Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,657 members, 7,816,686 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:19 PM

Should A Woman Sacrifice Her Dreams For Her Marriage? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should A Woman Sacrifice Her Dreams For Her Marriage? (20322 Views)

Wife Shocking Confession That Ended Her Marriage Of 5years / Should This Lady Sacrifice Her Marriage For Her To Have Children In Life / The Woman: Her Destiny, Her Dreams, Her Talents And Her Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should A Woman Sacrifice Her Dreams For Her Marriage? by Okijajuju1(m): 2:18pm On Oct 31, 2013
@ Topic;

YES!!

Both partners at one point would have to make sacrifices in the interest of their common good.

Gender Equality

Erm.. Please throw this idea into the bin. There is no such thing as gender equality. Both sexes are not created|evolved equally, dont blame me, blame GOD|Darwin. Especially in Africa where the women are satisfied with being the weaker sex until they start making some money. Lets not forget who paid whos brideprice and who dropped their last name for who. WOMEN ARE NOT EQUAL TO MEN IN RELATIONSHIPS. Dont ever get it twisted.

The roles are simple in Marriage. The man provides, the woman manages the mans provision. #PERIOD!

Two captains can never be on one ship. When you have two leaders, all you end up with is anarchy.

Respect & Submission

A woman is to respect and submit to her husband at all and every time. Not sometimes. I dont care if the woman is taller, richer, physically stronger or intellectually more superior. The Man is and always is the head. This is the one thing that has been jointly agreed by ALL religions (bar none) and even science. Even in the Animal kingdom, the rules are the same.

DREAMS

Everybody would eventually make sacrifices. For the writer to feel like its the woman who always makes the sacrifices is just selfish. I do however admit that there are some extreme cases out there, but this is not about those cases. We are talking about a conventional marriage system here. I had dreams that I gave up for our marriage so why should her dreams now be causing problems?!

Please you women who want to be equal to your partners should go and marry Lesbians or efeminate men. No real man would ever openly admit that his wife is his equal in their marriage. #TUFIAKWA!!! No Well trained African woman would ever be proud to say that shes her husbands equal.. #Mba nu! DO you want the gods to strike her dead?!

In Africa, the chain of Command in a home is;

Man
|
|
|
Woman
|
|
|
1st Son.

3 Likes

Re: Should A Woman Sacrifice Her Dreams For Her Marriage? by Lilimax(f): 2:20pm On Oct 31, 2013
Get married to the man that buy into your vision and dream.
It will save you a lot of stress.

1 Like

Re: Should A Woman Sacrifice Her Dreams For Her Marriage? by Nobody: 2:21pm On Oct 31, 2013
I believe everybody should own an investment in their name. I am not giving up my career or business to sit back at home and do nothing. I just wish women would sit up and stop relying on men for everything. If you can afford a new car and hubby is cool with it, get one for yourself with your money, it's mustn't come from his pocket. You can start a business with your money if you can afford it without asking hubby. Women have become so dependent on men that it is not funny anymore.

As for the woman who built a house without hubby knowing(never saw the thread), the one questions I would ask her is....."is he an abuser?" And if the answer is NO, then she is a very terrible woman
Re: Should A Woman Sacrifice Her Dreams For Her Marriage? by RockMaxi: 2:23pm On Oct 31, 2013
RockMaxi: just passing...............

----oooO----
----(----)----
-----\--(--
------\_)---
-----------Oooo ---
-----------(--- -)---
------------)-- /----
------------(_/ ---
Re: Should A Woman Sacrifice Her Dreams For Her Marriage? by Egocent: 2:23pm On Oct 31, 2013
My stand is for a woman to strike a balance between her dream and her family cos both are very important. If she pays more attention to any, she may end up with regrets. When i say balance i mean having the best of both lives like Okonjo Iweala. A wife, a mother and a successful career woman. ..what else can one ask for?
Re: Should A Woman Sacrifice Her Dreams For Her Marriage? by satellitedaisy: 2:24pm On Oct 31, 2013
talk2davoo: part of d curse dat d woman received after d serpent deceived her is dat she'll be under d man.d man also received his own share of d curse as a result of his dissobedience.now answer,what are the vanguards of gender equality trying to achieve? A reversal of d curse placed on woman by God? Be careful,gender equality is evil.although wasnt so from begining but after d fall of Adam and Eve.@her dream,i will say dat if things are done in order of their priority, husband also ranks first among every dream and aspiration that a woman may have including her dream of becoming world president

*Clicking Dislike* 10x

1 Like

Re: Should A Woman Sacrifice Her Dreams For Her Marriage? by damosky12(m): 2:25pm On Oct 31, 2013
Any dream that does not accomodate the maintainance of you marriage is'nt a dream but a stranger..

