Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,231 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:09 AM

Marketing Or Operations, Which Is More Challenging In Banking? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Marketing Or Operations, Which Is More Challenging In Banking? (17271 Views)

Thousands Of Workers Lose Jobs As Visafone Winds Down Operations / Which Is Better Mba Marketing Or Finance? / Engineering Vs Medicine "which Is More Challenging?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Marketing Or Operations, Which Is More Challenging In Banking? by Beesluv: 11:51am On Nov 04, 2013
Which aspect of Banking is more challenging, boring or stressful?

MARKETING or OPERATIONS

Marketers talk of target and Tellers talk of shortage
Re: Marketing Or Operations, Which Is More Challenging In Banking? by LBanks(m): 7:45pm On Nov 06, 2013
Please experienced bankers in d house, kindly respond to this thread

2 Likes

Re: Marketing Or Operations, Which Is More Challenging In Banking? by UGOCHUKWU3: 4:51pm On Nov 07, 2013
Both comes with their own challenges.
MARKETING-Target,Mental Stress bt exciting cos u ll be hard,connected,rugged and can tk the heat if any thing happens to ur job

7 Likes

Re: Marketing Or Operations, Which Is More Challenging In Banking? by LBanks(m): 10:19pm On Nov 07, 2013
K thanks @ UGOCHUKWU3, please guys keep the responses coming
Re: Marketing Or Operations, Which Is More Challenging In Banking? by Beesluv: 12:19pm On Nov 09, 2013
Yeah, Ugo u r right. I think tellering is a little boring cos u jst sit in one place and repeat same process

1 Like

Re: Marketing Or Operations, Which Is More Challenging In Banking? by stanley99a(m): 7:31pm On Jul 07, 2014
The answer is right there in the question
Marketing is more stressfu
Re: Marketing Or Operations, Which Is More Challenging In Banking? by AjanleKoko: 7:32pm On Jul 07, 2014
Been a while since I saw these compare-threads cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Marketing Or Operations, Which Is More Challenging In Banking? by spillyboy14: 7:32pm On Jul 07, 2014
#LAST I CHECKED

1 Like

Re: Marketing Or Operations, Which Is More Challenging In Banking? by Rilwayne001: 7:36pm On Jul 07, 2014
A friend of mine that happens to be a marketer of a reputable bank in ib, resigned even before they could address a sack letter to him when he could not meet up the target set for him... may God help us sha.

he now run a business center now, atleast he is the target no target set for him.

As for the operating staff...only God dey help those ones, imagine a friend of mine doing industrial training (IT) in FCMB, she made a mistake by crediting a wrong account, the amount of about N34,000 was lost, and she is been paid N20,000 per month due to fact that she is an IT.

that month salary was not paid, and N14k was deducted from her following month salary..
well she still work there.

may God help us jare

2 Likes

Re: Marketing Or Operations, Which Is More Challenging In Banking? by Warlord3000(m): 7:38pm On Jul 07, 2014
Op read my mind wella..

Cos people make marketing looks like a scary Dracula smiley
Re: Marketing Or Operations, Which Is More Challenging In Banking? by AdmiralPato(m): 7:38pm On Jul 07, 2014
irunobo2: OKO NLA BETTER JU KEKERE LOR. cool cool cool cool cool

i have this feeling a male is behind dis account

3 Likes

Re: Marketing Or Operations, Which Is More Challenging In Banking? by Nobody: 7:38pm On Jul 07, 2014
irunobo2: OKO NLA BETTER JU KEKERE LOR. cool cool cool cool cool
0L0riburUku sumb0dy angry

7 Likes

Re: Marketing Or Operations, Which Is More Challenging In Banking? by publicenemy(m): 7:39pm On Jul 07, 2014
working in a bank is in itself stressfull wether you are the bank manager or the cleaner.

Having to spend everyday of your life within the walls of a bank building tied down to your work,oblivious to whats going on in the world,constantly praying and tryin to protect your job,leavng for work as early as 7am and coming home as late as 8pm,bath eat and sleep cos u have to wake early the next day for work year in year out without the time to think of ideas to invest you savngs,and before you know it you are 50,rich wth a house or houses,cars and probably a bank manager and all the fun u are used to is spendng your weekends at a bear palour or cheating on your wife with little girls or hanging out with your family or attending P.T.A meetings and soon you are dead with only your family,colleagues and ur church members the only people in the world who knows you.
Banking is like blood money...you sell ur soul to bank in return for money.
if i get a bank job....i will work for a while,save aggressively and quit....

Working in a bank is good as long as you take every little time you can get to think of your way out.

No disrespect to the bankers in the house.

34 Likes

Re: Marketing Or Operations, Which Is More Challenging In Banking? by manny4life(m): 7:39pm On Jul 07, 2014
Beesluv: Which aspect of Banking is more challenging, boring or stressful?

MARKETING or OPERATIONS

Marketers talk of target and Tellers talk of shortage

Both of them require different set of skills.

Marketers have to customer focused, oriented, know-your-client, must be outgoing, in fact, a successful bank marketing personnel should be friendly, patient, and embody all the qualities that will make their job easy. Marketing is less challenging because it's easier to identify your niche based on your bank's goals, it's really interesting but can be stressful being that goals and targets are the base point of your job

Teller on the other hand require a unique skill sch as basic operation of number and due to the environment, speed is mandatory. Accuracy and speed is optimum. This can be significantly challenging because of pressure and environment, and yes it is boring and stressful. Most tellers are more angry and pissed than any other folks you will come across in banking. They fill they are unfilled

The common denominator for both is they share the same "personality" such as friendliness and patience".

