Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,204 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:38 PM

U.S Congressman Healed Of 66 Years Of Lameness By Prophet Branham - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / U.S Congressman Healed Of 66 Years Of Lameness By Prophet Branham (1709 Views)

Twin Sisters Healed Of Insanity At Dunamis. Enenche & Wife In Tears (Photos) / Letter Of Covenant Written By Prophet Mohammed(pbuh) To All Christians / Prophecy About Nigeria By Prophet Sadhu Sundar Selvaraj (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

U.S Congressman Healed Of 66 Years Of Lameness By Prophet Branham by paulGrundy(m): 1:31pm On Nov 22, 2015
....Congressman William Upshaw prayed for healing all his life. Even in 1951, at eighty-four years of age, he was still seeking that "appropriating faith" that he believed would deliver him from the crutches that had been his companions for more than half of a century. It was a time when the ministry of the healing revivalists was at the peak of its popularity, and the Congressman had sought the prayers of the most well-known ministers of the day, including William Freeman, Oral Roberts, and Wilbur Ogilvie. But, as he later testified, "I just could not take hold and walk out."

At a meeting of the Southern Baptist Convention, of which he served twice as vice-president, he became acquainted with a man named Dr. Roy Davis who told him about a young minister he had ordained many years before at the Baptist church in his home town of New Albany, Indiana. That young man was now crossing the country praying for people, and his ministry was unlike that of others. He suggested that the Congressman seek him out. His name was William Branham.

On the evening of May 2, 1951, Brother William Branham had finished preaching his message and was preparing to call a prayer line to the pulpit. The sanctuary of Calvary Temple in Los Angeles, California, had been packed every night of the campaign, but of the hundreds that had come seeking healing, only a handful each night would have their prayer card number called to pass before him in the discernment line. Suddenly, even before the line could form, a vision broke before him and he related to the audience what he was seeing:

"A young man falling from a hay stack and braking his back. A doctor with a white mustache and glasses that sit low on his nose, working on the young man, but to no avail. The youngster grows to become a famous person who writes books. People are applauding him."
When the vision left him, Brother Branham once again turned to the ushers and began to call for the prayer line to be formed. Brother Ern Baxter, the manager of the campaign, stepped to his side and told him that the man from the vision was in the building and had identified himself to an usher. His name was William D. Upshaw, a former congressman of the United States, and he wanted to speak to Brother Branham. A microphone was handed down to where the invalid statesman sat in his wheelchair. "My son," he asked, "how did you know that I fell and hurt myself when I was a boy?"
"I can't tell you, sir," was the reply. "I can only say what I see."
"God bless you, my boy," the elderly man responded.

For the next few moments, the audience sat riveted as people passed before the humble man of God and were told of their ailments. "Others were being healed all around me," the congressman wrote later in his testimony. "Then, Brother Branham lifted his hands, saying, `Lay your hands over on each other.' A great volume of of prayer ascended throughout the audience of more than 3000. Angels were hovering near!"*

Exhausted, Brother Branham was carried from the platform, but before he could exit the building, once again, by vision, he saw William Upshaw, and this time he was walking down the street without the aid of his crutches! A moment later, Brother LeRoy Kopp, pastor of Calvary Temple, rushed to the pulpit and announced, "Brother Branham says, `The congressman is healed.'"

Instantly, a man that had not walked for sixty-six years stood to his feet and started toward the pulpit.

William Upshaw retained the full use of his legs for the remainder of his life, and he traveled across the country testifying of his healing. Shortly before his death at age 86, he published his testimony in a tract which he sent to every Senator and member of the House of Representatives, President Truman, Winston Churchill, and King George of England. He died November 21, 1952 and was buried in Forest Lawn Cemetery.

In a message entitled "Who Hath Believed Our Report?", preached on July 19, 1951, referring to Congressman Upshaw's healing, Brother Branham said:

"I feel that he was the one that the Angel of the Lord was referring to when He met me and said, `You'll pray for great men, statesmen, kings of the earth.'"

