Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,540 members, 7,827,013 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:14 AM

Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story - Literature (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story (32558 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 12:20am On Jul 04, 2014
Midnite Meal!!!

[b] CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR
TIME TO SETTLE THE SCORE
“Hooray! Ted I found it,” Henry yelled suddenly as he pointed to something on the book before him.
“What’s that?” Ted asked curiously as he bent over the table to see it for himself too.
Anyone who had seen the twosome would have felt that the boys were engulfed in the studying of their academic books, but as a matter of fact, the book before them was the ‘book of power’ Henry had purported it to be.
“How to stop another magician from spying at you secretly?” the two read out loud, concurrently.
“Wait a minute Ted—it means we’ve discovered three secrets just today only.”
“Yeah,” Ted agreed, “I guess that in a year we’d have known at least a thousand and ninety-five secrets, all things being equal.”
“Yeah, Ted we’ve discovered how to pronounce amnesia on opponent in a fight; how to spy secretly at some other magicians and how to prevent other magicians from spying at you.”
“It’s true. I’m just too glad that before the end of a year we’d have mastered this book.”
“You’re only wishing or you’re sure—” Henry said with a smile, “because many of them are complex and incomprehensible over here,” Henry leafed through the pages of the book in order to show him an example.
“I know Henry, which was why I said all things being equal.”
“Ceteris paribus,” said Henry and smiled, but Ted replied, “For all I care, what I said was other things being equal, not that shit you just uttered now.”
Henry laughed silently and whispered, “Ignoramus.”
The two avid readers kept on perusing the book as if they were not going to let go of it that day until they’ve read it through, but boredom soon set in when all they were reading were no more making senses to them. Some whole words would appear broken apart to them, just as the name written at the back of the book had appeared to Henry long ago, before they fused together again of recent.
“Hey Henry, maybe three discoveries per day should be enough. This book’s no more co-operating,” Ted yawned out his opinion.
“You’re right Ted. According to what you’ve just said, in a year we should have discovered a thousand and ninety-five secrets,” Henry paused to look at Ted’s face, then he added hilariously, “if only Ceteris Paribus.” Henry’s word elicited a scornful but innocuous look from Ted, who gave Henry a quick nudge.
“Anyhow—” Ted said in exasperation, “for now all I’m suggesting is, let’s leave this damn book alone and get to the Professor to apologize for our misdeeds of yesterday, at least we’ve shielded Harrison from spying at us already by one of those secrets discovered in here,” Ted pointed to Henry’s book. Henry was silent as he heard Ted say that. Henry could not envisage the intensity of what the man’s response would be. He was scared.
“C’mon Henry, let’s go do that right away before the dean starts to take actions,” warned Ted and Henry’s heart lurched in fret.
“I’m not sure he’ll forgive us,” Henry replied silently and slowly, wearing a somber mood, but Ted assured, “Never mind, the Prof’s lenient. He’ll sure accept our apology.” With Ted’s word, Henry’s condition was ameliorated as he allowed Ted pull him along to accomplish the task.
As usual with someone seeking clemency, the two boys trudged sluggishly to the man’s office, visibly shaking with fret. As soon as Professor Wilson’s secretary saw them, she was set into shuddering too. She stammered as she asked, “W-what d-do you w-want?”
Rachael was shocked when he perceived how slow the criminal of just yesterday were in responding. She could read fear in their eyes.
Slowly the boys replied, “We’ve c-come to apologize to the d-dean” wearing staid faces. Rachael mustered a little audaciousness as she said in a low tone, “He’ll never like to see your faces anymore.”
The boys were silent for a while until Ted said in an apologetic manner, “Madam, we’re sorry—very sorry for the way we rough-handled you yesterday.”
“What really came on you then?” Rachael wanted to know with her rhetorical question, but she did not linger on it as she said almost at once, “You guys just bumped in and gave me such a shocking experience, uh.”
The two criminals kept mute as they stared at the floor, which seemed lustrous and well cleaned. Rachael walked closer to them, now totally confident that the boys had penitently repented of their evil deeds of the day before.
“Were it not for the dean, I should have reported that case to the school authority, and you know what that means, isn’t it?” Her statement made the boys to put up their necks again as they scratched their scruffs in frustration. A surge of fear had just gripped the two of them.
“We’re very sorry ma’am,” Ted said and Henry added, “I promise it’ll never happen again—I promise.”
The woman gazed unemotionally at them for a while and said with a soft tone, “You can leave now.”
“Uh—” the boys exclaimed simultaneously. “Ain’t you going to allow us in—to apologize?” Henry completed.
“He’ll fire me,” Rachael said genuinely, “Listen boys, the dean has warned me not to allow you guys in anymore. Just leave before he discovers you’re here having some rapport with me. Just—leave—now,” Rachael emphasized.
Henry and Ted would not give up. They raised a suggestion:
“Madam, why not tell him we’ve come to apologize.”
“I’m sure he’ll let us in base on that,” Ted voiced out. Rachael smirked and said at last, “You’ve got to say that to him yourself—I’ll dial his number for you.” The man’s phone was ringing in some few seconds. He received the call almost immediately.
“Rachael, what’s it?” sounded out the voice of the dean from the earpiece. Rachael replied, stuttering slightly, “Hello sir, those two b-boys that came t-to your office yesterday to harass you, they’re here again to—”
“For what?” The dean barked at once, not patient enough to hear the end of her story, but Rachael resumed quickly too:
“To apologize.” Silence was the only thing that effused from the earpiece of Rachael’s phone after she had made the statement.
“Sir, are you still on the line?” Rachael had to ask in an apprehensive manner and a reply followed instantly:
“Are you sure of what you’re saying or it’s just a joke?”
“It’s not, they’ll speak with you themselves,” Rachael replied as quick as possible as she delivered the phone to Ted without waiting for the consent of her boss.
“Rach—” the dean wanted to call her name, but heard at once, “Sir, we’ve come to apologize for our foolishness of yesterday. We’re very sorry sir.” The boys had brought the mouthpiece too close to their mouths as if without doing that the dean wouldn’t hear them. The response they heard almost immediately was, “Come in—come and tell me the rest of your story over here”. In a flash they were with the curious man.
The boys wouldn’t sit down. They stood faces glancing ‘floorward’ and hands behind their backs, wearing some faces, which had sufficiently helped to express their penitence superficially enough for the dean to take note.
