wardrobe.
Two days after Raul’s murder was a Gyrus meeting day. Harrison came to Gyrus earlier than the usual time that day for a purpose not other than perpetrating evil as he was wont doing. This time he headed for Henry’s seat. Holding out Raul’s wand in his right hand, he muttered some sentences and the wand became invisible. He lowered his body and dropped it below Henry’s seat. He had only managed to get away from there when Henry landed on the seat Harrison had just left. Henry at once felt something beneath his right leg. He stooped quickly to see what it was, but he saw nothing.
In a short moment Gyrus was bustling with souls. As usual many activities took place in gyrus that day. Eventually Harrison declared that he had got something to say. Without any delay he was afforded the chance.
“I salute you all,” Harrison spoke as he bowed his head briskly to show all some superficial respects. “I’ve got a thing to say—a vital information.” He paused intentionally as he shook his head in a doleful manner, but the magistrate, being impatient, said, “Say it.”
“Raul is dead!” Harrison announced and all eyes were turned to the seat known to have been occupied by the boy in question. Henry got to know that the seat was empty from the look he took at Dolly’s bulged eyeball. He saw it clearly from her eyeballs that Raul’s seat was vacant.
“What are you looking at in my eyes?” Dolly had challenged and Henry had said, “Thousands of miles away. I saw it in your smiling face—Raul’s seat is vacant.” Dolly gave him a light push and said smiling in disbelief, “Shut up liar. You never saw any thousand miles on my face, only smiles.
Henry was still beaming at her eyes when he heard Harrison say, “Henry and Ted killed him!” Anger exuded on Henry’s face at once as he sat up quick to hear the rest of the story.
“How d’you know that?” the impatient man asked.
“I visited him two days ago. I met him almost dead. I tried all I could to prevent him from dying, but the only thing he could say before eventually passing away was that the two boys attacked him and left him in such condition. He said that they left with his wand.”
The fury in the accused body systems propelled them to the podium in a flash. They were going to tear Harrison apart and damn the consequence.
“You’re lying!” they said, grabbing Harrison’s neck at once.
“Stop!” the magistrate screamed, “What a rude attack!”
“He’s lying!’ they cried out once again as they let go Harrison’s neck.
“I’m not,” Harrison affirmed. “I saw the wand with Henry here today. He’s kept it under his seat.” Henry was dumbfounded as he heard that. His thought was directed to the invisible thing he had stepped upon earlier. Before he could utter a word the floor searcher had begun work already. In less than a second, Henry’s seat area had been scanned through and displayed by the machine, detecting the said wand.
“The truth is glaring,” the magistrate declared, misconstruing deception ignorantly for truth.
“It’s not true!” the boys screamed but all that they could achieve was laughter from the citizens.
“You cannot escape it this time,” declared the magistrate critically.
Professor Wilson was not feeling convenient where he was sitting. All the lieutenants and magistrates had held an impromptu meeting earlier that day in Gyrus. In the meeting it had been unanimously agreed upon that none of the dignitaries should stand as a witness anymore for or against anyone that would hereafter have a case in the planet. The dean would never have agreed to such a resolution were it not for the fear of being isolated by them all and taken for an enemy of the progress of the planet.
The inconveniencies the dean was presently experiencing could be infallibly traced to the fact that he would not want to stand back seeing his boys executed, since that was the only verdict for such kind of case involving the murder of a co-magician.
“You shall die!” the magistrate declared just as the dean had anticipated.
“We’ve done nothing,” protested Ted, “I know nothing about this,” Henry added.
“Enough of your lies!” yelled the magistrate. “You shall not escape this,” he said further looking belligerently at them. They were sweating profusely when they focused on the thought of the premature death they were soon going to face.
“We know nothing about this,” they chorused repeatedly as Harrison fastened his eyes on them grinning wickedly.
“You must be beheaded,” the impervious man cried out as he instantly beckoned on two soldiers to get the deeds done. Some strong cords got Henry tied up at once, hands and feet, in tandem with Ted too. Their mouths were gagged too. They were made to be in the lying posture, face downward, as the soldiers stood over them swords held up in the air waiting to here the magistrate give them the order to carry out the executions. The younger Ted was one of the soldiers. He was standing over Henry’s head, beaming hostilely at him. Henry was scared that the younger Ted would not have a change of mind concerning the execution, since the last time they had met was a sorry moment when the boy left him in annoyance for the inability of Henry to get him the picture. Henry noticed that his own sword was lowered to his head far more than that of the other soldier that was to behead Ted.
The magistrate said, “Harry shall be crowned the Power Guard right away because it’s glaring that he’s worth the position now.” As the man was speaking, a pretty lady rushed to the podium with a crown which was exhibiting metallic luster. It was meant to be put on Harrison’s head to ordain him the new Power Guard since Kent Robins demise. Henry bowed his head so that her hand could reach his head, expecting to hear the magistrate give the instruction that he should be crowned.
Professor Wilson’s face was fierce where he was seated. It seemed he was now overzealous, legs jerking all the time as if he was going to rush to the podium.
“Now listen soldiers; immediately Harrison’s crowned you should behead the two greatest liars in this kingdom. Is that okay?” The younger Ted’s head shook in approval far more than the soldier’s own, who was standing before him. He was smiling satisfactorily to himself when Henry gazed up to look a t his face. Ted’s single promotion after defeating Raul had placed him in a position of superiority above the other executioner beside him.
“Traitor!” Henry thought of his character. Just then the magistrate yelled, “Crown him!” and instantly the damsel’s hands swooped down on Harrison’s head as she made to put the crown on him...

To be continued after ten comments cheesy[/b]
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Audinowing(m): 8:26pm On Jul 07, 2014
It will be so ungrateful of me to read this wonderful piece to this last page without saying thank you Sammy. Honestly your writing skill is equal to non. At some point I felt like calling you Sammy gyrus because you re more than a genius. people still sabi book like this for naija?
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Audinowing(m): 8:50pm On Jul 07, 2014
Now I know the meaning of addiction. Sammy Please the only antidote is to post just another update tonight or else somebody will not sleep tonight o!

1 Like

Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 10:13pm On Jul 07, 2014
Audinowing: Now I know the meaning of addiction. Sammy Please the only antidote is to post just another update tonight or else somebody will not sleep tonight o!

L grin L
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 11:21pm On Jul 07, 2014
LogoDWhiz and Bobostykah I see una o
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by LogoDWhiz(m): 11:33pm On Jul 07, 2014
SammyHoe: LogoDWhiz and Bobostykah I see una o

lol.. Welldone bro.. Ride on

1 Like

Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 11:57pm On Jul 07, 2014
[color=][b]but a large breeze from nowhere blew the crown away. Then the soldier beside the younger Ted had been sent flying in the air too, with his sword and himself flying different directions by the younger Ted’s left leg kick.
“What! What’s going on here?” screamed the magistrate in confusion.
“I did it,” a voice sounded from a near distance to them. It was the voice of the dean, Professor Wilson. He had just stepped forward to accept the responsibility. He was the one who had engendered the breeze which was believed by every one watching to have blown the crown away, but they also felt it was the wind that had blown the second soldier away too, but Henry saw the kick, so he knew the truth.
“Why?” the magistrate asked in fury, gaping at the dean.
“Because Harrison’s lying,” the dean replied without any iota of fear, “Harrison’s lying and all have been believing in lies all these whiles,” he added.
“How dare you?” the magistrate yelled, having remembered the vows made by them all earlier that day that none of them would no more stand as a witness for any citizen again. Just then Harrison rushed to get the dean hurt. He pointed his wand at the man’s direction but the professor snaffled it quickly from his grip, then he placed the selfsame wand on Harrison’s neck as if to get rid of his head with it as a matchet would do. He had already put Harrison on headlock. Harrison’s eyeballs were dilating in horror, roaming their sockets with extreme frequency of oscillation. He was anticipating a good response from the magistrate.
The other soldier, who had floated away earlier, was now back to take his position beside Ted again, but he was now wary of another kick from the boy, looking lopsidedly at him all the time in fright as he thought of how his kicks had almost killed Raul earlier. The younger Ted had already pretended as if he had done nothing earlier. The tip of his sword was now touching Henry’s knife neck lightly.
“Professor Wilson, are you out of your mind? Didn’t you support that Henry was lying too, when Grandwala brought him that day?” the magistrate asked in shock and the dean hung his head in shame.
“I’m sorry,” said the man in a soft tone, but his hand was still tightly gripping Harrison’s scruff, “I lied then.”
“And you acquired points and attained position with it, isn’t it?”
“Well…I’m ready to be stripped of all my positions and become an ordinary pointless citizen, provided that Henry and Ted are spared and this fool destroyed.” He pressed the wand at his neck to gesture to the magistrate the fool he was talking about. The planet went into silence, but an ephemeral one. They soon began to chant very loud, “Kill them; spare Harrison!”
At last their voices made some impacts on the magistrate. He said, “Professor Wilson, you shall die with your boys for your inability to prove your point. You’ve got to prove to us now that the boys are innocent, else—you shall die with them in two minutes.”

