Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:54 PM

B.sc Vs Hnd Why The Critics ??? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / B.sc Vs Hnd Why The Critics ??? (1848 Views)

B.sc Vs B.ed-which One Has More Job Opportunity / B.sc Vs B.tech / B. Sc. vs HND: An Unsettled Case? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

B.sc Vs Hnd Why The Critics ??? by garripack: 4:07pm On Nov 04, 2013
i dont really get why all this condemnation and critics in the labour market i am presently a student of Auchi polytechnic and i have some friends that have gotten their HND and even some that have obtained their B.sc yet i don't see the difference in both. i happened to come across some guys discussing about an institution to fill in the up coming jamb Exam and one of them was saying he was planning to attend a polytechnic only to get a serious warning from his Dad stating that HND is not a certificate, that he should aim in getting the cut -off mark of a university in other to acquire a B.sc cert. i was very offended cause i really cant get the reason for the critics, My cousin is 300 year student of university of illorin studying nursing yet i can beat my hand on my chest to say i don't see any different between her and me and i don't believe she would get a job offer before me because i believe in most of this so called university they dont attain the so called standard attached to them. with my experience in the poly. i can even say i 100% prefer a poly. to a uni. and a HND to A B.sc that's my take on this.

whats yours...?
Re: B.sc Vs Hnd Why The Critics ??? by Mnewton(m): 4:28pm On Nov 04, 2013
There is no much difference btw HND nd B.SC..... D only difference is d teacher...
Re: B.sc Vs Hnd Why The Critics ??? by garripack: 4:38pm On Nov 04, 2013
Mnewton: There is no much difference btw HND nd B.SC..... D only difference is d teacher...

HELLO..... TEACHER IN WHAT ARE TRYING TO SAY THE TEACHERS IN POLY ARE LESS QUALIFIED TO THE ONCE IN THE POLY...... PLEASE DON'T JUST REPEAT THAT AGAIN HAVE A TRIP TO AUCHI TO FIND OUT YOUR SELF. WE HAVE PERFECT QUALIFIED, YOUNG AND OLD LECTURERS SO BEWARE!!!!!!!!! OF YOUR COMMENT
Re: B.sc Vs Hnd Why The Critics ??? by Iceman296: 4:47pm On Nov 04, 2013
I see No Difference But Its Just the Nigerian Thingy.

I remember during my IT, i went to this Multi National Company to request for an Attachment space. I was Interviewed and Passed all Necessary Requirements needed. To my Suprise, The HR staff told me i wasn't accepted.
Why because they only Prefare Poly Students whose IT Spans for a Year instead of ours that's Just Six Months!

1 Like

Re: B.sc Vs Hnd Why The Critics ??? by Mnewton(m): 4:47pm On Nov 04, 2013
garripack:

HELLO..... TEACHER IN WHAT ARE TRYING TO SAY THE TEACHERS IN POLY ARE LESS QUALIFIED TO THE ONCE IN THE POLY...... PLEASE DON'T JUST REPEAT THAT AGAIN HAVE A TRIP TO AUCHI TO FIND OUT YOUR SELF. WE HAVE PERFECT QUALIFIED, YOUNG AND OLD LECTURERS SO BEWARE!!!!!!!!! OF YOUR COMMENT
i am not saying dat their teachers re bad...there is a popular chinese proverb i quote'show me your teacher and i will tell the stuff u re made up of' @ the university u ve countless number of qualified professors and doctors...bt in most polytecnic there re imited number of qualified teachers..... E.g kogi state polytecnic has only one professor which happens to be the rector of the polytecnic....the value acruin to polytecnic education is less compared with dat of university...take it or leave it...
Re: B.sc Vs Hnd Why The Critics ??? by garripack: 4:56pm On Nov 04, 2013
Mnewton: i am not saying dat their teachers re bad...there is a popular chinese proverb i quote'show me your teacher and i will tell the stuff u re made up of' @ the university u ve countless number of qualified professors and doctors...bt in most polytecnic there re imitited number of qualified teachers..... E.g kogi state polytecnic has only one professor which happens to be the rector of the university....
MR MAN STORY THAT TOUCHES PLEASE MAKE YOUR RESEARCH WELL IN AUCHI POLY WE HAVE COUNTLESS OF PROFESSORS. EVEN ITS A COMPETITION BETWEEN THE YOUNG LECTURERS SO PLEASE STOP THAT TEACHER STUFF......
Re: B.sc Vs Hnd Why The Critics ??? by pendusky(m): 5:00pm On Nov 04, 2013
am watching!!
Re: B.sc Vs Hnd Why The Critics ??? by garripack: 5:03pm On Nov 04, 2013
pendusky: am watching!!
watching what !!!
Re: B.sc Vs Hnd Why The Critics ??? by Mnewton(m): 5:05pm On Nov 04, 2013
garripack:
MR MAN STORY THAT TOUCHES PLEASE MAKE YOUR RESEARCH WELL IN AUCHI POLY WE HAVE COUNTLESS OF PROFESSORS. EVEN ITS A COMPETITION BETWEEN THE YOUNG LECTURERS SO PLEASE STOP THAT TEACHER STUFF......
i agree with what u re saying..its my own opinion though....the issue on ground is that of a very few eggs spoiling d rest..am not saying dat all polytecnic s have limited number of teachers.that will be a fallacy of hasty generalization...but the few i know re d ones changing my perspective about polytecnic education...we conducted an interview recently nd a poly student was asked d difference btw 2 * 4 and 4 * 2.......gush he was so confused dat he got it wrong...
Re: B.sc Vs Hnd Why The Critics ??? by fabby26(m): 5:07pm On Nov 04, 2013
Even some so called polys that boost of being grounded or trained in technical and practical training lack most if not all essential equipment required to make the person good technically more than his/her university counterpart that mainly engage in theory and research, so most poly students are in dearth of that requisite technical skills. Suffice to say that most polytechnics are just glorified secondary schools per say. Even the secondary school i attended has better equipped laboratories than some polytechnics that acclaimed to be technically-oriented, due to poor funding. If government wants the polys to be in par with or even greater than Unis, the govt should matter of fact equip the polys with state-of-art and cutting-edge tools for technical training and also upgrade the crop of lecturers in poly to Profs, and PhDs in technology. Polys should also engage in research. Even if polys are not good theoretically, at least they should be abreast of latest cutting edge technological advancement as it is obtainable in other technical schools & polys in developed economy.

1 Like

Re: B.sc Vs Hnd Why The Critics ??? by garripack: 5:11pm On Nov 04, 2013
Mnewton: i agree with what u re saying..its my own opinion though....the issue on ground is that of a very few eggs spoiling d rest..am not saying dat all polytecnic s have limited number of teachers.that will be a fallacy of hasty generalization...but the few i know re d ones changing my perspective about polytecnic education...we conducted an interview recently nd a poly student was asked d difference btw 2 * 4 and 4 * 2.......gush he was so confused dat he got it wrong...

u must be a uni. student i want to let you know that if you can come out from auchi poly with an upper credit then i assuring you that you would acquire a first class in the university.

please make your research before spilling out trash they a lot of university graduate that can not even write letter of application gosh beat that...
Re: B.sc Vs Hnd Why The Critics ??? by Mnewton(m): 5:21pm On Nov 04, 2013
garripack:

u must be a uni. student i want to let you know that if you can come out from auchi poly with an upper credit then i assuring you that you would acquire a first class in the university. U re begining to take it personal......a first class student? N d university? Am sowry to tell u dat local champions re everywere..u might be a champion in ur village bt nt in my village...were ur ability stops might be d starting point of other persons ability...take note....i rest my case

please make your research before spilling out trash they a lot of university graduate that can not even write letter of application gosh beat that...
Re: B.sc Vs Hnd Why The Critics ??? by garripack: 6:12pm On Nov 04, 2013
fabby26: Even some so called polys that boost of being grounded or trained in technical and practical training lack most if not all essential equipment required to make the person good technically more than his/her university counterpart that mainly engage in theory and research, so most poly students are in dearth of that requisite technical skills. Suffice to say that most polytechnics are just glorified secondary schools per say. Even the secondary school i attended has better equipped laboratories than some polytechnics that acclaimed to be technically-oriented, due to poor funding. If government wants the polys to be in par with or even greater than Unis, the govt should matter of fact equip the polys with state-of-art and cutting-edge tools for technical training and also upgrade the crop of lecturers in poly to Profs, and PhDs in technology. Polys should also engage in research. Even if polys are not good theoretically, at least they should be abreast of latest cutting edge technological advancement as it is obtainable in other technical schools & polys in developed economy.