1 Like

Re: Should A Woman Sacrifice Her Dreams For Her Marriage? by satellitedaisy: 2:26pm On Oct 31, 2013
Marry a man dat cherish and repect Your dreams and will help you in achieviNg your dreams
Re: Should A Woman Sacrifice Her Dreams For Her Marriage? by Fhemmmy: 2:27pm On Oct 31, 2013
damosky12: Any dream that does not accomodate the maintainance of you marriage is'nt a dream but a stranger..

I am not sure i agree with this . . everyone has a dream before they become a wife or a husband, i might agree if you say find a way to fine-tune the dream to accommodate the other half
Re: Should A Woman Sacrifice Her Dreams For Her Marriage? by Beennkumar(m): 2:27pm On Oct 31, 2013
I see no reason why she should.
But, I believe it should be discussed before marriage. If your man doesn't like the idea, please cancel the engagement or whatever you had with him. Anything could happen at any point in the marriage and if you don't have a foundation on your own, it could result in something drastic.

I've actually seen some women who provide for their families. Their husbands aren't dead neither are they divorced, but they carry out the role of the man in the house. I know of one who went as far as buying a brand new car for her husband.

Now, ask yourself this:
If these women decided to abort their dreams, would such happen?

The answer is no. They'd have lived miserable lives.
Re: Should A Woman Sacrifice Her Dreams For Her Marriage? by Ogoanita(f): 2:28pm On Oct 31, 2013
talk2davoo: part of d curse dat d woman received after d serpent deceived her is dat she'll be under d man.d man also received his own share of d curse as a result of his dissobedience.now answer,what are the vanguards of gender equality trying to achieve? A reversal of d curse placed on woman by God? Be careful,gender equality is evil.although wasnt so from begining but after d fall of Adam and Eve.@her dream,i will say dat if things are done in order of their priority, husband also ranks first among every dream and aspiration that a woman may have including her dream of becoming world president
undecided do u know wat gender equality is all about? It doesnt mean she will rule over her husband, no doubt women are under men, it all about letting a woman have a say both in the society and @ home
Re: Should A Woman Sacrifice Her Dreams For Her Marriage? by damosky12(m): 2:29pm On Oct 31, 2013
brother, If you are bornagain, "CHRIST HAS REDEEMED US FROM THE CURSE OF THE LAW" by paying the price on the cross.. What you posted is however correct to the man or woman who isnt bornagain.

1 Like

Re: Should A Woman Sacrifice Her Dreams For Her Marriage? by jaybee3(m): 2:30pm On Oct 31, 2013
Nope
Why sacrifice your dream because of marriage only then to feel unfulfilled in the marriage?

Flexibility is the key word. Most couples that have to deal with such challenges don't simply embrace flexibility.
Re: Should A Woman Sacrifice Her Dreams For Her Marriage? by damosky12(m): 2:35pm On Oct 31, 2013
Fhemmmy:

I am not sure i agree with this . . everyone has a dream before they become a wife or a husband, i might agree if you say find a way to fine-tune the dream to accommodate the other half
my brother, when you get married, you no longer live or take dicisions for yourself. You are now a two in one, so, anything that would break your marriage should be shelved. Thats why its good to marry a man who accomodates your vision and dream, most importantly; asking God to guide you meet the right one. That is because, once you are married, your dream must be approved by your spousee before it becomes a dream.
Re: Should A Woman Sacrifice Her Dreams For Her Marriage? by Koolking(m): 2:36pm On Oct 31, 2013
Nashville:

One problem I have with us Nigerians is that we never blame ourselves. We blame God, society, etc but never look inwards. You write as if Nigerian women have no brains and cannot take decisions for herself and just forced into slavery called marriage. Please, if you are in slavery, it is first and foremost your fault. You are responsible for your decisions and you have to blame yourself. My own sister is a gynaecologist and she plans to start her own IVF clinic soon, my wife is a practicing lawyer living her life to the full. If you are not living your dreams, please look into the mirror and you will find where the fault is. Lets stop blaming society etc, women have a choice, they have brains, they go to school like the boys and apply for jobs like the guys, so there is no reason why women should not achieve their dreams unless of cause they have none.

