Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,814 members, 7,817,359 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:55 AM

10 Credible Mermaid Sightings? - Science/Technology (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / 10 Credible Mermaid Sightings? (39567 Views)

Alien Scare At UFO Sightings In Japan / World’s 10 Most Credible UFO Sightings / Mermaid- Real Or Not See Pix To Tell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Credible Mermaid Sightings? by goldplated(m): 9:40pm On Nov 12, 2013
kolidave: The first video didn't show any mermaid joorr,the noise was like that of a whale,a bunch of whales. 2nd video looked like a salmon with big head.

Guy watch am for full screen, nor be that 4 inches phone you dey use
Re: 10 Credible Mermaid Sightings? by khattab02: 10:02pm On Nov 12, 2013
fiercehillz: Sea horse, sea lion, cat fish, snakehead fish, sea turtle...why sea humans nor go exist?
Hahaha...lol. Prove one?
Re: 10 Credible Mermaid Sightings? by HerexG(m): 10:18pm On Nov 12, 2013
These are all fable
Re: 10 Credible Mermaid Sightings? by kolidave: 11:02pm On Nov 12, 2013
goldplated:

Guy watch am for full screen, nor be that 4 inches phone you dey use
my 5'5 inche fone big na.
Re: 10 Credible Mermaid Sightings? by bamssy(m): 11:11pm On Nov 12, 2013
go 2 river benue wich passes behind BSU 4 more proof 4 evidence go 2 calaber or rivers tnks
Re: 10 Credible Mermaid Sightings? by curiouslad(m): 11:26pm On Nov 12, 2013
philips70:

I bet if all those propagandists in those videos were to be Nigerians you will be the first to say their thinking is why we remain underdeveloped.
ITK is a bad disease.

Oh lawd!
Shall we split their heads before explaining it to them??

There are no such things as mermaids
A LOCAL government was even bold enough to place a million dollar bet on that!!
People can see whatever they want to see if it suits their purpose.
Re: 10 Credible Mermaid Sightings? by LadyH(f): 11:27pm On Nov 12, 2013
bombo!
Re: 10 Credible Mermaid Sightings? by uncleck: 11:30pm On Nov 12, 2013
babseg:

Ok oya show face now.

I don't believe any of them. I have done extensive research on all of them but none is tangible as a scientific fact.

All na ...........
must everything be scientific before they become true? The existence of God is an absolute truth yet it is unscientific. I'm not saying that mermaids exist but I don't discard the assertion just because there are no scientific proofs to back it up. In this century we think we know everything forgetting there will be future generations with their own discoveries.
Re: 10 Credible Mermaid Sightings? by babseg(m): 12:03am On Nov 13, 2013
uncle c.k.:

must everything be scientific before they become true? The existence of God is an absolute truth yet it is unscientific. I'm not saying that mermaids exist but I don't discard the assertion just because there are no scientific proofs to back it up. In this century we think we know everything forgetting there will be future generations with their own discoveries.

Yeah I know that science can't proof or disproof the existence of God.

But we are talking about something that doesn't ve supernatural powers.
Re: 10 Credible Mermaid Sightings? by lordson01(m): 12:25am On Nov 13, 2013
Oyibo men must u robb us of everytin ? our own prof victor iwaifo no see n talk to mammy water for lagos beach. in Nigeria
Re: 10 Credible Mermaid Sightings? by uncleck: 4:29am On Nov 13, 2013
babseg:

Yeah I know that science can't proof or disproof the existence of God.

But we are talking about something that doesn't ve supernatural powers.
but how did you arrive at the conclusion that the so called mermaid doesn't have supernatural powers when it is obvious you are completely in dark about who/what it is? Dnt be quick in rejecting something just because you don't av evidence. Like I said earlier time affects knowledge.
Re: 10 Credible Mermaid Sightings? by victorv12(m): 7:49am On Nov 13, 2013
These white people have started again. It's just like they sold us the story of Adam and Eve, and Jesus Christ.

After Jesus death, it was told that he went to hell or the place of soul to battle Satan to collect one key of life, and set some souls free which followed him to heaven.