“We’re very sorry sir,” they managed to say silently but in trepidation. Seemed their apologies were accepted instantly when the man said, “Have your seats boys”. They obeyed him reluctantly. They returned to their state of unrest of mind when suddenly the dean’s countenance turned around dramatically again as he yelled, “What came on you yesterday? I’m beginning to suspect that you guys are running mental this days—since the time you fought in Gyrus and—scratched yourself out of my office. Are you guys normal at all?” The dean’s forehead had developed into wrinkles as he fixed his gaze sternly on them, expecting a reply.
“We’re normal sir—very normal,” replied Ted softly, but made sure that no eye contact was involved. Then Henry, not wanting to prolong the issue, added, “It’s Harrison who has been monitoring us. He sent his disciple to us to hurt us, but the boy assisted us instead.”
“What are you saying?” the man said, open-mouthed, and Henry at once realized that he shouldn’t have begun the story that way.
“How is this connected to the issue on ground,” asked the puzzled dean. It was Ted who bailed out the situation quickly, even before Henry would come up with a good expatiation.
“The scratches were brought about by Harrison. He does pour on us some itchy substances through his mirror.”
“Can’t still understand you guys for God’s sake.”
Henry stepped in this time saying, “Harrison’s got the ability to hurt other citizens through his mirror. Pouring those substances on his mirror back in his room was making our body itchy.”
“You don’t mean it!” the man exclaimed with a mixture of disbelief and shock. “No Gyrus member can spy at another, let alone hurt another through the mirror, ’cos the mirror was never meant for that. I mean Sergius never made it so—and Kent never upgraded it to such an extent.”
The boys gazed at each other’s faces briskly and smiled.
“But, Harrison can do just that,” Henry said.
“Okay—okay, just go on with your tales,” the dean spoke fast, not wanting to believe their assertions.
“Harrison later sent his disciple to deliver to us a powder which according to him was the cure for the itches,” said Ted.
“And you used it and were cured of it, isn’t it?” the man barged in keenly, being fed up with the boy’s seemingly equivocal explanations.
“No, we didn’t,” Henry spoke up, then Ted said, “The boy warned us that the powder was not meant for what Harrison had purported. It will only make us enemies to ourselves and to you if we apply the powder.”
Another confusion set the man’s forehead ruffled with wrinkles again.
“So—if you say you never used it how should you storm my office as you did yesterday?”
“Sir—it was only a trick,” they smiled.
“On me?”
“No—on Harrison; since he was watching we had to make him believe that we’d used the powder. By seeing us shouting on you that way, the fool would suppose we’ve used it.”
The dean stared at them, open-mouthed, yet not showing any visible emotion of either anger or disbelief. At last he spoke an afterthought:
“You guys are foolish!”
“How?” the boys asked, not able to comprehend his sudden boorish manner of approach.
“What has given you the assurance that Harrison’s not spying at you guys even this very moment? He must have heard all you’re saying and he’ll sure continue to pour the hell of a thing on you again.”
With the way the man spoke, it was obvious that he was scared too of the said itchy substances of Harrison. He hadn’t bought the idea of having it poured on himself too. His fear was intensified with the fact that if the boys’ claims were true, then Harrison must be such an invincible magician to have discovered how to spy on another citizen; something that was not found done in the Gyrus record books.
The man had not spent very long time in thoughts when the boys gave a pleasant response, “He can’t. We’ve already locked his mirror from spying secretly at us.
With unimaginable interest the man demanded quickly, “And how d’you do that?”
“We read it in a book,” they replied at once.
The dean released a short-lived smile and said at once, “You guys are geniuses.” Almost immediately, he added, “Let me see the book.”
“It’s in my room,” said Henry and silence came after. It seemed as if ‘an angel of silence’ had just made his way into the room, perhaps through any of the windows, since those were the only openings left alone for him to pass through—but the burglary should have hampered his entrance, or at least he should have burgled them before getting in. Yet, angels aren’t sneak- thieves, so it would be some kinds of mysteries if indeed such a supposed ‘angel of silence’ had indeed got into the room.
The boys broke the silence eventually:
“Sir, have you forgiven us?” they asked.
“Of course yes—since the moment you called me on phone in my Secretary’s office.” The boys were overjoyed. They kept silent to hear him say something more.
“And I now reason with you concerning the complaint you made here yesterday.” The boys stared at one another, having forgotten the complaint the dean was alluding to. They got to know it again when the man said, “I’ll now support you fully anytime you run into troubles again—especially in Gyrus. Was that not your demand?” Hearing it the boys said, “Thank you sir and hugged one another as a congratulatory gesture for what the man had just declared, but their hug was terminated when the dean said, “But you’ll not leave here without some retributions.”
It seemed to the duo as if the man was only trying at some jokes, but it never went the way it seemed, since the man was serious concerning what he’d just said. Henry and Ted made some prevenient frowns at the man, trying to conjecture what the dean’s sudden resolution would result in.
“You’ll sure not leave here—without a retribution,” the man repeated, now with a lower tone of voice.
“What’s the punishment sir?” they demanded quickly, anticipating a problem of gargantuan gravity. Their hearts knocked harder on their ribs as the man mentioned, “They are two of them.”
“Two!” the boys yelled as if the ‘one’ added to the single punishment they had imagined would make a whole lot of difference. They paid rapt attention as the dean made mention of them slowly and distinctly.
“One, I’m seizing that magic book of yours from you forever—and the second—the second—” the man paused to give his forehead several slow clicks with the tip of his right index finger. At last he stopped performing the clicks and remained silent still. The boys, being scared of his sudden silence, and not wanting a prolonged response, asked quickly, “What’s the second sir?”
“I’ll tell you that when the time comes. It’s going to be in form of an errand, but I don’t know the form the errand will take yet. All I know is, my inner magical spirit is communicating with me that it will sure come in form of an errand.”
“Okay,” the boys said calmly, though perturbed.
Though it would pain Henry for his greatly expensive book he was now going to lose forever, Henry managed to keep calm, thanking his stars under his breath that the man never demanded something bigger than that—like their lives.
“No problem dudes; just go fetch me the book at once.”
As the dean concluded, Henry and Ted slogged sluggishly out of the man’s office, dissatisfied.
[/b]