Harrison, who was still under the headlock, smiled satisfactorily when he heard the magistrate’s pronouncements. He felt that the dean would have nothing to say about it.
“He can’t unravel the mystery,’ thought Harrison as he wriggled in the man’s grip, perhaps to send a message to the magistrate that he should ask the man to let go of him, but Patrick Rutherford never thought of saying that. All he was waiting for was to hear Wilson say something. To Harrison’s astonishment, the dean opened his mouth and uttered, “Five days ago, during the fight involving Ted the magic solider and Raul the dream-maker, I noticed that one of Ted’s kick sent Raul’s wand flying in the air. I saw it flying in the air, but the scope of my eyes was not able to say precisely where the wand had eventually landed on. Probably it had landed on the floor around Henry’s seat and the boy did not notice it.” The gullible magistrate was already making some senses out of the man’s prove. He expressed his credulity externally by saying, “It’s quite making some senses, Wilson’s prove.” All of a sudden he said in addition, “You’ve got to prove that in a lucid manner ’cos I’m quite sure there’s no way it would have landed around Henry’s seat without the boy, or any one in the planet noticing it.”

Harrison’s heart was gladdened by the comment made last by Patrick Rutherford. He was still in his elated state when he heard Professor Wilson say, “Well, I believe Henry must have been so much engrossed in the fight that he didn’t notice the wand flying to his direction, just as no one had noticed it too.”
“What do you mean?” the magistrate countered his words, “ How come none saw the wand when it was flying then? Myself never realized throughout the fight that any wand was flying in the air. How come it was you alone that saw a flying wand then?”
Professor Wilson said, “That’s what I’ve just said. Everyone was concentrating two hundred percent attention on the fight, such that they didn’t see the wand fly in the air. Remember our slogan, the more you look, the less you see. I never concentrated as much as two percent attention to the fight then so I saw it clearly, the flight of the wand. I was having the thought that Raul would win, so I felt it useless to concentrate much of my attention on the fight.”
“What an expatiation!” the magistrate’s voice beamed with shock, but he heard behind him a voice belonging to one of the Gyrus lawyers, a female, “But sir, we’ve vowed earlier not to give heed to the witness of any of the dignitaries.”
“Shut up comrade Margaret,” the man railed at her, “I didn’t solicit your assistant, Gyrus liar.” The woman had to fleet at once to her seat in shame adulterated with anger. Patrick continued, “Professor Wilson, you’re not totally justified. No, not until you’ve explained to me how Henry had not been able to see it since the past five days. You know this is the second meeting we’ll be having after that event.” The dean laughed and said, “Simple! We all know what Raul can do. He’s such a powerful fellow. He must have done something to the wand to make it invisible for Henry to see so that he could pick it up later. Yes, and for that reason Henry did not see it. If it had been visible, then Henry should have picked it up and hid it somewhere in his room on earth, not on the bare floor in Gyrus.”
“Hmm!” the magistrate hummed in adoration for the man’s clever philosophy. He had been undoubtedly carried away with the man’s bogus explanations. To express his credulity outwardly further, he said, “I think you’re making a great deal of sense.” He nodded in silence for some seconds and said at last, “One more thing; I’ll like to view the playback of the fight. Control room, get to work right away.”

Hearing that, Harrison was scared beyond measure. His face glowered and his body system seemed crippled at once. He felt a cold sensation creeping around in his body. If the man had let him loose then, Harrison may slump at once and die. He was sure that the screen would reveal the direction of flight of the wand in question. As the controllers came around to display the fight, Harrison winked at the main man among them, who was about to get the screen to work. The man understood what the wink should mean, but he kept on in what he was doing.

As envisaged by all, the screen began to reveal the fight again. It had begun the display from the commencement of the fight till the point Raul was sent flying in the air by one of the younger Ted’s kicks. The younger Ted was fixing his gaze proudly at himself on the screen. He was glad about the skills he had displayed, but the other soldier was having a look that was quite the contrast of his. The young man was scared as he was intermittently gazing at the younger Ted to see if his kick was coming again, so that he could duck quickly to avoid it. However, contrary to his thought, no kick came.

Everyone was watching the wand fly in the air when suddenly the display paused abruptly. They had not seen much of the direction the wand was taking when the display stopped, but none of them, except Harrison, knew the cause of the abrupt discontinuity of the video. It was the work of the man in charge. Harry smiled in satisfaction.
“What’s happening to the machine again?” the magistrate yelled in annoyance as he took hold of the controller’s shirt roughly and shook him.
“I don’t know,” the man shrugged, feigning ignorance. The magistrate left him in fury as he gazed at the screen as if to manually get the rest of the video to display. He said eventually, “Well, I’m convinced already that Harrison was lying against the boys, seeing how the wand was flying towards the citizens,” he paused to look at the other screen that was displaying the citizens, but the eyes he met in it were the angry and dissatisfied types. However he continued his speech, “My judgment’s this, Wilson shall be promoted to become my assistance and…” His speech was interrupted.
“Sir, if you ain’t going to promote the accused then keep the promotion. I won’t need it,” said the dean firmly.
“Well, it’s your choice,” the magistrate said, “I can’t promote Henry and Ted because they’ve done nothing worth points or promotion. So, I hereby proceed with my judgment…” he paused deliberately to gaze at the citizens again. He said eventually, “Harry should be beheaded in place of the boys!”

The verdict was greeted with much hullabaloos, but the executioners had already shifted their location to Harrison’s side, raising their swords above his head. Harry hope was restored when he began to hear chants of, “No! Harrison must not die!” “He’s not worth dying!” “He helped to repair our gadgets!” “He’s truthful and honest!” “Ted and Henry should be killed!” “Harrison’s as good as Sergius his father!”[/b]
[/color]
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 12:15am On Jul 08, 2014
[b]The chants were pouring out endlessly from many mouths. In a short moment no one was sitting down anymore. They were up on their feet, perhaps getting ready to fleet forward to prevent the judgment. The magistrate was sore afraid. He wouldn’t know what the aftermath of the suspected stampede would be.
“Okay, okay, please sit down everybody. I said please be on your seat!” the man yelled continuously and the citizens obeyed reluctantly, slumping to their feet incongruously. The magistrate knew at once that he must need to change the judgment, seeing that Harrison was the favorite of many. He came up with an idea, which he aired without delay.
“Well, Harry may be absolved if he can just repair this machine so that we can see all that had happened in the fight. We shall then see where the wand had flown. Based on where the wand had actually landed, Harrison could be exonerated.”
Harrison’s fear, which seemed allayed of late by the protest made by the citizens, had now been aggravated by the magistrate’s new idea. He was scared an indecisive. By abstaining, he would be beheaded, and if he ventured into revealing the rest of the video, he would face the same judgment all the same. He was in a state of catch-22. His thought was dilating from one to another as he shook for fear in the man’s grip.
“Harrison, come over, repair the machine so we can see the rest of the display and…” The dean released him from the long headlock he had put him, but Henry and Ted were still left on the floor, captured.
“My wand,” Harrison demanded, looking at the dean disdainfully. Professor Wilson restored the wand to him quickly. Harrison smiled when he got the wand back. He moved to the screen and hit it lightly with the wand, but nothing visible seemed to take place. He stroke it for two more times, but nothing happened. Harrison had not commanded the wand to do anything, so it was not working. The wand itself seemed to know the right thing to do, since it was the late Power Guard’s own possessing discretion, but Harrison had turned his appearance to his own long time ago already. His original wand had since then been kept somewhere, since he had felt there was no need for utilizing something inferior when there’s another thing superior.
“Harrison, you can’t repair the gadget, so you shall die! Lose them quick!” The magistrate’s command was obeyed. Ted and Henry were set lose by the soldiers, who were rushing back to Harrison again to get the job done. The younger Ted’s sword was already on Harrison’s neck, ready to chop it off. At that juncture, the citizens rose to their feet again, and many were already fleeting out. The magistrate, for fear, yelled, “Stop! Stop! I’m changing the judgment right away! So, don’t come over here!” It was obvious that the man was scared of being thronged by thousands of people, “Harrison must have to repair this screen within three earth months else he shall die still. That’s my new judgment.” The citizens were satisfied with the new verdict. They were calm again.
The magistrate turned to Harrison and said, “Pending that time, Harrison, you’re no more a Mystery Maker. Meeting over!”
Though the magistrate had pronounced a woeful declaration on Harrison, yet he was the hero of the day. Many clustered around him to console him and to pronounce him a hero. They expressed their heartfelt sympathy for his predicament.
“Harrison, muster your strength back and prove to your critics that you’re innocent by repairing the gadget,” said Margaret, the lawyer who was antagonizing the magistrate earlier, handling Harrison’s hair passionately.
“Harrison Burton, Sergius carbon copy, you’re my man,” said another, a male this time.
“We love you Harrison,” many also said, pulling him adorably and waving at him as they were departing Gyrus.
A seemingly elderly lady stood at a near distance. She was gazing at Harrison too, but she remained there, not expressing any visible emotion. Her name was Lucy, the younger Ted’s class teacher. Harrison soon discovered he was now the only one left in Gyrus. He soliloquized, “This is just the beginning. I shall make sure Henry and the Teds pay for this.” Just then he turned around and found a lady nearby him.
“Who are you?” he asked in fret.
“Hi,” the lady responded. “I’m Lucy—Fred Lucy,” the apparently old lady said as she bowed for him briskly. Harrison was shocked. He was not sure if she had heard his soliloquy that, “This is just the beginning…”
[/b]

