Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,108 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:12 PM

How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? (22006 Views)

Share Your This Month PHCN Bill Here / Iara Oshiomhole In Imo State For August Meeting (photo) / Man's Hand Chopped Off Over #100 PHCN Bill - See Picture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by timbros(m): 6:47am On Sep 14, 2012
Just came back from work yesterday and saw my bill. Guess how much? 13k+ against the usual 400-#500 I use to pay. I asked my neighbour, he said his own is 10k.

This is insane!

I want to ask the house, could this be a mistake or have the takeover affected PHCN bill?
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by CHARLOE(m): 7:52am On Sep 14, 2012
tot i was d only 1, mine is N13,700. they're robbing us cos we dont have prepaid meter, meanwhile d govt told nepa to meter us for free. i won't pay theses bills for sure. Those using prepaid meter around me don't use up to 2k per month,even with ac. Nepa na thief!

2 Likes

Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by timbros(m): 8:45am On Sep 14, 2012
I wont pay this bill o. I'm so pissed off! I dont even have AC and its like this... Na wao
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by Ogbonaikenna(m): 8:54am On Sep 14, 2012
Ours is 15k+.
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by obicentlis: 9:04am On Sep 14, 2012
Mine is 1400, write to PHCN insisting that you should be charged be meter reading. I lobbied my way in so that I could be paying my actual charge cos I was paying as much as 14000 bf. You may not wait to do it officially, you can lobby your way in as far as you get what you want.
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by timbros(m): 9:36am On Sep 14, 2012
obicentlis: Mine is 1400, write to PHCN insisting that you should be charged be meter reading. I lobbied my way in so that I could be paying my actual charge cos I was paying as much as 14000 bf. You may not wait to do it officially, you can lobby your way in as far as you get what you want.

How do i do that? For a long time now, my bill has not exceeded #700. I just dont understand why this one will be up to this amount.

Someone said i should not pay and wait till next month and see what the bill will be. But i'm not comfortable with it. Naturally, i always pay my bill as soon as it comes in. Most times i over-pay sef and PHCN have to deduct the balance the next month.

How do i lobby my way in abeg?
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by ujchief(m): 9:38am On Sep 14, 2012
Mine moved from the normal N1200 per month to N4000, more than 100% increase. I opened this thread to yell and curse, but on seeing u guys havin up to N14k bill, i had to respect myself.

16 Likes

Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by megxo(m): 9:56am On Sep 14, 2012
MEN E WAS HIGH WOangry N4,250 FA
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by igbsam(m): 10:01am On Sep 14, 2012
Mine was N3,700 against the 1,200 i use to pay. Each flats! this august bill is something else. They increased it by 1000%
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by NobleAngell(f): 10:01am On Sep 14, 2012
Ours is 8k.
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by superior1: 10:02am On Sep 14, 2012
Mine use to be N2k max, the last bill was N12,500. I am not sure I will pay that kin money
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by Dbaba(m): 10:05am On Sep 14, 2012
Nepa will not killl us oOooO. We dey pay 2k before it moved to 5k to 10k and now for august na 12k. Somebody help oOOoo.it is unbearable
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by Nobody: 10:05am On Sep 14, 2012
If power is constant,just pay d bill however I have a problem with half and half power supply followed by a complete bill
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by rosita112: 10:07am On Sep 14, 2012
usually we topped up our prepaid card with 5k, but last months top up ran out and we had to top up 10k instead. now i make sure we are energy conservative like we were when living in the UK. just change your house bulbs to the energy efficient ones and always swithch off any unused electrical appliances, like water dispensers belive me they gulp alot of energy. then if you have a washing machine make sure u wash a full load instead of half. This is better for us though, at least we see electric supply better for us cos we used to spend more buying fuel for the generator. Now we can say UP PHCN for sure!

2 Likes

Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by Nobody: 10:07am On Sep 14, 2012
On what platform are they even preparing this bills? Cos mine too rose from 6k to 11k undecided
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by shevon: 10:08am On Sep 14, 2012
Mine is insane. The bill used to be (max) 5k, the last time they brought a bill for 12.2'; who knows what they'll bring next. But, make I talk true, we dey get light for (at least) 20hrs in a day.

1 Like

Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by basty: 10:08am On Sep 14, 2012
Mine rose from 416.02 in May to 1126.34 in June to 1740.74 in July expecting August bill. Chikenna.
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by tunapawizzy: 10:09am On Sep 14, 2012
why not opt for pre paid meter..that way u can manage what u use....

2 Likes

Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by Shakara123(m): 10:10am On Sep 14, 2012
As much as we all know the high level corruption that rocks the power sector and our own darling PHCN, I think Nigerians should be sensitized on the need for proper energy consumption rather than the wasteful routine of the day.

Why use the usual bulbs when you can use energy saving bulbs that saves you far more?
When do we turn off the security lights outside each day? For some, it is on all day!
Why use electric cooker when you can use gas which is quite cheaper and neater than kerosene? (Well initial cost of acquiring the gas cooker is high, I know...but at the long run...)
Why waste energy using AC under cold weather conditions (effective management)
The list goes on and on....

