Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,802 members, 7,810,088 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:30 PM

The Woman: Her Destiny, Her Dreams, Her Talents And Her Man - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Woman: Her Destiny, Her Dreams, Her Talents And Her Man (6185 Views)

2-Day Vigil Cost Woman Her Marriage In Delta / I Always See My Wife Having Extra Marital Affairs In My Dreams: Husband / Should A Woman Sacrifice Her Dreams For Her Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Woman: Her Destiny, Her Dreams, Her Talents And Her Man by bukatyne(f): 12:24pm On Nov 05, 2013
Some threads on Nairaland like 'Should a married woman sacrifice her dreams' etc. and other similar threads prompted this thread...

I want us to discuss The Woman as a topic under the following sub-topics:

Her Destiny: A woman is first a individual i.e. Shade, Titi, Ngozi etc. before being a wife, mother or daughter and she has a destiny to fulfill in her generation. This is what God has planned for her to be

Her Dreams: This is what she aspires to be (which should generally be in line with her destiny)

Her Talents: These are the gifts she has embedded inside of her to enable her fulfill her destiny

Her Man: This is her husband/fiancée that supports her and vice versa to achieve her destiny

Let's discuss on what we feel on each of the sub topics...

NO BASHING PLEASE
Re: The Woman: Her Destiny, Her Dreams, Her Talents And Her Man by pickabeau1: 12:24pm On Nov 05, 2013
following...
Re: The Woman: Her Destiny, Her Dreams, Her Talents And Her Man by bukatyne(f): 12:27pm On Nov 05, 2013
pickabeau1: following...

Not following alone, what are your thoughts? grin
Re: The Woman: Her Destiny, Her Dreams, Her Talents And Her Man by pickabeau1: 12:32pm On Nov 05, 2013
bukatyne:

I like the topic idea but it will be good if you moderated it and provided a direction
I hope you will not abuse my comments this time

+++++

Women: They are a divinely created species and have provided both the best and worst times for people
Destined to be a helpmeet for a man's destiny, they have provided inspiration for some to reach their zenith and for others drove them to madness and ruin

When you have one behind you truthfully as a friend and partner, there is nothing you cant do

They rock the cradle and conversely influence habits which last for generations and thus move nations

Over the ages, women have been revered as symbols of fertility (Istarte) , beauty and desire and feared due to their manipulative tendencies thus men have always tried to keep them subjugated.

I will say more as the thread kicks off...
Re: The Woman: Her Destiny, Her Dreams, Her Talents And Her Man by Nobody: 12:34pm On Nov 05, 2013
bukatyne:

Buka why dont you start. Afterall you are a woman!
Re: The Woman: Her Destiny, Her Dreams, Her Talents And Her Man by pickabeau1: 12:35pm On Nov 05, 2013
Nashville:

Righto.. grin. oya over to you... madam buka
Re: The Woman: Her Destiny, Her Dreams, Her Talents And Her Man by bukatyne(f): 12:35pm On Nov 05, 2013
pickabeau1:

I like the topic idea but it will be good if you moderated it and provided a direction
I hope you will not abuse my comments this time

+++++

Women: They are a divinely created sub species and have provided both the best and worst times for people
Destined to be a helpmeet for a man's destiny, they have provided inspiration for some to reach their zenith and for others drove them to madness and ruin

When you have one behind you truthfully as a friend and partner, there is nothing you cant do

They rock the cradle and conversely influence habits which last for generations and thus move nations

Over the ages, women have been revered as symbols of fertility (Istarte) , beauty and desire and feared due to their manipulative tendencies thus men have always tried to keep them subjugated.

I will say more as the thread kicks off...

This is a first!

I can't type much at a time...

kind of down with malaria
Re: The Woman: Her Destiny, Her Dreams, Her Talents And Her Man by bukatyne(f): 12:35pm On Nov 05, 2013
Nashville:

Lol,

Birthday mate mi

Ok o!
Re: The Woman: Her Destiny, Her Dreams, Her Talents And Her Man by pickabeau1: 12:36pm On Nov 05, 2013
I am sorry about your state now.. have u been to the hospital

What is a first?

please focus on your health..

bukatyne:

This is a first!

