Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,494 members, 7,816,172 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:01 AM

Funny Experiences On Your First Trip To Naija After Being Abroad For A While - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Funny Experiences On Your First Trip To Naija After Being Abroad For A While (6439 Views)

A Nairalander's Experiences On The Train From Port-Harcourt To Kano In Pictures / * / Describe Your First Trip By Air (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Funny Experiences On Your First Trip To Naija After Being Abroad For A While by naijarikan(m): 8:32pm On Jun 23, 2006
People on this thread seem to have made it back to naija within three years.  But how about someone like me who went back home for the first time in over ten years?  My shock experience is incomparable.  I'm telling you, there is something physically different between naijas living in nigeria and those in diaspora.  First it was the heat that hit me the moment I stepped into murtala airport (thank God improvements have now been made).  Then there was the female custom officer called 'Iya ibeji' who demanded that I increase the bribe she asked from $5 to $20 because she said I procured my naija passport outside nigeria.  And there was the NEPA dilemma.  I would have to choose between using the generator and sleeping.  You see, the generator was located a few feet from my bedroom window, and when NEPA 'take light' at night, I would have to either turn on the generator to cool myself (and not sleep because of the generator noise) or pray to NEPA to give us power. smiley
Re: Funny Experiences On Your First Trip To Naija After Being Abroad For A While by howddy4(f): 12:46am On Jun 24, 2006
@ kazey, i agree w u for realest , everythings look so dirty n dusty, n undecided old, undecided
@ Eastcoast , don't even mention the heat , it just bombad u as u get off from the plane, who knows self if the airconditioners r working in the airport?
Re: Funny Experiences On Your First Trip To Naija After Being Abroad For A While by iice(f): 7:31pm On Jun 27, 2006
@naijarikan, thats terrible choosing between NEPA and the Gen. In my case it wasn't so much the heat coz i live in tropical place plus the weather and conditions are very similar to Lag but what stood out for me was the NEPA and the deadness of the city maybe coz i wasn't in Lag, i went home 2 ABJ and when its 1am the place is dead, am used to life moving thru out the day from sunset to sundown i mean u can always find somewhere open no matter the time, u can always get something 2 eat no matter the time, it drove me crazy for a few days but after that i settled right back in. NEPA drove me crazy but it wasnt as bad as i remembered i mean it wasn't constant blackout just regular blackouts LMAO, can't wait 4 my next visit hope then i would be pleasantly suprised grin
Re: Funny Experiences On Your First Trip To Naija After Being Abroad For A While by Scorpio(f): 10:32pm On Oct 17, 2006
zebudaya:

alarinjo you are funny how you go chop rice with donut on the side grin
lol, at least im own good na, i kno persin wey dey chop rice with muffins grin
Re: Funny Experiences On Your First Trip To Naija After Being Abroad For A While by JosBoy4Lif(m): 1:31am On Oct 18, 2006
Why you been dey wan expose persin for this thread. see your life, okay continue its good for you lipsrsealed
Re: Funny Experiences On Your First Trip To Naija After Being Abroad For A While by Scorpio(f): 4:30am On Oct 20, 2006
People, make una see me see wahala, Jboy, i call ur name, abi ur name na persin? grin
Re: Funny Experiences On Your First Trip To Naija After Being Abroad For A While by JosBoy4Lif(m): 6:22am On Oct 20, 2006
comeon nawww, so we fit talk in disguise ehn, no shaking ! undecided
Re: Funny Experiences On Your First Trip To Naija After Being Abroad For A While by Scorpio(f): 3:04am On Oct 21, 2006
lol, don't sweat it aiite
Re: Funny Experiences On Your First Trip To Naija After Being Abroad For A While by Ndipe(m): 1:07am On Nov 05, 2007
Have not had any significant cultural shock when I visit Nigeria. The only thing perhaps was maybe I was too trusting, but then again, nobody took me for a ride. I fit in easily when I visit home. It is always nice to be home
Re: Funny Experiences On Your First Trip To Naija After Being Abroad For A While by PrincessMo(f): 9:00pm On Apr 28, 2008
LMFAO @ rice and a side of donut. . .
SHXT I'm fallin off ma damn chair!!! LMAO!!  cheesy cheesy