Now you raise the issue of a man having several houses and was upset his wife had only one. Very unfair of you as those of us that read the thread know that he was angry because his wife built a house without his knowledge. That is wrong 100 times over and everytime. I would not build a house without telling my wife neither would I expect that from my wife. It just makes no sense at all everytime one reads it.

Lastly, I believe our women have a long way to go in helping themselves. While I have lots of female friends who are doing very well in their chosen professions and achieving their dreams, alot of Nigerian women would rather marry a "rich guy" as a means of achieving wealth and possibly fame and their dreams. Unfortunately, they soon find out that not all that glitters is gold. Rather than work hard and see themselves as positive contibutors, they take the short cut and try to use a man to meet their needs. Our orientation needs to change, both men and women.

I could not agree less. Well said sir. Male and Female, personally, I have not yet seen any difference between the genders. We all have choices. It is high time the so-called 'feminist' stopped the blame game of women not given the opportunity. This is 21 century for goodness sake. Gone were the days when men where seen as gods over women. That has changed with time and space. A woman who blames the society, man for her underachievement is just lazy and would stop at nothing blaming God for her gender.
Re: Should A Woman Sacrifice Her Dreams For Her Marriage? by ladygogo: 2:36pm On Oct 31, 2013
EFEMENA! you have said it all. A lot of girls need to read this.
Re: Should A Woman Sacrifice Her Dreams For Her Marriage? by Cestmoi1(f): 2:42pm On Oct 31, 2013
Efemena_xy: @ Poster source pls.

That aside, I agree with the content of this article. Many women, especially Nigerian women are prone to thinking that way. It's actually engrained in them to such a point where they see being submissive = being subordinate, which I daresay, is at odds with their education.

I mean, why bother educating your daughters if she'll end up being nothing better than a glorified househelp in her own home, both physically and emotionally? Yes, I know many ladies who went through tertiary education have put their education to good use - but how many of these same women have done things for themselves? I mean personal goals they've always wanted to achieve pre-marriage? Or achieving their dreams?

There's a rankling thread in this section about a man who:

~ Earned eight times more than his wife
~ Owned various property and assets, etc.

It was all about him, him, him and no mention of what his wife probably went through those 10 years of marriage without a dime to her name. Eventually the tables turned and she landed herself a well-paying job and built just one house for herself and guess what? The miffed husband sprinted off to nland soliciting 'advice' on how much he felt betrayed by his wife! Of course the teenagers and other mumpties here encouraged him to ditch her (never mind her silent suffering for 10years), she must have been having an affair with her priest (she never saw fit to do that before o! Only when she got working now, abi?)

https://www.nairaland.com/1496529/priest-aids-wife-build-without

What am I getting at here? In a society where marriage is seen as the greatest milestone and achievement in one's life (moreso if you're a female), you aren't expected to do anything for yourself, think independently for yourself or dare have dreams and aspirations, all in the name of two-becoming-one, which incidentally, always works out well for the menfolk.

If anyone dares rebutt what I've written up there, then:

For the men folk - how many of your properties are in both your names and your wife's name? Is her name on the title deed of your houses??

For the married women folk - how many of you, despite your education and careers have built a house - just one single house - in your own right? And even if you have, in whose name is it in? Yours or your husband's?