2 Likes

Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Canme4u(m): 5:48am On Jul 04, 2014
wink angry well done Oga.
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by jader: 7:53am On Jul 04, 2014
ghost mode deactivated. I must comment
guy nice work keep it up nd expecting more
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Bash92(m): 9:29am On Jul 04, 2014
Nice update.
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 10:55am On Jul 04, 2014
Canme4u: wink angry well done Oga.
jader: ghost mode deactivated. I must comment
guy nice work keep it up nd expecting more
Bash92: Nice update.

Thank you all wink
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jul 04, 2014
[b]

CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE
NEW TED VERSUS OLD RAUL

“Ladies and gentlemen, it’s time to fight the fight of naturalization again today. A new Ted Manuel of the Gyrus U.S is going to have a fight with Raul Paul of Gyrus Spain today.” Howls and chants followed after the announcement of the magistrate. It was just Ted’s fourth presence in Gyrus, and stunningly, he would be picking up a fight. Many had often thought such kind of action the younger Ted was now displaying as a kind of avarice—wanting to earn points and acquire another language just within less than two weeks of initiation.
It had baffled the citizens that such kinds of fight had been synonymous with Raul, who had never fought the experienced ones all his lives—only the green and new ones all the time. However, since it was not their concern that Raul was being challenged, they felt it unnecessary to poke their noses into such kind of issue.
However, a girl called Pia Khan, had walked up to Raul ones and had asked him how he was doing it.
“I ain’t doing anything,” lied Raul, “I don’t just know how those new people are always coming after me.” Pia Khan had left him alone, not a bit convinced of what Raul had attested to. She ardently believed that something was happening, which no one was suspecting.
Pia Khan went to the extent of consulting Harrison, having regarded him as a Mystery-Revealer, but Harrison never gave her an acceptable response. All Harrison replied was, “That’s Raul’s destiny, to acquire points by fighting the inexperienced—but you, by your poisonous cakes.”
Pia Khan had been notorious for the cakes that she often fed her contenders with while fighting with them. She never spared anyone.
Pia Khan’s search for the revelation of the mystery was not for the intent of reporting Raul’s deed to the magichood, but was solely to exploit such a secret too, to attract new ones to herself. If the rule of citizenry had not included the denial of experienced citizens the right to challenge the new ones to a fight, it was obvious that Khan would not have stopped at anything to pick up fights with them on daily basis. But the rule was this; No old citizen can challenge a new citizen (who had not spent up to six month) to a fight—either fight of naturalization or fight of position, but the vice-versa was permitted, which was, “A new citizen can challenge an old-timer (or another new citizen) to a fight at will.”
However, the fact remained that no new citizen would want to challenge an old one to a fight, but the reverse was the case with Raul’s frequent challengers. No one knew how Raul was making them take up fights with him, except Harrison, who was the brain behind the whole thing.
“If Ted Manuel wins today, he’ll be having twenty points instantly, but I’m quite sure this is such an impossible task.” As the man said that, Ted Manuel gazed at him, but his facial expression was stone-cold so his emotional feeling were unknown. He must have been scared on hearing what the magistrate had just uttered; that it was impossible for him to defeat Raul.
“But why?” must have been the question that had pervaded his mind then, because he would never see reason in the magistrate’s act of taking sides with his opponent, since they were both new into the system as Harrison had told him.
Perhaps, Ted’s got a different thought nobody would know.
“But if Raul carries the day as expected, he’ll be earning the ‘fresher’s point’.” As known to every citizen, the ‘fresher’s point’ was the point an old-timer would earn for defeating a newcomer. The numerical equivalence had always remained ‘five points’ since their wouldn’t be any inflation problem engulfing the ‘pointing system’ because points are not monetary, unlike the economic system in many under-developed countries, and sometimes some developing countries where the values of their currencies fall often, especially due to some political instabilities.
In the same vein, if a newcomer can overcome an old-timer, such would stand the chance of earning the ‘stallite’s points’ which was valued at ‘twenty-points’ since the inception of Gyrus meetings about four hundred years ago.