Omg I had this really funny experience wen I went to naija
for the first time after 5 years. We live in the outskirts of abj
and so one day, ma bro and I wanted to take "a drop" to
the city center to have sum fun.
We hailed a cab and told him where we were goin. The following
conversation ensued:

Cab driver: To Wuse na 1000 naira.
(me and ma bro look at eachother)
Me (with ma british accent): WUH? 1000 WUH? Come on man!!
How bout 500 naira?
Cab driver: UNA DEY CRAZE!!! Una tink say I neva see money
before. Yeye oyinbo children!! Who una dey blow phoneh for? (drives
off VERY ANGRY!)

OMFG . . . I was shocked beyond words. I've neva been called Oyinbo
before or insulted in that manner. . . LMFAO!!! It was so funny I'm still
crackin up remembering it here!! LORD!!  grin
Re: Funny Experiences On Your First Trip To Naija After Being Abroad For A While by lucabrasi(m): 11:46pm On Apr 28, 2008
na wa o,anybody reading through this thread will think nigeria is the republic of congo or guinea bissau

rice and a side of doughnut-i dont know which tantalizers but i go to eateries in naija too and these girls are not that bad pls
heat and i wanted to return to the states-so theres no heat or hot weather in the states na wa o even egypt,dubai e.t.c with a hotter climate or a climate as hot as nigeria people rush their on holidays.

i dont know what part of lagos y'all have been spending your holidays,but if you have your money or live in the correct part of lagos or abuja and drive a good car then you wont experience all that

hmmn na wa o ,like u said im sure its cause its the outskirts of abuja because in a place like maitama,asokoro e.t.c where the likes of them atiku s children,ministers children get green cabs,trust me they wont be fazed with either british or american or ghana accent pls nigeria is not that bad unless you guys have not been hanging out in the right areas
Re: Funny Experiences On Your First Trip To Naija After Being Abroad For A While by HRhotness(f): 11:54pm On Apr 28, 2008
On every trip i get lost,,,

I always insist on driving myself and because lagos (V/I especially) is always changing
I end up either truning into a one-way street, or at a dead end miles from where i want to be, with a flat tyre in a questinable neighbourhood sorrounded by scary looking people, in trouble for making a wrong turn with either LASMA or the police or all of the above.

I usually end up in tears, scarred out of my pants, ringing every number on my phone until someone takes pity on me and rescues me,,,,

My last trip wasnt so bad, my cousin was on holiday from sch for a while so i had someone by me all the time (somehow i still managed to get lost a couple of times) embarassed
Re: Funny Experiences On Your First Trip To Naija After Being Abroad For A While by tRoOE(f): 3:10am On Apr 29, 2008

Too many, but this are the recents ones
The taxi driver scamming me, told me that I have to pay 1500 naira from Ikeja to Sabo, stupid me I paid it. It was until I got to my friend house that I knew the price was too high.lol.
it was also my fault, I wanted to do big girl, and didn’t want to tell anyone where I was going.

The same day I went to yaba with my friend oh, we took a bus from sabo to yaba, I paid for the fare and the conductor didn't want to give mychange oh, I was doing my best not to have an accents but ahaha it wasn't working, then I spoke to him in Yoruba, the conductor was laughing like wtf is girl speaking, my girl was laughing the whole time like it was funny. When it was time for us to get off the bus that was when wahala started, I afraid to
get off why the bus was still in motion, started begging the driver to stop completely so I can get off, if you see the way they laughed at me in the bus.
I knew what I did was risky, even when I was in Naija my parent never allowed us to take public transportation.
When I got home, my dumb self was happy to tell my bobo what i did that day, ahaha he was so angry, shouting that i want to kill myself and how his going to be held responsible for something had happen

And when I went to the hair dresser, I gave this lady 60 dollars to convert into Naira for me oh, to avoid my husband paying for my hair oh.

