Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,269 members, 7,818,925 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:18 AM

Jonathan, Amaechi, Dickson In Closed-door Meeting - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan, Amaechi, Dickson In Closed-door Meeting (17794 Views)

Buhari Will Defeat Jonathan, Amaechi Boasts / Pictures Of Jonathan & Amaechi In Port-Harcourt / Jonathan-Amaechi Face-Off: Patience Relocates To Port-Harcourt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan, Amaechi, Dickson In Closed-door Meeting by atlwireles: 12:27am On Nov 01, 2013
THERE were indications that President Goodluck Jonathan, the Rivers State Governor, Mr. Rotimi Amaechi, and his Bayelsa State counterpart, Mr. Seriake Dickson, on Thursday had a closed-door meeting in Rivers State.

The venue and agenda of the meeting were not clear as at the time of sending this report.

However, sources said the ongoing feud between the Peoples Democratic Party and the seven rebel governors loyal to the New PDP could be part of the discussion.

It was gathered that Amaechi and Dickson flew in the same chopper with Jonathan from the Port Harcourt International Airport to Okrika in Rivers State, where the remains of the President’s wife’s foster mother, late Mrs. Charity Oba, would be buried today (Friday).

A Government House source said Jonathan, Amaechi and Dickson might have met in the private residence of the President’s wife, Patience.

The source explained that the President, Amaechi and the Bayelsa State governor could cash in on the opportunity provided by the burial of Jonathan’s in-law to resolve their political differences.

Also, the Chief Press Secretary to the Rivers State Governor, Mr. David Iyofor, told The PUNCH that only Amaechi and Dickson, who were at the airport to receive the President, flew with him (Jonathan) in the chopper to Okrika.

Iyofor, however, said he could not ascertain if the President and the two governors had gone into a closed-door meeting when they got to Okrika.

“Governor Amaechi and the Bayelsa State Governor, Seriake Dickson, received the President at the Port Harcourt International Airport and the two governors joined the President in a chopper to Okrika.

“I am aware that they (Jonathan, Amaechi and Dickson) flew to Okrika in a chopper, but what I cannot say for now is whether they went into a closed-door meeting,” Iyofor said.

The PDP had been embroiled in a lingering crisis, which led to the emergence of the Alhaji Kawu Baraje-led New PDP.

However, ahead of the burial of the late Oba, security was beefed up around Okrika Local Government Area with soldiers, policemen and security operatives from other agencies stationed at different points to forestall any possible breakdown of law and order.
www.punchng.com/

1 Like

Re: Jonathan, Amaechi, Dickson In Closed-door Meeting by atlwireles: 12:28am On Nov 01, 2013
The APC E-RATS are about to do the NEEDFULL grin grin grin grin

22 Likes

Re: Jonathan, Amaechi, Dickson In Closed-door Meeting by jmaine: 12:30am On Nov 01, 2013
atlwireles: The APC E-RATS are about to do the NEEDFULL grin grin grin grin

grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Jonathan, Amaechi, Dickson In Closed-door Meeting by Nonybb: 1:01am On Nov 01, 2013
The Northern gang up have indeed disappointed Amechi. He is all alone now
Re: Jonathan, Amaechi, Dickson In Closed-door Meeting by BabaEleko(m): 2:34am On Nov 01, 2013
Naija Politicians don't trust themselves, anywhere wey den dey fly go now den must fly with their suspected enemy so that den go gada crash together if needful. Na the strategy wey Mr. Dullardthan use be that.

8 Likes

Re: Jonathan, Amaechi, Dickson In Closed-door Meeting by Jeel: 5:06am On Nov 01, 2013
Ameachi will bow. He has too hot die hard GEJites fighting him.
Re: Jonathan, Amaechi, Dickson In Closed-door Meeting by engrfcuksmtin(m): 5:09am On Nov 01, 2013
Amaechi is trying to "do the needful" grin grin
Re: Jonathan, Amaechi, Dickson In Closed-door Meeting by 3ace(m): 6:06am On Nov 01, 2013
Politicians with their selfish interest.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan, Amaechi, Dickson In Closed-door Meeting by SlyIg(f): 6:06am On Nov 01, 2013

NEEDFUL, abi?
Lol...
Re: Jonathan, Amaechi, Dickson In Closed-door Meeting by dridowu: 6:20am On Nov 01, 2013
No permanent friends or enemies in politics but only permanent selfish interest

