Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,624 members, 7,820,210 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:26 AM

B.sc Vs Hnd Why The Critics ??? - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / B.sc Vs Hnd Why The Critics ??? (1863 Views)

B.sc Vs B.ed-which One Has More Job Opportunity / B.sc Vs B.tech / B. Sc. vs HND: An Unsettled Case? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: B.sc Vs Hnd Why The Critics ??? by packman: 6:11pm On Nov 05, 2013
garripack:

lolz that's becoz they dont value them self like brainless you if all uni student have same sense of reason that you gat then Godforbid Uni lolz..... grin

you doll sha.....

guy please try Grow up stop being childish this is not how to prove your point

2 Likes

Re: B.sc Vs Hnd Why The Critics ??? by ednut1(m): 6:17pm On Nov 05, 2013
packman:
why re you acting like this...
cos you rigmaroled the street of uk does no make spill trash here guy if you have ever being to the uk as you claimed then try act reasonably angry angry angry angry and as a garage trash.... am not insulting you mind you.... only proving my point
any1 can make typo error, d op needs to be told d truth, frustration is getting to him
Re: B.sc Vs Hnd Why The Critics ??? by GboyegaD(m): 6:43pm On Nov 05, 2013
I have been on both sides of the divide and I think what we should be focus on should be the objectives of each institution. It saddens my heart that the nation isn't helping when it comes to this discrimination and it still has to do with the fact that we lack an indepth understanding of both institutions. Be that as it may, my usual advice to anyone is "try as much as you can to attend a university if you are opportuned, otherwise, focus on your HND and be the best you can be". Remember, a man's gift make ways for him.

Lastly, my Garr!pack, I will suggest you mind the way you are going about your argument as I see you as one of the bad product who gives the polytechnic a bad name. I expect you to put your points across in a decent manner devoid of insults. If you are going about it this way with those you even don't know on a faceless forum, what happens when you are arguing such topics with your friends? Perhaps you do not know that your line of argument only suggest you do not have points to solidify your reasoning thus, it is preferable you either argue tactically or keep quiet rather than give people more doubt about the polytechnic by your reasoning.
Re: B.sc Vs Hnd Why The Critics ??? by Nobody: 8:21pm On Nov 05, 2013
Good day Uncles,

Truth be told, full polytechic education is a waste of time because there are fewer opportunites for polytechnic graduates in Nigeria in all ramifications. I am an OND holder, praying earnestly to get admission into the university this year.
Most people i respect most are guys that hold both certificates ranging from OND,HND, Bsc. From my own view sir(s), the need for having a first degree cannot be overemphasized,there are numerous opportunities for university students sef not to talk of graduates (the likes of scholarship though there are scholarship scheme for poly students too but at a very minimal rate,there are numerous scholarship for uni students provided that such student(s) meet the Establishment requirements, meanwhile, brilliant poly students can only dream of it, competitons, convocations e.t.c), Even if you study the worst course in university, your chance of making it in the corporate world is higher than the holder of the best course and even the best grade (4.0/ 4.0) of a polytechnic. In terms of student palava, that one is based on individual not the school you attended or the one you are attending,universities can make better brains and minds, they just provide a better enivironment that would bring the best of those better brains.

From what Uncle Gboyega has said, find all possible ways and get the degree. Even he is the one that motivated me to get degree by all means because i once read a thread where he explaind how he was running his HND alongside BSc with his NYSC scheme.
Re: B.sc Vs Hnd Why The Critics ??? by GboyegaD(m): 8:55pm On Nov 05, 2013
Dekins88: Good day Uncles,

Truth be told, full polytechic education is a waste of time because there are fewer opportunites for polytechnic graduates in Nigeria in all ramifications. I am an OND holder, praying earnestly to get admission into the university this year.
Most people i respect most are guys that hold both certificates ranging from OND,HND, Bsc. From my own view sir(s), the need for having a first degree cannot be overemphasized,there are numerous opportunities for university students sef not to talk of graduates (the likes of scholarship though there are scholarship scheme for poly students too but at a very minimal rate,there are numerous scholarship for uni students provided that such student(s) meet the Establishment requirements, meanwhile, brilliant poly students can only dream of it, competitons, convocations e.t.c), Even if you study the worst course in university, your chance of making it in the corporate world is higher than the holder of the best course and even the best grade (4.0/ 4.0) of a polytechnic. In terms of student palava, that one is based on individual not the school you attended or the one you are attending,universities can make better brains and minds, they just provide a better enivironment that would bring the best of those better brains.

From what Uncle Gboyega has said, find all possible ways and get the degree. Even he is the one that motivated me to get degree by all means because i once read a thread where he explaind how he was running his HND alongside BSc with his NYSC scheme.

I am happy I am able to encourage someone and I pray God grants the desires of your heart. One thing I believe in is that God has His way of making our dreams a reality.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Here Are Some Jamb Questions That Came Out On Saturday / Which University In Nigeria Runs The Fatest LLM Program? / Several Things Bill Gates Said Today About Nigeria That You Should Take Note Of

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.