The lady came back with 3500 Naira, so i asked her where the remaining money were, then she said that was all the Hausa man gave her. Eya my face changed color fast fast, becos that same morning I changed some dollar, and $20 was 2300 Naira. This lady kept lying on and on how she didn’t steal the money. Trust me na true omo eko you wan scam me, are you mad. I was talking softly that either she gives me my money or I will arrest her, she thought I was joking at first, if not for my husband I will make her suffer that day. My man said let go iyawo, I wanted to cuss that one out too but ahaha i got to respect my him na, so i kept my cool.

And the 1st time the Nepa took the light, you should have seen how I ran out of the house, until I came back to my senses that i was in Naija cheesy cheesy cheesy.

Naija is crazy but in a funny way

Re: Funny Experiences On Your First Trip To Naija After Being Abroad For A While by PrincessMo(f): 10:44am On Apr 29, 2008
lucabrasi:

na wa o,anybody reading through this thread will think nigeria is the republic of congo or guinea bissau

rice and a side of doughnut-i don't know which tantalizers but i go to eateries in naija too and these girls are not that bad please
heat and i wanted to return to the states-so theres no heat or hot weather in the states na wa o even egypt,dubai e.t.c with a hotter climate or a climate as hot as nigeria people rush their on holidays.

i don't know what part of lagos y'all have been spending your holidays,but if you have your money or live in the correct part of lagos or abuja and drive a good car then you wont experience all that

hmmn na wa o ,like u said im sure its cause its the outskirts of abuja because in a place like maitama,asokoro e.t.c where the likes of them atiku s children,ministers children get green cabs,trust me they wont be fazed with either british or american or ghana accent please nigeria is not that bad unless you guys have not been hanging out in the right areas

We live a little' way outside the city center in a nice estate so it has nothin to do with
where we live. I don't drive and neither does ma bro. . . besides what does takin a
cab have to do with how much money u have? Depends on the situation at the
moment doesn't it? I'm sorry to say but naija is that bad! Seriously in your opinion,
how is Nigeria betta than congo? We need to improve on a lot of things.
There's no need to lace the truth with wuheva. . .
And oh please. . .the heat in naija is soooooo different. It would help if PHCN were responsible
enough. . .but they are pretty SHIT!! Besides it's annoyin that u're takin people's description
of the weather as a bad thing. It's just pointing out the difference between where we live
and Nigeria. Sure it does get hot in the summer here, but think about it, summer is only 3 to
4 months and then in comes the cold weather.
Re: Funny Experiences On Your First Trip To Naija After Being Abroad For A While by EloSela(f): 12:04pm On Apr 29, 2008
The first time I landed in Nigeria, after an 8-year break, I was happy but I couldn't believe how much the country had changed since I had been away. You see when I was there before, I had lived in a quiet town of Sapele and so to land in a fast and uncoordinated city like Lagos was quite a shock to the system.

I couldn’t believe the amount of children running in and out of traffic trying to sell bread and other items to car passengers. Then there were the cripples who were begging for money, also running in and out of traffic…that was heartbreaking to see. The worst thing though, was the lingering stench of the open sewers and gutters. I found it hard to let anything pass through my mouth for a few days because of that. I saw someone’s rotting leg on the Lagos Benin road and another dead body in a busy built up area…I think it was at Ojota.

The brunt of staying at my sister’s house in Ketu was alright although that was somewhat alleviated by the fact that I was just happy to be with my nieces and nephew whom I hadn’t met before. After my first bath, my skin reddened and puckered up in itchy rashes so much so that I had to boil each bucket of water and lace it with dettol in order to take my bath. The nights where they would take the light were unbearable. Sometimes there wouldn’t be any light for at least 2 or 3 days and then they would bring it back and take it again within the hour.

I also couldn’t get used to old Mama’s referring to me as Auntie, didn’t like the open abuse and fights in the market and didn’t like the fact that the buses did not stop but expected you do jump off once you reached your destination.

When I went home to Sapele, only the main street, Okpe Road had light but then it was so dim that it wasn’t worth having it on. Sapele had not changed at all…it fact things had gotten worst.