THE END OF PHASE ONE---THE CITIZENS OF GYRUS
PHASE TWO CONTINUES ASAP---THE CONTROVERSIAL BOOK OF POWER
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Bash92(m): 5:57am On Jul 08, 2014
Getting close. Thanks for the updates
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by dammygoody(m): 7:49am On Jul 08, 2014
Yes.. We are really getting close..
Good morning EBIAGEES..
thanks for the update prof..
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by temmythe(f): 12:20pm On Jul 08, 2014
Weldone Sammy Bomb and thanks for the updates... Love u mucho...
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by hisxlency: 12:41pm On Jul 08, 2014
E don tey wey I dey come check on you, shebi you talk say " asap" abi your asap want turn to one year ni ? I can't wait jare

2 Likes

Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jul 08, 2014
hisxlency: E don tey wey I dey come check on you, shebi you talk say " asap" abi your asap want turn to one year ni ? I can't wait jare
It isn't possible yet...I say it again, I will update As Soon As POSSIBLE grin
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by temmythe(f): 5:12pm On Jul 08, 2014
I know ASAP means "as soon as possible" but I dey read am to be "now now"... The asap wey u put, just dey give me hope say d update go plenty today... But, my hope just dey dash each time I refresh dis page and I see no update ... Forgive my ranting, just dat I can't wait to see wetin come become this stipid Harrison cos I know say my harry and in duo Ted no go die cos actor no dey die. angry
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by hisxlency: 5:13pm On Jul 08, 2014
SammyHoe:
oya abeg leave logic alone, you done win, after all you gyrus genuis just update now because it is POSSIBLE
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by hisxlency: 5:14pm On Jul 08, 2014
SammyHoe:
oya abeg leave logic alone, you done win, after all you are a gyrus genius, just update now because with a genius everything is POSSIBLE !
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jul 08, 2014
hisxlency: oya abeg leave logic alone, you done win, after all you gyrus genuis just update now because it is POSSIBLE

It is only I who have d right to exclusively speak for myself...so it is not possible yet because I'm not having access to my PC now because I'm at workplace grin
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Canme4u(m): 6:51pm On Jul 08, 2014
@my Oga at the Top cheesycheesy Sammy Hoe , we are almost where I was when #REvOLuTiOn's Blackout of NL happened.... Oya Ride Oncheesycheesycheesy cos I be #CanmeBoss eh Eh! CanmeReader oh Oh! SammyStories grin cheesy cheesy #EbiagFamily eh eh! You know sey SammyBloody cheesy cheesy and I knw sey SammySKILLFUL HaN han grin cheesy cheesy Sammy get the biggest Family wey u know Ofcoursecheesycheesycheesy#EBIAGnation

If you feel me, o ya fi rushing hit likes becasue eyes always see biriBiri, Like Monkey like monkey has always been the way ship lookcheesycheesycheesycheesy it will touch down, it will touch down thats always the way Labalaba(BUTTERFLY) usualy escape into the Bush. You! My mother of Osoronga, o ya e fase si because the the advise made by Patient Jonathan is the only advice #Jona must follow.

O ya, e fi rushing like post me yicheesycheesycheesycheesy
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Audinowing(m): 6:54pm On Jul 08, 2014
SammyHoe:

It is only I who have d right to exclusively speak for myself...so it is not possible yet because I'm not having access to my PC now because I'm at workplace grin
Came back from work ** took my bath ** straight to my system to ve a dose of EBIAG ** to my surprise no update yet ** became sad ** my wife asked-darling what's the matter? ** I replied - its Sammy the genius oooo *** Sammy Please come and make my evening palatable or else...

1 Like

Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Uniboy1: 10:51pm On Jul 08, 2014
Sammy well done o for continuing the story. Thanks for bringing EBIAG back to life again after the disasterous nairaland quake. We de ur back.
Shoutout to all members of EBIAG family

2 Likes

Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 1:28pm On Jul 09, 2014
SEASON 1/ PHASE 2
THE CONTROVERSIAL BOOK OF POWER

NOTE: I have lost a lot of data to the nairaland crash earlier...this thread ended at page 164 initially, but now, it was reduced to page 19 and I have re-updated to page 22...
Many pages are missing from Page 23 to 164 so I will have to be summarizing a lot to link up with the available one.

Now I just realise the kind of big work I've gotten myself into angry

[b]Summary: Lucy Fred who appeared to Harrison in gyrus is the younger Ted's class teacher back in Ted's school...Harrison eventually declared his mission to her. He wanted to send a cream of death to the younger Ted through her. She accepted on the condition that Harrison would marry her after the deal was completed. Harrison pretentiously agreed. The cream would also be extended to Henry and the older Ted and they would all die...

Unknown to them, Henry and the Teds were spying at them through their mirrors and they heard everything they were planning...

When Harrison asked Lucy where her husband was earlier, she said that he was dead.

"Sorry," Harrison had said.

...Harrison was shocked when Lucy said, never worry to tell me sorry sir. It's now fourteen years ago that Ross died." The ladies face never carried a trace of self-pity. Perhaps she hadn't been affected a bit by her husband's death, or perhaps the length of years had obliterated the painful memory off her mind.

However, Harrison soon got an answer to the riddle when he asked, "How did he die?"

"I killed him," said Lucy. Harrison was caught unawares with her confession. He managed to ask, "Why?"

"The same day, just few minutes after the wedding, somebody informed me that Ross had another wife sonewhere else."

Harrison queried her further.

"And...how were you able to murder him, Mrs Ross?"

"With my gyrusic hands of course," she said. I used my diabolical hands to strangle him." She smiled.

Harrison hadn't given it attention earlier that Mrs Ross could have done it with magic since it happened fourteen years back. To express his shock, he asked,"Do you wanna tell me you've been a gyrus citizen as far as fourteen years ago?"

"Not fourteen my lord, but eighteen. I became a gyrus citizen at sixteen."

Under pretence, Harrison answered, "Then you've got to be my boss, not my slave as you've purported earlier."

"Master," she said and bowed. "I haven't achieved anything in the gyrus world ever since, but you, great things...just within a year of arrival."

She had begun to flip through one of Harrison's magical books. Harrison saw her and stylishly took the book away from her.

"That isn't going to be relevant for you anyway." He began to walk away with the book.

While he was away in his study, the lady moved close to the corner of the wall where Harrison's picture was suspended. She took a very close look at it and a sensation of elation engulfed her heart. She just had the sudden urge to have it.

The picture seemed great to her. In there, Harrison had his left hand under his chin and a little smile on his face. Harrison had a little patch at the right side of his head. Seemed he had a little bruises over there many years back which had eventually grown larger with age. However, Mrs Ross didn't see it as a scar; to her it was Harrison's vantage point when beauty geniuses were concerned.

Mrs Ross didn't realise how she stood on tiptoes to reach for it. She picked it and set it before her face.

"Ow, this is very beautiful," she said slowly as if the way she spoke would do to add more beauty to the soul in there. Then suddenly her lips protruded. She was going to run them over the picture, probably to whet her appetite of lust for it the more. Slowly, as if under the influence of a "slow motion" gadget, she began to lower her beaklike lips towards it. When her mouth was just a millimeter close, the picture was snaffled away by a force. She swiftly raised her head and found Harrison standing over her.

"Mrs Ross, I didn't bring you here for that," Harrison spoke, diluting the harshness of his speech with a fleeting smile. She smiled back and winked.

"I--I am sorry," she felt a bit embarrassed.

"How do you know I have just spent a year as a citizen?"

'I witnessed your initiation," she revealed.

