Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,045 members, 7,838,641 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:02 AM

APC Has Captured G-7 Governors, Says Buhari - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Has Captured G-7 Governors, Says Buhari (15170 Views)

Buhari Hands Shocker To Governors, Says They Won't Nominate Ministers / Buhari Gets G-7 Invitation For Berlin Summit / Obasanjo In Closed-door Meeting With PDP G-7 governors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC Has Captured G-7 Governors, Says Buhari by TechWalker007: 11:45am On Nov 02, 2013
Chillisauce: Keep recycling.

PDP governors moving to APC.

Nigeria! When is the change coming. All I see is same old people with thirst for power. Which way for the common man.

Sad thing is that the same APC people who in one side of their mouth would insult PDP and all their members will sing praise through the other side when they join forces with them.
Re: APC Has Captured G-7 Governors, Says Buhari by TechWalker007: 11:48am On Nov 02, 2013
moodswing: The Yoruba's own a greater percentage of Nigeria's print media. Peddling lies and propaganda is definitely secured.

The APC governors are monumental failures, but who would write about it?, the APC anti GEJ press?.

Only a liberated minds are competent enough to identify facts and hold a valid opinion.

Y'all gullible people are either ignorant or posses senseless thinking as a rault of contaminated media content you digest from every malicious source.

My friend, they can only lie to people who are not on ground in the SW.

We have a long way.

The only good I'll take from this if it's true is that, it's making whoever is in office sit up.
Re: APC Has Captured G-7 Governors, Says Buhari by TechWalker007: 11:50am On Nov 02, 2013
emiye:

Politics is a game of numbers. If Deserted PDP members are suspected to have throngs of supporters, such members are tactically embraced, how the APC will manage such new entrants is the true test.

There is also the psychological blow from APC to the decampees former party, (PDP), when it "snatches" such members.

This is why Nigeria will hardly change.

You cannot claim someone is a thief and then ask him to join you in delivering justice.

1 Like

Re: APC Has Captured G-7 Governors, Says Buhari by fkaz(m): 11:50am On Nov 02, 2013
[size=13pt]while APC is running after G-7 governors PDP is busy running after Mohammad Abacha and major hamza AL-mustapha. Because the present govt want to copy dictatorship style of govt [/size]

We they observer
Re: APC Has Captured G-7 Governors, Says Buhari by Tonylyte(m): 11:52am On Nov 02, 2013
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA THE GUY SAID HE CAPTURED THEM. JUST LOOK AT THE TERM(CAPTURE) USED.....
Re: APC Has Captured G-7 Governors, Says Buhari by emiye(m): 11:59am On Nov 02, 2013
TechWalker007:

This is why Nigeria will never will hardly change.

You cannot claim someone is a thief and then ask him to join you in delivering justice.

it goes beyond the simplistic perspective you want to take.

Have you seen a politician while campaigning for a seat saying something like 'if you are a criminal or a thief or scammer do not vote for me'.

A politician needs the support and vote of all (criminals inclusive), it is how he manages the criminal /thief/scammer when he finally gets to the seat.
Re: APC Has Captured G-7 Governors, Says Buhari by EzePromoe: 12:01pm On Nov 02, 2013
I dey laugh o, anyway, I know that my governor, Rotimi Amaechi, can't be part of this joke.
Re: APC Has Captured G-7 Governors, Says Buhari by Emytexboy(m): 12:10pm On Nov 02, 2013
grin APCtongue tongue tongue I DEY weep Biafra we stand

Re: APC Has Captured G-7 Governors, Says Buhari by Emytexboy(m): 12:11pm On Nov 02, 2013
presher: HMMMM

Re: APC Has Captured G-7 Governors, Says Buhari by TechWalker007: 12:12pm On Nov 02, 2013
emiye:

it goes beyond the simplistic perspective you want to take.

Have you seen a politician while campaigning for a seat saying something like 'if you are a criminal or a thief or scammer do not vote for me'.

A politician needs the support and vote of all (criminals inclusive), it is how he manages the criminal /thief/scammer when he finally gets to the seat.

There's a difference in asking criminals to vote for you and voting for criminals!

Sincerely, I do not believe in APC but if they can get into power, we should be expecting them to probe and prosecute all corrupt current and former politicians. (APC, PDP or any other party).
But if you say they are corrupt and that we should vote for change, how can you then use the same corrupt people to form your core?
And then hand over your state structure to them.

