Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,553 members, 7,827,073 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:20 AM

Ex-borno Governor, Sheriff, Acquires $72m Aircraft - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ex-borno Governor, Sheriff, Acquires $72m Aircraft (3332 Views)

Borno Governor Attacks Jonathan, Seeks Amnesty For Boko Haram / Soldiers Open Fire On Borno Governor’s Convoy In Error / New Report Links Ex-governor Sheriff, Chad President To Boko Haram Sponsorship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ex-borno Governor, Sheriff, Acquires $72m Aircraft by abu12: 9:19am On Nov 05, 2013
sweet_gala:

No, but when do we shout enough!

I don't no, but with constant friction within the leaders of this country we see the light one day.
Re: Ex-borno Governor, Sheriff, Acquires $72m Aircraft by cashkidisback1(m): 9:21am On Nov 05, 2013
abu12:

Please say another thing, if the minister is faraway from me what is your business with the former governor, is he not far from you? Even sitting governors has private jet in south, jonathan has fleet of jet.
wit pple lik u as northern gov,almajiris n terrorists wil kip floodin ur strits..instead of condemnin him,u ar shieldin him comparin him wt oduah..hw many gov in d SE past n present has private jet
Re: Ex-borno Governor, Sheriff, Acquires $72m Aircraft by talktrue1(m): 9:25am On Nov 05, 2013
The most annoying thing is that no Nigerian Engineer or pilot will touch the aircraft. Wickedness
Re: Ex-borno Governor, Sheriff, Acquires $72m Aircraft by Orikinla(m): 9:28am On Nov 05, 2013
That $72m is enough to create over 8, 000 jobs for jobless youths being recruited by Boko Haram.
Re: Ex-borno Governor, Sheriff, Acquires $72m Aircraft by Dannylux: 9:36am On Nov 05, 2013
Blesyn014: Nawa oh! If he can buy an aircraft for that huge amount, that means he really stole a lot of money while he was still in power and I'm sure more than this amount will still be remaining. Chei!!!! Where exactly does he wants to fly the aircraft to ? ! I just wonder if some of this politicians have brains sef because they always do outrageous things beyond human comprehension. God!!!!!!
To even think Jonathan asked EFCC to drop all charges against former governors is worrisome.

grin grin grin
Re: Ex-borno Governor, Sheriff, Acquires $72m Aircraft by Nobody: 9:55am On Nov 05, 2013
solomon111: Nonsense.
Your governor is one of your closest government that has a direct impart on your well-being.
The aviation minister is far away, and is virtually a minister for the rich,as only the well-to-do can afford to use air transportion in Nigeria.
If you think any SANE southerner will support this blatant display of corruption by their governor,then you must be mistaken.

See this ibo bigot.

Did you support stella oduah or NOT? You ibos lost the moral rights to condemn anyone.

Here is Orji Uzo Kalu, go and read how you ibos praised him. Is he not a thief?

http://lindaikeji..com/2013/10/in-photos-ex-gov-orji-uzor-kalus-homes.html?m=1

[img]http://4.bp..com/-3jGVaUle8sM/Ul0coV41j_I/AAAAAAACHNA/m6lq78FCekc/s1600/jet.jpg[/img]

[img]http://2.bp..com/-FXHDC9XgZqY/Ul0cmcF4wgI/AAAAAAACHM4/qL7zWemL4OE/s1600/orji+kalu+in+pool.jpg[/img]

[img]http://2.bp..com/-oFRQG9flvzw/Ul0c_harrqI/AAAAAAACHNI/P06oPQMdezk/s1600/4.jpg[/img]

[img]http://2.bp..com/-AMmwDI-kfdo/Ul0dAzJOThI/AAAAAAACHNQ/6Q29T4GHqB4/s1600/8.jpg[/img]

[img]http://1.bp..com/-js3HFdj2ZXM/Ul0dIC-oxAI/AAAAAAACHNw/r5PDM13KdVo/s1600/Front-view-of-the-mansion-448x336.jpg[/img]

[img]http://2.bp..com/-e4p7UZ5qq5I/Ul0dENt8gUI/AAAAAAACHNY/QzNR4f2N6aw/s1600/2078699158_a776ef7257_o.jpg[/img]

^^^
Because this thief is ibo, they called him industrious.

3 Likes

Re: Ex-borno Governor, Sheriff, Acquires $72m Aircraft by gurnam: 10:03am On Nov 05, 2013
*556#:

See this ibo bigot.

Did you support stella oduah or NOT? You ibos lost the moral rights to condemn anyone.