The younger Ted Manuel saw how everyone was nodding his or her head in pity. He must have guessed from the clues he had received from the magistrate that the pitiful nods were for him. If Ted had understood the ‘pointing system’, he must have understood that Raul was not a new citizen. Perhaps, Ted had realized this but would want to continue in the fight based on the assurance he had received from Harrison, and the dream he had dreamed in the bus that Raul was now powerless.
As they were set to begin the contest, the citizens watched continuously in silence. They believed that if Ted had got someone to advise him, he could have refrained himself from the idea of having a fight with such a pernicious boy, who had the ability of manufacturing dreams and also can become invisible at will, calling to mind the fight Raul had had with Suleiman, the black African boy, just some weeks ago.
“Fight!’ the magistrate shouted.
Harrison was looking straight ahead towards the podium, but when he looked towards his left, he became livid absolutely by what he saw. He had seen Cheung staring at the podium too, but visibly exhibiting some sorts of pity for the fighter who was of lesser experience—younger Ted Manuel.
“Hey, Cheung you’re spoiling my day,” Harrison yelled at him as he held Cheung’s neck and shook him in annoyance. Cheung had to plead for mercy before Harrison could let go of his neck.
“He’ll die soon,” commented Harrison about Ted, but saw Cheung put his face on his desk, not ready to watch the fight anymore.
“Grrrrrrrrrrrrr!” Harrison sounded in annoyance as he fixed his gaze at the mirror to catch a proper view of the motionless fighters on the podium.
“Fight!’ came the magistrate’s voice in tandem with that of Harrison, who had said that too, but silently, while on his seat.
The younger Ted nervously grumbled some words to himself, which everyone counted as words of frustration. He flexed his muscle as if he was going to practice some taekwondo on Raul. Raul grinned wickedly as he walked slowly towards Ted, who was not with a wand.
“Idiot!” Harrison muttered, “Kungfu is useless here.”
Not seeing the younger Ted with a wand made it seemed as if he was overconfident that he would win. When Raul came very close to him, Ted leapt forward with full force and landed a hard kick on Raul’s face. Raul fell helplessly to the floor with a thud. He sprang up quickly, face red with anger as he popped out his eyes, perhaps to do something to Ted. Amazingly, nothing happened.
Raul was still thinking of picking up his falling wand when another kick landed on his face. It was shocking to Harrison that Ted was still having an upper hand up to such moment in the fight. He had thought that Raul would become invisible instantly.
The second kick on Raul’s face made such a great devastating effect on the Spaniard, who instantly began to crawl towards Ted’s direction to have back his wand. Harrison saw the fight a déjà vu of the fight between himself and Kim just few weeks ago. He was glad that in it then, the first victim (himself) later carried the day. He remembered how himself had to crawl to have his wand back too and that gave him the assurance that as soon as Raul had got the wand the fight would be over at once—believing that younger Ted would be slaughtered by it.
As if Raul never saw Ted standing before the wand, Raul crawled towards it to have it back. He raised his head a little and guffawed at Ted as he got close to the wand. Ted stood still, not posing any threat to the boy’s retrieval of the wand. As Raul got it, he gave a howl of joy and pointed it at Ted, who instantly landed another kick on Raul’s stomach. It was amazing that Raul went a flying in the air, but the effect of the kick could be less of a surprise when putting to mind the exaggerated nature of everything in Gyrus—the walking pace, the freakishly large speeds, the time difference wonder and many more.
Raul landed with a heavy thud, but his wand flew different direction. It had fallen toward the place where the Gyrus Chinese do have their seats. Precisely it went towards Harrison’s direction and landed in Harrison’s grip. Harrison looked around quickly and discovered that no one seemed to have discovered that he had it, since all were engrossed in the fight—Cheung, who should have seen it had dozed off already.
Landing on the hard floor, Raul’s face was bleeding profusely. The palpitations his heart was experiencing seemed sounding out for everyone to hear. Such was the work of those in the control room. They must have been amused by the fight and had wanted to know what was going on in Raul’s mind. All they eventually came out with was the pounds Raul’s heart was performing.
Ted lifted him up by the neck and shook him like a piece of paper. The way Raul was vibrating in Ted’s grip seemed to every one that Raul was an invertebrate animal.
“Kill him! Kill him! Kill him!” came the voices of the citizens in unison. They were encouraging the younger Ted to get rid of the life of the notorious dream-maker.