1 Like

Re: Funny Experiences On Your First Trip To Naija After Being Abroad For A While by lucabrasi(m): 1:41pm On Apr 29, 2008
PrincessMo:

We live a little' way outside the city center in a nice estate so it has nothin to do with
where we live. I don't drive and neither does ma bro. . . besides what does takin a
cab have to do with how much money u have? Depends on the situation at the
moment doesn't it? I'm sorry to say but naija is that bad! Seriously in your opinion,
how is Nigeria betta than congo? We need to improve on a lot of things.
There's no need to lace the truth with wuheva. . .
And oh please. . .the heat in naija is soooooo different. It would help if PHCN were responsible
enough. . .but they are pretty SHIT!! Besides it's annoyin that u're takin people's description
of the weather as a bad thing. It's just pointing out the difference between where we live
and Nigeria. Sure it does get hot in the summer here, but think about it, summer is only 3 to
4 months and then in comes the cold weather.

wasnt casting aspersions on your person or anything,just pointing out that some people go overboard with the whole nigeria is bad thing, rice and side of doughnut, pulessssss gimme a break as if nigeria is that backward or maybe he went to buy the rice and doughnut at a roadside eatery
i know nigeria has a lot of improvements to do definitely but the fact also is that the standards of living you get in nigeria is directly in propor tion to the person yu r staying with or where you live and their standard of living
Re: Funny Experiences On Your First Trip To Naija After Being Abroad For A While by lucabrasi(m): 1:49pm On Apr 29, 2008
if anyone wants to have a mosquito free,ghetto free,hassle free situation in nigeria then like all other places it depends on who you r staying with and their standard of living, if you live in ikoyi,lekki,vi, e.t.c or on the mainland ikeja gra,magodo,adeniyi jones e.t.c have an airconditioned car to yourself and the housemaid or whoever gets your fod ready and also have a generator then you will have a nice stay in nigeria, so if you get to lagos for instance and you r going to aj city to live then u cant blame anybody or if your going to agege or iyana ipaja or some working class area dont blame anybody for the horrible sight because even a lot of nigerians in nigeria will not live there as well,and its no magic as u will get mosquitos,kids with just pants running round,dirty places just like ghettoes in america,and run down areas in france in spite of its beauty,run down areas in uk too e.t.c
if u want to have a diffrent experience live in a nice area of lagos or any state,have acess to an airconditioned car,and there wont be any complaints for the fact that u r coming from abroad doesnt mean nigerians willhand you te keys to sheraton and give you the keys to a luxury car pls get real
Re: Funny Experiences On Your First Trip To Naija After Being Abroad For A While by dnative(m): 2:01pm On Apr 29, 2008
'What did you go out into the wilderness to see? A reed shaken by the wind?
But what went you out for to see? A man clothed in soft raiment? Behold, they which are gorgeously appareled, and live delicately, are in kings' courts' - Luke 7:24-25

Me too I tire o, the lengths folks go to just to show that life in naija is nowhere near their high flying lifestyles wherever they were coming from. Personally the best holidays I've had was when I go to naija. Forget all the heat, the dust,no light, the uncoordinated hustle-bustle, that's what makes naija naija. I go home most times as usual with very little expectations and I normally have the fun of my life. From the lows (eating amala and ewedu at onigbongbo, pounded yam and snail at shitta) to the highs (sipping champagne and caviar at protea back on the island), naija is as good as it can get.
Re: Funny Experiences On Your First Trip To Naija After Being Abroad For A While by HRhotness(f): 2:07pm On Apr 29, 2008
dnative:

Me too I tire o, the lengths folks go to just to show that life in naija is nowhere near their high flying lifestyles wherever they were coming from. Personally the best holidays I've had was when I go to naija. Forget all the heat, the dust,no light, the uncoordinated hustle-bustle, that's what makes naija naija. I go home most times as usual with very little expectations and I normally have the fun of my life. From the lows (eating amala and ewedu at onigbongbo, pounded yam and snail at shitta) to the highs (sipping champagne and caviar at protea back on the island), naija is as good as it can get.

