Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,411 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:42 PM

My Life On Campus... (A MUST READ!!!) - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My Life On Campus... (A MUST READ!!!) (194339 Views)

Campus Life. The Girls. The Ghetto. The Garri. The Glory. / Life On The Run: Season 5. Life In Amsterdam. / Love-life On Campus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (59) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Life On Campus... (A MUST READ!!!) by KingzPen(m): 5:13pm On Nov 07, 2013
Continuation Of EPISODE 12

“Let’s go.” Strike said.

Seeing that the security men has fled, I thought to go my way. I planned to reduce my steps behind the gang then after I will elude. I never knew that Strike was not ordinary. I executed my plan little by little until the very last. The gang had gone farther enough for me to escape, then I turned around to run and I blacked out immediately. Strike appeared before me. I never knew what happened after then till date. I found myself in an unknown destination, I guess a cave. I was clenched to a tree without leaves on it. I looked around and couldn't find anyone at the time. I was pushed to shout for help but I restrained not to alert them. It was very dark and cold. I was so troubled that tears dribbled down my cheeks. I hated myself. I learnt a haunting lesson that day, that one’s life can be tweaked for the worst or the best in a second. I ruminated. I thought of my mum, a tailor who worked like a machine just to pay her quota of my school fees. My dad, a plumber pays half while my mum pays the other. One day I got to her shop, only to see two women snarling at my mum. I stood aside with my mouth sealed to get the details of the drama; nobody yells at my mum and goes free.

“Pay the money Ooo!” Iya Kudi shouted at my mum, clapping at her.

“She sabi borrow but to pay na wahala.” Sisi Nene added.

I now got a clue that my mum lent some money from them but I wasn't sure why she did. I couldn't exercise patience any longer, seeing Sisi Nene of yesterday, bold enough to talk to my mum. Nene, popular known as Sisi Nene because of her slim body shape, is in her early or mid twenties. She has been in my black book since before this very day because of her tacky dirty hairstyles; none of my business but she happened to be there. I felt like slapping her but I held my vibrating hand back when my mum began to speak.

“Iya Kudi e ma binu. Owo school Banji ni mo fi san.” She pleaded, which means ‘Iya Kudi don’t be angry. I used it to pay Banji’s institution fee.’

I was just about starting my first year in school, so my mother went as far as borrowing for me to be a notable person in life. My eyes were already saturated with tears. I was moved to join in begging for mercy but my ego drew me back because of Sisi Nene.

“Mummy tailor, when you go come pay?” Sisi Nene questioned standing at akimbo, facing another direction, frowning her face.

“Abi o. At least we don pardon you for now.” Iya Kudi added and asked, “when make we come back?”

My mother sighed and thought for a while. I was furiously looking at Sisi Nene and tubby Iya Kudi while she thought.

“I will pay you next week” My mum replied.

“Committee no go hear story next week o. Hian!” Iya Kudi said, pulling her big dirty ear to demonstrate how important it was.

Sisi Nene and Iya Kudi both rolled out of my mother’s shop. My mum sorrowfully sat down with tears trickling from her eyes. I sluggishly shifted close to her, I coiled my hand around her and comforted her. She was so pained. I have never seen my mum weep before, she did because of me.

Screeeeeeeeech!!! Craaaaaaaaash! A car accident occurred few meters away.

TO BE CONTINUED...

4 Likes

Re: My Life On Campus... (A MUST READ!!!) by sknice: 8:21pm On Nov 07, 2013
D fear of a woman is d beginning of wisdom.
All dis gbege na because of p*ssy riot?
Make I give my babe sack letter sharp sharp grin grin grin
Re: My Life On Campus... (A MUST READ!!!) by sknice: 8:24pm On Nov 07, 2013
D fear of a woman is d beginning of wisdom.
Make I go give my babe sack letter sharp sharp grin grin grin
Re: My Life On Campus... (A MUST READ!!!) by KingzPen(m): 8:24pm On Nov 07, 2013
Loooooooooooooool... Funny You... grin grin grin
sknice: D fear of a woman is d beginning of wisdom.
Make I give my babe sack letter sharp sharp grin grin grin
Re: My Life On Campus... (A MUST READ!!!) by Auspharm(m): 8:42pm On Nov 07, 2013
oga kingzpen i see u, update asap or i break ur head
Re: My Life On Campus... (A MUST READ!!!) by KingzPen(m): 8:49pm On Nov 07, 2013
Boss, no do me like Emeka Ooooo... Abeg, I go update soonest... grin
Auspharm: oga kingzpen i see u, update asap or i break ur head
Re: My Life On Campus... (A MUST READ!!!) by soulminister(m): 10:58pm On Nov 07, 2013
sknice: D fear of a woman is d beginning of wisdom.
Make I go give my babe sack letter sharp sharp grin grin grin