“I’ll spare him,” came the younger Ted’s statement like a bombshell as he dropped Raul. If the younger Ted really meant what he said, then there should not have been any reason for him to have taken up the challenge in the first place, since the challenger in the fight of naturalization had to exterminate his adversary in order to acquire the seat, and most especially the lingua franca in the Gyrus-country of such.
Ted flexed his muscles as he placed his leg on the restless dream-maker, who was wallowing in his own pool of blood, then lifted up his two arms as a sign of victory.
“Finish him off!” the magistrate’s voice came up, but Ted repeated, “I don’t fight to kill.”
“Why?” Rutherford queried in disbelief.
“That’s the secret of Kungfu,” said Ted without any proof to validate his declaration.
Harrison almost sweated out blood where he was. He was not just able to comprehend how the fight had gone. The long anticipated fight had gone awry in a flash. The magistrate drew near to Ted and said, “How? How come you could defeat Raul—someone who’s become a citizen since five years ago, with much talent? He can make dreams.”
The magistrate badgered Ted to hear him speak, but the younger Ted was only smiling. While the magistrate was trying to elicit a response from Ted, some personalities rushed to the stage, dressed in red uniform. The younger Ted was alert, thinking that they were coming for him, but he soon realized that they had only come to bear Raul away. They had First aid boxes in there grips.
“Talk to me,’” the magistrate turned Raul’s face slightly to himself.
“Uh—I won the fight because I never knew that he’s an old-timer. I thought he’s new, so that gave me the courage to fight, as if we were in the same category, and—I won.”
Despite the clear explanation the boy gave, the magistrate was still unable to comprehend him as he directed his thought to the fact that there was no way ‘inexperience’ would thrive more than ‘experience’ no matter what the case may be. However, Rutherford pretended to have understood him by simply tapping his back and saying, “Yeah, well done boy” then he turned to the crowd and said, “Ladies and Gentlemen, I’ve never witnessed a kind of fight as this all my life. It’s quite shocking that this new Ted, unlike the old Ted, bedazzled us all by his wandless fight with the old Raul as we’ve just watched. It was a flawless victory as you can see—something that’s rare in this world. The defeat is a great feat for this small boy, who will now earn thirty instead of the official twenty points.”
The magistrate held up Ted’s right arm and said, “I hereby declare Ted Manuel, a seven-day old citizen, one of the Gyrus soldiers today. His kungfu was not defeated by the magic.”
“Wow!” howled the citizens continuously as they shared the fun of it with one another. Harrison had no fun to share. All he had in his mind was that if he was the one defeated with ordinary skills like that, he was going to commit suicide.
The magistrate never stopped at his wordy remarks. He added, “We all see how the seven-day old citizen was able to defeat the five-year old with kicks from a single leg—the left one. What a creepy thing!” He remarked as he laughed heartily in excitement.
As Ted made a strutting walk back to his seat, he held his arms up and every one cheered him up with claps and chants. The meeting was soon brought to a close. Many came around Ted to sing his praise. They made him an idol.
Pretending, Harrison came too, when Ted was left alone.
“Congrats Ted,” he smiled spuriously as he put out a hand to have a handshake with him. “I’m sure you did see me destroying his power in your—”
“Shut up!” came the younger Ted’s voice instantly, refraining from having the handshake. “That was a dream of deception.”
Harrison was shocked beyond imagination. His mouth was not able to pronounce the words he had wanted to speak. After lingering for long staring oafishly at Ted, he said at last, “Ted, you lost your mind?”
“I’d better ask you that instead. Okay, I’ll ask still; Harrison, have you lost mind?” Ted asked amusingly with a hostile smirk.
Harrison was dumfounded. He trudged away despondently, but backwardly, and in a brief moment he had petered out of Gyrus.
“Fool!” the younger Ted abused him in absentia as he made to vamoose too.
He had just vanished when Henry and Ted rushed to the hall again. They had just rushed out of the Gyrus toilet where they had gone immediately after the meeting, to have a crap.
“Ted’s gone,” said Ted to Henry, “He did not know that we’ve not departed yet.”
“If at all he knows that there was a toilet in here. I would not have known too if not for you,” said Henry. It was just that day Henry himself got to know that a toilet was in Gyrus when he laid the complaint to Ted that he was pressed.
“Ted, why’s the interior of the toilet made of gold?” Henry asked and Ted laughed heartily, “In there’s a fool’s paradise.”
“How d’you mean?” Henry asked ignorantly.
“Not all that glitters are gold,” Ted commented as the two exited Gyrus.[/b]
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by MachineX(m): 3:53pm On Jul 04, 2014
Sammy Hoe:

Lol cheesy You are in already...welcome to EBIAG!!!
Thanks man... i'm getting addicted to this story daily... abeg continue oooooooo....
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jul 04, 2014
Still following.
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Canme4u(m): 1:19am On Jul 05, 2014
@Oga Sammy Hoe , I was the first to comment after your second to the last update but you didn't dedicate that chapter for me as you said. sad embarassed undecided cry cry angry sad
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 9:32am On Jul 05, 2014
Canme4u: @Oga Sammy Hoe , I was the first to comment after your second to the last update but you didn't dedicate that chapter for me as you said. sad embarassed undecided cry cry angry sad

I'm so soree, I'll dedicate next chapter to you

1 Like

Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 10:02am On Jul 05, 2014
[b]Dedicated to CANME4U

CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX
HENRY AND LADY HEN

Astonished, Harrison arrived his lounge. He was burning with desire to unravel the mystery behind Raul’s inability to defeat the younger Ted. Harrison was engulfed with the thought that Ted must have belonged to another magic cult before arriving Gyrus.
“So—this Ted is powerful. Little wonder he was never afraid to disobey my commandment.”
Great surge of fear grew in Harrison’s mind as he gave his thought to the fact that Ted must have been in possession of a great deal of power for him to have defeated Raul Paul.
“I must spy at the fool right away,” thought Harrison as he placed his mirror before him to view the younger Ted. It was a great shock to him when the boy did not appear in it.
“What!” screamed Harrison as he saw the blankness of his mirror, “This boy’s powerful.”
The younger Ted came with the older Ted to meet Henry on the basketball court. Henry had just finished practicing the game with his teammates. Ted held on to the wrist of the younger Ted and pulled him close to Henry. Then he put up the hand of his namesake and said, “Henry, I present to you today the lucky and talented new Ted Manuel, the youngest Magic soldier.”
“Oh Ted, you’re welcome once again to the CCUL,” Henry said whimsically, saluting him.
“Thank you guys,” said the younger Ted, “Were it not for your help I’d been dead by now.”
“Not our help,” said Henry, “It was the help of the Book of Power.” Henry’s mood changed suddenly to a gloomy one as soon as he had made an end of his statement. The ‘book of power’ he had mentioned had brought to his mind the fact that he would miss it forever, since the dean had now seized it from him.
“Yes dude, it was from it we learnt how to quickly render the power of one’s contender useless and that was what we taught you,” added Ted, “It’s called ‘Amnesia’.”
“Hey guys, I almost believed the dream I heard in the bus. Without doubting I would have believed it, thinking that Harrison helped me destroy Raul’s power. I thank my stars that I came to you guys before getting home that day.”
“We could have believed it too if not for the fact that we know that Raul Paul is a dream-maker. So he must have made the dream by the discretion of Harrison,” Henry explained.
“You saved my life,” the younger Ted remarked gladly.
“No, the book of power saved you instead,” Ted and Henry argued with him.
The younger Ted heaved a sighed, then he said, “I’m sure Harrison must have been trying to spy at me since yesterday after I defeated Raul, but he’ll sure be surprised now that I’m not showing in it. You got that from your book of power too, right?”
“Of course!’ the boys remarked.
“We got three tricks from it—two days ago. One, how to call Amnesia on another magician; two how to spy at another magician secretly and three—em—em—” paused Ted, having forgotten the third, but the younger Ted bailed him out.
“How to prevent others from spying secretly at you? Was that not what you also claimed you did on me two days ago also?”
“He forgot,” said Henry.
“Do you know that I harried that wicked Harrison yesterday after the Gyrus meeting? He walked up to me and was trying to let me believe that I won by his help. I harassed him greatly.”
“Why? Ain’t you his friend no more?” Ted joshed and Henry said too, “You’d better not break your friendship now ’cos he’s a friend indeed. Go back to him—now.”
The younger Ted was shocked at the statements of the boys. He yelled, “Are you guys serious at all?” They laughed and said, “You should have known that it was a joke.”
Henry took the ball, which had been slightly depressed under his feet ever since the Teds’ arrival, and threw it into the basket, which was a few meters ahead. The shot could have earned ‘three points’ if it was thrown while having a basketball game.
“You throw so well,” commented the younger Ted, “But I catch so well.”
“Then you’d be good for a goalie,” concluded Henry.
“Yeah, that was what I was doing—in the Shaolin soccer we had those days in China.”
“I can play Volleyball so well too,” the older Ted commented, not wanting to be left out of the talent display.
The boys paced about on the court, sharing experiences of the past among themselves. The younger Ted asked at last in a covetous manner, “Can you sell that book for me?” Henry and Ted guffawed uncontrollably.
“Why the laughter? Is it something funny?” Amidst the laughter Henry replied, “The book’s costly, you can’t afford it.”
“How much is it?” asked the younger Ted at once.
“It cost me my school fee. I had to tell a lie to my dad that my school fee was missing, and then he had to give me another.”
“It’s Impossible!” the younger Ted said incredulously. “I mean how on earth was your man able to believe the story—that you lost the fee?”
Henry grinned.
“I’ve made dad believe in me for a very long time that I don’t tell lies. He never discovered my pretence till now,” Henry laughed. If Henry had told the latter part of the story, that the dean had seized it from him, perhaps the younger Ted could have relented. But since he wasn’t aware of that, he said further, “Well, I’ll get the book by all means.” The boys laughed again.
“How?” they asked.
“I’ll steal all my Aunt’s cash, sell her belongings too, then I’ll purchase it from you.” The younger Ted sounded serious when he was revealing his intentions and that had prompted Henry and Ted to say, “You dare not do that. She’ll skin you alive.”
“Not when I’ve got my Kungfu with me,” said the younger Ted displaying his said Kungfu by throwing his body around within a second. Henry and Ted were jealous.
“You brag too much about your Kungfu,” Henry spoke with a critical look.
“And it’s worth nothing beside ours,” supported Ted.
The younger Ted smiled and said, “Shall we demonstrate that now—with a fight?” The boys agreed to his suggestion. An afterthought came to the younger Ted’s mouth and he voiced it out:
“Hey guys, please make sure you do away with your magic, ’cos it’s not going to be magic fight.”
“We know that dude. It’s kungfu versus kungfus,” Henry replied. Ted added, “You know the Amnesia skill—the one you used on Raul to silent his magic for twenty minutes—you should use that on us even now, so we’ll have no magical power to fight.”
“I’ve forgotten it,” said the younger Ted genuinely, “You know it was an all-nighter while trying to memorize it.”
