Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,272 members, 7,818,930 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:25 AM

Keshi Releases 25-man List For Ethiopia And Italy Matches. - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Keshi Releases 25-man List For Ethiopia And Italy Matches. (26147 Views)

Keshi Releases 25-man List For Sudan Matches / NFF Rejects Keshi’s 42-man List For Malawi / Super Eagles 23 Man List To South Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Keshi Releases 25-man List For Ethiopia And Italy Matches. by thegoodjoehunt(m): 12:47pm On Nov 04, 2013
naija noni:
Keshi has been playing oduamadi in central attacking midfield.Is oduamadi strong ??.Oduamadi is only skillful.He is so thin and even more light-weight than Ramon azeez.He doesnt posses good vision and killer-passing skills that an attacking midfielder is meant to have.But Ramon azeez and Haruna lukman posses these.The only thing oduamadi knows how to do is to run with d ball and dribble.His skill-set is needed on d wings not in the hole.
He doesnt have d qualities of a central attacking midfielder but he has the qualities of a natural winger.
Its players like Azeez,Lukman or aluko that should be playin in dat oduamadi's position becos they all have all d qualities of a central attacking midfielder,but oduamadi doesnt.Azeez and lukman are stronger than oduamadi.
Rodgers has been trying to do d same experiment that keshi has been doing on oduamadi on Victor Moses at liverpool.But it hasnt really worked becos moses doesnt have d qualities of an attacking midfielder,but he has every quality of a natural winger and even more.
Play moses on d wings and you'll see d wonders he can do with d ball.
I hope brendan rodgers and keshi come to their senses.They are making talented wingers like moses and oduamadi look useless,becos they are playing both out of position.
Coach Keshi likes a pacy attacking set up and Moses, Oduamadi and Musa fits in. He defends strong and attacks with pace. Azeez and Lukman can't bring this now. As we qualify and Coach Keshi shapes the team, these guys can come in. Not now.

As for Moses, I actually felt he was prolific in the 10 role for Liverpool. He brought pace and directness. What slowed him down is the recovery of Lucas Leiva and now Coutinho. Causing Henderson to be pushed forward ahead of Lucas.

Moses would have flourished there.
Re: Keshi Releases 25-man List For Ethiopia And Italy Matches. by thegoodjoehunt(m): 12:58pm On Nov 04, 2013
itz_suave:
Hahahahahaha. Lmao. Seriously. I nearly choked at d bolded. 'Job of holding up play is for holding midfielders' grin. Chai. Una go yus dae argue wit people wey nor understand d game. Datz equivalent 2 wasted time n energy. Smh. Kpele. Try n know who u r arguing with 1st b4 u start.

Some1 also said heskey was class n longevity was proof using giggs as proof. Loool. Na wa o. C comedy. Mk I still dae observe sha grin.

Man Utd is one of the greatest club, if not the greatest club in English football. For Giggs to have retained his place and have a long career there shows his class. Companies don't retain liabilities.

Someone saying Heskey is not class should also notice that he had a very long career. I was not comparing him to Giggs but showing that longevity in a career shows class.

A guy having a long career at Shell means the company considers him class. That doesn't mean I am comparing him to Giggs. cheesy

I mean Heskey's employees considered him class and kept him employed for so long, same with Shola Ameobi.