*Other Excerpts Above From The Tract: "I'm Standing On The Promises," Written by Congressman Upshaw in 1952.
In the photo below Congressman Upshaw is seen on the left, sitting in the front, with his arms folded.

http://www.williambranhamhomepage.org/lupshaw.htm

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_David_Upshaw

Re: U.S Congressman Healed Of 66 Years Of Lameness By Prophet Branham by vooks: 1:36pm On Nov 22, 2015
Branham was a charlatan and a blasphemer

http://www.banner.org.uk/media/books/William%20Branham.pdf
Re: U.S Congressman Healed Of 66 Years Of Lameness By Prophet Branham by pneumaticos(m): 1:37pm On Nov 22, 2015
A chilling one here mr grundy

Keep up the work

2 Likes

Re: U.S Congressman Healed Of 66 Years Of Lameness By Prophet Branham by pneumaticos(m): 1:38pm On Nov 22, 2015
vooks:

How
Re: U.S Congressman Healed Of 66 Years Of Lameness By Prophet Branham by paulGrundy(m): 1:39pm On Nov 22, 2015
vooks:

Yes he did make mistakes, and grevious ones too, but the supernatural signs he carried were unmistakeable.

Cc lalasticala
Re: U.S Congressman Healed Of 66 Years Of Lameness By Prophet Branham by vooks: 1:44pm On Nov 22, 2015
paulGrundy:

Yes he did make mistakes, and grevious ones too, but the supernatural signs he carried were unmistakeable.

Cc lalasticala
There is not a SINGLE supernatural sign he ever performed. And even if he did, we test doctrine not signs.

For starters he lied about the halo, the cloud,cooked ALL his prophecies and staged their fulfilment just like TB Joshua.

Read that book. It is the most detailed account of a former Branhamite who hanged out with Branham.
Re: U.S Congressman Healed Of 66 Years Of Lameness By Prophet Branham by vooks: 1:44pm On Nov 22, 2015
pneumaticos:

How

Read that book
Re: U.S Congressman Healed Of 66 Years Of Lameness By Prophet Branham by pneumaticos(m): 1:54pm On Nov 22, 2015
vooks:

Read that book

Vooks it important to know that God is beyound human understanding.
the working of the spirit in each man is different hence the reasons why christianity seems to be confusing,to the extent you have bible believing pastors attacking each other...and yes I saw his mistake through his teachings...some churches even believe he is one of the end time prophecy as seen in revelation...but one thing I cannot dispute is that he was called by God....big mistake out of his spoken word massages, but all together called by God, so I leave him till the day come when I can fully understand why he said those things he said

3 Likes

Re: U.S Congressman Healed Of 66 Years Of Lameness By Prophet Branham by vooks: 2:17pm On Nov 22, 2015
pneumaticos:

the working of the spirit in each man is different hence the reasons why christianity seems to be confusing,to the extent you have bible believing pastors attacking each other...and yes I saw his mistake through his teachings...some churches even believe he is one of the end time prophecy as seen in revelation...but one thing I cannot dispute is that he was called by God....big mistake out of his spoken word massages, but all together called by God, so I leave him till the day come when I can fully understand why he said those things he said

God is beyond human understanding but He calls us to JUDGE prophecies and prophets. If a 'prophet' insisted on marathon sex with say your wife, you would not just 'leave him till the day come when I fully understand...'

We have the scriptures which are a yardstick we are supposed to measure doctrines. Perish personal revelations that contradict the revealed Word of God.

Am a Pentecostal or at least as close to one as you can get but this movement downplays scriptures and instead elevates experiences and revelations. I don't care if you can split Pacific Ocean or crack the moon into two, I need your doctrine right or I will rebuke you right away.
You can't dispute he was called of God? May I ask on what basis you arrive at this conclusion?
Re: U.S Congressman Healed Of 66 Years Of Lameness By Prophet Branham by paulGrundy(m): 7:45am On Nov 23, 2015
Re: U.S Congressman Healed Of 66 Years Of Lameness By Prophet Branham by IseOluwa777(m): 1:11pm On Nov 23, 2015
pneumaticos:

Could you possibly point out the mistakes you saw ,because I have been reading his sermons and can't really see any serious mistake that is not acceptable as a human being that he was.
Re: U.S Congressman Healed Of 66 Years Of Lameness By Prophet Branham by paulGrundy(m): 7:25am On Nov 29, 2015
IseOluwa777:

Could you possibly point out the mistakes you saw ,because I have been reading his sermons and can't really see any serious mistake that is not acceptable as a human being that he was.