And for the married women who despite their careers and education haven't yet done that, may I ask how come? And pls don't come at me with the same old story of having to look after the kids (who afterall, don't bear your maiden names! but your husbands' names!)
Pls,can I give u an e-hug? You've said it all.
Re: Should A Woman Sacrifice Her Dreams For Her Marriage? by okomonny(m): 2:43pm On Oct 31, 2013
I think those people pushing for gender equality should be ready to face the consequenses of the failure of the agenda. In every society there must be a leader & he/she must be respected including the family. There are department in every organisation headed by each person for the organisation to function well. But if U now want everybody to be equal you should be ready to settle quarels.
Let the man face the task of raising fund for the family & the woman give absolute support to the husband. A woman should not bother herself with much of outside activities so that the family sholud not suffer. Too much money leads to too much waste. You will pay nanny, pay extra lesson in school to keep the child late but expensive eatry food for them and many more
Re: Should A Woman Sacrifice Her Dreams For Her Marriage? by Fhemmmy: 2:43pm On Oct 31, 2013
damosky12:
my brother, when you get married, you no longer live or take dicisions for yourself. You are now a two in one, so, anything that would break your marriage should be shelved. Thats why its good to marry a man who accomodates you r vision and dream, most importantly; asking God to guide you meet the right one. That is because, once you are married, your dream must be approved by your spouce before it becomes a dream.

I do agree that once you are married, the story changes, but to forgo your dream should not be one of them, you could revisit the dream and both of you look into how to make it better and work for the 2 of you.

1 Like

Re: Should A Woman Sacrifice Her Dreams For Her Marriage? by freecocoa(f): 2:46pm On Oct 31, 2013
As far as I'm concerned, my dreams will not disturb my marriage so I don't have to give it up.

I believe a career woman can still be a good wife and mother, simples.

1 Like

Re: Should A Woman Sacrifice Her Dreams For Her Marriage? by Arosa(m): 2:48pm On Oct 31, 2013
Should A Woman Sacrifice Her Dreams For Her Marriage?
Absolutely not. angry
Re: Should A Woman Sacrifice Her Dreams For Her Marriage? by ritux: 2:52pm On Oct 31, 2013
Nashville:

One problem I have with us Nigerians is that we never blame ourselves. We blame God, society, etc but never look inwards. You write as if Nigerian women have no brains and cannot take decisions for herself and just forced into slavery called marriage. Please, if you are in slavery, it is first and foremost your fault. You are responsible for your decisions and you have to blame yourself. My own sister is a gynaecologist and she plans to start her own IVF clinic soon, my wife is a practicing lawyer living her life to the full. If you are not living your dreams, please look into the mirror and you will find where the fault is. Lets stop blaming society etc, women have a choice, they have brains, they go to school like the boys and apply for jobs like the guys, so there is no reason why women should not achieve their dreams unless of cause they have none.

Now you raise the issue of a man having several houses and was upset his wife had only one. Very unfair of you as those of us that read the thread know that he was angry because his wife built a house without his knowledge. That is wrong 100 times over and everytime. I would not build a house without telling my wife neither would I expect that from my wife. It just makes no sense at all everytime one reads it.

Lastly, I believe our women have a long way to go in helping themselves. While I have lots of female friends who are doing very well in their chosen professions and achieving their dreams, alot of Nigerian women would rather marry a "rich guy" as a means of achieving wealth and possibly fame and their dreams. Unfortunately, they soon find out that not all that glitters is gold. Rather than work hard and see themselves as positive contibutors, they take the short cut and try to use a man to meet their needs. Our orientation needs to change, both men and women.

Best comment so far.

[size=28pt]1 Billion Likes for you[/size]

1 Like

Re: Should A Woman Sacrifice Her Dreams For Her Marriage? by PrettySpicey(f): 2:55pm On Oct 31, 2013
I never subscribe to women giving up their dreams and ambitions for marriage or for a man.
Now if you don't want to pursue a career or a business, that is all well and good. But never let it go just for a man.
You'd go through life completely dissatisfied and filled with resentment and soon with anger.
Besides children are most often inspired by a working mum.
Anyway these days, most men want their women bringing home a pa check too.

2 Likes

Re: Should A Woman Sacrifice Her Dreams For Her Marriage? by Okijajuju1(m): 2:56pm On Oct 31, 2013
Efemena_xy: @

For the men folk - how many of your properties are in both your names and your wife's name? Is her name on the title deed of your houses??