KANU Nwankwo having a long career in the EPL shows his class.
Re: Keshi Releases 25-man List For Ethiopia And Italy Matches. by thegoodjoehunt(m): 1:17pm On Nov 04, 2013
naija noni:
Keshi has been playing oduamadi in central attacking midfield.Is oduamadi strong ??.Oduamadi is only skillful.He is so thin and even more light-weight than Ramon azeez.He doesnt posses good vision and killer-passing skills that an attacking midfielder is meant to have.But Ramon azeez and Haruna lukman posses these.The only thing oduamadi knows how to do is to run with d ball and dribble.His skill-set is needed on d wings not in the hole.
He doesnt have d qualities of a central attacking midfielder but he has the qualities of a natural winger.
Its players like Azeez,Lukman or aluko that should be playin in dat oduamadi's position becos they all have all d qualities of a central attacking midfielder,but oduamadi doesnt.Azeez and lukman are stronger than oduamadi.
Rodgers has been trying to do d same experiment that keshi has been doing on oduamadi on Victor Moses at liverpool.But it hasnt really worked becos moses doesnt have d qualities of an attacking midfielder,but he has every quality of a natural winger and even more.
I hope brendan rodgers and keshi come to their senses.They are making talented wingers like moses and oduamadi look useless,becos they are playing both out of position.
Also the formation we played in the match against Ethiopia was similar to the Man City 4-4-2 formation.
MAN CITY

---------------Joe Hart
Zabaleta-Kompany-Nastasic-Clichy
------------Yaya-Fernandhino
Nasri -----------------------Silva
----------------Aguero
----------------Negredo

NIGERIA
---------------Enyeama
Ambrose-Oboabona-Egweukwe-Echiejile
----------------Mikel-Onazi
Musa ----------------------------Moses
-----------------Odumadi
--------------------Emenike.

If you look at it from that perspective, you will see that you can't play Haruna or Azeez in the Support striker role.

Re: Keshi Releases 25-man List For Ethiopia And Italy Matches. by Elphydo(m): 1:20pm On Nov 04, 2013
checkdate: undecidedpls any update on ASSU strick
assu til further notice

1 Like

Re: Keshi Releases 25-man List For Ethiopia And Italy Matches. by Theben(m): 1:59pm On Nov 04, 2013
chucky234: Odewingie plays for a small Wale club called Cardiff which is a small club compare to Newcastle,as for Utaka when was the last time he played?
He was a regular in the all conquering Montpeiller 2011/12 team but has since lost his place.
The comment below is what prompted my mentioning odewingie, utaka and uche
I cant even
remember any Nigerian striker starting
a match for any European team at 30
aside Kanu
I was trying to remind of some of our players who were/are starters for their European teams at age 30 plus.
Re: Keshi Releases 25-man List For Ethiopia And Italy Matches. by chucky234(m): 2:03pm On Nov 04, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

Man Utd is one of the greatest club, if not the greatest club in English football. For Giggs to have retained his place and have a long career there shows his class. Companies don't retain liabilities.

Someone saying Heskey is not class should also notice that he had a very long career. I was not comparing him to Giggs but showing that longevity in a career shows class.

A guy having a long career at Shell means the company considers him class. That doesn't mean I am comparing him to Giggs. cheesy

I mean Heskey's employees considered him class and kept him employed for so long, same with Shola Ameobi.

KANU Nwankwo having a long career in the EPL shows his class.
What people fail to understand is that Shola is not the kind of player that guarantee 15 goals a season but what he brings to a team is of great value to any team, his type of players are few and are great assets to a team to build its strategies around the midfield and need a forward that can hold the ball upfront and allow his team mates to join in attack.
Has anyone ever imagined why Welbeck who scores less than 8 goals a season is preferred to the free scoring Chicharito or why Moyes preferred Anichebe to the free scoring Jelavic, only coaches understands the importance of such players as fans are always after goals scored.
Berbatov played same role at Spurs which allowed Robbie Kean space to score goals,Argentina had Carnija,Brazil had Dunga,Nigeria had Amokachi,France had Dugary. These players dont score many goals but they hold play and bully defence then creates space for team mates to explore.
Ameobi is that type of player.

