Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,397 members, 7,815,867 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:48 PM

Will My Outstanding PHCN Bill/debt Be Inherited By The Successor Companies? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Will My Outstanding PHCN Bill/debt Be Inherited By The Successor Companies? (813 Views)

Oshiomhole Picks Godwin Obaseki As His Successor? / Prof. Anwuka: I Was Nominated For My Outstanding Record Of Integrity / How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will My Outstanding PHCN Bill/debt Be Inherited By The Successor Companies? by Nobody: 10:53am On Nov 04, 2013
Just wondering if the new firms have the right to ask me to pay my outstanding PHCN bill. undecided undecided undecided
Re: Will My Outstanding PHCN Bill/debt Be Inherited By The Successor Companies? by gurnam: 11:28am On Nov 04, 2013
area_boy1: Just wondering if the new firms have the right to ask me to pay my outstanding PHCN bill. undecided undecided undecided

Absolutely.....debtors (customers indebted to a company) are part of the assets to be inherited by the companies...just like any other assets.

So you should work out ways to pay whatever you are owning.

1 Like

Re: Will My Outstanding PHCN Bill/debt Be Inherited By The Successor Companies? by Nobody: 11:43am On Nov 04, 2013
Thanks for your response. I thought debts are liabilities and if they are not,the workers being paid off right now should also be considered assets.From my understanding,the successor companies didn't inherit PHCN liabilities.
gurnam:

Absolutely.....debtors (customers indebted to a company) are part of the assets to be inherited by the companies...just like any other assets.

So you should work out ways to pay whatever you are owning.
Re: Will My Outstanding PHCN Bill/debt Be Inherited By The Successor Companies? by Polio: 11:47am On Nov 04, 2013
area_boy1: Just wondering if the new firms have the right to ask me to pay my outstanding PHCN bill. undecided undecided undecided

You will be pursued for the outstanding bill.
Re: Will My Outstanding PHCN Bill/debt Be Inherited By The Successor Companies? by Nobody: 11:56am On Nov 04, 2013
polio,pursued by whom?The same successor companies that didn't inherit PHCN workers as assets?
Polio:

Re: Will My Outstanding PHCN Bill/debt Be Inherited By The Successor Companies? by deor03(m): 12:14pm On Nov 04, 2013
I think the companies first piority is to block all revenue leakages including recovery of cost
Re: Will My Outstanding PHCN Bill/debt Be Inherited By The Successor Companies? by gurnam: 12:26pm On Nov 04, 2013
area_boy1: Thanks for your response. I thought debts are liabilities and if they are not,the workers being paid off right now should also be considered assets.From my understanding,the successor companies didn't inherit PHCN liabilities.

Recoverable debts are not liability to any company...but an asset. However there is always provision for such exposure and the amount depends on the age of debt and the type of debtor.

There is no where in the world where a company will take up the payment of gratuities and other terminal benefits of the staff in a company winding up as part of liabilities to be taken over (when they were not party to negotiations and agreements on such entitlements), unless they are employing such as staff on their own.

Of course..there would have been liabilities inherited by the successor companies..such as vendors....suppliers/contractors and other creditors.
Re: Will My Outstanding PHCN Bill/debt Be Inherited By The Successor Companies? by Nobody: 12:38pm On Nov 04, 2013
WOW! Thanks for educating me further on this.Also got some clarifications from an accountant friend of mine. cheesy smiley smiley
gurnam:

Recoverable debts are not liability to any company...but an asset. However there is always provision for such exposure and the amount depends on the age of debt and the type of debtor.

There is no where in the world where a company will take up the payment of gratuities and other terminal benefits of the staff in a company winding up as part of liabilities to be taken over (when they were not party to negotiations and agreements on such entitlements), unless they are employing such as staff on their own.

Of course..there would have been liabilities inherited by the successor companies..such as vendors....suppliers/contractors and other creditors.
Re: Will My Outstanding PHCN Bill/debt Be Inherited By The Successor Companies? by cocobabe(f): 10:34am On Nov 05, 2013
Polio:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Melaye Sacks Nine Domestic Stewards Over Police Harassment / PHOTO OF OTUOKE HOSPITAL.. What govt must do about health. / Why We Stopped Maiduguri Airport From Pilgrims Airlift – Nigerian Military

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.