I can't type much at a time...

kind of down with malaria
Re: The Woman: Her Destiny, Her Dreams, Her Talents And Her Man by bukatyne(f): 12:46pm On Nov 05, 2013
A woman is first an interdependent individual (depends on her man and vice versa) and has a destiny to fulfill in life before she is a wife or mother. She is the embodiment of several relationships like wife, mother, daughter, sister, neighbor, friend, colleague, niece, aunty etc. and one relationship should not suffer for others although some have higher priority and more responsibilities.

She is NOT an appendage to a man or his inferior and can function perfectly without him although she would achieve more faster with her man beside her.

Her destiny is simply who God has created her to be and what He wants her to achieve to His glory for her generation. There is a need which she is best suited to fill.

Her dreams are the desires she has for herself. They may/may not be in line with God has for her. For example, a woman who has the dream to be the most sought after mistress is definitely not in line with God's will for her.

Her Talents are those gifts she has embedded in her. Those things she can do very very with little effort. It might be singing, writing, leading, organizing etc. and her gifts help her to achieve her destiny.

Her man is well... her man kiss

HOWEVER, A WOMAN MUST BELIEVE IN WHO SHE WAS CREATED TO BE BEFORE ANYONE CAN BELIEVE IN IT

Now have opened the floor grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Woman: Her Destiny, Her Dreams, Her Talents And Her Man by bukatyne(f): 12:48pm On Nov 05, 2013
pickabeau1: I am sorry about your state now.. have u been to the hospital

What is a first?

please focus on your health..

Thanks,

I much better. I am actually at work now. I didn't come in yesterday sha.

I have not heard that line before
Re: The Woman: Her Destiny, Her Dreams, Her Talents And Her Man by pickabeau1: 12:49pm On Nov 05, 2013
Can I make some points or counterpoints on this destiny ish
Re: The Woman: Her Destiny, Her Dreams, Her Talents And Her Man by pickabeau1: 12:54pm On Nov 05, 2013
Let me put up some info
+++++++++
Ishtar is the East Semitic Akkadian, Assyrian and Babylonian goddess of fertility, love, war, and sex. She is the counterpart to the Sumerian Inanna, and is the cognate for the Northwest Semitic Aramean goddess Astarte.

Characteristics
Ishtar was the goddess of love, war, fertility, and sexuality.

In the Babylonian pantheon, she "was the divine personification of the planet Venus".[2]

Ishtar had many lovers; however, as Guirand notes,

"Woe to him whom Ishtar had honoured! The fickle goddess treated her passing lovers cruelly, and the unhappy wretches usually paid dearly for the favours heaped on them. Animals, enslaved by love, lost their native vigour: they fell into traps laid by men or were domesticated by them. 'Thou has loved the lion, mighty in strength', says the hero Gilgamesh to Ishtar, 'and thou hast dug for him seven and seven pits! Thou hast loved the steed, proud in battle, and destined him for the halter, the goad and the whip.'

Even for the gods Ishtar's love was fatal. In her youth the goddess had loved Tammuz, god of the harvest, and—if one is to believe Gilgamesh —this love caused the death of Tammuz.[2]

Her cult may have involved sacred prostitution. Guirand referred to her holy city Uruk as the "town of the sacred courtesans" and to her as the "courtesan of the gods".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ishtar

In the Canaanite cultures she was refered to as Astarte
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astarte

This goddess is responsible for Easter which we celebrate today

bukatyne:

Thanks,

Re: The Woman: Her Destiny, Her Dreams, Her Talents And Her Man by bukatyne(f): 12:56pm On Nov 05, 2013
pickabeau1: Can I make some points or counterpoints on this destiny ish

No problem...

I don't bite lol grin
Re: The Woman: Her Destiny, Her Dreams, Her Talents And Her Man by bukatyne(f): 1:01pm On Nov 05, 2013
pickabeau1: Let me put up some info
+++++++++
Ishtar is the East Semitic Akkadian, Assyrian and Babylonian goddess of fertility, love, war, and sex. She is the counterpart to the Sumerian Inanna, and is the cognate for the Northwest Semitic Aramean goddess Astarte.

Characteristics
Ishtar was the goddess of love, war, fertility, and sexuality.