3 Likes

Re: Marketing Or Operations, Which Is More Challenging In Banking? by segun544(m): 7:39pm On Jul 07, 2014
I dey come
Re: Marketing Or Operations, Which Is More Challenging In Banking? by psychologist(m): 7:40pm On Jul 07, 2014
undecided
Re: Marketing Or Operations, Which Is More Challenging In Banking? by jessetom(m): 7:40pm On Jul 07, 2014
hahaha.... made front page in comments....
god punish devil....
Re: Marketing Or Operations, Which Is More Challenging In Banking? by xynerise: 7:41pm On Jul 07, 2014
Marketing exposes you and connect you to all kinds of people. The only problem in marketing is when a target is given. You will be frustrated when your clients are not performing effectively. No job security in marketing as you are likely to be sacked or forced to resign if you fail to meet up with the target.

Operations, especially Tellering involves extra focus on your job. If you have an allergy on cold environment, you better go for marketing. The money you count daily can infect you with a dangerous illness if you don't protect your nose.

Marketers can be promoted within a year if they meet up to their targets, while operations can take up to 5years before they can be promoted.

8 Likes

Re: Marketing Or Operations, Which Is More Challenging In Banking? by dridowu: 7:43pm On Jul 07, 2014
Ok

1 Like

Re: Marketing Or Operations, Which Is More Challenging In Banking? by SmellOfSecondMonkey(f): 7:44pm On Jul 07, 2014
Jezyfreezman: 0L0riburUku sumb0dy angry

WHY ARE YOU PEOPLE SO AGGRESSIVE IS IT A CRIME TO SAY THE TRUTH

1 Like

Re: Marketing Or Operations, Which Is More Challenging In Banking? by abuhson(m): 7:45pm On Jul 07, 2014
definitely marketers if you see target you too go fear.....speaking of what I saw someone lose to Mii passed tru I must admit marketing is a no go area cos the more you achieve your target the more audacious targets you receive.so much for been a banker and the worst of all is that at the end of the day marketers take home pay s notin compared to that of the operators(bulk tellers) safe @least their bonuses when targets is met and in most cases those bonuses enh.....hmmmmm forget it marketers are suffering n banking industry ooo
Re: Marketing Or Operations, Which Is More Challenging In Banking? by SmellOfSecondMonkey(f): 7:46pm On Jul 07, 2014
AdmiralPato:

NO BE MALE NA HAMMERFRODYTE
Re: Marketing Or Operations, Which Is More Challenging In Banking? by Nobody: 7:46pm On Jul 07, 2014
marketing will expose you and widen your knowledge while ops will limit you to sit at a place and repeat a process over and over again doh no target in ops but in mkt you have chances of growth Dan those in ops

3 Likes

Re: Marketing Or Operations, Which Is More Challenging In Banking? by osjoshua(m): 7:48pm On Jul 07, 2014
make I ask my granny..please wait ........

Re: Marketing Or Operations, Which Is More Challenging In Banking? by Danfreeman(m): 7:49pm On Jul 07, 2014
Am an expirence banker in both marketing and operations for nine years.operations is more tasking and stressfull compare to marketing.

4 Likes

Re: Marketing Or Operations, Which Is More Challenging In Banking? by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jul 07, 2014
irunobo2:

WHY ARE YOU PEOPLE SO AGGRESSIVE IS IT A CRIME TO SAY THE TRUTH

Beta Gr0w-Up b0y...........2014 qo s00n finish........i bLiv say dem stiLL dey fEEd U 4 h0use.....nah wetin dey make U misbhave.......mtcheeeew.....
0p0nu alaye ra da undecided

3 Likes

Re: Marketing Or Operations, Which Is More Challenging In Banking? by Big4wig(m): 7:50pm On Jul 07, 2014
AdmiralPato:

seconded

1 Like

Re: Marketing Or Operations, Which Is More Challenging In Banking? by Caracta(f): 7:50pm On Jul 07, 2014
Operations is not all about Tellering.

I find marketing interesting and challenging...but not in the Nigerian setting.

Operations is stressful. With marketing, you can hit your target in 5 minutes. Operations doesn't end.

3 Likes

Re: Marketing Or Operations, Which Is More Challenging In Banking? by ultrazone(m): 7:51pm On Jul 07, 2014
The stress that some marketers in Nigeria pass through does not correlate with the pay..esp the single female ones.
www.WeTalkNaira.com

2 Likes

Re: Marketing Or Operations, Which Is More Challenging In Banking? by technophile(m): 7:51pm On Jul 07, 2014
Both are boring! I think you should try programming and see what you're missing

5 Likes

Re: Marketing Or Operations, Which Is More Challenging In Banking? by san316(m): 7:54pm On Jul 07, 2014
That's the dilemma i'm facing. Though i dnt have a choice, bt i can dcide weda to like it or quit. Marketting or operations. Marketting i think is more stressful bt more rewarding. Operatiƶns, esp tellering is monotonous but risky as a little slip may cost u ur money or job. No risk no reward right. Bt i prefer to start in Operatns and later move to marketting.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Does Future Hold For Chartered Accountants? / Your Experience With Female Bosses / The #nairalife Of A Banker Tempted By Her Family Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.