2 Likes

Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by gentlegg(m): 10:11am On Sep 14, 2012
Mine is N6,200 and i went to pay 6k, the guy there refused that i must pay complete, said that's the instruction given to them.

Honestly i was mad with their recent bills but with all these 14k, 13k, 12k am seeing here, I think am recovering from my madness.

1 Like

Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by basty: 10:11am On Sep 14, 2012
Guys, take this tip, the more you pay PHCN, the more your bills. They value your bill based on your response time. I avoided their bills for more than year and the bills getting reducing.

1 Like

Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by onthefence: 10:11am On Sep 14, 2012
It is simply because there is improved power. I paid 3k in July. Its now 5k. I don't use prepaid. I calculate my consumption before the bill arrives and its dead on point. Mind how you use power now. Make sure your meter is read too. Naija too complain.

1 Like

Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by tjskii(f): 10:13am On Sep 14, 2012
ujchief: Mine moved from the normal N1200 per month to N4000, more than 100% increase. I opened this thread to yell and curse, but on seeing u guys havin up to N14k bill, i had to respect myself.
cheesy cheesy cheesy u too funny

I'm usin d prepaid,monthly I pay 6k,but iv started switching off my lights and freezer sef wen I'm not home,and I'm bout to change my bulbs like rosita 112 suggested cos really the bulbs I av are dose 100 watts type,its prbly wats making me pay so much

2 Likes

Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by kabiru82(m): 10:13am On Sep 14, 2012
Mine is 3k against 1500.
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by tellwisdom: 10:16am On Sep 14, 2012
Leave that hell hole, called nigeria and live a fulfilled life outside it...u need no rocket scientist to ABRAKADABRA for conviction sad sad

1 Like

Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by Jollyakat(m): 10:16am On Sep 14, 2012
mine is 7k
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by jude33084(m): 10:17am On Sep 14, 2012
CHARLOE: tot i was d only 1, mine is N13,700. they're robbing us cos we dont have prepaid meter, meanwhile d govt told nepa to meter us for free. i won't pay theses bills for sure. Those using prepaid meter around me don't use up to 2k per month,even with ac. Nepa na thief!

Stop complaining and get a prepaid meter. I dont pay more than N3000 per month though without ac cool

1 Like

Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by DisGuy: 10:19am On Sep 14, 2012
[size=14pt]please INDICATE if you're using THE PREPAID METER OR THE USUAL METER[/size]

1 Like

Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by Finland(m): 10:19am On Sep 14, 2012
I pity you guys. Here in Finland even though we have constant power supply and a lot of gadget to go with it. The average bill is about 70 euros(14,000 naira) for 3 months.What is Nigeria turning into? do you guys have constant power supply now?

1 Like

Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by jude33084(m): 10:22am On Sep 14, 2012
timbros:

How do i do that? For a long time now, my bill has not exceeded #700. I just dont understand why this one will be up to this amount.

Someone said i should not pay and wait till next month and see what the bill will be. But i'm not comfortable with it. Naturally, i always pay my bill as soon as it comes in. Most times i over-pay sef and PHCN have to deduct the balance the next month.

How do i lobby my way in abeg?

dont mind them just do as you use to. Pay your bills regularly wink
Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by vascey(m): 10:22am On Sep 14, 2012
I stay in a 3 bedroom apartment and mine just increased from 16,000 to 25,000. We had earlier complained about the 16,000 to the marketer only for the bill to be increased again to 25,000. Mind you, the flat is strictly residential with occupants who spend the day at the office. I am already sending my complaint.

1 Like

Re: How Much Is Your PHCN Bill For August? by calculusx(m): 10:22am On Sep 14, 2012
onthefence: It is simply because there is improved power. I paid 3k in July. Its now 5k. I don't use prepaid. I calculate my consumption before the bill arrives and its dead on point. Mind how you use power now. Make sure your meter is read too. Naija too complain.
tjskii:
cheesy cheesy cheesy u too funny

I'm usin d prepaid,monthly I pay 6k,but iv started switching off my lights and freezer sef wen I'm not home,and I'm bout to change my bulbs like rosita 112 suggested cos really the bulbs I av are dose 100 watts type,its prbly wats making me pay so much

Don't mind them jare,Nigerians can complain about almost everything. My bill for August increased from #2,700 to #5,000 and i feel its OK cos the 3k petrol i always buy every week is there un-used for the past 2months. I will be conserving power like I do in UK and see what the result will be. I was surprised when i saw my generator repairer riding okada this morning grin I asked him why change of job, his smile alone gave me the answer. Nigeria is getting better.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Buhari Ranked 14th Most Influential World Leader On Social Networks In 2016 / FG Accepts Walter Onnoghen's Retirement, To Pay Him Full Benefits / FIRS Gives 30-day Grace For Tax Clearance Certificate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.