I cannot be deceived!

1 Like

Re: APC Has Captured G-7 Governors, Says Buhari by Sajio(m): 12:14pm On Nov 02, 2013
Hmmmmmm..........! Tot as much, the muslims are fighting all means †̥ win back what dey claim is theirs(Aso-Rock).. This the main agender of the G6 cos Ameachi seems not †̥ understand tru aims of d G7......... Its no longer politics ooo but religious issue! Christians watch out ooh!!
Re: APC Has Captured G-7 Governors, Says Buhari by dumodust(m): 12:19pm On Nov 02, 2013
'association of progressive criminals' and 'papa deceiving pikin' are at it again, plundering prostitutes inthe game for nobody's good. Replacing a known evil with same or possibly greater evil is not the way forward...
Take note of the use of the word 'capture'
Re: APC Has Captured G-7 Governors, Says Buhari by cashkid: 12:30pm On Nov 02, 2013
shidof: must u put religion into everytin. @ least try to reason for som degrees.
u dey ask person wey no get brain to reason, how is dat possible?
Re: APC Has Captured G-7 Governors, Says Buhari by emiye(m): 12:33pm On Nov 02, 2013
TechWalker007:

There's a difference in asking criminals to vote for you and voting for criminals!

Sincerely, I do not believe in APC but if they can get into power, we should be expecting them to probe and prosecute all corrupt current and former politicians. (APC, PDP or any other party).
But if you say they are corrupt and that we should vote for change, how can you then use the same corrupt people to form your core?
And then hand over your state structure to them.

I cannot be deceived!
The situation is not analogous to voting criminals

Lobbying 7 state governors to join their fold is in the best interest of the party, the new entrants will be guided by the parties guidelines.

The stiffer the opposition, the more likely the incumbent will be on his/her toes to perform.

We will gradually get to the era where the electorates will be sophisticated to identify change and vote for it.

Simply preaching change and throwing very fresh faces will hardly fly with the core nigerian electorates, it is an idealistic stand.
Re: APC Has Captured G-7 Governors, Says Buhari by farem: 12:41pm On Nov 02, 2013
greatgod2012: I dont believe in neither of the party.

[color=#990000]
I dont believe in EITHER of the party.
Re: APC Has Captured G-7 Governors, Says Buhari by JoSaintiago: 12:42pm On Nov 02, 2013
greatgod2012: I believe in neither of the party. I dnt blv in either of d party

Re: APC Has Captured G-7 Governors, Says Buhari by patriotic007: 1:08pm On Nov 02, 2013
My only contribution to this thread is that APC should accept the outcome of the 2015 general election because i can still remember very well how our dear youth corps members were murdered because of this desperate politicians in 2011

1 Like

Re: APC Has Captured G-7 Governors, Says Buhari by darlingbobo(m): 1:12pm On Nov 02, 2013
The days of politics of sentiments are over. We need to ask ourselves if Nigeria has made any significant progress in all ramifications for the past 14yrs that PDP has been in government. If we all continue to dwell in politics of religion, tribe, and illiteracy, then is clear that we don't really understand what is happening in Nigeria and what it tells to be a true and patriotic citizens of a nation. Do you really know why we are back and going round for the past 14yrs? If we really mean well for our dear country Nigeria, then we all should not continue to support a failed party. Whether GEJ is a christian or from south south like me, the truth is that, GEJ though a good man, is a member of PDP and they have failed us. So they must go in 2015. He is a good man in the mist of bad and failed party. We all have to pay a price for our country to move forward.
Re: APC Has Captured G-7 Governors, Says Buhari by kaybyte: 1:12pm On Nov 02, 2013
taharqa2:
With all due Respect, and with every Sense of Responsibility, I just need to say this:

[size=14]Gen Buhari is a bladdi HYPOCRITE!!![/size]

dats alll...
its a pity you dont know the meaning of the word hypocrit
Re: APC Has Captured G-7 Governors, Says Buhari by TechWalker007: 1:16pm On Nov 02, 2013
emiye:

Lobbying 7 state governors to join their fold is in the best interest of the party, the new entrants will be guided by the parties guidelines.

The stiffer the opposition, the more likely the incumbent will be on his/her toes to perform.

We will gradually get to the era where the electorates will be sophisticated to identify change and vote for it.

Simply preaching change and throwing very fresh faces will hardly fly with the core nigerian electorates, it is an idealistic stand.