2 Likes

Re: Keshi Releases 25-man List For Ethiopia And Italy Matches. by chucky234(m): 2:07pm On Nov 04, 2013
Theben:
The comment below is what prompted my mentioning odewingie, utaka and uche
I was trying to remind of some of our players who were/are starters for their European teams at age 30 plus.
Understood bro.
Kalu Uche currently plays in Qatar as he left Turkey to sign for a Qatari club.
Re: Keshi Releases 25-man List For Ethiopia And Italy Matches. by rapmike(m): 3:03pm On Nov 04, 2013
chucky234: as for Utaka when was the last time he played?
He was a regular in the all conquering Montpeiller 2011/12 team but has since lost his place.
Utaka has left Montpeiller 4 a turkish club Sivasspor or smting like dat.
Re: Keshi Releases 25-man List For Ethiopia And Italy Matches. by toluxa1(m): 3:04pm On Nov 04, 2013
ajoskele: Where is Gbolahan Salami?..Our own Balotelli
Don't know what happened to that boy, and to think we are from the same village (Ora, kwara state)
Re: Keshi Releases 25-man List For Ethiopia And Italy Matches. by itzsuave(m): 3:12pm On Nov 04, 2013
naija noni:
Azeez played 90 minutes in his last 3 or 4 la liga matches.Haruna last played full 90 minutes on wednesday.He played 45 minutes yesterday.
Dynamo kyiv rotates their squad regularly becos of d europa league.
If u start one game,u wont start d other.Same with nosa igiebor and real betis.
Haruna is more like a rotated regular.Starts some matches,come in as a sub in others.
But ramon azeez has recently been a constant 90 minutes player at least going by almeria's last 3 or 4 matches.

U did nt get d point of d question, did u?
I agree that if a player plays regularly for his clubside itz a sign datz he's dong something ryt but d way u people are recommending n 'un'recommending one would easily think u watch them week in week out.
Truth is most of u, if nt all of u don't.

Epl n TOP teams in MAJOR leagues aside.

So stop tryna run d rule on these players. Cuz u r clearly nt in a position to. Dahzall
Re: Keshi Releases 25-man List For Ethiopia And Italy Matches. by Nobody: 5:09pm On Nov 04, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:
Also the formation we played in the match against Ethiopia was similar to the Man City 4-4-2 formation.
MAN CITY

---------------Joe Hart
Zabaleta-Kompany-Nastasic-Clichy
------------Yaya-Fernandhino
Nasri -----------------------Silva
----------------Aguero
----------------Negredo

NIGERIA
---------------Enyeama
----------------Mikel-Onazi
Musa ----------------------------Moses
-----------------Odumadi
--------------------Emenike.

If you look at it from that perspective, you will see that you can't play Haruna or Azeez in the Support striker role.

Wrong sir!

What happened when Nosa Igiebor came in?
Mikel was pushed up to where Oduamadi is, and that brought us back into the game.

If Mikel could flourish up there in that game, then Haruna or Azeez would flourish also.

This wass more like the winning formation after Nosa came in:

---------------------------Enyeama----------------------------------
-----------------------Nosa--------Onazi----------------------------

Musa Moses
--------------------------Mikel-----------------------------------------
-------------------------------------Emenike-------------------------

Haruna would funtion very well there. He would be defending as a central midfielder and attacking as a supporting striker, just like Mikel did.
Re: Keshi Releases 25-man List For Ethiopia And Italy Matches. by chitoria: 5:35pm On Nov 04, 2013
Let's support the list of players released by the head coach.let's leave him to do his job without interfering.cheers
Re: Keshi Releases 25-man List For Ethiopia And Italy Matches. by naijanoni(m): 6:58pm On Nov 04, 2013
itz_suave:
U did nt get d point of d question, did u?
I agree that if a player plays regularly for his clubside itz a sign datz he's dong something ryt but d way u people are recommending n 'un'recommending one would easily think u watch them week in week out.
Truth is most of u, if nt all of u don't.

Epl n TOP teams in MAJOR leagues aside.

So stop tryna run d rule on these players. Cuz u r clearly nt in a position to. Dahzall
To be honest with you,i havent watched lukman play full matches becos they dont show d ukrainian league matches here in africa.I only watch some kyiv's europa league matches and highlights of league matches on youtube sometimes,if ideye or lukman plays.