if you sack am finish, no come here the cry nonsense for us oooooo
Re: My Life On Campus... (A MUST READ!!!) by Dhortunn(m): 11:56pm On Nov 07, 2013
Na sin if i no follow this work...
Make i go bring my sleeping materials, i dey come.
Re: My Life On Campus... (A MUST READ!!!) by Udeme288(m): 12:54am On Nov 08, 2013
Very funny and interesting write up,cant wait for the next update...
Re: My Life On Campus... (A MUST READ!!!) by Nobody: 12:58am On Nov 08, 2013
Wow.......am so happy at the way you are improvng buh on the oda hand sad cos of the short update,abeg me dy wait ooo(sitz at the vip lounge).
Re: My Life On Campus... (A MUST READ!!!) by KingzPen(m): 1:10am On Nov 08, 2013
Na sin too if I no reply you... Thankz so much... Stay tuned...
Dhortunn: Na sin if i no follow this work...
Make i go bring my sleeping materials, i dey come.
Re: My Life On Campus... (A MUST READ!!!) by KingzPen(m): 1:21am On Nov 08, 2013
EPISODE 13 LANDING NOW FOR THE NIGHT READERS... LOVE Y'ALL WALAHI grin grin grin
Re: My Life On Campus... (A MUST READ!!!) by Haybeeb: 6:17am On Nov 08, 2013
i'm really Enjoying this Story....oya... Episode 13...ASAP.
Re: My Life On Campus... (A MUST READ!!!) by QueenAbii: 7:03am On Nov 08, 2013
Y'all KingzPen Has Been Suspended. Read Up Episode 13 On His Blog (www.onasanyaisrael.).

NOTE : EPISODE 13 HERE IS EPISODE 12 ON HIS BLOG. CLICK ON THE LINK ABOVE AND READ EPISODE 12

3 Likes

Re: My Life On Campus... (A MUST READ!!!) by QueenAbii: 5:54pm On Nov 08, 2013
Y'all New Update At onasanyaisrael.
Re: My Life On Campus... (A MUST READ!!!) by zainharb: 8:20pm On Nov 08, 2013
QueenAbii: Y'all New Update At onasanyaisrael.
y na?
Re: My Life On Campus... (A MUST READ!!!) by KingzPen(m): 6:10am On Nov 09, 2013
Goooooood Morning Friends... How was your night?

Am sorry about yesterday. I was about posting EPISODE 13 when I notice I have been suspended. I still wonder till now. Anyways, that's past.

Una miss me?

1 Like

Re: My Life On Campus... (A MUST READ!!!) by Haybeeb: 12:08pm On Nov 09, 2013
update other episode before I change my mind
Re: My Life On Campus... (A MUST READ!!!) by Nobody: 1:03pm On Nov 09, 2013
@kingzpen,I hail u o. I say more kingzink to ur kingzpen
Re: My Life On Campus... (A MUST READ!!!) by KingzPen(m): 7:27am On Nov 10, 2013
Goood Morning Friends...

Please what is the cause of been banned?

Have been banned twice now whenever I want to update.

Please any advice...

1 Like

Re: My Life On Campus... (A MUST READ!!!) by Nobody: 7:40am On Nov 10, 2013
KingzPen: Goood Morning Friends...

Please what is the cause of been banned?

Have been banned twice now whenever I want to update.

Please any advice...
There are varying reasons that warrant a ban. Why don't you go to the complaints thread and tell it to a Mod.
Re: My Life On Campus... (A MUST READ!!!) by KingzPen(m): 1:20pm On Nov 10, 2013
EPISODE 13

My mum’s tears disappeared immediately as we both rushed to the scene of the accident. The scene was too crowded to behold the victims. I struggled to pass through like a thread in the eye of a needle. I didn’t identify the lifeless woman on the floor until I saw Sisi Nene screaming and crying. I changed my position and looked keenly at the dead woman. It was Iya Kudi. I ran immediately to my mum to inform her about what I saw. She never believed until she went to see for herself. She dragged me out of the crowd back to her shop. My mum was perplexed. I was shocked too, seeeing someone now and in the next minute gone. I was gazing at my depressed mum when I saw three fat women and Sisi Nene walking towards our shop. I informed my mum quickly, who walked out innocently to meet them. She thought they were there to break the bad news to her. She was totally wrong when they started growling at her from afar.

“Witch!” They all screamed out loud in their various languages at my mum.

My mum was dumbfounded. They came closer to her and interrogated her. They assumed my mum was a witch and solely killed Iya Kudi because she doesn’t want to pay her debt; wack mentality. My mum couldn’t utter a word. She kept crying. I cried too. The women left, giving my mum an ultimatum till the next day to pay her debt. She entered the shop with a swollen eyes resulting from ceaseless weeping and found me crying also.

“Banji, kilode to fi n su’kun?” She asked, which means ‘Banji, why are you crying?’

“Mummy nothing.” I said, cleaning my tears without delay with my shirt.

She easily deciphered why I was crying so she came closer to me and patted my back.

“I know how you feel seeing my fellow women abuse me over money. I borrowed it to pay your school fees because things has been hard for your dad. I thought your dad would have given me his share of your fee so I will add it up with mine and pay the debt.” She said.