So what happens when APC get into power? Will they fight corruption?
If they will, what will happen to the G7 governors some of whom are confirmed corrupt bunches?

Please bro, stop this twisted defense, I'm smarter than that.
Your defense only strengthens my perception of APC and their supporters as hypocrites.

1 Like

Re: APC Has Captured G-7 Governors, Says Buhari by MartianTee(m): 1:40pm On Nov 02, 2013
Any party but the PDP will be ok.
PDP is becoming too boring for my liking. Having monopoly over power makes a party feel indefeatable and so, the members do as they like.
I'd rather no party can win elections, two terms back to back.
We need 3 to 5 equally strong parties who can give eachother, run for their monies.
Re: APC Has Captured G-7 Governors, Says Buhari by muktarmtt(m): 1:41pm On Nov 02, 2013
taharqa2:
With all due Respect, and with every Sense of Responsibility, I just need to say this:

dats alll...
welldone u show ur trabalistic bigotry u have nfing agains did man and weda u lyk it or not u will see dis mam up d sky while u r down d valley and die wit hatred.
Re: APC Has Captured G-7 Governors, Says Buhari by muktarmtt(m): 1:45pm On Nov 02, 2013
taharqa2:

dats alll...
up Up APC UP BUHARI sai kayi haters kiss my as*s and hug transfermer
Re: APC Has Captured G-7 Governors, Says Buhari by muktarmtt(m): 1:50pm On Nov 02, 2013
chidindufrank: If they like let them capture the 36 state governors,we all are aware that GEJ must complete his tenure in 2019. I want to use this opportunity to state categorically that come 2015 APC I repeat APC will never or will not win more than 5 states in the election. Just bookmark this for reference purposes.
Dat mean u b mumu of d first oder if u tink dat way, did u rily go to schools or u b drop out cos u sound lyk one.
Re: APC Has Captured G-7 Governors, Says Buhari by HappyJoe: 2:07pm On Nov 02, 2013
All of this noise about APC, I'm waiting for the fallout from their presidential convention. A few things I can predict:

1. Tinubu and Buhari will scuffle over who is to be the presidential candidate.
2. The choice of running mate will divide the party. A Northern Muslim will be chosen as the presidential candidate, so a Christian will have to be chosen as running mate.
3. There would intense pressure for Tinubu to anoint one of the SW governors as running mate - unfortunately most SW governors are Muslims, so this will narrow the choice to Fayemi (if that criteria is used). If the criteria is junked, Fashola becomes the logical choice for running mate.
4. A choice of a South West running mate will mean that after 8 years controlled by the North, the South West will control the presidency for another 8 years - making a total of 16 years between the South West & the North. This will be unacceptable to either the South South, South East or Middle Belt.
5. Oshiomhole, Rochas or Amaechi might be considered for the vice-presidency, but knowing Tinubu, he will not nominate anyone to the vice-presidency that he cannot control. So, some unknown figure from the South South MIGHT be chosen.
6. If Rochas doesn't get the vice-presidency, he'll be out of APC in a hurry. That's what he's really fighting for, if he doesn't get it, no deal.
7. If there's nobody from the South West on the APC ticket, I still expect SW voters to vote APC, but not as passionately.

So until APC goes for its convention, everything is open.

2 Likes

Re: APC Has Captured G-7 Governors, Says Buhari by thaoriginator: 2:17pm On Nov 02, 2013
I love you guy! Buhari and Buba Marwa, my fffucking role models!
Re: APC Has Captured G-7 Governors, Says Buhari by farem: 2:17pm On Nov 02, 2013
solomon111: Who cares?
Those governors don't count in the long run.
PDP have asked them to leave anyway,afterall they only have 7 votes to cast.
[color=#990000]
AS GEJ ONLY HAS 1 VOTE, SHEY?
Re: APC Has Captured G-7 Governors, Says Buhari by thaoriginator: 2:22pm On Nov 02, 2013
HappyJoe: All of this noise about APC, I'm waiting for the fallout from their presidential convention. A few things I can predict:

1. Tinubu and Buhari will scuffle over who is to be the presidential candidate.
2. The choice of running mate will divide the party. A Northern Muslim will be chosen as the presidential candidate, so a Christian will have to be chosen as running mate.
3. There would intense pressure for Tinubu to anoint one of the SW governors as running mate - unfortunately most SW governors are Muslims, so this will narrow the choice to Fayemi (if that criteria is used). If the criteria is junked, Fashola becomes the logical choice for running mate.
4. A choice of a South West running mate will mean that after 8 years controlled by the North, the South West will control the presidency for another 8 years - making a total of 16 years between the South West & the North. This will be unacceptable to either the South South, South East or Middle Belt.
5. Oshiomhole, Rochas or Amaechi might be considered for the vice-presidency, but knowing Tinubu, he will not nominate anyone to the vice-presidency that he cannot control. So, some unknown figure from the South South MIGHT be chosen.
6. If Rochas doesn't get the vice-presidency, he'll be out of APC in a hurry. That's what he's really fighting for, if he doesn't get it, no deal.
7. If there's nobody from the South West on the APC ticket, I still expect SW voters to vote APC, but not as passionately.

So until APC goes for its convention, everything is open.
forget dat tin! It is Buhari for president, Okroacha or Fashola for vice. I prefer Fashola but they will likely give it to Okroacha so dat those tribal and regional igbo bigots go calm down their aggrieved nerves small and vote for change.. Any which way, up #APC
Re: APC Has Captured G-7 Governors, Says Buhari by NOLONGTIN1(m): 2:29pm On Nov 02, 2013
This is funny! It's like APC feels that Nigerians are dumb.

How can APC after claiming and shouting to the world that their governors are doing better than others, infact in some instances they claim PDP Governors are not doing anything other than stealing money, yet they go around begging for these same people to join them. All of a sudden the PDP Governors are performing!!!

If GEJ or OBJ says he wants to join them (APC), Akande and Co would claim he is the best president and all sorts

That's why I keep saying PDP and APC are birds of the same feathers in different nest, they are after their own pockets and not nigerians'.

A progressive party would want to disassociate themselves from the supposed bad/corrupt leaders they claim killed our nation, No matter what they stand to gain from them

Recruiting 'bad or corrupt' leaders because you want to win an election says a lot about you as a person/party.

For now, I support GEJ and Fashola, any other person is a 'politician' - only after their selfish gain.

I have an interesting question for Buhari, Tinubu and Co, if the G7 governors decide against joining them, will they still be term 'performing governors' or will they term corrupt?

1 Like

Re: APC Has Captured G-7 Governors, Says Buhari by HappyJoe: 2:40pm On Nov 02, 2013
forget dat tin! It is Buhari for president, Okroacha or Fashola for vice. I prefer Fashola but they will likely give it to Okroacha so dat those tribal and regional igbo bigots go calm down their aggrieved nerves small and vote for change.. Any which way, up #APC

When somebody presents a logical analysis, you resort to wishful thinking that isn't likely to be borne out by facts.

1. Buhari isn't very popular in the South for obvious reasons and an APC nomination of Buhari will be very problematic.
2. Fashola is a Muslim, he's also from the South West. I've explained to you carefully why his nomination will be problematic if paired with a Northern Muslim
3. The best bet is for APC to nominate a Northern Christian and pair him with Fashola, but given the presence of religious bigots like Yerima in APC, that is 100% impossible.
4. As I said earlier, let's wait for the APC convention before we start talking.

1 Like

Re: APC Has Captured G-7 Governors, Says Buhari by NOLONGTIN1(m): 2:43pm On Nov 02, 2013
muktar mtt: welldone u show ur trabalistic bigotry u have nfing agains did man and weda u lyk it or not u will see dis mam up d sky while u r down d valley and die wit hatred.

Pls show me where in his post he made a 'tribalistic bigotry'

I think you guilty of what you accused him of
Re: APC Has Captured G-7 Governors, Says Buhari by NOLONGTIN1(m): 2:56pm On Nov 02, 2013
emiye:

LWKMD

Are you aware PDP has party guidelines? If they could disobey it, why do you think they wouldn't disobey that of APC's

Or are you under the impression they would become saint because they moved to APC?

I'm not for or against the governors, i just want you to understand that APC isn't the alternative we want, they are just another political party like PDP that are only after their interest and not Nigerians'.

If APC could recruit supposed corrupt/inept leaders just to win an election, imagine what they would do on election day (bribery, rigging, killing etc)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Presidential Election: Sowore Tops Poll Conducted By Tunde Ednut Via A Post(Pic) / Omoyele Sowore: Nigeria Is Not The Most Corrupt Country In The World / Suswam Pulls-out Of Northern Governors Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.