But when it comes to nigerians in these leagues:-EPL,La liga,Serie A,i always find time to watch all their matches weekly to find out how they are faring.
I have watched about six Almeria matches dis season and i'm very convinced about azeez.Hope he'll get his chances in friendlies.

I've also watched almost all aluko's matches dis season and from what i've seen,aluko could be better than all d attacking midfielders/wingers in dat list,except moses.IMO he is better and a more complete player dan Musa.
So at least i've been watching dese two players(azeez and aluko) weekly.But Lukman,just once in a while.But i know he's been doing okay.
Re: Keshi Releases 25-man List For Ethiopia And Italy Matches. by Nobody: 7:34pm On Nov 04, 2013
naija noni:
To be honest with you,i havent watched lukman play full matches becos they dont show d ukrainian league matches here in africa.I only watch some kyiv's europa league matches and highlights of league matches on youtube sometimes,if ideye or lukman plays.

But when it comes to nigerians in these leagues:-EPL,La liga,Serie A,i always find time to watch all their matches weekly to find out how they are faring.
I have watched about six Almeria matches dis season and i'm very convinced about azeez.Hope he'll get his chances in friendlies.

I've also watched almost all aluko's matches dis season and from what i've seen,aluko could be better than all d attacking midfielders/wingers in dat list,except moses.IMO he is better and a more complete player dan Musa.
So at least i've been watching dese two players(azeez and aluko) weekly.But Lukman,just once in a while.But i know he's been doing okay.

Fair enuff. But I did say epl n oda major leagues aside.
Re: Keshi Releases 25-man List For Ethiopia And Italy Matches. by thegoodjoehunt(m): 7:36pm On Nov 04, 2013
breezy047:

Wrong sir!

What happened when Nosa Igiebor came in?
Mikel was pushed up to where Oduamadi is, and that brought us back into the game.

If Mikel could flourish up there in that game, then Haruna or Azeez would flourish also.

The the winning formation after Nosa came in:

---------------------------Enyeama----------------------------------
-----------------------Nosa--------Onazi----------------------------

Musa Moses
--------------------------Mikel-----------------------------------------
-------------------------------------Emenike-------------------------

Haruna would funtion very well there. He would be defending as a central midfielder and attacking as a supporting striker, just like Mikel did.

Nope, Keshi switched formation in the second half from a 4-4-2 to a 4-5-1. That is why I said it is about the strategy and approach. The game is dynamic not static.

Playing Oduamadi behind Emenike is playing him as a support striker. Sometimes he can go deep to help the midfield but he is a more attacking player.

Look at the last Arsenal Liverpool game, Ozil played a more deeper role to form a strong 5 man midfield with Arteta, Rosicky, Carzola and Ramsey. Normally, Ozil has been playing a more advanced role as a support striker, helping Giroud.

So the match can have different approaches to a game. Yes the formation can look 4-5-1 but it was a 4-4-2 formation. That is why I pointed the Man City formation. It looks 4-5-1 and as if Aguero is playing as a creative midfielder but he is playing as a support striker. Same with Oduamadi.
Re: Keshi Releases 25-man List For Ethiopia And Italy Matches. by write2obi(m): 7:45pm On Nov 04, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

Nope, Keshi switched formation in the second half from a 4-4-2 to a 4-5-1. That is why I said it is about the strategy and approach. The game is dynamic not static.
Wrong,Keshi did not change the formation, he only switched some players, Mikel was moved further up the pitch and Nosa took over his Defensive duties.
Re: Keshi Releases 25-man List For Ethiopia And Italy Matches. by thegoodjoehunt(m): 7:55pm On Nov 04, 2013
write2obi:
Wrong,Keshi did not change the formation, he only switched some players, Mikel was moved further up the pitch and Nosa took over his Defensive duties.