Most of his sermons are not scriptural.
Re: U.S Congressman Healed Of 66 Years Of Lameness By Prophet Branham by IseOluwa777(m): 3:24pm On Nov 29, 2015
paulGrundy:

Most of his sermons are not scriptural.

Try to be specific because that is too general a statement you just made there.
Re: U.S Congressman Healed Of 66 Years Of Lameness By Prophet Branham by Pr0ton: 3:56pm On Nov 29, 2015
Healed in 1951.. Died in 1952.. That itself is a miracle.

1 Like

Re: U.S Congressman Healed Of 66 Years Of Lameness By Prophet Branham by paulGrundy(m): 4:29pm On Nov 29, 2015
Pr0ton:
Healed in 1951.. Died in 1952.. That itself is a miracle.

And you didn't see the part where it said he was 84.. That's the peak of most peoples life. Offcourse I wasn't expecting a contrary comment from you.
Re: U.S Congressman Healed Of 66 Years Of Lameness By Prophet Branham by Anas09: 6:53pm On Nov 29, 2015
I have misgivings when a man's test of mimistry is based largely on Miracles. He performs loftly miracles but anytime he speaks, he contradicts or shd I say blaspheme the scriptures? This guy actually likened the Trinity to the three unclean FROGS? And someone is here calling him a man of God? Really?
This man was a Muhammed of America. They come out always claiming Angels telling them unscriptural things which only them can verify.
His own Trinity, Mother Nature (his own Bible) Zodiac (second Bible) then. The great pyramid. A man who finds God in nature, just like the Christian scientists. And Grail Message.
Abeg Bible students, I need someone to tell me where any Apostle or Jesus Himself diagnosed a disease by the Vibration on his right hand in the Bible.

Ah. Worst part is, the guy has little or no knowledge of the scriptures.
This is TB Joshua of that generation.
Re: U.S Congressman Healed Of 66 Years Of Lameness By Prophet Branham by Nobody: 8:19pm On Nov 29, 2015
vooks:

LOL...if you have a little measure of the holy spirit you wouldn't have said that. Branham was a true messenger of God sent to the gentiles in this age. Humble yourself before God and make enquiries from Him before making ignorant statements.

Don't worry, very soon when Christ rapture his bride, we shall know who the charlatans are! Less than 10 years from now it will be as clear as day.
Re: U.S Congressman Healed Of 66 Years Of Lameness By Prophet Branham by vooks: 8:28pm On Nov 29, 2015
DoubleDeeX:

LOL...if you have a little measure of the holy spirit you wouldn't have said that. Branham was a true messenger of God sent to the gentiles in this age. Humble yourself before God and make enquiries from God before making ignorant statements.

Don't worry, very soon when Christ rapture his bride, we shall know who the charlatans are! Less than 10 years from now it will be clear as day.

Here comes another Branhamite
I have studied the man at length and I know he never made innocent errors but was a son of Belial from hell. He taught serpent seed, lied about his prophecies, halos and the cloud. He was a polished but illiterate crook. Fools like you who fell for him thought he would resurrect on Easter 1965 grin cheesy

Tell me, who told you Jesus is coming in less than ten years from now? What spirit is that which contradicts Jesus',Paul's and Peter's words that NOBODY knows the time?
Re: U.S Congressman Healed Of 66 Years Of Lameness By Prophet Branham by Nobody: 8:46pm On Nov 29, 2015
vooks:

Here comes another Branhamite
I have studied the man at length and I know he never made innocent errors but was a son of Belial from hell. He taught serpent seed, lied about his prophecies, halos and the cloud. He was a polished but illiterate crook. Fools like you who fell for him thought he would resurrect on Easter 1965 grin cheesy

Tell me, who told you Jesus is coming in less than ten years from now? What spirit is that which contradicts Jesus',Paul's and Peter's words that NOBODY knows the time?

You just called me a fool? Pride Smh!!! That's why the spirit of truth would never be able to live in you. Humble yourself before God and make spiritual enquiries before spewing ignorance...

Stop analyzing the word of God with human wisdom and philosophy; go spiritual in humility and honesty through fasting and prayers and you will find answers!

