Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,585 members, 7,812,911 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:11 PM

What Is The Idea Of Pregnancy Test Before Marriages In Some Churches? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Idea Of Pregnancy Test Before Marriages In Some Churches? (411 Views)

Why Are Some Churches So Competitive? / Some Churches Carry-out Pregnancy Test Before Wedding: Why? / Anointing Oil Used By Some Churches: Wrong Or Right. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Idea Of Pregnancy Test Before Marriages In Some Churches? by chrisxxx(m): 12:11pm On Nov 02, 2013
I have always puzzled when some churches demand that their members undergo pregnancy test before nuptial ties. In all honesty I think this is a misplaced priority as emphasis should have been on virginity test which defilement would bring about pregnancy. Though I am also not subscribing to virginity test. I sometimes get lost in thoughts wondering if churches endorse fornication provided those who commit it do not become pregnant. This also brings to mind, would churches prefer abortion to wedding with pregnancy? I have heard of brides aborting just days to the test and eventually divorcing as a result of inability to produce children after marriage. It is my humble position that churches should archive pregnancy test as this is no longer fashionable. However what brings about pregnancy precisely (premarital sex) should be discouraged. It is pertinent men of God preach to discourage premarital sex and at the same time warn our young ones of its spiritual and health consequences.
In all pregnancy test in my opinion should not be one of any prenuptial tests.
Re: What Is The Idea Of Pregnancy Test Before Marriages In Some Churches? by vislabraye(m): 1:00pm On Nov 02, 2013
There's hardly any way a pastor can stop members from fornication. If the man uses a condom or withdrawal method, there'll be no sign that anything happened.
It's just between U and God.

(1) (Reply)

Is It Compulsory To Attend Church Every Sunday / Lying To Receive Self-glory May Be Dangerous / Firstfruit And Tithe Are They Same

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.