Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,848 members, 7,813,868 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:17 PM

Nairalander Needs Help To Stop Drug Abuse & Addiction - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nairalander Needs Help To Stop Drug Abuse & Addiction (11825 Views)

Codeine Abuse & Addiction Effects, Signs & Symptoms / How Sexual Abuse By Male Police Officers Fuels HIV Among Female Colleagues / Kano Is Nigeria’s Drug Abuse Hot Spot- NDLEA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairalander Needs Help To Stop Drug Abuse & Addiction by Nobody: 1:49pm On Nov 05, 2013
He should go to rehab....He cannot stop his addiction abruptly even if he has all the mental determination in the world to do so....he will suffer from withdrawal symptoms. So to combat this, he will need some medications to aid him....So i suggest he seeks professional help....usually anti-depressants are used to help with the withdrawal symptoms.....With proper care, love and support, he will come out a better person.
Re: Nairalander Needs Help To Stop Drug Abuse & Addiction by njuwo(m): 1:57pm On Nov 05, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

T.b joshua looks like addict with his untidy hair and beard
May God forgive the hand you used in typing this.
Re: Nairalander Needs Help To Stop Drug Abuse & Addiction by Sagamite(m): 3:04pm On Nov 05, 2013
Booty butt chic: Hello fellow Nlders,I have a friend who loves taking kush,codeine,several shits and stuffs like that,and I noticed most people around him knows that because he even posts pictures of him sniffing shits on social networks and they don't even seem to care....

so I took time out today after thinking of how to make my approach and also saw that thread on majek fashek,so I picked up courage talked to him seriously and also showed him pictures of majek fashek,he freaked out and was like can I help him ,

What can he do to stop taking does things.......SO I decided to bring it down here....You should please drop any advice or procedure you feel is right for him.......

You get time.

To me, friend or no friend, he can go to hell. Let him sniff himself to death. undecided
Re: Nairalander Needs Help To Stop Drug Abuse & Addiction by chrisovo: 3:08pm On Nov 05, 2013
Pls see TBJ for deliverance
Re: Nairalander Needs Help To Stop Drug Abuse & Addiction by lovat(m): 3:24pm On Nov 05, 2013
yuzedo: okay. am a kind man. and a former dibbia. so i will help you and your suger daddy. smiley

mix the intestine of a ants, + the blood of a gorila + the menstuation of a wall gecko + 3 cube of unicorn suger (dont use st.louis) + the burnt ashes of $10000 dollars note and one kolanut dat was grown on a pawpaw three. boil it in a agege bread nylons and den sniff it three time.

you will be okay. angry

Dont tenk me. tenk god. angry
See wetin Africa Magic dey make u yeye
Re: Nairalander Needs Help To Stop Drug Abuse & Addiction by Fawklicant: 3:29pm On Nov 05, 2013
WildChild00: [size=20pt]Recommend him to the barrack, let my fellow soldiers deal with him for one week. [/size]

That is where you and your ilk show your power. Useless buffoons! When you see hapless civilians, you turn to King Kong but when ordinary bros boko shows up, you all chicken out. Fooooooollllsssssss!
Re: Nairalander Needs Help To Stop Drug Abuse & Addiction by Bootybuttchic(f): 3:39pm On Nov 05, 2013
Ayam_Kay: NDLEA no dey your state Call 'em up. If the n*gga spend 2weeks for cell, next time when u mention co... The guyman go enta ground before you even talk the ...caine grin
#just saying
grin grin grin
Re: Nairalander Needs Help To Stop Drug Abuse & Addiction by Bootybuttchic(f): 3:41pm On Nov 05, 2013
iterator25: Oooboy junkies full this country oo... emmm.. booty butter chick abi wetin be your name, talk true, na you de smoke the gbana abi na your friend? ! Be honest
stop being a slowpoke smiley
Re: Nairalander Needs Help To Stop Drug Abuse & Addiction by Bootybuttchic(f): 3:42pm On Nov 05, 2013
Sagamite:

You get time.