He switched formation. He replaced Oduamadi with Mikel. In a 4-4-2 formation, the man in front of the two deep lying playmakers advances further upfront (Oduamadi) but in the 4-5-1 formation, the man in front of the deep lying playmakers, stays deeper and works with the midfield (Mikel) and the striker is alone upfront.

1 Like

Re: Keshi Releases 25-man List For Ethiopia And Italy Matches. by thegoodjoehunt(m): 7:56pm On Nov 04, 2013
write2obi:

Change in formation results in change in player roles. That is what you are describing above.
Re: Keshi Releases 25-man List For Ethiopia And Italy Matches. by practitioner(m): 9:11pm On Nov 04, 2013
naija noni:
U sabi jare
Re: Keshi Releases 25-man List For Ethiopia And Italy Matches. by thegoodjoehunt(m): 9:59pm On Nov 04, 2013
practitioner: U sabi jare

When we talk of playing someone in a particular wau, we should remember the team is not set up the same way always.

Look at Ozil and Aguero play the support striking role in a side that keeps the ball. It is somehow like a free rle. Sometimes they are on the center, sometimes on the wings. Players like Ozil, Aguero have pace. Azeez doesn't and won't fit in the formation.

Moses is very skillful, fast and good the wings. He is double footed. He can play the role. He just has to get used to it. This will make the SUPER EAGLES, more fluod to formations.
Re: Keshi Releases 25-man List For Ethiopia And Italy Matches. by egbaguy: 10:35pm On Nov 04, 2013
keshi just luv some guys in d eagles and will do anything to always av dem in his squad. Some players av no business being in d team at all. I think taye taiwo deserve a call back to d eagles,he has being a regular starter for his turkish side,compared to elderson who hardly plays for braga. Haruna lukman should also be in dat team. But it seems the big boss has an agreement with some guys in d team.
Re: Keshi Releases 25-man List For Ethiopia And Italy Matches. by naijanoni(m): 1:18pm On Nov 05, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

Playing Oduamadi behind Emenike is playing him as a support striker. Sometimes he can go deep to help the midfield but he is a more attacking player.

Look at the last Arsenal Liverpool game, Ozil played a more deeper role to form a strong 5 man midfield with Arteta, Rosicky, Carzola and Ramsey. Normally, Ozil has been playing a more advanced role as a support striker, helping Giroud.