“Anyway, we’re not using the magic here,” they assured him as they got prepared for the fight.
“Yurgh!” cried the younger Ted as he flexed his muscles.
“Yargh!” the two boys yelled too as they did the same.
The younger Ted lurched forward in a flash and sent a great kick to Henry’s chest. He fell instantly. The older Ted ran fast. He threw his right leg at the younger Ted, but the boy warded it off by swerving to the right. Henry had then managed to get to his feet and was rushing to meet the younger Ted again, but a kick from the younger Ted sent the older Ted colliding with Henry, and both crashed to the floor.
“Henry,” said Ted while both were lying on the floor, “those kicks are powerful.”
“You’re right Ted,” responded Henry in agony. “I’m sure I’ll be on crutches for the next three months.”
They saw the younger Ted rushing to them again and making a confusing earsplitting noise. No one told the boys that they had to be on their feet before they did just that.
“Aargh!” they yelled as they sprang up and dashed away swiftly.
“Cowards!” said the younger Ted as he saw them rush away, “You should have waited for me to give you the tornado strike.” It was the same tornado strike the younger Ted had spoken about in Harrison’s presence few days ago before a tumbler hit him on the head.
“You come nearer,” beckoned Ted on the younger Ted. He was holding Henry’s arm.
“Wait there,” shouted the younger Ted as he rushed toward them again. He leapt and spread his two legs out, almost making them form a straight line, but the boys ran swiftly away to dodge it as they uttered something loudly. He hanged in the air.
Henry and Ted looked around to be sure no one was around. After ascertaining that none was around, they came near him, slapping his legs hard.
“You guys said you’ll not use the magic,” the younger Ted complained in the air, shouting on the top of his voice.
“Ssh!” they signaled, “Do you want to let the whole world know that we’re magicians?” they said in a low tone gazing around again to see if they were still safe.
“I don’t care!” the younger Ted shouted still, his groins giving him much pain, “I’ve got nothing to lose if people discover, since I’m not a student here. I’ll keep shouting if you don’t release me.”
“You want to shout? Then Henry let’s leave him here and walk away.”
“No, don’t. I’ll cooperate now,” the younger Ted supplicated quickly, now utilizing a lower tone to demo his promise.
“You just—you just gave me such deadly kick,” complained Henry seriously, touching his aching chest, “D’you want to kill me?”
“I’m sorry,” the younger Ted apologized in agony. His joints were now aching badly and he could feel his tissue tearing apart. “Please free me.”
“Except you tell us that we’re the kungfu masters.”
“You are the kungfu masters,” said the younger Ted without any further ado. Just then Susie hurried to the court. Henry and Ted, seeing her, quickly moved under the younger Ted’s laps, which had been lying transfix in the air before then. Putting their shoulders under those laps made it seemed as if that was the posture they were maintaining before then. Susie almost saw the previous scene, of which the younger Ted was still hanging freely in the air without a support. Ted and Henry were scared, believing that Susie must have seen it, but when she came nearer, they opined that she had not seen the previous scene.
“What are you guys doing?” she asked promptly. To her it seemed the boys were practicing the ballet dance.
“We—we’re j-just trying to—” they stammered, not able to provide an answer, “Susie, how are you?” Henry prevaricated, releasing an affected smile yet garnished with dimples.
“Who’s this boy standing on you guys?” Susie asked in a probing manner as her rotund eyes sized them up in a second.
“Oh, you mean Ted Manuel?” replied the older Ted.
“No, I don’t mean you—I mean him,” Susie pointed to the acrobat above their heads, who was looking apprehensively at Susie as if he was scared of her.
“Yes, his name’s Ted Manuel too,” they declared to her amazement.
Susie gave the young man on top of her friends a disdainful look and shouted annoyingly at him, “Mr. Man, will you get down right away, or I’ll pull you down forcefully? I give you just two seconds to do that.”
The bulged eyeballs of the younger Ted roamed everywhere in fright. The fear that had gripped him up there had almost inflated his eyeballs to the level of bursting. He could have loved so well to obey the bossy lady below, but the power of doing that was in the hands of the two boys below.
“Are you deaf?” shouted Susie as she attempted to come closer to have the boy pulled down.
“Stay out of this, uh!” the older Ted shouted at her. Susie was shocked, and so she sulked.
“Well—” she turned to Henry. “Henry, I’ve only come to inform you that Doctor Mrs. Walter is around to take us. We’ve got to hurry now.” She was panting due to the enormous amount of energy she had usurped while running to the basketball court.
“I’m coming later,” Henry whispered when she saw Susie come close to her.
“Drop that dude and come with me now—truant!” Susie shouted at him, trying to pull him from beneath the boy on him.
“Stop that Susie! Do you want to injure the poor boy?” Henry yelled quickly, anticipating that if Susie had succeeded in pulling him away, she would have discovered their tricks, since the younger Ted was going to remain transfixed, not falling or tilting to one side, just as if he was still leaning on both boys.
Susie was gutted by Henry’s reaction. She relayed her mind to Henry in a huffily, trying to be calm in her speech:
“Anyway, I’ll leave you to do whatever.” She reached for her bag and took a camera from it. She took a snapshot instantly and turned heel to leave them alone. Just then the younger Ted yelled out, “Please I’ll have a copy from you. I’ll show it to my friends when I get back to China. I’ll tell them I’ve got two American servants who carry me about on their shoulders just like this—” He paused abruptly when he discovered that Susie had already gone far—out of earshot. However, the two boys waited to be sure she was already out of sight before acting, since they had known her for possessing strange but special optical and auditory skills.
“She’s out of sight,” said Ted eventually, “Let’s release this poor thing now.”
Henry agreed. The two boys walked away from beneath the younger Ted. They were lucky that his legs was touching their shoulders lightly before then, else Susie would have noticed the magic if there had been a little gap in between. They never felt any weight at all on their shoulders all through the time it had appeared as if they were shouldering the younger Ted.
“Hey, release me while I’m on you,” complained the younger Ted bitterly, “Will you let me crash to the floor?”
“That’s the punishment for calling us your servants just now.”
“When?” The younger Ted had forgotten.
“When you said you’ll show the picture of this scene to your friends in China,” reminded Henry.
“Please! I’m sorry, don’t let me—” While still pleading the boys uttered some words again and he fell flat unto the hard court with his buttock seriously striking the floor. He groaned loudly as the boys helped him to his feet.[/b]

