Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,892 members, 7,828,153 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:32 AM

OMG! I Am A Christian, And I Didn't Even Know It. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / OMG! I Am A Christian, And I Didn't Even Know It. (1744 Views)

10 Practical Ways To Battle Sexual Temptation In A Christian's Life / Things That A Christian Shouldn't Buy Or Sell / I Am A Christian And Love God But I Still Keep Fornicating (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

OMG! I Am A Christian, And I Didn't Even Know It. by plaetton: 6:03pm On Oct 31, 2013
During my recent search for a religion as a means to a longer life, my NL friend Deepsight, came to my assistance by referring me to a website , I assume, to help me reflect on the deeper meanings of the christian message.

This is what he wrote:

Deep Sight:

Your sarcasm aside.

http://www.sermoncentral.com/bible.asp?sscat=bible&sitesearch=ros-matthew%205&rk=matthew%205&Keyword=matthew%205

The world is a school.

Now, at the above website, as you can clearly see, Jesus waxes eloquently at the Sermon On The Mount.
As I was reading through the words of Jesus,
The following struck me like thunder:

5 Blessed are the meek,
for they will inherit the earth.

6 Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness,
for they will be filled.

7 Blessed are the merciful,
for they will be shown mercy.

8 Blessed are the pure in heart,
for they will see God.

9 Blessed are the peacemakers,
for they will be called children of God.

10 Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

13 “You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled underfoot.

14 “You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden.

Then it struck me again.
OMG!
Am I already a christian without even knowing it?

I am meek,
I am very humble,
i thirst for rigteousness
I I am merciful,
I have a pure heart and a kindred spirit.
I love peace, a peacemaker.
I am often insulted and ridiculed because of my stand on justice and accountability.

Wow!
Jesus says that I am already blessed.
Hurray!

I don't need anything else. No church, perhaps no Bible, No MOG.
I don"t need to pay anyone 10% of my earnings.

I am the salt of the earth, so says Jesus himself.
I neither need to fear hell nor the phantom devourer.

I am free, I am blessed.
And I did it without even going to church for the past 20 yrs or so.

So now, as far as I am concerned, Jesus, by his own indisputable and unadulterated words, by the above sited Sermon On The Mount, has given me a visa and a ticket to heaven to see god, no bullshyt included.

So now, I am packed, I am ready, I am armed with my visa and ticket to board to ship to heaven.
Now, also, before I board that ship to heaven, I have been given a form (immigration) to fill out, and I hereby make the following declarations on that form:

1. I am armed with the golden words of Jesus as my visa and ticket to heaven.
2. I do not believe that Yahweh created a log of wood, let alone the universe.
3. I do not believe that God Exists, or that the universe even needs one. Of course, seeing is believing, so I am looking forward to seeing in order to believe.
4. I do not believe nor give a rat's bottom whether Jesus was born of a virgin or a grandma.
5. I do not believe nor do I give a rat's behind whatever is said to have happened to him at the cross, died or not, resurrected or not.
6. I do not care for Paul, his lies, his ramblings nor the monstrosity that he caused to be built upon humankind called church.
7. And Lastly, I have not paid any tithe, but I carry my checkbook with me in case I am compelled to pay backtaxes with interests and penalties to the heavenly one.

So now, I am set to embark on my journey to heaven.

So now, my big question is:

Who amongst you NL christians, you churchtians, you champions, who amongst you, Goshem360, Ajibam, Frosbel, joshthefirst, image123, Italo,
Obadiah777, etc, etc, who amongst you immigration officials, challenges me as I embark on the the boat of heaven on the authority of Jesus?