I keep wondering till now, how humans or some people were able to monitor his movement after death. Now, they're about to start with that of mermaid again. Na wa ooo!
Re: 10 Credible Mermaid Sightings? by Nobody: 8:52am On Nov 13, 2013
Abegi, make i end the arguement. The so called mermaid is a sea creature just like whale, shark etc. The problem we're having is dat artists made us to believe dat its some kinda hotie...
Re: 10 Credible Mermaid Sightings? by Nobody: 9:02am On Nov 13, 2013
Royver:

Oh come-on, seriously? The only reason mermaids will still be in existence is because they are in hiding!

It is a well known fact that Man is the most blood thirsty species ever to roam the face of the earth. We kill for sport and science and food whereas other species kill just for food. We have sent more animal species to the brink of extinction with our hunting than we can even bother to remember. I was told that there was a time in my village somewhere in the south of Nigeria that there used to be herds of elephants! Where did all our wildlife go?

If the city of Atlantis were discovered today man would go there with their guns, knives, religion and technology. It would be a massacre. The mermaids would be hunted for their meat by the Chinese, torn apart for their natural resources by the Americans, burned by Fire by the Nigerians...in fact their end will leave other yet unheard of civilizations trembling in their boots. And so they hide in the depths of the seas, waiting patiently for the age of man to come to an end.

I'm speaking theoretically, of course.
lmao.... But There's something you don't know, they live amongst us and they use two legs.
Re: 10 Credible Mermaid Sightings? by Berylmoi(f): 9:16am On Nov 13, 2013
My childhood friend saw one in Asaba in the part of River Niger which passed through the town. He had gone to the river one mid afternoon during a big draught in search of his siblings. Me and my siblings even dey inside the river dat day sef. But the thing is that the river had different sections which we even named from 'A' to 'Z'. People normally swim in the 'X' and 'Y' parts. 'A' was the least visited because it was a little too far from the other sections. He had gone to 'A', and according to his account, he saw a fair woman sitting on the bank of the river. She had her back to him and her feet were in the water. He came close enough to call out his elder sister's name, assuming it was her and the woman turned to look at him and disappeared into the water but not after he had seen her fish tail. We believed his story because he fell seriously ill after the incident and only talked about it after he had fully recovered. So, I think they are real and can even be found in Nigeria.
Re: 10 Credible Mermaid Sightings? by kolidave: 9:21am On Nov 13, 2013
Berylmoi: My childhood friend saw one in Asaba in the part of River Niger which passed through the town. He had gone to the river one mid afternoon during a big draught in search of his siblings. Me and my siblings even dey inside the river dat day sef. But the thing is that the river had different sections which we even named from 'A' to 'Z'. People normally swim in the 'X' and 'Y' parts. 'A' was the least visited because it was a little too far from the other sections. He had gone to 'A', and according to his account, he saw a fair woman sitting on the bank of the river. She had her back to him and her feet were in the water. He came close enough to call out his elder sister's name, assuming it was her and the woman turned to look at him and disappeared into the water but not after he had seen her fish tail. We believed his story because he fell seriously ill after the incident and only talked about it after he had fully recovered. So, I think they are real and can even be found in Nigeria.
I watched that movie too
Re: 10 Credible Mermaid Sightings? by mejai(m): 9:44am On Nov 13, 2013
Na dis ones I dey see for my area

1 Like

Re: 10 Credible Mermaid Sightings? by Mintayo(m): 10:10am On Nov 13, 2013
Mermaid are actually reall.
But you dnt have to go to the sea before you can see one,there are so many 'male' and 'female' walking about today who are Mermaid disquising as ladies...and men.
Re: 10 Credible Mermaid Sightings? by Alfred234(m): 10:12am On Nov 13, 2013
Lool I must say dat dis thread is funny... But wat if Mermaid really exist? Do dey have spiritual powers? Are dey evil? So many questions.... And for those asking y dey r hiding if u were a mermaid will u come out so dat our naija people can kill or so dat d white people can u for experiments? Even humans wit disabilities r facing discrimination not 2 talk of a mermaid... I would luv 2 see a mermaid sha grin
Re: 10 Credible Mermaid Sightings? by Amokwe(m): 10:20am On Nov 13, 2013
190: 2. May 2013 – Kiryat Yam, Israel

Kiryat Yam is the only place in the world where a $1 million reward is up for grabs for the first person who can provide conclusive footage capturing a real mermaid. The local government has offered this reward in response to the numerous mermaid sightings there.