Here is Orji Uzo Kalu, go and read how you ibos praised him. Is he not a thief?

http://lindaikeji..com/2013/10/in-photos-ex-gov-orji-uzor-kalus-homes.html?m=1

[img]http://4.bp..com/-3jGVaUle8sM/Ul0coV41j_I/AAAAAAACHNA/m6lq78FCekc/s1600/jet.jpg[/img]

[img]http://2.bp..com/-FXHDC9XgZqY/Ul0cmcF4wgI/AAAAAAACHM4/qL7zWemL4OE/s1600/orji+kalu+in+pool.jpg[/img]

[img]http://2.bp..com/-oFRQG9flvzw/Ul0c_harrqI/AAAAAAACHNI/P06oPQMdezk/s1600/4.jpg[/img]

[img]http://2.bp..com/-AMmwDI-kfdo/Ul0dAzJOThI/AAAAAAACHNQ/6Q29T4GHqB4/s1600/8.jpg[/img]

[img]http://1.bp..com/-js3HFdj2ZXM/Ul0dIC-oxAI/AAAAAAACHNw/r5PDM13KdVo/s1600/Front-view-of-the-mansion-448x336.jpg[/img]

[img]http://2.bp..com/-e4p7UZ5qq5I/Ul0dENt8gUI/AAAAAAACHNY/QzNR4f2N6aw/s1600/2078699158_a776ef7257_o.jpg[/img]

^^^
Because this thief is ibo, they called him industrious.

Most of them have unusually avoided this thread...they only peeps and dashes out. You know why?

You guess is as good as mine.....they've lost all the moral rights to question anybody on corruption in government.
Re: Ex-borno Governor, Sheriff, Acquires $72m Aircraft by Nobody: 10:04am On Nov 05, 2013
sweet_gala:

Don't be daft, mega billionaires! , most of them were bordering on broke, they were yes boys to political godfathers.
Real billionaires detest politics , as they would rather sponsor politicians who can repay them with contracts, sell government assets at reduced prices and advantageous trading policies
I beg to differ! OUK of Abia state wasn't broke before he became gov in 1999! Because we don't know these people isn't enough reason to cast this aspersion that all of them were broke! The political office just adds to it
Another example is the CBN gov, Rochas etc
Re: Ex-borno Governor, Sheriff, Acquires $72m Aircraft by gurnam: 10:09am On Nov 05, 2013
kaeyame:
I beg to differ! OUK of Abia state wasn't broke before he became gov in 1999! Because we don't know these people isn't enough reason to cast this aspersion that all of them were broke! The political office just adds to it
Another example is the CBN gov, Rochas etc

If you know him so well...what was his net worth before 1999 and what was his worth after 2007?

The same con man that went to Maiduguri to donate cartons full of empty blank papers as Naira notes.

Did you know SAS worth before 1999? SAS is more likely to be far wealthier than OUK prior their entry to the government houses in 1999

You folks have different standards when you are judging.

1 Like

Re: Ex-borno Governor, Sheriff, Acquires $72m Aircraft by sweetgala(m): 10:28am On Nov 05, 2013
abu12:

I don't no, but with constant friction within the leaders of this country we see the light one day.

Do we wait for them to turn the country into a war-ground to suit their interests or do we call this evil facade called democracy what it is now.
I am afraid to say, the only hope for a better future nigeria has is a military lead revolution similar to ghana.
I have been exposed to the ongoings in government and the amount of corruption involved in contracts and politics to think any better.
Re: Ex-borno Governor, Sheriff, Acquires $72m Aircraft by mmsen: 10:28am On Nov 05, 2013
Konmight: There is a lot of money to loot in this country...Nigeria is reaaly a rich country. I'm patiently waiting for my time to come when I shall partake in the national cake. This One Nigeria really favours the corrupt elite. God Bless Nigeria until it disintegrate sha.

This mentality of 'I will loot when my time comes' is unfortunate. It's amazing that in a country where so many people flock to religious ceremonies and waste money (personal and state finances) on 'pilgrimages' that there is so little morality.
Re: Ex-borno Governor, Sheriff, Acquires $72m Aircraft by sweetgala(m): 10:32am On Nov 05, 2013
mmsen:

This mentality of 'I will loot when my time comes' is unfortunate. It's amazing that in a country where so many people flock to religious ceremonies and waste money (personal and state finances) on 'pilgrimages' that there is so little morality.

But why should anyone not loot when their time comes, it's not like the ones gone before them would get punished. Why should i get oppressed by thieves and accept it as normal.
Re: Ex-borno Governor, Sheriff, Acquires $72m Aircraft by ikeyman00(m): 10:34am On Nov 05, 2013
@@@

i think EFCC should get this man now!

shaira get eye self

yeye thing
Re: Ex-borno Governor, Sheriff, Acquires $72m Aircraft by mmsen: 10:44am On Nov 05, 2013
sweet_gala:

But why should anyone not loot when their time comes, it's not like the ones gone before them would get punished. Why should i get oppressed by thieves and accept it as normal.

If you become a public servant then your job should be as servant to the majority - to do what is the best for your environment. Not to take the money intended for one purpose and waste it on luxuries as has been the Nigerian way.

What use is purchasing a Maclaren vehicle when the roads are not well maintained? Or even purchasing multiple televisions or laptops when electricity is not reliable? Or purchasing a private jet when the air traffic control unit is inadequate? Or attempting to establish a business because potential employees will be semi-literate owing to the dreadfully underfunded educational system.

Nigeria is really in need of some kind of revolution as per the French or Russian example whereby those who had abused power were killed, thus evoking fear in anyone silly enough to aspire to hording material wealth that could be used for the benefit of all.