In the Babylonian pantheon, she "was the divine personification of the planet Venus".[2]

Ishtar had many lovers; however, as Guirand notes,

"Woe to him whom Ishtar had honoured! The fickle goddess treated her passing lovers cruelly, and the unhappy wretches usually paid dearly for the favours heaped on them. Animals, enslaved by love, lost their native vigour: they fell into traps laid by men or were domesticated by them. 'Thou has loved the lion, mighty in strength', says the hero Gilgamesh to Ishtar, 'and thou hast dug for him seven and seven pits! Thou hast loved the steed, proud in battle, and destined him for the halter, the goad and the whip.'

Even for the gods Ishtar's love was fatal. In her youth the goddess had loved Tammuz, god of the harvest, and—if one is to believe Gilgamesh —this love caused the death of Tammuz.[2]

Her cult may have involved sacred prostitution. Guirand referred to her holy city Uruk as the "town of the sacred courtesans" and to her as the "courtesan of the gods".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ishtar

In the Canaanite cultures she was refered to as Astarte
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astarte

This goddess is responsible for Easter which we celebrate today

Interesting read

So men oppressed women because of her 'powers'?

As for the Easter stuff, are you referring to the Death and Resurrection of Jesus Christ or another one?

1 Like

Re: The Woman: Her Destiny, Her Dreams, Her Talents And Her Man by Nobody: 1:01pm On Nov 05, 2013
Women and men are different but there is no reason why any women cannot achieve their dreams or destiny. A time comes in a woman's life when she has to start a family (say a 7 year period) and this is usually one of the toughest times in a woman's life, more so because by nature she is more active in raising the children than the man. Having said that it does not mean marriage or raising children should stop any woman from achieving their dreams or using their talents.

The first thing for any woman, is to know who they are and what they want. Lots of woman and even men dont even know this. All they know is that they want to be rich and live a very comfortable or flambouyant life without any real knowledge of how to achieve it. And that is why lots of women marry men that can help them achieve this life of luxury.

I believe a woman can achieve anything a man can achieve. There are many female presidents/prime ministers all over the world. Even Nigeria' prime minister is a woman NOI. So several examples abound on how women can be extremely successful in the careers/professions. Infact I dare say women do not even need men to be successful. I believe we are all responsible for what we become. I have an aunt who was kinda in lack because she was lazy. But all the time she blamed her husband for her predicament. Unfortunately, I do not believe women have to give up their dreams to have a fulfilled life. The truth is that if you really have a dream, it is very difficult to kill.
Re: The Woman: Her Destiny, Her Dreams, Her Talents And Her Man by pickabeau1: 1:06pm On Nov 05, 2013
Ok.. if u say u do not bite grin

On the issue of destiny what if as a woman it is my destiny to be a mother and a helper to my husband
If not for modernisation and economic difficulties of a single income household, women will be in the home handling domestic duties

Easter has its roots in the worship of the goddess Ishtar... the names are similar sef
Re: The Woman: Her Destiny, Her Dreams, Her Talents And Her Man by bukatyne(f): 1:07pm On Nov 05, 2013
Nashville: Women and men are different but there is no reason why any women cannot achieve their dreams or destiny. A time comes in a woman's life when she has to start a family (say a 7 year period) and this is usually one of the toughest times in a woman's life, more so because by nature she is more active in raising the children than the man. Having said that it does not mean marriage or raising children should stop any woman from achieving their dreams or using their talents.

The first thing for any woman, is to know who they are and what they want. Lots of woman and even men dont even know this. All they know is that they want to be rich and live a very comfortable or flambouyant life without any real knowledge of how to achieve it. And that is why lots of women marry men that can help them achieve this life of luxury.

I believe a woman can achieve anything a man can achieve. There are many female presidents/prime ministers all over the world. Even Nigeria' prime minister is a woman NOI. So several examples abound on how women can be extremely successful in the careers/professions. Infact I dare say women do not even need men to be successful. I believe we are all responsible for what we become. I have an aunt who was kinda in lack because she was lazy. But all the time she blamed her husband for her predicament. Unfortunately, I do not believe women have to give up their dreams to have a fulfilled life. The truth is that if you really have a dream, it is very difficult to kill.

Nice One!

The bolded is really a gospel truth.

How is your day going?
Re: The Woman: Her Destiny, Her Dreams, Her Talents And Her Man by pickabeau1: 1:14pm On Nov 05, 2013
Women are strong and can achieve all they want ..

You have women who work 24 hours to provide an education for their children and provide an edge

In Morocco, these women carry heavy loads to provide for their famillies

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-24706863
Re: The Woman: Her Destiny, Her Dreams, Her Talents And Her Man by Nobody: 1:17pm On Nov 05, 2013
bukatyne:

Nice One!