Me too,  whenever they come pick me up at the airpot, there is always Gala waitin for me in the car
then for the first week or so i'm eating ewa agoyin and amala only  grin
then the clubbing, and partying, the beach, i even love the traffic because u see all sorts
plus i love going to yaba market,,,, its mental and u can get ridiculously cheep stuff grin
Re: Funny Experiences On Your First Trip To Naija After Being Abroad For A While by lucabrasi(m): 5:05pm On Apr 29, 2008
who said gala.wow, my first port of call from the airport is the university of suya at the end of allen avenue, yes and the ewa agonyin and agege bread, also ofada rice and the ofada stew s awesome in lagos country club, ikoyi club suya is awesome as well

dnative:

'What did you go out into the wilderness to see? A reed shaken by the wind?
But what went you out for to see? A man clothed in soft raiment? Behold, they which are gorgeously appareled, and live delicately, are in kings' courts' - Luke 7:24-25

seems we go to the same places man lol missing that amala in onigbogbo and pounded yam in shitta, sweating like some mo fo and almost finishing a whole bottle of water, you ll sleep off after that heavy meal and wake up refreshed, you need to check out tarmac at ogba and the fresh fish pepper soup,ghana high commision and the ghana food, yea the clubs on the island and in adittion dont forget golden gate and barcelos in gra
Re: Funny Experiences On Your First Trip To Naija After Being Abroad For A While by PrincessMo(f): 9:19pm On Apr 29, 2008
Nigeria's got nice things no doubt.
I enjoy eating suya and gala and alla the things
we don't get out here but I like to be realistic as well.
This topic isn't really for discussing
whether or not Nigeria is as bad as Congo
or wuheva (this I hate very much cos every
country has its own problems).
I have a lot of fun wen I go to Nigeria on vacation but there
are also sumtimes I jus feel like "damn. . . I've had enuff!"
Ain't nobody tryna condemn the Fatherland!
Not gunno make it seem like heaven either wen I don't
feel that way about it.
Re: Funny Experiences On Your First Trip To Naija After Being Abroad For A While by lucabrasi(m): 11:16pm On Apr 29, 2008
nigeria is not heaven and it defo has its bad sides and good but thats what makes it unique,thats why its nigeria the combo of negatives and positives,the energy and the carefree and warm attitude of everyone u meet both rich and poor thats naija for you, but most ppl r quick to condemn nigeria like some civil war s just been fought there or something, there are ghettoes,down town and up towns in every country includn western worlds, i know a street in manchester here that if u move into in the afternoon before that week runs out u ll be burgled or mugged same in london e.t.c
personally i love the mix of good and bad going clubbn on the island and then doing the parallel by going to kuramo beach with the street guys and having some shots of paraga, lol
its not heaven but defo not hell
Re: Funny Experiences On Your First Trip To Naija After Being Abroad For A While by tRoOE(f): 3:18am On Apr 30, 2008
Have never went to a buka before until last xmas
The first buka I went around amole around, my man friend took me there.
At first i was very relectant but the guy made me feel comfortable, omo i ate the pounded yam with drwa soup, couldn't eat the meat was too hard for me.

The day I was leaving Naija my guy took me to this place around GRA, we were coming from the pass port office hmmmmm the amala was good, they had all varieties of meats the stew was fried. By the time I was done eating, my shirt couldn’t button up becso I was too belle full.