"Oh! Let's leave that aside," said Harrison who had just come back into his right senses. It wasn't in his nature to keep up with prolonged talks. He would now go straight into the business
[/b]
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jul 09, 2014
[b]Harrison drew in a deep breath in readiness to get the mission activated. Lucy didn't have to wait too long for him to speak.

"Here's what you'll do for me Mrs Ross," he paused intentionally to read her face, wanting to know if she was pleased with being called Ross still. "Get this little bottle to Ted your student."

Harrison gave her a little transparent bottle. At first she had no idea what was inside. To clear her mind off doubt, she demanded, "Sir, what have you got in there?"
"A cream," Harrison replied.
"For what?" she was nosy.

Harrison sniffed.

"Tell him it would make him invincible. I believe he's going to fall for it headlong. Let him share the cream with his friends, Henry and Ted."

Lucy smiled and said, "Actually what's going to happen to them after using it?"
Harrison delayed to give a response, perhaps he was in doubt whether it would be safe to tell her or not. After making up his mind he replied, "He'll sleep forever."

Lucy's mouth widened. Seemed she loved the idea.

"Master, uhm, that's the easiest way of getting rid of an enemy; using a friend of one's enemy against him is the most defenceless attack I'd ever known. He'd be left clueless 'cos he trusts me with all his life."

Harrison expected her to swing to action immediately but she amazed him with something she demanded:

"Sir...what's going to be my reward after I've accomplished the task?"

Harrison replied, "Ask whatever you need."
Harrison's impromptu response was only a mean to an end. He wasn't going to fulfil any promise in the long run. However it came as a shock when she said, "Let me be your wife."
"My wife?" Harrison could not believe it. How could Lucy, a thirty-four year old possibly fall in love with an eighteen year old stripling like himself. He was suspicious.

"Yes, Sir Harrison. It's going to be great honour if only I could be the wife of the Chief-Magistrate-to-be in gyrus. We shall have the wedding ceremony done in gyrus and remain behind there to enjoy honeymoon..."
Harrison interrupted. He knew she was not going to stop imagining. However, he observed her saying and asked, "Who told you I'm going to become a magistrate in gy--?"
"My inner magical spirit," she said. Her confession appeared genuine, but by the look of things Harrison was still far away from becoming a gyrus magistrate.

Harrison saw her eyes piercing into his. She was coming closer for a hug. He pushed her arms away and said, "Mrs Ross it's not time to make love uh. Go do the work and I'm yours."
It seemed Lucy was not satisfied with being called Mrs Ross.
"Call me Lucy," she corrected him. "After our wedding I'd be glad to be called Mrs Harrison."
Harrison thought about her confession. How could he settle down with a murderer? It was just going to be impossible. What was the assurance that she wouldn't get rid of me as he did to Ross? Harrison thought.
Mrs Ross left Harrison's place in elation. She would locate Ted immediately.
Henry and the Teds looked away from the mirror in awe. The younger Ted's heart thumped abnormally. He just stooped, mouth agape. If he hadn't seen this, then surely he would fall for Harrison's trick and die. He began to be scared of magic. He hadn't bargained for something of this nature. The dream Harrison sent to his brain earlier could have made him get killed by Raul Paul few days back if Henry and Ted hadn't stepped into the matter to help him out. He began to fear for his life.

The younger Ted asked to remain with Henry and Ted in CCUL until the next gyrus meeting day. He wanted to avoid Mrs Ross so that the cream wouldn't be passed on to him at all.
"Prevention is better than cure," he said.[/b]
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 1:51pm On Jul 09, 2014
[b]CHAPTER TWO
EMBARRASSED

Henry and the older Ted wanted to cast gyrus off their mind for a while. Ted suggested 'amnesia' but Henry thought going for a little bit of entertainment would do.
For the younger Ted, he was already getting famous in the CCUL. Many girls now wanted him for an inamorato after seeing him display kungfu skills on the kungfu court in the CCUL.
Cynthia also saw him display, but Pete called her to caution when she was staring too long at him.
The younger Ted had called Ted and Henry's attention to his new way of life but they didn't give him a bit of attention.

"I'm now a celebrity," he said but they laughed him to scorn.
"Maybe in Gyrus; gyrus soldier," they said.
"No, I mean here in CCUL," he said. "Meen, I'm just fifteen and tons of girls are already flocking around me. I think it's time to have a girlfriend."
"Girlfriend?" they pronounced as though it was an abomination.
"Since when do underage like you begin to have girlfriend," said Henry jokingly.
"Look at me," said Ted. "I'm eighteen yet no girlfriend at all. Henry just got hooked up with one recently, remember he's now eighteen as well."
The younger Ted was embarrassed a bit.
"What are you guys saying? I mean is it too early for me to have one?"
"Exactly Ted," said the older Ted as he came behind him and rubbed his back with his palm. "Wait until you're eighteen and then you'd be matured to cope with girls."
"Sounds strange," the younger Ted divulged his mind. "How could you ask me to wait until three more years? When I was nine I wrote a love letter to a girl I loved so much. She was two years older than me; my aunt saw the letter and advised me to wait till three years more before I begin to make love. Three years later, then I was twelve, I fell in love with another girl, just two years older, then I approached her, but she asked me to get matured first. She asked me to see her in the next three years."
"It's three years already, have you seen her?" Henry and Ted wanted to know.
"Yes I did."
"And what's the response?" they asked eagerly.
"She's engaged," he replied.
Henry and Ted fell off in laughter. He was becoming angry. They saw him flex his muscles.
"Sincerely Ted, you've got to wait three years more...else..." Henry said. He wanted to walk in Professor Wilson's 'else' principle.
'Else what?" asked the younger Ted.
The older Ted spoke:
"Else you'll be totally embarrassed at the end."
Henry observed the way Ted spoke. He sounded genuine. Henry had known the older Ted for his perceptive strength, and to him he's a genius of perception.
Even Professor Wilson didn't know the true making of the gyrus toilets walls. They had all taken them for gold, being carried away with their glitters. If Ted hadn't carried out an experiment on the little fragment of the walls, perhaps Henry would have also fallen for the 'fallacy of sight' that they were gold. When they carried out a test for gold on it in the gyrus laboratory, they got a positive response-gold. But Ted suggested further that they went with the fragment to earth to test it.
Shockingly, when they did it in the CCUL chemistry laboratory, they discovered it was nothing near gold. As a matter of fact, it wasn't metallic at all, but mud.
Right from that time Henry had concretized the belief that Ted was in possession of a perceptive spirit.
The younger Ted wouldn't listen to Ted. He spoke to defend himself.
"I'll prove you wrong!" he yelled at him. "Give me three days and I shall be here with my girlfriend who shall be staying with me forever. You guys shall be jealous."
"Ha! Ha! Ha!" they laughed.
"Ted, I can perceive it that she's going to desert you the same day you bring him here," said Ted.
"How?" Ted asked.
"I don't know."
Henry joined the conversation:
"Ted, you'd better believe Ted. Haven't I told you how Ted predicted that Harrison would win powerful Kim in a fight and it happened? Did I not tell you how Ted predicted that we would be friends and it happened? Did I not also tell you of the gyrus toilet fragment we tested and we discovered they were nothing but mud made to appear golden by...?"
"Ssh!" the younger Ted kept him quiet. "Did you say you tested a gyrus toilet wall fragment? I was there with you in the laboratory three days back and I don't seem to believe all the rubbish you guys are doing over there. You guys made me laugh when you said that a certain carbondioxide turned lime water milky," he was laughing.[/b]
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 1:52pm On Jul 09, 2014
[b]Story Continuation

"It's the fact dude," said Henry. "Carbon(IV) oxide, when passed through lime water, turns it milky."
The younger Ted guffawed in disbelief and said, "I blew air from my mouth into lime water few years back, disappointingly it didn't turn to milk. Scientists are liars. Why haven't they devised a mean of recycling the air we breathe out to manufacture milk in large quantity. They shouldn't rely on our cows anymore. Rubbish!!"
Henry and Ted just stared at him in amazement. They were already bored.
"So...Ted, go bring you girlfriend," Henry said, changing the topic.
"Not immediately," Ted waved a finger. "They're so many now wanting to have my attention. I'll bring one over here."

The CCUL talent display was on. Students from high schools and colleges were around to show what they've got. The younger Ted also worked his way in, displaying his kungfu skills.
Henry and Ted wanted to take their minds off magic for a while, therefore they would be settling for recreations. This one just came in time.

Henry and Ted sat at a corner where empty seats abounded, but in a matter of seconds it was filled up with ladies. Henry understood-the girls were there to catch his attention. They had never given Henry a breathing space.

Susie soon showed up. She took her seat between Henry and Ted.

"Hey guys," she greeted them. "Ain't you any talent you could display?"

"Why?" Henry replied. "We've got nothing."
Susie laughed.