For the married women folk - how many of you, despite your education and careers have built a house - just one single house - in your own right? And even if you have, in whose name is it in? Yours or your husband's?

And for the married women who despite their careers and education haven't yet done that, may I ask how come? And pls don't come at me with the same old story of having to look after the kids (who afterall, don't bear your maiden names! but your husbands' names!)

Madam Efe

How far na! SO you don turn Womens right activist abi?! Better pound that yam finish before I reach house or else.. angry

@ Post:

Madam, I grew up with the mentality of whats mine is hers and whats hers is mine. Equality all round.

However.. In a union, its always right to define roles lest everyone runs around chasing their dreams at the expense of the greater good of the family. I'm sure our forefathers forsaw this thats why they created roles for each party in the relationship bearing in mind who the stronger party was and giving that party the hardest role and making the weaker party have lesser but equally crucial responsibilities.

You asked how many of us have proerties in our wifes names? ANSWER: I do. My father also does. Infact, any car in my house that carries only one persons name on it was a gift from the other partner to that person. The lands and houses all read Mr. & Mrs. The ones that dont carry Mr. & Mrs. bear the company name of which they are both the principal share holders & directors in the company.

YOU WOMEN ARE SELFISH

Look at the way the OP's post put it like the women are slaves.

When a man works and toils hard at work everyday, what is his ultimate purpose?! TO PROVIDE FOR HIS FAMILY (which includes the wife).

Look at what you women are here advocating. Chasing your dreams. To benefit whom?! Yourselves! So that you can make money and be equal to your husbands financially abi?

Or do you think it is a Mans dream to have a woman spend up all his hardwork?! No! But he does it as his responsiblity and sacrifice to his family. Look at me for example. I make enough money to lounge and ball like I want. But hey! I am forkig over my earning every month to my wife who already makes money just because that is what is expected of me.

You women should please ease off this gender eqaulity crap & slavery nonesense.. We are both slaves to each other in the relationship.

6 Likes

Re: Should A Woman Sacrifice Her Dreams For Her Marriage? by Nobody: 3:04pm On Oct 31, 2013
I wonder what other dreams an average nigerian girl has if not to rush and get married at the age of 24 to a rich nigga, then play by the marriage rules whether good or bad provided the nigga keeps providing...
BTW, you can go ahead with dreams provided its not at the detriment of your marriage
Re: Should A Woman Sacrifice Her Dreams For Her Marriage? by ritux: 3:11pm On Oct 31, 2013
Okija_juju:

Madam Efe

How far na! SO you don turn Womens right activist abi?! Better pound that yam finish before I reach house or else.. angry

@ Post:

Madam, I grew up with the mentality of whats mine is hers and whats hers is mine. Equality all round.

However.. In a union, its always right to define roles lest everyone runs around chasing their dreams at the expense of the greater good of the family. I'm sure our forefathers forsaw this thats why they created roles for each party in the relationship bearing in mind who the stronger party was and giving that party the hardest role and making the weaker party have lesser but equally crucial responsibilities.

You asked how many of us have proerties in our wifes names? ANSWER: I do. My father also does. Infact, any car in my house that carries only one persons name on it was a gift from the other partner to that person. The lands and houses all read Mr. & Mrs. The ones that dont carry Mr. & Mrs. bear the company name of which they are both the principal share holders & directors in the company.

YOU WOMEN ARE SELFISH

Look at the way the OP's post put it like the women are slaves.

When a man works and toils hard at work everyday, what is his ultimate purpose?! TO PROVIDE FOR HIS FAMILY (which includes the wife).

Look at what you women are here advocating. Chasing your dreams. To benefit whom?! Yourselves! So that you can make money and be equal to your husbands financially abi?

Or do you think it is a Mans dream to have a woman spend up all his hardwork?! No! But he does it as his responsiblity and sacrifice to his family. Look at me for example. I make enough money to lounge and ball like I want. But hey! I am forkig over my earning every month to my wife who already makes money just because that is what is expected of me.

You women should please ease off this gender eqaulity crap & slavery nonesense.. We are both slaves to each other in the relationship.