I'm not that type of Branham's follower; I don't worship the man, but I say the truth when I confirm it in the holy ghost. The man's teachings are all biblical and true. So, stop shouting and go spiritual; trust me, your human knowledge and study has failed in this one.
Re: U.S Congressman Healed Of 66 Years Of Lameness By Prophet Branham by vooks: 8:52pm On Nov 29, 2015
DoubleDeeX:

You just called me a fool? Pride Smh!!! That's why the spirit of truth would never be able to live in you. Humble yourself before God and make spiritual enquiries before spewing ignorance...

Stop analyzing the word of God with human wisdom and philosophy; go spiritual in humility and honesty through fasting and prayers and you will find answers!

I'm not that type of Branham's follower; I don't worship the man, but I say the truth when I confirm it in the holy ghost. The man's teachings are all biblical and true. So, stop shouting and go spiritual; trust me, your human knowledge and study has failed in this one.

Even the staunchest Branhamites know his teachings were full of bullsh*t. It's unfortunate that after prayer and fasting and humility you are still blind to his errors. Read the book I have shared. They say he best place to hide stuff from Negroes is books. Don't live up to that cliche

And you never answered me. What spirit gave you a ten year timeline for Jesus return, surely not he Spirit of Christ because He would never contradict Jeaus Christ
Re: U.S Congressman Healed Of 66 Years Of Lameness By Prophet Branham by Nobody: 1:55pm On Dec 04, 2015
vooks:

Even the staunchest Branhamites know his teachings were full of bullsh*t. It's unfortunate that after prayer and fasting and humility you are still blind to his errors. Read the book I have shared. They say he best place to hide stuff from Negroes is books. Don't live up to that cliche

And you never answered me. What spirit gave you a ten year timeline for Jesus return, surely not he Spirit of Christ because He would never contradict Jeaus Christ

You don't have to believe me brother. The rapture is the beginning of the second coming of Christ and it's not meant for all. Not all believers are going to be taken in the rapture, some saints of God would he left behind to be tried in the furnace of afflication.

So if you see yourself not accepting the end time message then you are unarguably one of the foolish virgins (Not an insult, I meant the foolish virgins in Jesus' parable). If you are not in the end time message, you won't be able to know what God's righteousness in this age is...only the spirit of truth reveals this because the Antichrist has brought into the body of Christ the "it doesn't matter" message and the wheat must be separated from the tares; He said he will send his reapers to do this, that's why you see anointing everywhere but no message of truth attached to it. So if you are following only the anointing and forget the sound word you will be lost and the rapture will strike without you knowing.

Whatever works for you sha. But I will advice you to go spiritual through prayers and fasting if you want to know the truth about the messages I'm passing accross....do the same for Branhams' teachings if you want God to reveal the to truth about it to you.
Re: U.S Congressman Healed Of 66 Years Of Lameness By Prophet Branham by vooks: 2:25pm On Dec 04, 2015
DoubleDeeX:

You don't have to believe me brother. The rapture is the beginning of the second coming of Christ and it's not meant for all. Not all believers are going to be taken in the rapture, some saints of God would he left behind to be tried in the furnace of afflication.

So if you see yourself not accepting the end time message then you are unarguably one of the foolish virgins (Not an insult, I meant the foolish virgins in Jesus' parable). If you are not in the end time message, you won't be able to know what God's righteousness in this age is...only the spirit of truth reveals this because the Antichrist has brought into the body of Christ the "it doesn't matter" message and the wheat must be separated from the tares; He said he will send his reapers to do this, that's why you see anointing everywhere but no message of truth attached to it. So if you are following only the anointing and forget the sound word you will be lost and the rapture will strike without you knowing.

Whatever works for you sha. But I will advice you to go spiritual through prayers and fasting if you want to know the truth about the messages I'm passing accross....do the same for Branhams' teachings if you want God to reveal the to truth about it to you.

What works for me is the scriptures.
Scriptures are very clear that NOBODY knows when Jesus is coming back; we may see signs and all but putting a definite timeline even Jesus Christ Himself would not do.

So my problem with your post is not 'rapture' or Christ's return but your outrageous claim that it is happening WITHIN ten years. This is not only extrabiblical but it contradicts the revealed word of God.