"Your clownish acts would do to win awards here," she said jokingly. "Maybe if you guys could reproduce that funny fight you fought few weeks back, it would help you get awards here."

"Awards? I have them aplenty. Both in gyrus and on earth..."

"Gyrus?" Susie was amazed. "Where the hell are you talking about? What is gyrus?"

The older Ted knew they were in for trouble. He wanted to help Henry out.

"Gyrus is..." Henry had interrupted.
'...the imagination of the mind," Henry lied.

"So...you won awards in your imaginations too?"

"Exactly," Henry smiled. "How can you win awards in the reality without first winning it in the imagination?"

Susie smiled at Henry's speech. Down in her mind she felt lucky having a lexical genius as a boyfriend. She patted Henry at the back.
The older Ted called their attention to the stage where the younger Ted was performing. His Kungfu kicks seemed fast and everyone hailed him.

"Is this not the boy I saw standing on you guys few days back?" A grotesque grew on her face.

"Uhm...exactly!" Henry replied. "Do you have anything against him?"

"Not really," Susie answered. "This guy has been monitoring me ever since I gave you the snapshot. He had once come asking for the photograph."

Susie had just reminded Henry of the photograph.

"Susie why did you have to show Doctor Mrs Walter the photograph? She was asking me to see a psychiatrist?"

"Ow! I--I'm sorry Henry. You pushed me into it."

The older Ted drew Henry's attention to a band of singers on stage. They came from Henry's alma mata.

"Look at that lead singer; doesn't she look familiar?" Ted said. Henry fixed his gaze at her and to his amazement it was his sister, Kate.
Kate was the lead singer. She had Belinda and Naomi and three other girls with her. Henry was jealous. If he had been aware on time that they were Kate's music band, he wouldn't have dangled his head to the music the way he had been doing ever since the music began. The hatred for his sister hadn't died down.

Many were howling at the interesting music. Ted wondered how Henry could suddenly go lugubrious at the sight of the familiar face dazzling before them. If Ted had known who she was then he would easily know the reason for Henry's sudden change of attitude.
Susie was just as confused as Ted himself. She had to rush after Henry who was already leaving the hall. She thought Henry was angry at her for giving the picture to Doctor Mrs Walter.

Ted remained behind. He wanted to know the real cause of Henry's sudden sad facade. He fastened his eyes on Kate and then he was able to recollect her person.

"Yes! She's Henry's sister. I saw her in Kent Robins' TV few months back!"

That was the mystery. Kate's presence, perhaps the awareness of Kate's presence was just like the epitome of air pollution in Henry's perspective. He hated her than the obnoxious fart from a terrible farter, yet no one, not even Henry himself, could explain the origin of their vendetta.

Susie pleaded for her misdeed but Henry confessed that she hadn't offended him. Susie disbelieved. She followed him to his apartment to get explanations, but Henry wanted to keep it secret.

"Susie, please don't get on my nerves," Henry said. He didn't realize that he was shouting. "I'm just suddenly bored of the display in there, that's why."

"Bored? I don't think so,"she argued. "How can you be bored of the sonorous voices oozing out upstage? There must be something you..."

"Enough!" Henry screamed at her. He couldn't stand the sight of his girlfriend praising his 'girl-enemy'. He wished he could whip her off the stage.

Susie sulked. Henry noticed it and drew close.
"I'm sorry for shouting at you that way," he said soberly, having his right arm around her neck. She smiled.[/b]
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 1:55pm On Jul 09, 2014
[b]Story Continuation

The activities in the recreation hall ended around 9pm. The younger Ted won an award. Kate's band won an award too. She was about leaving for the hotel just a stone throw from CCUL when the younger Ted began to come close to her. She noticed this and halted.
Ted had a dozen of girls around him who needed his attention but he wasn't ready for any of them. Kate's voice had captivated his attention. She seemed to him like the fulfilment to his life-long dream.

"Hey!" he called at Kate. She was already waiting for him.

"Hi," she was grinning. "It was beyond her imagination that he could come for him.
Kate had a pair of white stilettoes beneath her legs. She wore a velvety smooth cerise top and a short skirt which was a bit below her knees. A kerchief hung loosely down her neck. She feigned a smile when Ted was close to her.

"I'm Ted--," he said.

"Kate's my name," she replied.

"You've got a beautiful name," said Ted.

"And you too--Ted's sweet," Kate responded politely.

"You guys sang wonderfully today," Ted said.

"What's the name of your band?"

"The Lioness," said Kate. "Anything?"

"Nothing serious actually. I'm just thinking maybe I could join you guys...you know sing bass--" he paused deliberately.

Kate laughed.

"Our band is for female only...lioness we call it. Can you sing? Definitely no, cos fighting is all you care for."

"Uhm, not really. Maybe you guys could train me up. Actually I want a close relationship with you, Kate. I mean could we be friends?"

"A close relationship?" Kate said slowly. She just hung her head in thought. Ted stood still to await her response. She sighed and replied, "Maybe we'll talk that over later. My band mates would be expecting me in the hotel right away."

Kate began to hurry away. The younger Ted doubled his pace and caught up with her.

"Kate, I don't even know where you are? Won't you let me have your contact? At least you've gotta give--"

"Don't worry young man, let's meet tomorrow morning, 8am in the cafetaria up there, HOT MEAL CAFETARIA. I've got to hurry. I'm late."

"Are you promising me?"

"Sure," she replied with a smile.

"Okay, thanks."

"Goodbye Ted," she said, waving her right hand.

"Goodbye Kate," he responded.

Ted stood on the spot.

"Yes!" he banged his right fist on his left palm triumphantly. "So close!" He was going to prove Henry and Ted wrong.

Kate joined her friends in the hotel where they lodged. They celebrated the big win. Kate was exceptionally happy because of Ted's approach. He had wished all the while that a good fellow of the opposite gender ask him out. Now it seemed Ted was asking for it.

Kate had only been lucky in the game of love, when Edward came her way while she was thirteen. Edward was three years older. Kate thought Edward was serious about her, but the boy was only pretending.

Edward would extort money from Kate in the name of helping her procure medication for the pimples settled on her face. Kate got to know the truth of the matter when Edward told his friend Cyrus about it, not knowing he was Belinda's boyfriend.

Kate almost wept her eyes out when he became aware that Edward had a hand in the powdery charcoal made by Cypher and sold to her at exorbitant price.

The Lioness band were going to have an allnighter to celebrate their achievement. They ranted all through. However, they brought the party to a halt when they discovered Kate was staying in isolation. They approached her to ask why and she told them.

"I fell in love," she said.

"With who?" Naomi asked.

"Ted, that guy who won the Kungfu skill display."

Silence prevailed a while. The girls beamed their inquisitive faces at Kate as they waited for him to speak.

"That guy is handsome..." she was interrupted.
"We ain't blind cos we saw him ourselves,"

Jane badged in. "Is this why you wanna ruin our party tonight?"

Kate ignored her.

"You should see how many girls were flocking after him to have his attention. He just shunned everyone of them to approach me."

"Then you're damn lucky Kate," said Belinda.

"Sincerely Kate, I'll advise you grab him at once. You know what? Your case isn't going to be like Belinda's who was abandoned by Cyrus when they were both attacked. Your own lover's sure going to protect you with his kungfu," Naomi said.
"Shut up!" Belinda screamed at her in anger.

"How dare you dabble into my affair this way? Are you crazy?"

Belinda rose and made for the door. Naomi had to rush to her to say she was sorry, but Belinda wasn't ready to listen to her pleas. Jane came close to Kate and whispered, "You've just crashed our party, turned two friends to enemies all in the name of love."

"It isn't my fault," Kate replied.

"Ha! ha! ha!" she laughed. "Let's see if this love of yours is worth it, lover girl." She walked out.
Kate didn't consider Jane's speech at all. She had known her to be pugnacious right from time. Were it not for Belinda, she wouldn't have had anything doing with her.
Jane was the type who hated any talk about the opoosite gender. She was rude in her speeches towards them. She never wanted to have anything doing with them. Jane was a recluse, always wanting to be alone. Belinda got to know her four years back when she was sitting lonely under a tree, singing. Belinda was just watching out for members to make the Lioness band by then. They were only two in it--Kate and herself.

Belinda asked Jane to join the music band but she lambasted her and refused. Six months later she came humbly to Belinda to ask if she could lend her a certain amount of money. Belinda then made her sign that she would be a member of the Lioness band.
Kate could not just help thinking about Ted. She wished she had stayed back with Ted in the CCUL. Now the night was going to be too long for her. Along her line of thought she remembered Henry.

"That jealous fool saw me dazzling and left the hall at my sight. He said I wouldn't get any boy to love me forever because my pimples would remain forever. Now my pimples are gone and a lover is here. Henry is a liar."