The bolded is really a gospel truth.

How is your day going?

Not bad my sister. Just got back from a two week trip to Las Gidi. Good to know u much better.
Re: The Woman: Her Destiny, Her Dreams, Her Talents And Her Man by pickabeau1: 1:20pm On Nov 05, 2013
bukatyne:

Thanks,

Good to know you are much better...

On dreams, as strong as a dream is
If it is not nurtured.. no matter what it can die
Re: The Woman: Her Destiny, Her Dreams, Her Talents And Her Man by bukatyne(f): 1:24pm On Nov 05, 2013
pickabeau1: Ok.. if u say u do not bite grin

On the issue of destiny what if as a woman it is my destiny to be a mother and a helper to my husband
If not for modernisation and economic difficulties of a single income household, women will be in the home handling domestic duties

Easter has its roots in the worship of the goddess Ishtar... the names are similar sef

That is like saying your destiny is to be a daughter to your parents... or a man's destiny is to provide for his family!

True because they have been oppressed for long. God never intended a woman to be a stay at home wifey.. read Prov 31: 10 - 31. Every woman should ideally be a helper to her husband, good mother to their kids etc. so it's not a destiny.

Everyone as a purpose for which he/she was created. It might not be to be a banker (how I detest that profession), doctor or whatever.... Look at Harriet Stowe that wrote 'Uncle Tom's Cabin'... Do you know what the book accomplished?
Re: The Woman: Her Destiny, Her Dreams, Her Talents And Her Man by pickabeau1: 1:29pm On Nov 05, 2013
bukatyne:

That is like saying your destiny is to be a daughter to your parents... or a man's destiny is to provide for his family!

True because they have been oppressed for long. God never intended a woman to be a stay at home wifey.. read Prov 31: 10 - 31. Every woman should ideally be a helper to her husband, good mother to their kids etc. so it's not a destiny.

Everyone as a purpose for which he/she was created. It might not be to be a banker (how I detest that profession), doctor or whatever.... Look at Harriet Stowe that wrote 'Uncle Tom's Cabin'... Do you know what the book accomplished?

Destiny.. Destiny... Destiny

All the things you are talking about are professions in the modern context
I know Pro 31... most of the verses there centre on prudence, demeanour and morals
What was Abram's destiny - A Nation

Sarai's was to be his wife n this defined as the mother of nations

Rahab was a prostitute though she was reformed and married Boaz's father and thus the mother of David

Destiny... not all of us can be world beaters... but we can be the best at what we lay our hands on

It may be home wise or external

For every Abram in the bible, millions stayed in ur and died
For every Noah, millions died in the flood
Re: The Woman: Her Destiny, Her Dreams, Her Talents And Her Man by bukatyne(f): 1:30pm On Nov 05, 2013
Nashville:

Not bad my sister. Just got back from a two week trip to Las Gidi. Good to know u much better.

Thanks
Re: The Woman: Her Destiny, Her Dreams, Her Talents And Her Man by bukatyne(f): 1:31pm On Nov 05, 2013
pickabeau1:

Good to know you are much better...

On dreams, as strong as a dream is
If it is not nurtured.. no matter what it can die

Thanks
Re: The Woman: Her Destiny, Her Dreams, Her Talents And Her Man by bukatyne(f): 1:35pm On Nov 05, 2013
pickabeau1:

Destiny.. Destiny... Destiny

All the things you are talking about are professions in the modern context
I know Pro 31... most of the verses there centre on prudence, demeanour and morals
What was Abram's destiny - A Nation

Sarai's was to be his wife n this defined as the mother of nations

Rahab was a prostitute though she was reformed and married Boaz's father and thus the mother of David

Destiny... not all of us can be world beaters... but we can be the best at what we lay our hands on

It may be home wise or external

For every Abram in the bible, millions stayed in ur and died
For every Noah, millions died in the flood

You are mistaking destiny for dreams...

Destiny is God's purpose for your life... it might be to be a world class banker to solve some problems; it might be a Sunday school teacher to teach just one child; it might be to help just one child; it might be an evangelist etc.