You are free to take offense and throw all the straw men at me but you have gone against the word of God.

I would have believed that all Believers at least highly regard the words of our Lord Jesus Christ. It's sad that you don't .

About your prescription of prayer and fasting
1. No amount of human activity- praying,fasting and whatever you want can change this simple truth; NOBODY KNOWS THE TIME

Matthew 24:36 (KJV)
But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only

2. No amount of praying and fasting can change the heresies of William Branham into the truth starting with Serpent Seed nonsense
Re: U.S Congressman Healed Of 66 Years Of Lameness By Prophet Branham by Nobody: 6:00pm On Dec 04, 2015
vooks:

What works for me is the scriptures.
Scriptures are very clear that NOBODY knows when Jesus is coming back; we may see signs and all but putting a definite timeline even Jesus Christ Himself would not do.

So my problem with your post is not 'rapture' or Christ's return but your outrageous claim that it is happening WITHIN ten years. This is not only extrabiblical but it contradicts the revealed word of God.

You are free to take offense and throw all the straw men at me but you have gone against the word of God.

I would have believed that all Believers at least highly regard the words of our Lord Jesus Christ. It's sad that you don't .

About your prescription of prayer and fasting
1. No amount of human activity- praying,fasting and whatever you want can change this simple truth; NOBODY KNOWS THE TIME

Matthew 24:36 (KJV)
But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only

2. No amount of praying and fasting can change the heresies of William Branham into the truth starting with Serpent Seed nonsense

Stop twisting my words brother, I never gave you a date and time; but a timeline which was received by revelation in this age. The problem is, people like you would never catch the endtime revelations because of pride...humble yourself and enquire from God Himself through prayers and stop condemning things you do not understand.

Put the spirit and message to the test and God will reveal the truth to you. But if you feel you know all and can judge spiritual things with worldly wisdom then you can carry on! The bride of Christ is well informed in this age, if you are one of them you would have known the timeline for the Lamb's wedding.

In fact for calling Bro Branham a fake shows how spiritually dead you are. Smh! I have nothing else to tell you. When the time comes, you will remember this message.

Shalom!
Re: U.S Congressman Healed Of 66 Years Of Lameness By Prophet Branham by vooks: 6:10pm On Dec 04, 2015
DoubleDeeX:

Stop twisting my words brother, I never gave you a date and time; but a timeline which was received by revelation in this age. The problem is, people like you would never catch the endtime revelations because of pride...humble yourself before God and enquire from God Himself through prayers and stop condemning things you do not understand.

God NEVER contradicts himself or His Word. So while I don't doubt your revelation, am dead sure it is not from God!

Guessing which day,week,year,month,decade or century Christ will return is all date setting which the Jesus Christ said NOBODY knows. So while you may think you are somebody privileged to know when Jesus is coming, you are actually deluded and a victim of seducing spirits.

Put the spirit and message to the test and God will reveal the truth to you.
Which is what I did and concluded that whichever spirit is whispering into your ears when Christ is returning is not the Holy Spirit

But if you feel you know all and can judge spiritual things but worldly wisdom then you can carry on! The bride of Christ is well informed in this age, if you are one of them you would have known the timeline for the Lamb's wedding.
I don't know all but I believe the words of Truth spoken by Jesus Christ hat NOBODY knows the day. So when I run into the deluded date setting gang like yourself, I know they are fakes or hearing demons

In fact for calling Bro Branham a fake shows how spiritually dead you are. Smh! I have nothing else to tell you. When the time comes, you will remember this message.

Shalom!
Branham was a heretic and there is little wonder only the confused Branhamites numbering less than a million still cling to his garbage. If God meant to pass on Hos end time message to the world using Branham, He clearly failed as Branham is a fringe cultic sect known by nobody. If there is any good in beer, it must have manifested in the drunkard who rammed into Branham dispatching him to hell instantly
Re: U.S Congressman Healed Of 66 Years Of Lameness By Prophet Branham by paulGrundy(m): 3:07pm On Jul 19, 2016

(1) (Reply)

[VIDEO] “MMM Is Satanic; If You Are Involved, You Are Demonic” – Apostle Suleman / How Benson Idahosa Blessed Aliko Dangote Into His Destiny / Is This The Coming Mark Of The Beast? {photo}

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.