3 Likes

Re: OMG! I Am A Christian, And I Didn't Even Know It. by merzybenedict(m): 6:10pm On Oct 31, 2013
what is this one saying..?..coz u r innocent of those things..u don't wanna go 2 church,pay tithes,etc...i think u made mention of goin 2 heaven earlier..?..datz a miztake jst lyk sum mixtape...b ready 2 embark on d journey of d opposite of heaven.....durh...comment de 1st tho...glowie 2 GOD in da HIGHEST.!
Re: OMG! I Am A Christian, And I Didn't Even Know It. by lirusehn(m): 6:30pm On Oct 31, 2013
U a confused b*tch. Go get a life
Re: OMG! I Am A Christian, And I Didn't Even Know It. by Nobody: 6:53pm On Oct 31, 2013
aint nobody got time to read ya gaddem thesis smdh tongue
Re: OMG! I Am A Christian, And I Didn't Even Know It. by Ajibam: 6:54pm On Oct 31, 2013
this above texts is not for you because they believe in God and the fullness of God in the person speaking to them...but you deny God existence, so,how are you a Christian?

you are not the salt and the light if the world cause you deny the supremacy if the speaker..
if you promise your friend a car and you find out that he doubt you and disbelieve you,will you give him again?
no..
you will give another person that believes in you...

you are not a Christian, Christian are small Christ that believes in God and act, lives, speak like Christ.. you don't posses those things...

forsake not the gathering of the brethren...

anyway, safe journey
I pray Jesus reveal himself to you and you will be a powerful vessel of salvation..
Shalom

1 Like

Re: OMG! I Am A Christian, And I Didn't Even Know It. by Ajibam: 6:55pm On Oct 31, 2013
obadiah777: aint nobody got time to read ya gaddem thesis smdh tongue
grin

the guy is confusedgrin
Re: OMG! I Am A Christian, And I Didn't Even Know It. by Nobody: 7:01pm On Oct 31, 2013
Ajibam: grin

the guy is confusedgrin
as usual lol. plaetton is always confused cheesy
Re: OMG! I Am A Christian, And I Didn't Even Know It. by Image123(m): 7:03pm On Oct 31, 2013
@OP
Are you a follower of Jesus?

verses found.

Mat 16:24 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.
Re: OMG! I Am A Christian, And I Didn't Even Know It. by Nobody: 7:05pm On Oct 31, 2013
Plaetton,

Did you really expect christians to take you seriously?

1 Like

Re: OMG! I Am A Christian, And I Didn't Even Know It. by Nobody: 7:07pm On Oct 31, 2013
Logicboy03: Plaetton,

right ? lol. i sooner take bozo the clown more serious than that heathen plaetton. at least bozo knows that he is a clown lmao cheesy

1 Like

Re: OMG! I Am A Christian, And I Didn't Even Know It. by Joshthefirst(m): 7:13pm On Oct 31, 2013
obadiah777: right ? lol. i sooner take bozo the clown more serious than that heathen plaetton. at least bozo knows that he is a clown lmao cheesy
grin grin grin grin grin
Lol.

1 Like

Re: OMG! I Am A Christian, And I Didn't Even Know It. by plaetton: 7:18pm On Oct 31, 2013
@Abijam, Image123 & Obadiah777,

Jesus said in black and white that I posses all the qualities heaven requires. If I am standing on the strength of those words of Jesus, who dares to add or contradict Jesus?.

Are you guys saying that your mortal opinions, your mortal understandings are somehow superior to Jesus?

Shouldn't Jesus know better than you guys, who are following the much embellished and distorted versions of his message?

I find it shocking that you would attempt to innocuously repudiate and minimize the golden teachings of Jesus.
Do not forget, Jesus was preaching to everyone, not to Christians.

2 Likes

Re: OMG! I Am A Christian, And I Didn't Even Know It. by Ajibam: 7:20pm On Oct 31, 2013
Logicboy03: Plaetton,

another confused dudegrin

1 Like

Re: OMG! I Am A Christian, And I Didn't Even Know It. by Ajibam: 7:21pm On Oct 31, 2013
obadiah777: right ? lol. i sooner take bozo the clown more serious than that heathen plaetton. at least bozo knows that he is a clown lmao cheesy

damngrin...