what a pity... glorified secondary school

then what would you call a computer science student from a university like Unilag or Uniben that cant identify a keyboard or a mechanical engineer from AAU that cant identify a spanner am actually full of sympathy ask your self why with so many b.sc with have the so callled facilities they still find it very difficult to work out their way in the labour market hmmmmmm..... with so much intellectual yet noting to write home about. with so much being thought yet some uni. student still find it difficult to write an application letter embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed so much pain
Re: B.sc Vs Hnd Why The Critics ??? by Ujawissy: 6:37pm On Nov 04, 2013
If i may ask what course are you stud..?
Re: B.sc Vs Hnd Why The Critics ??? by garripack: 7:39pm On Nov 04, 2013
Ujawissy: If i may ask what course are you stud..?

what course are you studying too ....... botany i guesss university my foot define botany it becomes a problem
Re: B.sc Vs Hnd Why The Critics ??? by Olugbenger(m): 8:54pm On Nov 04, 2013
'

1 Like

Re: B.sc Vs Hnd Why The Critics ??? by Ujawissy: 9:20pm On Nov 04, 2013
garripack:

what course are you studying too ....... botany i guesss university my foot define botany it becomes a problem
why such reply?try to be civil you sound more of a garage boy than a poly undergraduate if you cannot comment without rude statement,is botany not a course?any way i'm an engineering student in oau.i would like to know urs bro? sad
Re: B.sc Vs Hnd Why The Critics ??? by Ujawissy: 9:26pm On Nov 04, 2013
You can't learn if you continue to exhibit this character of yours.if poly is the best higher edu you think you can acquire, then let that be d portion of you and your generation.thanks
Re: B.sc Vs Hnd Why The Critics ??? by ednut1(m): 9:47pm On Nov 04, 2013
garripack:

your rants here won't change a thing, most employers want bsc, go nd re write jamb nd stop consoling urself
Re: B.sc Vs Hnd Why The Critics ??? by fabby26(m): 10:01pm On Nov 04, 2013
garripack:

what a pity... glorified secondary school

then what would you call a computer science student from a university like Unilag or Uniben that cant identify a keyboard or a mechanical engineer from AAU that cant identify a spanner am actually full of sympathy ask your self why with so many b.sc with have the so callled facilities they still find it very difficult to work out their way in the labour market hmmmmmm..... with so much intellectual yet noting to write home about. with so much being thought yet some uni. student still find it difficult to write an application letter embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed so much pain

Bro, I don't want to know the grudge you have in mind against uni graduates. You highlighted twice in your posts on the issue of uni graduates not being able to write good application letters. I am not trying to undermine poly graduates, just that they are not given the pride of place in the society. There are as many unserious poly graduates as there are uni graduates. So is just depends on how one chose to develop oneself. SIMPLE

1 Like

Re: B.sc Vs Hnd Why The Critics ??? by chuksisaac: 11:04pm On Nov 04, 2013
dis is naija and we all knw d deal 4 real.uni's are hyped than poly anytym..beta stop consoling yaself nd work 2wards dat ur uppercredit,n.b:em a poly stud
Re: B.sc Vs Hnd Why The Critics ??? by garripack: 3:16pm On Nov 05, 2013
chuksisaac: dis is naija and we all knw d deal 4 real.uni's are hyped than poly anytym..beta stop consoling yaself nd work 2wards dat ur uppercredit,n.b:em a poly stud

you are totally out of ya mind Mr. uni so hyped yet the product they produce are total scrap sorry to say except from medical student in the uni's who come out with promising Jobs of becoming licensed medical practitioner the rest of the so called B.sc holders are just empty drums... making the loudest noise....