Ted was just full of smiles. He wished it would dawn on time, as if keeping awake would make it dawn faster. He had stayed over in Henry's room, yet without saying anything concerning her. He wanted to make it a surprise for them.

At sunrise Kate took a warm bath. She was getting ready to meet Ted. Ted, on the other hand, was already at the rendezvous as early as 7pm. Kate would have been there by 7pm too, but Belinda advised her otherwise.

"She'll see you as cheap if you go there before time. Go there thirty minutes late instead."
Kate couldn't bear the pain of waiting almost two hours more. She was antsy all through. It was as though the two hours were two days long.

Ted checked his time. It was 8:21 am already and Kate wasn't around. He began to doubt if she would show up. He shut his eyes and imagined seeing her close by. When he opened them again he found miracle: Kate was sitting next to her.

"Hey, Kate!" he exclaimed.

"Ted!" she responded.

"I was almost giving up; thought you wouldn't show up."

"I surely would. So, Ted, you arranged this meeting. Em, eh, let's get started."

Ted could not help it. He just kept smiling at her. He didn't know how to start.

"You're beautiful, Kate," he said.

"Can you say that again?" Kate said. When Ted repeated it, she picked her bag and said goodbye. Ted had to rise on his feet to stop her from leaving.

"Please Kate, just--just sit down, please. I don't mean to offend you."

Kate listened. She hadn't really meant to leave; she was only following Belinda's instruction.

"Ted, did you arrange this meeting only to flatter me? I mean how could you just--just come over here this early just to say I'm beautiful?"

"I'm sorry Kate, but that's what you are, really."
"Well...if you say so," Kate shrugged.

"Kate, as I said earlier, I just need a close relationship with you."

"You've said that before," she said.

"Em...eh, what do you think?"

"Well...there's no problem with that. Anything else?" she pretended as though she was losing time. She stared into her wristwatch. "Ted, please make it snappy. I'm leaving Los Angeles with my band by 10am."

"So quick?" he said. "Thought you guys would wanna have fun here till next week. You know, Los Angeles would be a perfect place for that."

"Why Los Angeles? You people here love to hype this place so much and that's what makes me sick of being here."

The younger Ted could still not believe his eyes. Kate would sure make a perfect match. In the course of there discourse she had told him her age. She was just fifteen as well. Ted wanted to caress the strand of hair jutting down her forehead but she refrained.
They helped themselves to a delicious breakfast. When Kate was about to leave, Ted asked if she could go with him to see his friends.

"I would have loved to do that," Kate said, "But we've gotta leave Los Angeles by 10am. My friends would not condone disappointment, else they'll leave me here."

"Maybe we should go see them first," Ted said. "I'll ask them to wait till 12pm."

"Good idea, but I don't think they'll want to stay up till 12 noon. Anyway, let's go meet them first."

The younger Ted held her by the wrist, this time she didn't refrain. As they walked down the road they chattered exuberantly.

Ted was given a warm welcome by Kate's friend; only Jane gave him cold shoulder. She just walked away from the rest of them.

"Never mind her, Ted. She is autistic," Belinda said.

When Ted asked if Kate could hang around with him till 12pm, they objected to it.

"Not possible dear," Belinda said. "We just have to leave this place in the next thirty minutes."

Kate wished she could stay behind for the sake of love, but no, the Lioness always wanted their rules upheld. Ted's heart burned within him. It seemed Belinda perceived it. To their utmost shock, she said, "Well...Kate, I'd be suggesting you wait behind with him while we leave. Maybe you can come join us tomorrow. It's a matter of choice anyway."

"That's cool," Naomi supported. The other two girls nodded in approval. If Jane was here she wouldn't concur.

Kate couldn't believe her ears.

"Are you guys serious about this?" she asked, wanting to be sure that it wasn't a joke.

"Yeah," Belinda said. "Provided you'll sponsor your trip back home yourself."

"But I don't have a dime!"

"I'll pay for you," Ted responded rashly. Himself had only been relying on Henry and Ted for the past few days. He had no cash of his own.

Kate hugged the girls one after the other. Jane was sitting on a felled stump of tree close by. Even if she was with the girls, Kate wouldn't still have dared to give her a hug; else she would go berserk.
"Bye," Kate waved at them and began to depart with Ted.[/b]
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 1:59pm On Jul 09, 2014
[b]Dedicated to Affable and those who are reading it AS E DEY HOT grin

"It worked just perfectly, Kate," Ted said. He was just too elated.

"Yeah, Ted, where's next?"

"I'd be suggesting you let me show you around. CCUL is a beautiful place to be," Ted said.

"What about your friends? When are we meeting them?"

"Maybe later in the day, after lunch," he said. "I'm sure they'd be in their lecture halls at the moment."

Henry was surprised when he woke up and didn't see the younger Ted.

"Wow! I'm already late for lecture. Where's Ted?" He had already asked the younger Ted to wake him up by 7am so that he could get prepared for Doctor Mrs Walter's 9am lecture. Now it was 10am, meaning he was already late for the dual period lecture. He was sure of another visit to her office, something she had ever been avoiding like plague.

Henry rushed into the bathroom, took his bath in a jiff and rushed out half-dressed. He hadn't buttoned up properly.

"S*hit!" he yelled when he discovered he had worn his shoes on the wrong legs. As he fiddled to fasten a button it was ripped off. Henry rushed to his wardrobe and came out with a blue shirt. It was crinkled. He had no choice than to put it on that way since the only one he had ironed just lost a button.

"I must punish Ted for this," he spoke out his mind.

Henry bolted the door hastily and rushed to the corridor. In a jiff he was standing at the bus station, waving at the cabs. A blue cab halted before him.
Henry settled in the cab. He was seated between two girls. Hardly had he sat when the girl to his right intentionally nudged him. As he turned to see what was happening, he got a nudge from the other girl. He was confused.

"What's wrong girls?" he voiced out.

"Henry White!" they chuckled his name.

Henry frowned.

"I don't know you gals," he said.

"But we know you, braniac," she said.

"So...what do you want from me?" he asked.

"Your help," said the first nudger.

"My help?" Henry was in doubt.

"Yeah, genius," the other girl said.

"But I don't know you," Henry said.

"I'm Genevieve, she's Cassy, second year students in the physics department."

"So...what's my help you'll need?" Henry went straight to the point. Genevieve scratched her eye brow with her index finger briefly and smiled.

"Thermodynamics," Cassy said. "Having problems with it. Don't know if you could spare a bit of your time to expatiate on it."

Henry didn't want to get himself committed to anything, especially with the opposite genders. He had preempted the aftermath: a girl and a boy enlightening each other; lovemaking would be the endpoint, he thought. Henry thought Susie was enough for her. Even his love for Cynthia was fast fading already, but he wasn't going to give up on her; not until Pete had lost her to him. He was sure going to teach Pete a lesson.

"Ain't you going to help, Henry?" said Genevieve.

"Yeah, I'll be too busy," said Henry. "I've gotta study hard for my forthcoming exams."

The girls burst into laughter. Henry wondered why they were laughing.

"What's the laughter about?" he asked. His question only ignited the guffaw. They squeezed him in the middle involuntarily.

"Enough!" Henry squeezed his face. They kept silent.
Genevieve broke it.

"Henry, I thought you said you only study few hours at a time very close to your exams. Why're you contradicting yourself here?"

"Who told you that?" Henry stared at them in amazement.

"Do you care?" Cassy said. "And in your own words you hate liars; why are you lying here right now?"

A pile of wrinkles lined his forehead. He couldn't stomach their insults anymore. He asked for breathing space and they gave it to him.
When Henry raised his head he was already close to his stopping point. The hand he tucked into his pants came out empty. Henry was shocked. He knew he had some dollars in its pockets the day before. Henry speculated that the younger Ted had taken it. Now he knew he wouldn't have any acceptable excuse to tender before the driver who had just pulled up at the bus terminal.

Cassy and Genevieve sensed that Henry was in trouble when they saw the grotesque on his face.

"Dough," the driver demanded.

"I--I, er..." Henry stammered. He was the only one left.

"Is anything the matter?" Cassy asked.

"Not really," he smiled. He didn't know how to ask them to help him out since himself had denied them of academic help earlier.

"Dude, give me my dough and lemme gerrout of here!" the taxi driver was angry. He hadn't even parked properly. A car was honking behind him.

"You lost your money?" Genevieve asked, bending. She was six feet tall. Henry nodded like a kid. He had no choice.

Genevieve asked Cassy to help him out. Cassy tucked two fingers into her change purse and picked a note.

"Keep the change," Genevieve told the driver. He zoomed off without thanking them.

"T--thank y-you," Henry stuttered, abashed.

"Don't bother," said Cassy.

