Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,086 members, 7,814,775 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:32 PM

Nwoye Condemns Politicisation Of Stampede - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nwoye Condemns Politicisation Of Stampede (613 Views)

Oritsejafor And The Politicisation Of CAN / Politicisation Of Boko Haram Insurgency, Bane Of Nigeria’s Anti-terror Fight / Malam Nasir El Rufai And The Politicisation Of Terrorism -must Read, Folks! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nwoye Condemns Politicisation Of Stampede by kingbang: 3:39pm On Nov 04, 2013
One of the candidates of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in the Anambra gubernatorial election, Comrade Tony Nwoye, has called on other aspirants in the state not to politicise the stampede which claimed no fewer than 25 persons during a night vigil at the Holy Ghost Adoration Ministry.

In the same spirit, candidate of the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA), Chief Wilie Obiano, whose party was alleged to have been responsible for the stampede has condoled with the family of the deceased while his counterpart in the All Progressives Congress (APC), Dr. Chris Ngige paid a visit to the survivors and paid their hospital bils.

Governor Peter Obi, Obiano and the APGA National Chairman, Victor Umeh, were at the vigil that later became chaotic when some people started shouting fire to create panic.

The pandemonium created by this resulted in the worshippers and supporters of the APGA scampering for safety, in the process of which no less than 25 people lost their lives and tens of others reportedly injured and rushed to the hospital.

Nwoye who spoke to THISDAY however condoled with the victim’s family, noting that it was imperative for every Anambrarian to realise that this period called for mourning and condoling with the victims’ families and relations and not a period to play politics with a tragic incidence.

“I send my condolence to the victim’s families. This is really very distressing news for me and, for the state, a sad incidence because the loss of a life is bad. Now we are talking of over 25 lives which I must say is both saddening and disheartening. I urge other political players in the state to respect those who died and not play politics with what has happened.

“As a state, we should go into a reflective mood on what is important in government and seek for ways to always better the lot of the ordinary people whom have called us to serve. Anyone who seeks to politicise this stampede for the purpose of making cheap political points; any votes gotten on this premise would be blood vote,” Nwoye said.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/nwoye-condemns-politicisation-of-stampede/163388/
Re: Nwoye Condemns Politicisation Of Stampede by kingbang: 3:40pm On Nov 04, 2013
I hope APC takes note! Bunch of lying scumbags!

(1) (Reply)

409 Nigerians Serving In South African Prison – Investigation / And Oshimole Apologied / We Are Working To Identify Boko Haram External Sponsors - President Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.