To me, friend or no friend, he can go to hell. Let him sniff himself to death. undecided
OMG! shocked
Re: Nairalander Needs Help To Stop Drug Abuse & Addiction by Ishilove: 3:45pm On Nov 05, 2013
Vic-jay:
u must like sucking an unkept kunt. And u are addicted to it.
O...my...GOD!!! shocked shocked

cheesy cheesy
Re: Nairalander Needs Help To Stop Drug Abuse & Addiction by Bootybuttchic(f): 3:45pm On Nov 05, 2013
yuzedo: okay. am a kind man. and a former dibbia. so i will help you and your suger daddy. smiley

mix the intestine of a ants, + the blood of a gorila + the menstuation of a wall gecko + 3 cube of unicorn suger (dont use st.louis) + the burnt ashes of $10000 dollars note and one kolanut dat was grown on a pawpaw three. boil it in a agege bread nylons and den sniff it three time.

you will be okay. angry

weyrey grin
Re: Nairalander Needs Help To Stop Drug Abuse & Addiction by Bootybuttchic(f): 3:48pm On Nov 05, 2013
Thank u all for d advices, need 2 go and pull his hear asap.... smiley

And thanks mod 4 puttin dis onn d front page
Re: Nairalander Needs Help To Stop Drug Abuse & Addiction by Ishilove: 3:48pm On Nov 05, 2013
brainzdh:

Are you thinking wat I'm thinking? angry
I fink so, brain grin
Re: Nairalander Needs Help To Stop Drug Abuse & Addiction by Bootybuttchic(f): 3:51pm On Nov 05, 2013
nerodenero: Seems the OP likes the dude cheesy. Anyway, addiction takes time to build and at the same time, to reverse the trend, it has to be a gradual process. Change is the only constant thing in life. Show him pictures of those who were addicts and eventually turned a new leaf. Make him believe he can change and it is possible for him to attain that change if he is willing and strong-willed to do so.
ur not cerious,he's just a friend grin,yea I showed him pictures and he freaked out too
Re: Nairalander Needs Help To Stop Drug Abuse & Addiction by Bootybuttchic(f): 3:54pm On Nov 05, 2013
brainzdh:

Are you thinking wat I'm thinking? angry
ur crazy ooo....fu.cker grin grin ....I listen 2 it doesn't mean I do it
Re: Nairalander Needs Help To Stop Drug Abuse & Addiction by Bootybuttchic(f): 3:54pm On Nov 05, 2013
Ishilove:
I fink so, brain grin
kaii grin ...NL peepz na wa!

1 Like

Re: Nairalander Needs Help To Stop Drug Abuse & Addiction by Fawklicant: 3:57pm On Nov 05, 2013
Booty butt chic: Thank u all for d advices, need 2 go and pull his hear asap.... smiley

And thanks mod 4 puttin dis onn d front page
Re: Nairalander Needs Help To Stop Drug Abuse & Addiction by Imagod(m): 4:00pm On Nov 05, 2013
He should replace his addiction with another addiction. For example he should try engaging in sports, join a book club or volunteer for some work or anything that will make him physically and psychologically active. And if he believes he should pray also.
Re: Nairalander Needs Help To Stop Drug Abuse & Addiction by Fawklicant: 4:12pm On Nov 05, 2013
I'm a god:
He should replace his addiction with another addiction. For example he should try engaging in sports, join a book club or volunteer for some work or anything that will make him physically and psychologically active. And if he believes he should pray also.

We are not talking about 'igbo' or alomo addiction here but serious stuff like coke, meth, angel dust and the likes. He needs to check in for rehab at the psychiatric hospital.
Re: Nairalander Needs Help To Stop Drug Abuse & Addiction by Bootybuttchic(f): 4:54pm On Nov 05, 2013
Urine:

She is the "friend ".
thanks jare!
Re: Nairalander Needs Help To Stop Drug Abuse & Addiction by BluMalam(m): 5:46pm On Nov 05, 2013
First a few notes...

1. Of all the drugs he takes, i will confidently tell you codeine is the most difficult to stop, its effect is psychological as well.
2. Codeine is the gateway, it leaves a user with a longing to smoke something, and whoever discovers the 'high' of weed after codeine, will never want to stop it. Same with cigarettes.
3. Confirm from him if he also takes rohypnol, they usually go together.

Now the solution.