As Henry turned heel to leave, they asked if he had changed his mind about helping them out in the thermodynamics.

"Okay," Henry said lowly. "I'll help."

" Thanks a lot!" they were glad.

Henry was frustrated. As he walked away from them, he screamed, "Ted, you're a dead man!"[/b]
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 2:00pm On Jul 09, 2014
[b]story continuation....

Kate and Ted were just having fun all around. What Ted had with him would suffice to cater for all their expenses. Kate had never been that glad. She wished she could stay with Ted forever.
In the same vein, Ted seemed to have discovered the sugar in his tea. Kate, to her, was just the perfect type of girl he wanted. If only Kate had told him she had a brother in the school, perhaps Ted would have forestalled the looming catastrophe. If Henry discovered that all his lost monies were spent on his sister, he was sure not going to forgive the younger Ted forever.

When Henry got to the lecture theatre, he discovered that Doctor Mrs Walter had left. She only had a single lecture period instead of double, contrary to what Henry had thought. If Henry knew it would be so, he wouldn't have showed up at all. Now he was sure going to have Cassy and Genevieve on his neck. Everything that happened was all pointing back to the younger Ted. If he had woken him up on time, he wouldn't have had encounter with the two girls.

Henry now knew the money in his safe wasn't safe as he had once thought. With the younger Ted nothing was safe. If he could cart away with everything he had in his pants, nothing would stop him from going further to the safe.

Susie knew something was wrong even while she was distances away from him. Henry smiled as they approached each other.
"Henry, what's the matter?" Susie asked. She didn't bother asking Henry the reason why he missed the lecture since she already knew him as a truant.
"Nothing," he said.
"How about the wrinkles on your face?"
"When?" Henry asked. He had forgotten who he was dealing with.
"When you were there," Susie was pointing.
Henry laughed it off. He knew she saw those wrinkles. However, he wouldn't want to present boys' affairs before any girl. To make Susie happy Henry said, "I was worried I haven't seen you for a while. Then I smiled when I see you just now," Henry said and held her by the waist. Susie grinned.
"That reminds me, Henry, please can you do me a favour?"
"Name it. You know babe, I can do anything for you."
Susie smiled. Henry's response seemed like a solution to her unasked favour. What she would ask was beyond his ken. He didn't even have an inkling.
"Don't know if you could lend me 30 dollars."
Henry's jowl dropped. Susie had not really been demanding things from him. It was the first time. However, Ted had complained to Henry several times how she had borrowed from him without repaying. According to the older Ted, Susie had asked her to go collect them back from Henry.
Before now Henry had wondered why Susie hadn't come out clear to ask him for financial assistant anytime she needed. Why must she go behind me to ask Ted? Henry had thought several times. The older Ted had then concluded she was scared of bothering Henry so she wouldn't lose him. Ted's perception had an iota of truth in it, going by Henry's personality. He always wanted to live an easy life. If a girl would bother him too much, he'd rather call it a day with such when there were countless girls out there seeking his attention with their bodies and monies.
"Honestly, Susie, presently I have no dough on me..."
"So you ain't lending me," Susie interrupted softly.
"I should," said Henry. "Let's get to my place."

Since Henry was cashless, Susie had to pay the fare for two. Henry felt a bit abashed. What a gory day it was for him? He never fancied the idea of being helped financially by the opposite gender. Few hours back it was Cassy and Genevieve, now it was Susie, yet all the blames could be directed to the younger Ted.

The younger Ted had shown Kate around the CCUL. They were just having fun. Kate soon demanded a break. She asked Ted if they could go to his friend's place for siesta. Finally Ted agreed and they began to make for Henry's place.
The older Ted suddenly had a disturbing thought. He had suddenly found it abnormal that Henry could hate his sister. He felt he could speak to him and have the life-long rivalries between the siblings settled.
"I'll go talk to Henry about this," he said and began to make for Henry's place.
"What the hell?" Henry shrieked, bending over the safe. The safe was intact but the cash in it was missing. Henry didn't need to be told. He knew Ted was surely the thief. Though he didn't have a key to the safe, yet he got access into it.
To Henry the answer wasn't farfetched; Ted had only tapped into his magical skills.
"What is the matter?" Susie was amazed. She gazed at Henry, clueless.
"The cash I kept in my safe is gone!" Henry confessed.
"How possible, Henry?" Susie asked. She was a bit disappointed. She was as well doubting that Henry had anything in there before, because she did see him open the safe with a key.

"Ted," Henry said. " He must have done this!"
"Ted?" Susie fumed. " How? I mean does he have the key to the safe?"
"Y-yes...he must have stolen the key," Henry lied in order to make his claim a credible one.
"Alright then...I'd be leaving Henry." Tears had clogged her eyes, which could drop any moment. She must be needing the cash badly.
As Susie made for the door, it opened of its own accord. Somebody from outside had just pushed it in.
"Ted!" Susie screamed. She didn't wait to be told that she should swing into action. Immediately, she grabbed him by the collar and yelled, "Thief!"
Ted was speechless; he had no idea of what was happening.
"No!" Henry yelled. 'You have the wrong person. It's the younger Ted, not him!"
"Younger Ted? Who's that?" She left the older one alone and went sombre.
"The one whose photograph you took on us."
"Oh Jeez...! He's Ted too?" Susie was just knowing his name. She hadn't bothered to ask before. She turned to Ted and apologized.
"What's happening over here?" the older Ted voiced out. Henry explained the matter finnickily.
"So you mean to say that guy stole your money? Sincerely you ain't getting back a dime from him," Susie said.
"Why?" Henry asked concernedly.
"Cos he'd have splashed it all on his girlfriend."
"Girlfriend?" Henry and Ted screamed. It beat their imagination that the younger Ted now had a girlfriend.
"How d'you know this?" Henry asked further.
"Saw them together since day break; at the cafetaria; at the zoo; at the pool; at many other places."
Ted burst into laughter when he imagined how much of Henry's cash would be left.
"So...your safe is empty now, ha, ha, ha. There'll be no cash to brag about."
Henry sulked.
When Susie was leaving, Henry asked Ted to lend Susie the thirty dollars which he would pay back in two weeks. Luckily, Ted had thirty-five on him.
"You're paying sixty dollar back, Henry cos you have outstanding thirty to pay earlier," Ted said. Susie winked. Henry just ignored him; he was sure not going to pay any outstanding money since he wasn't aware of it before Ted borrowed her.
After Susie left, the older Ted revealed the reason why he came to Henry's place.
"Don't go there at all!" Henry screamed at him. "She's not my sister anymore; she ceased to be one when she made me go to jail last year!"
"Henry, you've gotta overlook that and forgive that poor girl. I mean I can't just imagine someone hating his sister so much--I mean are you under a hate spell? Who turned your back against each other this way?" Ted paused to flick a dirt off his face, "Imagine, she came all the way down here from her high school but all she got from you was a no-care attitude. Isn't she the only sibling you've got? Henry, just...please take a little time to reflect on the real cause of you guys' enmity and you'll surely find out there isn't actually a cause. Just those childish mentally that she is a rival...and--that's all!"
Henry suddenly went dull. The gravity of
Ted's speeches had sunk deep into his heart. He couldn't help feeling sorry for his past. His face was soon covered in tears. He hadn't emoted in this manner all his life. The tears were genuine this time around, unlike the 'crocodiley' one he shed before her the previous year.
"Ted how do you know she was here?" asked Henry softly after wiping the tears off his face.
"I wasn't so blind not to recognise the singer on Kent Robins TV few weeks back," Ted responded. "I mean she hadn't changed so much."

"I'll have my sister back. Let her be whoever, she's still my sis..." Henry couldn't help shedding tears. Ted joined him in it. He came close to Henry and they hugged.

They were jolted out of the hug by the sound they heard at the door.
"It must be Ted," Ted whispered to Henry as he rushed to the door and peeped through the keyhole. "It's him!" he said when he saw his clothes, being the common one he'd often put on.
They quickly had a plan. Ted would open the door for him while Henry would bang a bludgeon on his head. He was a thief and so must be treated as one.
The bludgeon was a bit above ten centimeter thick, made of wood, with a polished surface. It was sure going to hurt him; exactly what they wanted.
There was a knock at the door. The older Ted opened. The bludgeon went down on a head, a feminine head and the receiver went crashing down. Blackout!
All mouth went agape.
The younger Ted was highly puzzled.
"What's happening?" he screamed. If he had stepped in before his girlfriend, he would have been the one to get the blow.
Henry dropped the bludgeon and knelt over the dying girl on the floor whose face was hid by her long hairs. As he toppled her over he shrieked.
"Kate?"
He had just knocked down his sister! cheesy

***good day***[/b]
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 2:06pm On Jul 09, 2014
[b]

They were all speechless.
"Kate! Kate! Kate!" Henry shook her, yelling her name but she was gone...far gone into the sea of comatose.