“Mummy, I promi-s-” I was saying when my mum interrupted.

“Shush...” She sounded, telling me to keep quiet. “I don’t want you to make promises you cannot keep. All I want is for you to make me and your father proud. Come and take us out of this poverty as you’re the only child we have. Face your books squarely. Please and please don’t join the cult or follow bad friends.”

I quickly regained myself when I heard someone’s footstep. The person was coming from the rear. I couldn’t clean my tears because my hands were tied from behind.

“D’Banj!”

I have no doubt that it’s Bayo. He’s the only person that calls me by that nickname. He turned around to face me.

“Bayo wetin I do you na?” I swiftly asked with a pity face.

“You promised to do anything if I helped you out of that mess we caused.” Bayo said.

“We? Bayo! We?” I angrily asked. “You did the whole killing and landed me in trouble.”

“Who started the fight in my room?” He defended.

“Ok. Fine. How are you helping me out of here?”

He had a wicked grin on his face and said, “Banji, make I no deceive you, you must to join us before we free you else we go minus you from the earth’s population.”

Me, join the cult? God forbid. I have contravened my mum’s first plea by walking with you, you wolf in sheep clothing, I was about to say. I can never join the cult after all my mum and dad has been through because of me.

“You don ready?” He asked and added, “it won’t take three minutes to join us.”

“Let me think about it please.”

“Your answer should be positive else I will bid you farewell.” He said and walked away through the same direction he came from.

“It won’t take three minutes to join us.” I mimicked him and added, “even twitter that is quite harmless takes longer minutes to join and yours just three minutes.”

It all got me wondering how the world has turned out to be, harmful things are easier to reach while the profitable ones are very tedious to dare. My escape was paramount to me so I brought back my drifted mind. I struggled so hard, scratching my tied hands against the bark of the tree but to no avail. I loosened up and faced reality.

“Go bring am come!” Someone commanded, guess it’s Strike.

I was ready for battle if I am let loosed. I was at the peak of my rage. The last time I felt that way was when Kofo was slapped by a bus conductor. Oh my! I really dazed this conductor. He took my gentility for stupidity. The conductor refused giving us our balance, even after Kofo pressured that we were almost at our designated bus stop. We alighted and Kofo as a lady, jolted him by his shirt while I stood aside quietly watching film; Kofo in acton.

“Hey! Leave me na.” The conductor said.

“You are joking.” She meanly replied.

“You sef give them their change make we dey go!” Some passengers in the bus yelled at the bolshie conductor.

“Hey! Leave me one. Hey! Leave me two.” The conductor counted.

I was boiling in rage as he counted. The more he counted the more my anger increased.

“Hey! Leave me ten!” He completed and slapped Kofo.

Oh my God! My rage bursted out of its cage. I pounced on him like a hungry lion. I beat him blue black. I didn’t stop landing blows on his jaw even while I saw his blood stains all over my shirt. I was ready to faint him, thanks to the passengers that held me back. I left the venue still angry while Kofo followed me.

One of the hefty guys hurried to where I was tied. He cut the rope with a knife and directed me to an unknown place. I can battle you, I said to myself. He was walking directly behind me while I took my steps short.

“Oooouch” I groaned and bent down, holding my right foot pretending to be hurt.

“What’s it?” He foolishly bent down to help me examine the foot, dropping the knife just by me.

I looked at the knife, he looked at me. I looked at him, he looked at the knife.

TO BE CONTINUED...

1 Like

Re: My Life On Campus... (A MUST READ!!!) by KingzPen(m): 3:10pm On Nov 10, 2013
Visit www.okadabooks.com to download complete story...

1 Like

Re: My Life On Campus... (A MUST READ!!!) by Nobody: 9:53pm On Nov 10, 2013
Lol...Ds EP13 is swit like honey....Shey una go dy look each oda ni?**skelewu**
Re: My Life On Campus... (A MUST READ!!!) by QueenAbii: 10:28pm On Nov 10, 2013
KingzPen, your writing style and write up are just so unique, so interesting and thrilling. Keep up the good work. kiss
Re: My Life On Campus... (A MUST READ!!!) by KingzPen(m): 10:35pm On Nov 10, 2013
Thanks Dear... Am gingered with your words... kiss
QueenAbii: KingzPen, your writing style and write up are just so unique, so interesting and thrilling. Keep up the good work. kiss
Re: My Life On Campus... (A MUST READ!!!) by KingzPen(m): 10:35pm On Nov 10, 2013
Am glad you enjoyed it...
Phinity318: Lol...Ds EP13 is swit like honey....Shey una go dy look each oda ni?**skelewu**
Re: My Life On Campus... (A MUST READ!!!) by KingzPen(m): 12:00am On Nov 11, 2013
Visit www.okadabooks.com to download complete story...

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (59) (Reply)

Allen Avenue ( Story Of A Call Worker) / Life Of A Broke Yahoo Guy (Fictional ) / Why I Want To Be Bad - A Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.