God has given everyone the ability to do certain things well... Rom 12:6 and those things must not be wasted. Remember the parable of talents.
Re: The Woman: Her Destiny, Her Dreams, Her Talents And Her Man by coogar: 1:36pm On Nov 05, 2013
bukatyne: Some threads on Nairaland like 'Should a married woman sacrifice her dreams' etc. and other similar threads prompted this thread...

I want us to discuss The Woman as a topic under the following sub-topics:

Her Destiny: A woman is first a individual i.e. Shade, Titi, Ngozi etc. before being a wife, mother or daughter and she has a destiny to fulfill in her generation. This is what God has planned for her to be

Her Dreams: This is what she aspires to be (which should generally be in line with her destiny)

Her Talents: These are the gifts she has embedded inside of her to enable her fulfill her destiny

Her Man: This is her husband/fiancée that supports her and vice versa to achieve her destiny

Let's discuss on what we feel on each of the sub topics...

NO BASHING PLEASE

women should be encouraged & they should inspire themselves too that sky is the limit. i scoff when i go to any engineering class & i see 90% of the class are male students. however, when you go to other less mentally-tasking courses(drama, theatre arts, hairdressing courses, etc) women make up the majority.

on top of it all, these are the same women that would scream discrimination in wages forgetting they opted for the easier route right from the foundation. women should now know there's no more excuse not to achieve their dreams.
Re: The Woman: Her Destiny, Her Dreams, Her Talents And Her Man by bukatyne(f): 1:47pm On Nov 05, 2013
coogar:

women should be encouraged & they should inspire themselves too that sky is the limit. i scoff when i go to any engineering classes & i see 90% of the class are make students. however, when you go to other less mentally-tasking courses(drama, theatre arts, hairdressing courses, etc) women make up the majority.

on top of it all, these are the same women that would scream discrimination in wages forgetting they opted for the easier route right from the foundation. women should now know there's no more excuse not to achieve their dreams.

Ok, I like this Coogar!

You are correct.

I guess that's why I added the line in bolded; most women don't have dreams and have entitlement mentality!

I tell the girls around me that no girl deserve respect because she is a girl/woman! She earns it because of what she does/her conduct
Re: The Woman: Her Destiny, Her Dreams, Her Talents And Her Man by Nobody: 1:54pm On Nov 05, 2013
bukatyne:

Ok, I like this Coogar!

You are correct.

I guess that's why I added the line in bolded; most women don't have dreams and have entitlement mentality!

I tell the girls around me that no girl deserve respect because she is a girl/woman! She earns it because of what she does/her conduct

If only more women believed this. Sorry to say, some Nigerian women behave like African Americans, always claiming to be victims without doing anything to help themselves. If an AA becomes a criminal, he will say it is what the society expects him to be and that he is just a victim of the society.

If a Nigeria woman becomes a lazy, good for nothing wife that adds no value to herself or husband, she will say she is a victim of the society. Afterall she is a woman, so she is not expected to achieve anything!
Re: The Woman: Her Destiny, Her Dreams, Her Talents And Her Man by bukatyne(f): 1:56pm On Nov 05, 2013
Nashville:

If only more women believed this. Sorry to say, some Nigerian women behave like African Americans, always claiming to be victims without doing anything to help themselves. If an AA becomes a criminal, he will say it is what the society expects him to be and that he is just a victim of the society.

If a Nigeria woman becomes a lazy, good for nothing wife that adds no value to herself or husband, she will say she is a victim of the society. Afterall she is a woman, so she is not expected to achieve anything!

Give us time,

We will get there! wink

It is also your duty to help the women in your lives see this... Support her and spur her to greatness and see how she soars....
Re: The Woman: Her Destiny, Her Dreams, Her Talents And Her Man by Nobody: 1:57pm On Nov 05, 2013
What I don't understand is why women are often in such dire need of men and of marriage. I think if more women begin to stand alone and choose for themselves what they and only they want, and not what the society wants, just maybe they'll gain more respect among the menfolk.

2 Likes

Re: The Woman: Her Destiny, Her Dreams, Her Talents And Her Man by Nobody: 1:58pm On Nov 05, 2013
bukatyne:

Give us time,

We will get there! wink

It is also your duty to help the women in your lives see this... Support her and spur her to greatness and see how she soars....

More like guys should avoid women that see themselves as a mere domestic appendage and nothing more!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Touching Story Of A Mother & Son / My Wife thank you / What Do Today's Men Want From Their Women?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.