Sally whistled as she ironed her husband's cloth. Gaby came around and caressed her nape. It was usual with Gaby, caressing her nape while she bent to iron his cloth. Sally herself would humbly leave her neck bowed like a puppy.
"Kate called," said Gabby.
"She called? When?" Sally was filled with excitement.
"This morning. She dialled my office number. She wouldn't be coming home today as well."
"Why?" Sally felt a bit nervous. "Is she trying to hide her award from us? She should have been home since yesterday for God's sake."
"She said her music band would stay back in CCUL today as well. They would have a rehearsal there before coming today."
"Gaby, are you sure Kate isn't telling a lie?"
"Don't know, Sally. Let's just take her by her words, that's all."
"Did she tell you if she met Henry over there?"
"I would rather not ask," Gaby said with a squinted face. "Kate, which I know so much, wouldn't go near Henry's den."
Sally put her husband's words in mind and it bothered her much. How on earth would blood siblings keep vendetta as priority?"
Sally suddenly cleared her throat and said, "Gaby, I think it's time to call this children together again and speak sense into there heads. I mean--em, it's getting out of hand."
"Yes, sweetie. I couldn't help it too. All through the night I couldn't sleep. I've asked Kate to make sure she visited Henry but she said she wouldn't."
"I called Henry too," Sally came in, "Asked if she was aware Kate was in the school, he said he knew but it wasn't his business."
Sally howled suddenly. She had just burnt her husband's silk cloth he was waiting to wear to his work place.
"What's it?" Gaby asked. Sally didn't say a word. She just raised the pressing iron well above the cloth. When Gaby saw it, he held his head and yelled, "Jeez!"
"Darling I'm--I'm so sorry," Sally was sober. Gaby looked into her eyeballs. She didn't know why he was looking at her that way. However, Gaby's face was impervious. It was just too difficult for her to get to know what her husband was thinking.
Gaby drew close to her and raised his arms. Sally was left clueless. Gaby slowly landed those raised hands on her cheeks, but gently, as if in a slow motion. Sally smiled as she felt the coldness of those palms making contact with her cheeks.
"Sally, you're beautiful," Gaby said.
"You can say that again," Sally smirked. They kept silent and peered passionately into each other's eyes. The space between their foreheads began to reduce. They were closing in on each other gradually...an inch close, half an inch close, a quarter of an inch close...
Gaby's lips protruded, Sally's lips responded by protruding too; here it seemed unlike charges was attracting each other. Just when the tips of her lips touched his, Mr. Gaby's phone beeped.
Mr. Gaby grabbed it fast. A feminine voiced sieved into his eardrum. Gaby put it on loudspeaker so his wife could here.
"Am I on to Mr. or Mrs. Gaby?"
"Yeah, who are you?" Gaby asked immediately.
"Well...you may not need that at the moment. Just to let you know your daughter was involved in an accident and lost her..." There was a pause. The speaker just ceased speaking?
"Lost her what?" Gaby and Sally screamed both at once.
The incomplete speech of the anonymous caller left Sally gasping for breath. She was at the verge of collapsing: her insinuations were too much for her to stand: what did Kate lose? Her memory, her senses or her life? If it was any of the first two, then there is still remedy, but if it was the third, Kate would then be no more Kate to her.
Gaby hadn't stopped dialling. Fortunately it went through. Sally was holding tight to her husband. This time Gaby didn't put it on loud speaker. He feared his wife's reaction to whatever news that would soon strike her eardrums. It would augur well that it should get to her euphemistically diluted by him than to get to her directly in the concentrated form.

1 Like
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Jammy2012(m): 8:38am On Feb 04
i've been a silent reader,how i wish i was also a writer like you. i doff my hat cool
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Sammy Hoe: 10:47am On Feb 04
Gaby breathed a sigh of relief when the news eventually came.
"What did she say?" Sally asked.
"Kate is alive," said Gaby to ease off her tension at first. "She lost her consciousness after the accident."
"Where's she right now?" Sally asked. Gaby told her.
The couple rushed their way out of the house. Gaby just dressed up shabbily; not even taking note of what he wore. Sally didn't also have the time to help him dress as it used to be.

Henry hadn't spoken to the younger Ted since the incident took place. Just when he was beginning to like his sister, he just spewed it all. The younger Ted didn't give a damn about Henry as well. All he needed was his girlfriend.
Will she ever forgive me? Ted thought. It was indeed a dramatic turn-around; who knew Kate would be lying at the sick bay so soon?
Henry's parent got to the CCUL medical center. Henry was around too. Somehow he managed to get into her ward. He was still staring at her in pity when Sally and Gaby rushed in.
"Henry! So you are here!" they screamed.
Soberly, Henry replied, "Why would not I be here when all was my fault."
"What d'you mean?" Gaby said.
"Are you the guy who knocked her down?" Henry nodded.
"Why, Henry, why?" his parents shed tears.
"It wasn't intentional," said Henry in tears. He had to tell them all that happened.
"You see, Henry, have we not warned you several times not to keep company of bad friends?" Gaby said.
Henry was touched in the heart. He just shed tears on the spot.
"Henry, what's the dudes name; the thief who stole your money?"
"Ted, Ted Manuel," he said.
"Little wonder he behaved that way. His name speaks for him--" Gaby paused. He resumed after keeping a stubborn saliva away from mingling with his speech: "And the name of the other chap who advised you to love your sister?"
"He's Ted Manuel," Henry said after hesitating a bit. Henry looked at his parents' faces to see their reactions. He wondered what his father would say this time around. Gaby didn't take note of the sameness in the names his son mentioned. He just went straight to say, "I love that name; a very good name indeed. Please hold on to him as friend; he's good, just like his name."
Sally poked him and said, "Gaby you are double-tongued. They are both Ted Manuel. Henry am I right?" Henry nodded in the affirmative.
Gaby said, " So...for Chrissake they're namesakes! Listen Henry, too much of Ted Manuel will definitely bring confusion to your life. Stick only to that one who advised you and call it an eternity with the other, that devil."
Henry nodded.
Gaby and Sally crouched before Kate's bed and fondled her hair. Kate just remained their motionless. Sally wet her long hair with the well of tears in her eyes.
"Kate, wake up, wake up...mum and dad are here." She was sobbing. A nurse came in she was there to usher them out.
"Please Mr. and Mrs. White, give her a little more time. She'll soon come alive."
"How soon? How soon will she come alive?" Sally wept paasionately for her daughter. Gaby put a arm on her back as they turned away from her.
Henry was behind them. He lingered in there, staring at Kate. The last glimpse of her face he took a while ago was shocking to him. The pimples on her face weren't there anymore; not even those scars remained behind. Her face was just as fresh as Dolly Atkinson's.
Henry rushed to her bed again and held her by the wrist, lifted her right hand to kiss the back of her palm, but then something happened; life suddenly came into the hand and hit Henry hard on his forehead.
"Are you crazy!" Kate yelled at him with all the strength she could muster. She felt the pain soon after.
"Daddy! mummy! Kate is back!" Henry yelled. Mr and Mrs. White wouldn't have needed Henry's shout to know that Kate was alive, since they weren't deaf not to hear her voice while she was shouting at Henry.
"Kate," Sally whispered, then her eyes paved way for tears to drop. The first drop came down on her forehead, just at the edge of the bandage wrapped on it.
"Mum," Kate sobbed. Her dad came close. "Dad," she called softly. Sally gave her a peck on the forehead. When she was done Gaby did the same. Henry was coming close. He was sobbing too.
"Don't come near me, you fool!" Kate cried at him, then in the next minute she had to face the consequence of her scream; she was coughing terribly. In the past Henry would have wished to see her lungs coughed out, but now he was saying sorry to her.
Kate counted all his actions as mere cants. The ones he displayed the year before, to her, were far more capable of pulling the wool on her face, yet she managed to remain unswayed. This time around she wouldn't even fall a bit for his tricks.
Kate knew it was Henry who banged the bludgeon on her head because she saw her just a split second before she was concussed. She thought it was a setup which the younger Ted was a party to.
Kate was pointing at Henry vindictively. Her parents knew what she wanted to say.
"Kate, we understand it all. Just rest until you're okay and everything shall soon be settled," Gaby said.
Gaby's cellular rang suddenly. He picked it hastily to answer the call. He widened his eyes as though he was shocked.
"Ah! I'm doomed. Sally I've got to leave immediately, it's my employer." Gaby hastily rushed out of the room to answer the clarion call of his employer. He was already late for work.[/b]

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (28) (Reply)

A Must Read-letter From Abraham Lincoln To His Son’s Teacher / Love Don't Cost A Thing. / My Village Prince And I

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 331
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.