i learn how to define all my life with out attempting any single practical and still the definition i still find it very hard to defend out there yet am proud to be a B.sc Graduate.....

my friend i have noting against you i only have something against your over hyped pride over uni's with many professor's yet noting to show for it angry angry only blocking your way through your funny theories and acquiring your funny B.sc

my point
Re: B.sc Vs Hnd Why The Critics ??? by garripack: 3:25pm On Nov 05, 2013
ednut1: your rants here won't change a thing, most employers want bsc, go nd re write jamb nd stop consoling urself

yet with the B.sc you have being at Home since you graduated my advice take the upcoming jamb (that is if have the money) go and write it (that is if you know it) and come apply in Auchi Poly (that is if you would pass) you would run after ND1 shocked shocked shocked surprise rite..... Poly no Be uni Blocking no they work for here shocked shocked shocked shocked and secondly we don't read rhymes (theory shit) practical to the bone..... yes oooo our exams are not your funny obj. give away exams angry angry angry angry if you don't read you would surely fail Go ask about us well

proud polyte !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin grin grin grin
Re: B.sc Vs Hnd Why The Critics ??? by packman: 4:06pm On Nov 05, 2013
ednut1: your rants here won't change a thing, most employers want bsc, go nd re write jamb nd stop consoling urself

YOUR DREAMS SHA..... undecided undecided undecided undecided AM SURE YOUR FATHER JOIN FOR THE EMPLOYER'S

@ MOD PLEASE THIS SHOULD BE ON THE FRONT ITS A VERY COMPETITIVE TOPIC

@ OP The truth is that i feel your pain the Nigerian Poly foundation was being built on a weak ground as a matter of fact polytechnic were actually a play Ground in the early 70's and 80's letting the universities taking all the educational Glory before they could realize it, they were already written off in the labour market.

am sure polytechnic students back in the 80's would confirm my statement. but the truth is that most polytechnic has improved beyond mere educational standard polytechnic like yabatech, auchipoly, nekede poly etc this are the ones i am very sure of.

the polytechnic is no more the poly we use to know. but i think the polys need to work more in other to take the glory from the universities since they involve more in practicals for them to be recognized in the labour market.

my opinion
Re: B.sc Vs Hnd Why The Critics ??? by ednut1(m): 4:14pm On Nov 05, 2013
garripack:

yet with the B.sc you have being at Home since you graduated my advice take the upcoming jamb (that is if have the money) go and write it (that is if you know it) and come apply in Auchi Poly (that is if you would pass) you would run after ND1 shocked shocked shocked surprise rite..... Poly no Be uni Blocking no they work for here shocked shocked shocked shocked and secondly we don't read rhymes (theory shit) practical to the bone..... yes oooo our exams are not your funny obj. give away exams angry angry angry angry if you don't read you would surely fail Go ask about us well

see who dey talk, fyi in did alevels in washood heath technology college uk before comin bk to unilorin, so if ur talkin of affording ur auchi poly u gat d wrong guy, its no coincidence UK has scraped poly in d 1990s , so wen u mention poly in global sense its extinct ok, add me on bbm leme share u pics to prove myself, poly scum bag.
Re: B.sc Vs Hnd Why The Critics ??? by ednut1(m): 4:23pm On Nov 05, 2013
packman:

YOUR DREAMS SHA..... undecided undecided undecided undecided AM SURE YOUR FATHER JOIN FOR THE EMPLOYER'S

@ MOD PLEASE THIS SHOULD BE ON THE FRONT ITS A VERY COMPETITIVE TOPIC

@ OP The truth is that i feel your pain the Nigerian Poly foundation was being built on a weak ground as a matter of fact polytechnic were actually a play Ground in the early 70's and 80's letting the universities taking all the educational Glory before they could realize it, they were already written off in the labour market.

am sure polytechnic students back in the 80's would confirm my statement. but the truth is that most polytechnic has improved beyond mere educational standard polytechnic like yabatech, auchipoly, nekede poly etc this are the ones i am very sure of.