@ lucabrasi
Barcelos chicken taste really good expect it's very expensive
I ate it so many times, the jollof rice is too dry for me and salad is okay.
The ice ream place is nice too, visited the cafe there to check my emails

Damn i can't wait for xams oh

The club around ikeja wasn't bad
did you visit the strip club there too
Re: Funny Experiences On Your First Trip To Naija After Being Abroad For A While by lucabrasi(m): 3:45pm On Apr 30, 2008
common now ,food is not expensive in nigeria now at least for you gys coming from overseas, lol
barcelos is awesome, the shawarma too is awesome 100 times better than what u get here,went to the strip club off allen avenue lol

the clubs in ikeja are ok,but they r a bit seedy with all the funny guys there i live close to g.r.a so i only went to the clubs there when im too tired to go all the way to the island,

dont waste ur time and money at them eateries,you should go to the bukas and mama puts, i ll recommend some for you when u r in lagos ,i almost never eat at home and the housegirl will report me to my step mum lmao
Re: Funny Experiences On Your First Trip To Naija After Being Abroad For A While by tRoOE(f): 8:21pm On Apr 30, 2008
Well looks expensive to me, maybe because i was judging by the last time I visited which was in 2003 then 2007.

Yea the Island club are better lol @ the funny guys, every time I was there people are always fighting.

I can't be eating buka food like that, I had an upset stomach before I left and after I got back here, they said I had a stomach virus sad. And you know our immune systems are different

But that doesn't mean I will stop eating it, just not on regularly basic, when next am going to Naija i will ask you for the other joint

Re: Funny Experiences On Your First Trip To Naija After Being Abroad For A While by bigbumper(f): 9:23pm On Apr 30, 2008
tRoOE:

. . . I can't be eating buka food like that, I had an upset stomach before I left and after I got back here, they said I had a stomach virus sad.

lucky bugger, even if I purposely set out to eat food prepared from buka inside gutter sef all in a bid to get an upset stomach in order to lose weight, I always fail miserably sad. Desperate times call for desperate measures.

And by the way, why are you people talking about food here, hmmn nigerian food, niger food, glorious glorious niger food, men I am hungry . . .
Re: Funny Experiences On Your First Trip To Naija After Being Abroad For A While by X2X(m): 9:44pm On Apr 30, 2008
@ lucabrasi & dnative -

Thanks for being real and true.

@dnative, I think the SQL in your signature can actually return > 0 rows.
Re: Funny Experiences On Your First Trip To Naija After Being Abroad For A While by lucabrasi(m): 11:52pm On Apr 30, 2008
tRoOE:

Well looks expensive to me, maybe because i was judging by the last time I visited which was in 2003 then 2007.

Yea the Island club are better lol @ the funny guys, every time I was there people are always fighting.

I can't be eating buka food like that, I had an upset stomach before I left and after I got back here, they said I had a stomach virus sad. And you know our immune systems are different

But that doesn't mean I will stop eating it, just not on regularly basic, when next am going to Naija i will ask you for the other joint

exactly,one thing im always scared of in nigeria especially is the fighting and any violence especially as im not big lol
you r missing out on these mama put fresh fish and amala or poundo,these eateries wont give you the authentic african recipes,another thing i love is these owanbe party jolloff rice cooked in that big pot and with wood fire , try it tastes unique
stomach virus ke,not me o i tell the driver to drop me on the road and ill buy akara and fried yam from one woman and eat on the road, even the woman knows me and gives me my first purchase on the house anytime im in naij on hols lol i drink enuff pure water and everything the only virus i get is the malaria fever one and i dont mess with that lagos sun as well

big_bumper:

lucky bugger, even if I purposely set out to eat food prepared from buka inside gutter sef all in a bid to get an upset stomach in order to lose weight, I always fail miserably sad. Desperate times call for desperate measures.

And by the way, why are you people talking about food here, hmmn nigerian food, niger food, glorious glorious niger food, men I am hungry . . .

i wish i could put on weight,with all the food experimenting i do right from the airport till my last day in naij, go to the nearest naija restaurant if u r hungry lol
X-2-X:

@ lucabrasi & dnative -

Thanks for being real and true.