2nd Best Comment so far

[size=28pt]1 million likes[/size]
Re: Should A Woman Sacrifice Her Dreams For Her Marriage? by ritux: 3:16pm On Oct 31, 2013
Personally, I believe every asset in a home should carry Mr & Mrs. Whether I earn more than my wife or vice versa, that is how it is going to be. Everything must be "WE" and not "I"
Re: Should A Woman Sacrifice Her Dreams For Her Marriage? by Joe4real701(m): 3:29pm On Oct 31, 2013
[quote author=Miss Frankie]My greatest fear in life is getting married to sum1 who will kill my dreams, dats why I've made it an important point to share my dreams and idea with my partner.
You will grow old doing that.....mtcheeeeew
Re: Should A Woman Sacrifice Her Dreams For Her Marriage? by dudet(f): 3:41pm On Oct 31, 2013
The truth is as a woman, you have a right to determine what your priorities are; would you be happier if your husband/family is happier? If that means making some sacrifices along the way, then that's fine. You can't always have what you want all of the time
Re: Should A Woman Sacrifice Her Dreams For Her Marriage? by emmanuelewumi(m): 3:42pm On Oct 31, 2013
jennykadry: I believe everybody should own an investment in their name. I am not giving up my career or business to sit back at home and do nothing. I just wish women would sit up and stop relying on men for everything. If you can afford a new car and hubby is cool with it, get one for yourself with your money, it's mustn't come from his pocket. You can start a business with your money if you can afford it without asking hubby. Women have become so dependent on men that it is not funny anymore.

As for the woman who built a house without hubby knowing(never saw the thread), the one questions I would ask her is....."is he an abuser?" And if the answer is NO, then she is a very terrible woman

Re: Should A Woman Sacrifice Her Dreams For Her Marriage? by bukatyne(f): 3:44pm On Oct 31, 2013
dudet: The truth is as a woman person, you have a right to determine what your priorities are; would you be happier if your husband spouse/family is happier? If that means making some sacrifices along the way, then that's fine. You can't always have what you want all of the time

With the modifications, your post just made sense.

This is exactly what the OP is about; in a family, everyone should be able to sacrifice and NOT just the wife...

The wife is an individual b/4 been a wife and mother...

Well, not everyone has dreams...
Re: Should A Woman Sacrifice Her Dreams For Her Marriage? by loswhite(m): 3:48pm On Oct 31, 2013
Efemena_xy: @ Poster source pls.

That aside, I agree with the content of this article. Many women, especially Nigerian women are prone to thinking that way. It's actually engrained in them to such a point where they see being submissive = being subordinate, which I daresay, is at odds with their education.

I mean, why bother educating your daughters if she'll end up being nothing better than a glorified househelp in her own home, both physically and emotionally? Yes, I know many ladies who went through tertiary education have put their education to good use - but how many of these same women have done things for themselves? I mean personal goals they've always wanted to achieve pre-marriage? Or achieving their dreams?

There's a rankling thread in this section about a man who:

~ Earned eight times more than his wife
~ Owned various property and assets, etc.

It was all about him, him, him and no mention of what his wife probably went through those 10 years of marriage without a dime to her name. Eventually the tables turned and she landed herself a well-paying job and built just one house for herself and guess what? The miffed husband sprinted off to nland soliciting 'advice' on how much he felt betrayed by his wife! Of course the teenagers and other mumpties here encouraged him to ditch her (never mind her silent suffering for 10years), she must have been having an affair with her priest (she never saw fit to do that before o! Only when she got working now, abi?)

What am I getting at here? In a society where marriage is seen as the greatest milestone and achievement in one's life (moreso if you're a female), you aren't expected to do anything for yourself, think independently for yourself or dare have dreams and aspirations, all in the name of two-becoming-one, which incidentally, always works out well for the menfolk.

Js advice women not to get married so that they can build their own house and they don't have to answer to anybody. They can also pay a boy to sleep with them so that they can get give birth to a child dat can answer their maiden name. Dreams accomplished

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Kenyan Man Detonates 5 Petrol Bombs In His House After Accusing Wife Of Cheating / 89 Lagos Men Beaten, Violated By Their Wives In 15 Months – Commissioner / See The High Number Of Babies To Be Born In Nigeria on New Year Day By UNICEF

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.