Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,240 members, 7,815,327 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:52 AM

Yoruba Divided As Confab C’tee Storms Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Divided As Confab C’tee Storms Lagos (666 Views)

Northern Leaders Reject Jonathan’s Confab Report / Tukur Accepts Suspension, To Face PDP Disciplinary C’tee / Power Probe: C’tee To Write Report Abroad! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yoruba Divided As Confab C’tee Storms Lagos by blater500(m): 5:38am On Nov 02, 2013
THE South-West geo-political zone, yesterday, was divided on how the outcome of the proposed National Conference should become law. While some agreed that the report should be sent to the National Assembly for consideration as declared by President Goodluck Jonathan, others said a referendum of the people is sufficient.

However, another opinion said the National Assembly should make a law to back the confab so that the dialogue will not be an exercise in illegality.

This came as Itsekiri leader, Chief Mrs Rita Lori-Ogbebor, who attended the hearing, said the Itsekiri ethnic nationality is in full support of the conference, adding that she will embark on extensive mobilization across the country to drum up support for the exercise.

Mr Bukhari Bello, Dr Akilu Sanni Indabawa , Senator Femi Okurounmu and Senator Khairat Abdulrasaq Gwadabe at the Presidential Advisory Committee on National Dialogue South west’s interactive session held yesterday 010102013 at NIIA Kofo Abayomi V I Lagos. Photo Shola Oyelese

The event, which was held at the main auditorium of.....http://reportjoint.com/yoruba-divided-as-confab-ctee-storms-lagos/
Re: Yoruba Divided As Confab C’tee Storms Lagos by abdulg: 6:50am On Nov 02, 2013
y
Re: Yoruba Divided As Confab C’tee Storms Lagos by Nobody: 6:54am On Nov 02, 2013
cheesy Ndiofe something Ekaro o
Re: Yoruba Divided As Confab C’tee Storms Lagos by shidof(m): 7:36am On Nov 02, 2013
I dn't really think this N conf is d solution to our numerous prb . Possibly, som payed set of pple will be selected to rep d whole nation nd after dt, d outcome will be send to d N assembly nd dey will pick out d one dt favour them. For instance, since d inception of this tenure. A lot of panels ve been set up wit various outcomes but it has all been swept under d carpet.NC won't be an exception; dis is another way of wasting our resources nd time, diversion of interest by d clueless president ol for d sake of retaining power by all means. If u've mature nd ve any reasonable pt. Ua free to quote me. God bless Nigeria
Re: Yoruba Divided As Confab C’tee Storms Lagos by drdams: 7:50am On Nov 02, 2013
Nonsense Caption/Headline by Vanguard Nigeria. Please tell me, where d division by virtue of what is written.

Hands Akimbo anyways! All I know is that its no National Conference if political parties are involved.

(1) (Reply)

Taraba State Speaker , Slumps And Dies / ASUU Strike Heats Up Admission In Ghanaian Varsities / If Gov. Obi Could Not Deliver, Do You Expect His Boy; Obiano To Perform?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.