2 Likes

Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 10:06am On Jul 05, 2014
I need your comments...
Good morning EBIAGEES cheesy
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by dammygoody(m): 1:06pm On Jul 05, 2014
Good PM Sammyprof
Excellent and interesting as usual...
I don't like reading twice but I think this will be an exception
Long live EBIAG...
how's our magazine going?
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jul 05, 2014
dammygoody: Good PM Sammyprof
Excellent and interesting as usual...
I don't like reading twice but I think this will be an exception
Long live EBIAG...
how's our magazine going?

It's there o, only that it's dragging somehow undecided
Anyway I still hope to beat d deadline grin
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Bash92(m): 1:43pm On Jul 05, 2014
Nice update and funny.

1 Like

Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by MightyFortress: 1:56pm On Jul 05, 2014
Nice.
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by hisxlency: 3:50pm On Jul 05, 2014
There is no hiding place for a golden fish like you "sammy"
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by dammygoody(m): 4:08pm On Jul 05, 2014
Sammy Hoe:

It's there o, only that it's dragging somehow undecided
Anyway I still hope to beat d deadline grin
Alright!! Success!!
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jul 05, 2014
hisxlency: There is no hiding place for a golden fish like you "sammy"

L grin l
But fish can only swim inside water nah, so it can hide down there, away from d fisherman
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by hisxlency: 5:51pm On Jul 05, 2014
Sammy Hoe:

L grin l
But fish can only swim inside water nah, so it can hide down there, away from d fisherman
yeah, but not a golden one
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by temmythe(f): 1:31pm On Jul 06, 2014
winkWAoooh! I'm finally here after 3 straight days of unrest reading this story. You are indeed a genius, Sammy Hoe(though I feel "Sammy Bomb" is more ideal). Are you sure u r not one of d members of Gyrus cos d magic spell u casted on me to get glued on this thread is sure not from this planet. Pls don't undo the spell cos m enjoying it....... NEXT UPDATE ASAP, PLSSSSSSS
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jul 06, 2014
temmythe: winkWAoooh! I'm finally here after 3 straight days of unrest reading this story. You are indeed a genius, Sammy Hoe(though I feel "Sammy Bomb" is more ideal). Are you sure u r not one of d members of Gyrus cos d magic spell u casted on me to get glued on this thread is sure not from this planet. Pls don't undo the spell cos m enjoying it....... NEXT UPDATE ASAP, PLSSSSSSS

Laffing mode activated grin
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by temmythe(f): 9:58pm On Jul 06, 2014
SammyHoe:

Laffing mode activated grin
. While activating dat laughing mode, kindly remember to activate ur uploading mode too... Very critical!!!
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Emanuel1997: 10:52pm On Jul 06, 2014
Wow Long Time I Think We Have To Eat D Same Kind Of Food Twice
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 9:27am On Jul 07, 2014
I'm really sorry for d break in update, it's due to bad charging point...and now I want to sell d phone...I have repaired this same charging point twice earlier, just last month..

TECNO L3 FOR SALE cool
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by hisxlency: 11:27am On Jul 07, 2014
SammyHoe: I'm really sorry for d break in update, it's due to bad charging point...and now I want to sell d phone...I have repaired this same charging point twice earlier, just last month..

TECNO L3 FOR SALE cool
dnt worry you will get a buyer soon, but you forgot to state the price, remember to make it cheap in order to attract a buyer fast. But meanwhile I am tired of waiting ooo, plz post sumting, you can't bring me dis far and dumb me here
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Canme4u(m): 12:35pm On Jul 07, 2014
Update oooooooo
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by dammygoody(m): 2:45pm On Jul 07, 2014
SammyHoe: I'm really sorry for d break in update, it's due to bad charging point...and now I want to sell d phone...I have repaired this same charging point twice earlier, just last month..

TECNO L3 FOR SALE cool
oh! Well, last price? All these phones self
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 3:36pm On Jul 07, 2014
dammygoody: oh! Well, last price? All these phones self

9k last price cheesy
U wan buy?
Imagine, for d past six hrs I've bin charging its ba3 yet it's only like 20% ba3 level now angry
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jul 07, 2014
hisxlency: dnt worry you will get a buyer soon, but you forgot to state the price, remember to make it cheap in order to attract a buyer fast. But meanwhile I am tired of waiting ooo, plz post sumting, you can't bring me dis far and dumb me here

Price is 9k last last...charger available...
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by talk2riel: 4:15pm On Jul 07, 2014
SammyHoe:

Price is 9k last last...charger available...
9k is it for phone n charger, or only the charger?
Re: Everybody Is A Genius- A US Based Story by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jul 07, 2014
talk2riel:
9k is it for phone n charger, or only the charger?

Both

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (28) (Reply)

Love Don't Cost A Thing. / Novel: Caught In The Moment (house Of Earl Fashion) Written By: Onyeneke Abel / My Village Prince And I

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.