1 Like

Re: OMG! I Am A Christian, And I Didn't Even Know It. by Joshthefirst(m): 7:22pm On Oct 31, 2013
plaetton: @Abijam, Image123 & Obadiah777,

Jesus said in black and white that I posses all the qualities heaven requires. If Ia m standing on the strength of those words of Jesus, who dares to add or contradict Jesus.
Are you guys saying that you mortal opinions, your mortal understandings are somehow superior to Jesus?

Shouldn't Jesus know better than you guys, who are the following the much embellished and distorted versions of his message?

I find it shocking that you would attempt to innocuously repudiate and minimize the golden teachings of Jesus.
what are you saying?

Matthew 5:1 And seeing the multitudes, he went up into a mountain: and when he was set, his disciples came unto him: 2 And he opened his mouth, and taught them, saying,
He was talking to his disciples.

Have you been persecuted for righteousness? Do you even hunger and thirst for righteousness?
Forgive me sir, I am not trying to judge, but you are a self-admitted breaker of Gods law.
Re: OMG! I Am A Christian, And I Didn't Even Know It. by Nobody: 7:23pm On Oct 31, 2013
Ajibam:

Confused about what? Or did you just assume that I'm supporting Plaetton cos I am an atheist?

Ajibollocks?

1 Like

Re: OMG! I Am A Christian, And I Didn't Even Know It. by Nobody: 7:26pm On Oct 31, 2013

Jesus said in black and white that I posses all the qualities heaven requires. If I am standing on the strength of those words of Jesus, who dares to add or contradict Jesus?.

Are you guys saying that your mortal opinions, your mortal understandings are somehow superior to Jesus?

Shouldn't Jesus know better than you guys, who are following the much embellished and distorted versions of his message?

all that mess you put up there is WORKS. you need FAITH too. its like having eba with no stew. useless cheesy
Re: OMG! I Am A Christian, And I Didn't Even Know It. by Nobody: 7:27pm On Oct 31, 2013
Ajibam:

righttttttt lol. confusion break bone cheesy
Re: OMG! I Am A Christian, And I Didn't Even Know It. by Joshthefirst(m): 7:27pm On Oct 31, 2013
obadiah777: all that mess you put up there is WORKS. you need FAITH too. its like having eba with no stew. useless cheesy
lwtmb

Eba and stew? Abegi ooo.
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: OMG! I Am A Christian, And I Didn't Even Know It. by Joshthefirst(m): 7:29pm On Oct 31, 2013
Logicboy03:

Confused about what? Or did you just assume that I'm supporting Plaetton cos I am an atheist?

Ajibollocks?
you've been sounding strange all day. undecided
Re: OMG! I Am A Christian, And I Didn't Even Know It. by Ajibam: 7:34pm On Oct 31, 2013

Judas was there too...he later failed..

you posess all the qualities, but you don't know it and you can't find it in a confused position that you are..

it just like you were told that a door leads to your success and you can't find the key and the location of the door...

confused thing....
you are just veiled, only God can remove it..
Re: OMG! I Am A Christian, And I Didn't Even Know It. by Nobody: 7:34pm On Oct 31, 2013
Joshthefirst: you've been sounding strange all day. undecided

Or maybe you are wearing strange glasses

1 Like

Re: OMG! I Am A Christian, And I Didn't Even Know It. by Nobody: 7:36pm On Oct 31, 2013
Joshthefirst: lwtmb

Eba and stew? Abegi ooo.
grin grin grin grin grin grin
the man wan slide into heaven with only works. like the pharisee of old grin
Re: OMG! I Am A Christian, And I Didn't Even Know It. by Ajibam: 7:38pm On Oct 31, 2013
Logicboy03:

Ajibollocks?

ajibullocks

angry
Re: OMG! I Am A Christian, And I Didn't Even Know It. by Nobody: 7:39pm On Oct 31, 2013
Ajibam:

ajibullocks

angry

bollocks mate
Re: OMG! I Am A Christian, And I Didn't Even Know It. by Ajibam: 7:41pm On Oct 31, 2013
Joshthefirst: you've been sounding strange all day. undecided
he has been on torch sized weed since September..

am sad cry
Re: OMG! I Am A Christian, And I Didn't Even Know It. by plaetton: 7:53pm On Oct 31, 2013
Ajibam: grin

the guy is confusedgrin

What is confusing about the simple message of the humble Nazerene?.