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan, Amaechi, Dickson In Closed-door Meeting by boladez(m): 6:27am On Nov 01, 2013

Retardeen roaches are already doing the needed

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan, Amaechi, Dickson In Closed-door Meeting by Nobody: 6:44am On Nov 01, 2013
Let them just settle,it's a 'needful' directive from the Oduahgate.
Re: Jonathan, Amaechi, Dickson In Closed-door Meeting by yetunsbay(m): 6:58am On Nov 01, 2013
needful @ its peak

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan, Amaechi, Dickson In Closed-door Meeting by danot1030: 9:14am On Nov 01, 2013
where is wike, he is not as important here

1 Like

Re: Jonathan, Amaechi, Dickson In Closed-door Meeting by everyday: 9:55am On Nov 01, 2013
I do hope they are able to resolve their differences quickly
Re: Jonathan, Amaechi, Dickson In Closed-door Meeting by lif2uz(m): 10:01am On Nov 01, 2013
An end to their differences is NEEDFUL.
Re: Jonathan, Amaechi, Dickson In Closed-door Meeting by Wsdm: 10:02am On Nov 01, 2013
Where is Akpabio again Now? Abi him and Jonathan do start their own quarrel?
Re: Jonathan, Amaechi, Dickson In Closed-door Meeting by WHIZBRO(m): 10:08am On Nov 01, 2013
On behalf of NLanders(those without 50 usernames) I officially welcome the paid hacks and keyboard/keypard warriors to this thread(APC/PDP). I implore you to kindly step aside and let real (can't use sincere, that name has been disgraced by you know who) Nigerians have a robust conversation about this country.

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan, Amaechi, Dickson In Closed-door Meeting by ITbomb(m): 10:11am On Nov 01, 2013
Let them do the NEEDFUL

1 Like

Re: Jonathan, Amaechi, Dickson In Closed-door Meeting by Nobody: 10:13am On Nov 01, 2013
Conversation as it was captured and reported by a Yoruba fly on Stella Odua’s living room wall .
Stella: Old girl , how you dey ?
Friend: I dey O! People wan chop you raw because of two small cars .
Stella: No mind them, I chop pass my two female colleagues, the skinny one and the fat cheek one ?
Friend: You think say na them set you up ?
Stella: Who know ? Them too don dey avoid me, I flash them , no answer, I ping them, them no ping back, I BB them, for where ? .
Friend: Wetin Oga on top talk ?
Stella: He say make I relax becos he dey behind me like Iroko tree . He even say make I no go for the hearing, but I go there ,I show those little men my power nothing go happen, you know say their oga balls dey my pocket .
Friend: Wetin you wear go for the hearing, you show them those curves ? laughter…
Stella: I wear that Tie dye suit wey you give me for my birthday with matching head tie.
Friend: Wetin your ex-husband talk about all this wahallah ?
Stella: He say na God catch me .
Friend : You go resign ?
Stella: For where ? God forbid , You ever hear say Oba go transfer ?.. Laughter
Friend : You dey read the things wey dem dey talk about you for punch ?
Stella: I no dey read that Yoruba newspaper
Friend: Your Ibo brothers and sisters dey fight for you there O!
Stella : Make them dey fight for me , wetin them know ?..mugus.
Stella: Chukwudi !!! Come kill this fly for wall…
FLY.. Oh crap !!!… gat to go!!!!!
That was when the house boy sprayed it with insecticide and the fly managed to fly in to file this report , he is recovering in a local hospital.

9 Likes

Re: Jonathan, Amaechi, Dickson In Closed-door Meeting by Kalamaya: 10:23am On Nov 01, 2013
No mercy for the cripple after the criminal war.
Re: Jonathan, Amaechi, Dickson In Closed-door Meeting by Carsonv(m): 10:27am On Nov 01, 2013
It's not by flying in a chopper. 2015 you come down and enjoy the bad road legacy you have created.

Garden city indeed!
Re: Jonathan, Amaechi, Dickson In Closed-door Meeting by Nobody: 10:29am On Nov 01, 2013
grin when stubborn men are humbled

"It was pride that changed angels into devils; it is humility that makes men as angels." - Saint Augustine.

(1) (2) (Reply)

why yoruba are poor.17yrs mass stravation by biafra obasanjom/jonathan if yoruba / Dino Melaye: We Are Proceeding With Recall - INEC Chairman / Russia 2018: Buhari Congratulates The Super Eagles Over Their Victory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.