@dnative, I think the SQL in your signature can actually return > 0 rows.

no worries,dats d way we do wink
Re: Funny Experiences On Your First Trip To Naija After Being Abroad For A While by tRoOE(f): 3:10am On May 01, 2008
big_bumper:

lmfao you are joking right cheesy cheesy, well maybe next time you should eat just garri and groundnut cheesy cheesy. But the funny thing is when i travel to Naija for vacation then return back to the US am also losing weight, but my ass gets bigger grin grin

In fact I don't know who started the whole food talk, i guess we missed the real Naija food.

lucabrasi:

exactly,one thing im always scared of in nigeria especially is the fighting and any violence especially as im not big lol
you r missing out on these mama put fresh fish and amala or poundo,these eateries wont give you the authentic african recipes,another thing i love is these owanbe party jolloff rice cooked in that big pot and with wood fire , try it tastes unique
stomach virus ke,not me o i tell the driver to drop me on the road and ill buy akara and fried yam from one woman and eat on the road, even the woman knows me and gives me my first purchase on the house anytime im in naij on hols lol i drink enough pure water and everything the only virus i get is the malaria fever one and i don't mess with that lagos sun as well

LOL you are mean or, are you trying to tease me with all these amala junction ni haba grin grin. These Dec i got to try at least 2 places from your food list tongue
Yes oh stomach virus, if I didn't buy the food myself, i would have said someone wanted to poison me, you need to see the way i was running and vomiting on the floor grin.
You are strong that's why you can buy akara outside, me i no fit try that.
LOL am not that strong grin, in fact they call me argic cool
You dey drink pure water shocked shocked shocked, you've got gut oh, lai lai i can't even try that. Am signing my death wish be that tongue.
The only water i drink was Eva water, abeg i no one die yet cheesy cheesy
Re: Funny Experiences On Your First Trip To Naija After Being Abroad For A While by lucabrasi(m): 3:41am On May 01, 2008
tRoOE:

lmfao you are joking right cheesy cheesy, well maybe next time you should eat just garri and groundnut cheesy cheesy. But the funny thing is when i travel to Naija for vacation then return back to the US am also losing weight, but my ass gets bigger grin grin

In fact I don't know who started the whole food talk, i guess we missed the real Naija food.

LOL you are mean or, are you trying to tease me with all these amala junction ni haba grin grin. These Dec i got to try at least 2 places from your food list tongue
Yes oh stomach virus, if I didn't buy the food myself, i would have said someone wanted to poison me, you need to see the way i was running and vomiting on the floor grin.
You are strong that's why you can buy akara outside, me i no fit try that.
LOL am not that strong grin, in fact they call me argic cool
You dey drink pure water shocked shocked shocked, you've got gut oh, lai lai i can't even try that. Am signing my death wish be that tongue.
The only water i drink was Eva water, abeg i no one die yet cheesy cheesy

lol,u dont even know the half of the kinda sturvs i eat, im good to go as long as i have taken my anti malaria shots and there s no light problem and theres aircondition think we should start another thread for the food and joints we miss in nigeria grin
Re: Funny Experiences On Your First Trip To Naija After Being Abroad For A While by bigbumper(f): 7:00pm On May 01, 2008
lucabrasi:

. . . i wish i could put on weight,with all the food experimenting i do right from the airport till my last day in naij, go to the nearest naija restaurant if you're hungry lol

I live directly opposite tastee restaurant , but you too for sabi say ko dabi wink.

Infact the prorietor once said "aunty you no dey cook for house?", na im i come vex say "are you sending me your customer  away".

I also petitioned him and reminded him of my human right to diet food, so he advised me to be buying iyan and eforiro, because efo na vegetable. grin

lucabrasi:

think we should start another thread for the food and joints we miss in nigeria grin

Can you start this straightaway please? Na good job amaka dey do for the food section but na picture i go chop? tongue
Re: Funny Experiences On Your First Trip To Naija After Being Abroad For A While by bigbumper(f): 7:06pm On May 01, 2008
tRoOE:

[size=12pt][font=Garamond][color=#990000]

No be joke o, na now i know say life is very unfair, me I dey travel go Nigeria a year, eat everything that comes my way, turn black like charcoal, yet do not lose anything, but my sister only travelled once, fell sick and lost so much weight, even her skin started to peel and she turned to oyibo overnight.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Breaking Into Britain - Documentary on BBC one / List Of Countries In The World And Their Capitals 2014 / How Often Do You Visit Your Village?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.