You guys really crack me up.

No wonder Christianity is a make-it-up-as-you-go religion.

Jesus said something, and here are you guys, you befuddled and benumbed Africans who have been served the toxic remnants of Pauline doctrine, sidestepping, belittling, trying to twist, and even trying to repudiate the exact unfiltered words of the man whom you worship as god.

Wonders! shocked

Na waaa oooo.
shocked

1 Like

Re: OMG! I Am A Christian, And I Didn't Even Know It. by plaetton: 7:56pm On Oct 31, 2013
Joshthefirst: what are you saying?

Matthew 5:1 And seeing the multitudes, he went up into a mountain: and when he was set, his disciples came unto him: 2 And he opened his mouth, and taught them, saying,
He was talking to his disciples.

Have you been persecuted for righteousness? Do you even hunger and thirst for righteousness?
Forgive me sir, I am not trying to judge, but you are a self-admitted breaker of Gods law.

Are you trying to say that one aspect of Jesus teachings can supercede another aspect?
Re: OMG! I Am A Christian, And I Didn't Even Know It. by Joshthefirst(m): 8:02pm On Oct 31, 2013
plaetton:

Are you trying to say that one aspect of Jesus teachings can supercede another aspect?
I'm trying to say two things sir.

1. Jesus was talking to his disciples, his followers, who believed in him and believed he was the messiah.

2. Righteousness has a definition. If you fail to meet up with the standards of righteousness, then you"re not blessed.

Interpret scripture with scripture sir. Yes. One aspect of scripture can shed more light and explain another or bear witness with another.

As image123 has said, are you jesus' disciple?
Re: OMG! I Am A Christian, And I Didn't Even Know It. by Nobody: 8:07pm On Oct 31, 2013
plaetton:

Forget the lost cause....this is the real stuff
https://www.nairaland.com/1500039/5-problems-heaven

1 Like

Re: OMG! I Am A Christian, And I Didn't Even Know It. by plaetton: 8:12pm On Oct 31, 2013
Joshthefirst: I'm trying to say two things sir.

1. Jesus was talking to his disciples, his followers, who believed in him and believed he was the messiah.

2. Righteousness has a definition. If you fail to meet up with the standards of righteousness, then you"re not blessed.

Interpret scripture with scripture sir. Yes. One aspect of scripture can shed more light and explain another or bear witness with another.

As image123 has said, are you jesus' disciple?

You are flatly wrong sir.
Flatly, with emphasis.

The sermon on the mount was not for disciples.
It was for the general public.

Or are you now insinuating that Jesus can say one thing to his disciples and then say a contradicting thing to the general public?

Whom did Jesus come to save , his disciples, or the whole world?

Do you see how silly your argument is?
undecided

2 Likes

Re: OMG! I Am A Christian, And I Didn't Even Know It. by plaetton: 8:26pm On Oct 31, 2013
Image123: @OP
Are you a follower of Jesus?

verses found.

Mat 16:24 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

Fail!
Zero!
Kpondo!

Just show how quickly you twist miesters can whip up a bible verse or two to obfuscate just about any issue.

Jesus was speaking to a multitude at the Sermon on the mount.
Secondly, it would be quite incongruous to suggest that what is good for the disciples is different , or not suitable or not good for the multitude.

He said many things in that sermon.
I chose the particular ones, without contradictions, where he was addressing me.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

3 Reasons Why A Christian Should Speak In Tongues. / U.S Congressman Healed Of 66 Years Of Lameness By Prophet Branham / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.