1. Complete segregation from friends that use the drug with him, aka enablers.
2. He should change his hangout(s), as i said, the drugs are psychological, being there while trying to stop is an effort in futility.
3. Most codeine users don't take alcohol. For the withdrawal period, take him out to have a couple of bottles in the evening, this is to replace the absent high (if u know what i mean)
4. Prayers. Seriously. These things have a spirit, i am not saying he should go for deliverance a la TBJ style, just honest communion with his God, if possible, he should get a loved one to pray with him.
5. If possible, he should disclose his habit to his family, they will be disappointed at first, but will be relieved because disclosure expresses a strong intention/willingness to stop. (They already know anyway or have been suspicious).
6. Again, pray consistently with a family member, preferably the mother.

Forget all the NDLEA and Rehab talk, it never works. The network inmates form in rehab is second to none. When they come out, they always get worse in the habit and become more effective in concealing it.

I wish you and your friend the best of luck. Cheers.
Re: Nairalander Needs Help To Stop Drug Abuse & Addiction by Rottenegg1: 6:44pm On Nov 05, 2013
Vic-jay:
u must like sucking an unkept kunt. And u are addicted to it.
OMG! You just fathered the poor dude.. grin grin
Re: Nairalander Needs Help To Stop Drug Abuse & Addiction by Sagamite(m): 7:01pm On Nov 05, 2013
Booty butt chic: OMG! shocked

Ki lo OMG ni be? (Wetin OMG there?)

Na you give am something to sniff?

Abi you force am? undecided

Abeg, good riddance to any person that wants to ruin his life. I go come chop ponmo meat for im burial.
Re: Nairalander Needs Help To Stop Drug Abuse & Addiction by Bootybuttchic(f): 7:52pm On Nov 05, 2013
Sagamite:

Ki lo OMG ni be? (Wetin OMG there?)

Na you give am something to sniff?

Abi you force am? undecided

Abeg, good riddance to any person that wants to ruin his life. I go come chop ponmo meat for im burial.

kaii ..... grin grin grin
Re: Nairalander Needs Help To Stop Drug Abuse & Addiction by Nobody: 9:22pm On Nov 05, 2013

you will be okay. angry

werey leyi o! grin
Re: Nairalander Needs Help To Stop Drug Abuse & Addiction by darnley16(m): 7:48am On Nov 06, 2013
Jayses: Accept Jesus as ur personal Lord n savior n see wht happens next
mehn u stupiid ohh

3 Likes

Re: Nairalander Needs Help To Stop Drug Abuse & Addiction by mimicue(f): 3:15pm On Nov 06, 2013
Rehab that's all
Re: Nairalander Needs Help To Stop Drug Abuse & Addiction by Sagamite(m): 3:41pm On Nov 06, 2013
darnley16: mehn u stupiid ohh

No blame am too much o.

Na Nigerian government destroy im life.

His brain is dead after being starved of all forms of nutrients it needs to grow and develop for robust thinking. Nutrients like a balanced diet and high quality education.

Naija dey destroy people.
Re: Nairalander Needs Help To Stop Drug Abuse & Addiction by loco4love: 4:31pm On Nov 06, 2013
bootybuttchic

I bless you for being a good friend. May God and Christ give you peace, prosperity and joy. Amen

Help your friend get to a rehab clinic and a caring pastor. He is going to need the help of the Divine Saviour.

May God give your friend the strength to overcome addiction.

There could be something in his past haunting him talk to him about his emotions and his past.
Re: Nairalander Needs Help To Stop Drug Abuse & Addiction by Bootybuttchic(f): 4:44pm On Nov 06, 2013
loco4love: bootybuttchic

I bless you for being a good friend. May God and Christ give you peace, prosperity and joy. Amen

Help your friend get to a rehab clinic and a caring pastor. He is going to need the help of the Divine Saviour.

There could be something in his past haunting him talk to him about his emotions and his past.
Amen and u too...thanks hun!
Re: Nairalander Needs Help To Stop Drug Abuse & Addiction by Justeenaleo(f): 11:56pm On Nov 06, 2013
loco4love: bootybuttchic

or he jst likes it
Re: Nairalander Needs Help To Stop Drug Abuse & Addiction by Justeenaleo(f): 12:00am On Nov 07, 2013
let him be,often tyms dey dnt like to b stopped,dey jst need u to understand dem nd help em roll d blunt...God will do d rest

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Natural Ways To Increase Your Male Organ / Worrisome Exodus Of Nigerian Doctors - Dr. Ojinmah Uche (NMA) President / Four Million Nigerians Have Type 2 Diabetes — Study

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.