the polytechnic is no more the poly we use to know. but i think the polys need to work more in other to take the glory from the universities since they involve more in practicals for them to be recognized in the labour market.

my opinion
I agree wit u, my fada went to poly nd got employment wit RT briscoe back den, d guy is jst bitter but d reality is his rants won't change anytin, op have u ever seen a bsc student writing jamb after gettin admission lookin for poly admin, but most poly students write jamb every year seek uni admission, u beta join dem nd not waste ur self, cos 9ja is a harsh place, stereotypes are hard to stop, my son be wise
Re: B.sc Vs Hnd Why The Critics ??? by garripack: 5:27pm On Nov 05, 2013
ednut1: see who dey talk, fyi in did alevels in washood heath technology college uk before comin bk to unilorin, so if ur talkin of affording ur auchi poly u gat d wrong guy, its no coincidence UK has scraped poly in d 1990s , so wen u mention poly in global sense its extinct ok, add me on bbm leme share u pics to prove myself, poly scum bag.

hahahahahahahha UNIVERSITY OF ILLORINS PRODUCT CANT TELL THE MEANING OF A TECHNOLOGY COLLEGE LOLS

AM ASHAMED PROVE YOUR SELF ON BBM MY GOD YOUR SENSES ARE EXTINCT grin grin grin grin
Re: B.sc Vs Hnd Why The Critics ??? by ednut1(m): 5:28pm On Nov 05, 2013
garripack:

hahahahahahahha UNIVERSITY OF ILLORINS PRODUCT CANT TELL THE MEANING OF A TECHNOLOGY COLLEGE LOLS

AM ASHAMED PROVE YOUR SELF ON BBM MY GOD YOUR SENSES ARE EXTINCT grin grin grin grin
jst a kid

2 Likes

Re: B.sc Vs Hnd Why The Critics ??? by Isodice: 5:31pm On Nov 05, 2013
garripack:

you are getting it all wrong or are you coming from the perspective of 'appreciate whatever you have'?u can't compare poly to uni...it must always be uni because of the so called 'Nigerian thing', though I graduated from a fed poly...my advice: get ur self into uni or try to make a distinction frm a poly...or after OND, get into uni via DE. Getting into uni via DE gives u an edge,
Re: B.sc Vs Hnd Why The Critics ??? by garripack: 5:32pm On Nov 05, 2013
ednut1: I agree wit u, my fada went to poly nd got employment wit RT briscoe back den, d guy is jst bitter but d reality is his rants won't change anytin, op have u ever seen a bsc student writing jamb after gettin admission lookin for poly admin, but most poly students write jamb every year seek uni admission, u beta join dem nd not waste ur self, cos 9ja is a harsh place, stereotypes are hard to stop, my son be wise

lolz that's becoz they dont value them self like brainless you if all uni student have same sense of reason that you gat then Godforbid Uni lolz..... grin

you doll sha.....
Re: B.sc Vs Hnd Why The Critics ??? by ednut1(m): 6:00pm On Nov 05, 2013
garripack:

u need enlightenment, which ur auchi poly can't give u, in uk after secondary skul u proceed to college to get alevels for 2 years, den u proceed to univerity, d college of technology am talkin about is nt d type of yaba tech, u must really feel stupid for being so dumb sha
Re: B.sc Vs Hnd Why The Critics ??? by packman: 6:09pm On Nov 05, 2013
ednut1: u need enlightenment, which ur auchi poly can't give u, in uk after secondary skul u proceed to college to get alevels for 2 years, den u proceed to univerity, d college of technology am talkin about is nt d type of yaba tech, u must really feel stupid for being so dumb sha
why re you acting like this...
cos you rigmaroled the street of uk does no make spill trash here guy if you have ever being to the uk as you claimed then try act reasonably angry angry angry angry and as a garage trash.... am not insulting you mind you.... only proving my point

(1) (2) (Reply)

University Of Maiduguri (UNIMAID) 2014/2015 Admission Thread / Final School Resumption Date / Akanu Ibiam Federal Polytechnic Unwana (matriculation)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.