So the match can have different approaches to a game. Yes the formation can look 4-5-1 but it was a 4-4-2 formation. That is why I pointed the Man City formation. It looks 4-5-1 and as if Aguero is playing as a creative midfielder but he is playing as a support striker. Same with Oduamadi.
There is a difference between a supporting striker and an attacking midfielder.
A supporting striker only exists in a 442 formation.But in a 433 or 451 formation the more advanced midfielder is d ATTACKING MIDFIELDER not a SUPPORTING STRIKER.A supporting striker plays more closer to d main striker in a 442 formation than d attacking midfielder does in a 451 or 433 formation.
Manchester's city formation is different 4rm Arsenal's or chelsea's formation.
ManCity use the 442 with aguero as d SUPPORTING STRIKER while chelsea and arsenal use d 451 everytime with Mata/oscar and Ozil as attacking/creative midfielders respectively.
Nigeria has never used the 442 formation under keshi.We have been using the 433/451 formation.
Right from d nations cup to d South-Africa(mandela cup) game,we used d 433.
We changed to d 451 with oduamadi as attacking midfielder in d malawi game in calabar.We NEVER used 442.
Oduamadi has been playing as an attacking midfielder and not a supporting striker.
The distance between him and emenike in d matches weren't close enough to call him d supporting striker.He was played in d attacking/creative midfield role.You cant compare d position oduamadi has been playing to d position aguero is playing at mancity,it is very different.Aguero plays more closer to dzeko or whoever d main striker is than oduamadi plays to emenike.
The two most important skills an attacking midfielder is meant to possess is 1)Good vision 2)Superb passing skills and oduamadi lacks both.An attacking midfielder doesnt really need to have lightening pace like moses or musa or fast guys in football.He just needs very little pace.
Is chelsea's mata pacy ??.He just has an okay speed and same with ramon azeez.He isnt even much of a dribbler,but he posses d two most important qualities of an attacking midfielder which is good vision and superb passing skills which oduamadi lacks.
I want to ask u a question.Has Oduamadi ever played well since keshi started playing him in dat position ?
The answer is clearly NO !!!!.He has been awful !!!.Because he has been played out of position.
He never threaded a single through pass in d two games he has played there.Even aguero dat plays as d supporting striker at city has good passing skills.He provides assists with killer-passes and score goals too.
Re: Keshi Releases 25-man List For Ethiopia And Italy Matches. by thegoodjoehunt(m): 7:07pm On Nov 05, 2013
naija noni:
There is a difference between a supporting striker and an attacking midfielder.
A supporting striker only exists in a 442 formation.But in a 433 or 451 formation the more advanced midfielder is d ATTACKING MIDFIELDER not a SUPPORTING STRIKER.A supporting striker plays more closer to d main striker in a 442 formation than d attacking midfielder does in a 451 or 433 formation.
Manchester's city formation is different 4rm Arsenal's or chelsea's formation.
ManCity use the 442 with aguero as d SUPPORTING STRIKER while chelsea and arsenal use d 451 everytime with Mata/oscar and Ozil as attacking/creative midfielders respectively.
Nigeria has never used the 442 formation under keshi.We have been using the 433/451 formation.
Right from d nations cup to d South-Africa(mandela cup) game,we used d 433.
We changed to d 451 with oduamadi as attacking midfielder in d malawi game in calabar.We NEVER used 442.
Oduamadi has been playing as an attacking midfielder and not a supporting striker.
The distance between him and emenike in d matches weren't close enough to call him d supporting striker.He was played in d attacking/creative midfield role.You cant compare d position oduamadi has been playing to d position aguero is playing at mancity,it is very different.Aguero plays more closer to dzeko or whoever d main striker is than oduamadi plays to emenike.
The two most important skills an attacking midfielder is meant to possess is 1)Good vision 2)Superb passing skills and oduamadi lacks both.An attacking midfielder doesnt really need to have lightening pace like moses or musa or fast guys in football.He just needs very little pace.
Is chelsea's mata pacy ??.He just has an okay speed and same with ramon azeez.He isnt even much of a dribbler,but he posses d two most important qualities of an attacking midfielder which is good vision and superb passing skills which oduamadi lacks.
I want to ask u a question.Has Oduamadi ever played well since keshi started playing him in dat position ?
The answer is clearly NO !!!!.He has been awful !!!.Because he has been played out of position.
He never threaded a single through pass in d two games he has played there.Even aguero dat plays as d supporting striker at city has good passing skills.He provides assists with killer-passes and score goals too.

How do you know Coach Keshi has never switched formation?

Have you ever watched a Man City build up before a game? Our formation is similar to a 4-5-1 formation, with a striker (Aguero) playing in front of the deep lying playmakers(Yaya and Fernandhino). In the Ethiopia match, our formation was exactly the 4-5-1 formation with an attacker playing in front of the deep lying playmakers Mikel and Onazi.

Sometimes we pull out Negredo or Aguero and bring in Navas to go wide and Silva plays in front of the Midfielders. In our game we pulled out Oduamadi and brought in Nosa and Mikel going in front of the midfielders.

So I repeat a 4-5-1 formation with the creative midfielder replaced by a striker is 4-4-2, not 4-5-1. If not you are saying Man City plays a 4-5-1 formation, not a 4-4-2 formation.