Allegedly there is a mermaid that appears sometimes at sunset. One of the first people to see the mermaid was Shlomo Cohen: “I was with friends when suddenly we saw a woman laying on the sand in a weird way. At first I thought she was just another sunbather, but when we approached she jumped into the water and disappeared. We were all in shock because we saw she had a tail,” Cohen was quoted as saying by Israel National News.

See the short clip featured below for a taste of what some are claiming to be a real mermaid caught on camera this year, at Kiryat Yam.

(A Must See):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAK_THGIYxI

'Guiter boy, if you see mammy-water never never you run away...' Victor Uwaifo explianed better.
Re: 10 Credible Mermaid Sightings? by Amokwe(m): 10:20am On Nov 13, 2013
190: 2. May 2013 – Kiryat Yam, Israel

Kiryat Yam is the only place in the world where a $1 million reward is up for grabs for the first person who can provide conclusive footage capturing a real mermaid. The local government has offered this reward in response to the numerous mermaid sightings there.

Allegedly there is a mermaid that appears sometimes at sunset. One of the first people to see the mermaid was Shlomo Cohen: “I was with friends when suddenly we saw a woman laying on the sand in a weird way. At first I thought she was just another sunbather, but when we approached she jumped into the water and disappeared. We were all in shock because we saw she had a tail,” Cohen was quoted as saying by Israel National News.

See the short clip featured below for a taste of what some are claiming to be a real mermaid caught on camera this year, at Kiryat Yam.

(A Must See):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAK_THGIYxI

'Guiter boy, if you see mammy-water never never you run away...' Victor Uwaifo explianed better.
Re: 10 Credible Mermaid Sightings? by itsmine: 10:25am On Nov 13, 2013
mermaids do exist afterall!
Re: 10 Credible Mermaid Sightings? by babseg(m): 11:10am On Nov 13, 2013
uncle c.k.:

but how did you arrive at the conclusion that the so called mermaid doesn't have supernatural powers when it is obvious you are completely in dark about who/what it is? Dnt be quick in rejecting something just because you don't av evidence. Like I said earlier time affects knowledge.

If its true that they exist, how come they got killed or captured if they have supernatural powers?
Re: 10 Credible Mermaid Sightings? by phreakabit(m): 12:06pm On Nov 13, 2013
SAFO: Funny how some people can give credence to mermaids but have a hard time believing that they originated from ape-like humans. Oh the irony. cheesy

Wanna see irony? I absolutely don't believe in evolution but. . . . .
Re: 10 Credible Mermaid Sightings? by phreakabit(m): 12:45pm On Nov 13, 2013
IMO Mermaids are metaphysical beings. Have nothing to do with science and evolution. The theory of evolution is an eternal absurdity.
Re: 10 Credible Mermaid Sightings? by 190: 5:48pm On Nov 13, 2013
undecided
Re: 10 Credible Mermaid Sightings? by babseg(m): 6:50pm On Nov 13, 2013
190: undecided
what?
Re: 10 Credible Mermaid Sightings? by 190: 6:51pm On Nov 13, 2013
babseg:
what?
angry
Re: 10 Credible Mermaid Sightings? by Ignatio(m): 7:04pm On Nov 13, 2013
Elliotwiz1: lmao.... But There's something you don't know, they live amongst us and they use two legs.
babseg:

That is still hiding?

If its true that they exist, how come they got killed or captured if they have supernatural powers?

Killed or captured where?

190: angry
[quote author=babseg]

Wetin?
Re: 10 Credible Mermaid Sightings? by Ignatio(m): 7:06pm On Nov 13, 2013
Elliotwiz1: lmao.... But There's something you don't know, they live amongst us and they use two legs.

That is still hiding?

babseg:

Killed or captured where?

190: angry
[quote author=babseg]

Wetin?
Re: 10 Credible Mermaid Sightings? by bighead1(m): 8:03pm On Nov 13, 2013
@op
pls i want to see the second video from the second camera. pls help me post a link asap

thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Gorgosaurus: 77-million-year- Old Dinosaur Skeleton Sells For $6m / Paul Oloche Invents Solar-Powered Vehicle, Fighter Jet In Benue / Rare Christmas Star Will Appear This Festive Season. Here Is Why

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.