Make up your mind.
Re: Keshi Releases 25-man List For Ethiopia And Italy Matches. by thegoodjoehunt(m): 9:18pm On Nov 05, 2013
naija noni:
A supporting striker only exists in a 442 formation.

ManCity use the 442 with aguero as d SUPPORTING STRIKER while chelsea and arsenal use d 451 everytime.

Nigeria has never used the 442 formation under keshi.
We have been using the 433/451 formation.

Please no Coach ever uses one formation every time. If Chelsea/Jose Mourinho uses one formation every time, how come in some games, he makes changes and brings in Eto'o and you have Eto'o and Torres on the field. How is that 4-5-1?

Or when Pellegrini makes a change pulling out Negredo and we have Only Aguero upfront. How is that 4-4-2?

Please the game is dynamic not static. During games, formations are changed.

By the way, if Arsenal always play 4-5-1, how come Arsene had a history of attacking pairs. Wiltord-Henry, Henry-Kanu, Bergkamp-Anelka.

Maybe you haven't noticed, Ozil is played now in a more advanced role. That is why his combination with Giroud is strong and Ozil is scoring goals.
Re: Keshi Releases 25-man List For Ethiopia And Italy Matches. by thegoodjoehunt(m): 9:57pm On Nov 05, 2013
naija noni:
A supporting striker only exists in a 442 formation.

An attacking midfielder doesnt really need to have lightening pace like moses or musa or fast guys in football.

If the first statement is true, how come Guardiola played a 4-3-3 formation with 2 support strikers (Messi and Pedro) and Villa as the striker?

Who said an attacking midfielder must be pacy?

I said if you look at the formation City plays and relate it to what Coach Keshi played against Ethiopia, that role played by Oduamdi/Aguero can't be played by somebody without pace. If you put someone like Silva/Azeez there, the role reverts to a 4-5-1 formation. That is switching tactics and that is what Coach Keshi did later.

65 minSUBSTITUTION Aleksandar Kolarov replaces David Silva for Manchester City. Maybe Kolarov is to play as a midfielder. LOL. grin.
Re: Keshi Releases 25-man List For Ethiopia And Italy Matches. by chic2pimp(m): 12:14am On Nov 06, 2013
chucky234:
Berbatov played same role at Spurs which allowed Robbie Kean space to score goals,Argentina had Carnija,Brazil had Dunga,Nigeria had Amokachi,France had Dugary. These players dont score many goals but they hold play and bully defence then creates space for team mates to explore.
Ameobi is that type of player.

For starters Berbatov DID not play that same role. Not only was he Tottenham's STAR MAN, he was also one of the best players in the league. A point made evident by his inclusion in the EPL team of the season.

Secondly Dunga did not bully any defence. Neither did He hold up any play. He was a DEFENSIVE MIDFIELDER.

Lastly Claudio Cannigia was actually a very good player in his own right
Re: Keshi Releases 25-man List For Ethiopia And Italy Matches. by thegoodjoehunt(m): 1:10am On Nov 06, 2013
chic2pimp:

For starters Berbatov DID not play that same role. Not only was he Tottenham's STAR MAN, he was also one of the best players in the league. A point made evident by his inclusion in the EPL team of the season.

Secondly Dunga did not bully any defence. Neither did He hold up any play. He was a DEFENSIVE MIDFIELDER.

Lastly Claudio Cannigia was actually a very good player in his own right

Holding up play is done by star strikers.Berbatov is one of the greatest. His link with the attacking players was flawless.

No one is saying being a link player means you kust be a weak player. For now Super Eagles don't have them.
The last I remember is Victor Agali. That is why Coach Keshi called him and he is going to mould Shola into a better striker.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Chelsea To Face Arsenal In FA Cup Final As De Gea Errors Eliminate Man United / Oghenekaro Etebo And Wife, Isi Celebrate 3rd Wedding Anniversary / Liverpool Are Set To Make Mane Their Highest Paid Player With New Deal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.