I really do wonder what they teach all you people inside those mosques and churches that seem to be everywhere in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Ex-borno Governor, Sheriff, Acquires $72m Aircraft by Ryda(m): 10:57am On Nov 05, 2013
So?

Why dnt u do some loothing nd acquire ur own money than wasting ur tym mking comments on some fukctards life
Re: Ex-borno Governor, Sheriff, Acquires $72m Aircraft by sweetgala(m): 11:09am On Nov 05, 2013
mmsen:

If you become a public servant then your job should be as servant to the majority - to do what is the best for your environment. Not to take the money intended for one purpose and waste it on luxuries as has been the Nigerian way.

What use is purchasing a Maclaren vehicle when the roads are not well maintained? Or even purchasing multiple televisions or laptops when electricity is not reliable? Or purchasing a private jet when the air traffic control unit is inadequate? Or attempting to establish a business because potential employees will be semi-literate owing to the dreadfully underfunded educational system.

Nigeria is really in need of some kind of revolution as per the French or Russian example whereby those who had abused power are killed, thus evoking fear in anyone silly enough to aspire to hording material wealth that could be used for the benefit of all.

I really do wonder what they teach all you people inside those mosques and churches that seem to be everywhere in Nigeria.

I am personally not advocating laundering of government funds, but what is the moral or judicial deterent in the nigerian society. It simply does not exist.

In Nigeria you either dance to the tune or die, it is not a land of or for the honest.
Re: Ex-borno Governor, Sheriff, Acquires $72m Aircraft by gurnam: 11:13am On Nov 05, 2013
ikeyman00: @@@

i think EFCC should get this man now!

shaira get eye self

yeye thing

EFCC will have to get your Oduah before getting SAS
Re: Ex-borno Governor, Sheriff, Acquires $72m Aircraft by Dpeacemaker101: 11:27am On Nov 05, 2013
kelvin1191: who said crime/terrorism doesnt pay? Afterall tompolo abi na wetin them they call am don buy em own.
don't say what you don't know! He didn't buy anything. I guess Sahara reporters didn't see this news to report or did they turn a blind eye to it? APC progressives indeed, this is just part of the money he had stolen while in office. And his people are suffering and live in poverty and illiteracy, and they say they were born to rule. Maybe to rule the cows and livestock in their region not NIGERIANs.

1 Like

Re: Ex-borno Governor, Sheriff, Acquires $72m Aircraft by mmsen: 11:29am On Nov 05, 2013
sweet_gala:

I am personally not advocating laundering of government funds, but what is the moral or judicial deterent in the nigerian society. It simply does not exist.

In Nigeria you either dance to the tune or die, it is not a land of or for the honest.

The Nigerian people should act as a deterrent. In the same way that they will gladly attack those who will not submit to a religious authority, their fervor should be greater towards those who steal from the public purse. There have been cases of people burnt to death by those who steal from markets or from homes but yet those who misappropriate billions of dollars face no reprimand, such people are not even ostracized in Nigeria.

That is not to say that there is no hope for Nigeria. It has not always been this way. If people would pledge their allegiance to improving their father land instead of promising to do their all on the behest of an abstract idea (such as God/Allah) then Nigeria would readily improve. Nigerians must learn to love Nigeria which means learning to care for and respect the land and the sons and daughters of that land.
Re: Ex-borno Governor, Sheriff, Acquires $72m Aircraft by RockMaxi: 11:58am On Nov 05, 2013

SMH
Re: Ex-borno Governor, Sheriff, Acquires $72m Aircraft by Delafruita(m): 12:02pm On Nov 05, 2013
abu12:

Stop being hypocrite here, is he the first to buy private jet? How many private jet did GEJ has in aso-rock? Was it not raised here? What have you done to these who have bought their own in the past?
only an insane person will find a reason not to condemn this asinine acquisition
Re: Ex-borno Governor, Sheriff, Acquires $72m Aircraft by ikeyman00(m): 12:05pm On Nov 05, 2013
gurnam

and shaira nko?
Re: Ex-borno Governor, Sheriff, Acquires $72m Aircraft by gurnam: 12:08pm On Nov 05, 2013
ikeyman00: gurnam

and shaira nko?

Since 2007...you still never get sense ...old fool.
Re: Ex-borno Governor, Sheriff, Acquires $72m Aircraft by ikeyman00(m): 12:10pm On Nov 05, 2013
^^^ abeg o; u old pass me OLD ewu north
Re: Ex-borno Governor, Sheriff, Acquires $72m Aircraft by gurnam: 12:11pm On Nov 05, 2013
ikeyman00: ^^^ abeg o; u old pass me OLD ewu north

Mumu...what is Shaira?

Let me PM your nemesis on NL...ilugunboy to come and give you your dose.. cheesy cheesy
Re: Ex-borno Governor, Sheriff, Acquires $72m Aircraft by ikeyman00(m): 12:12pm On Nov 05, 2013
^^^ go and ask those who marry 5 yrs old girl near ur village

ewu nama

Let me PM your nemesis on NL...ilugunboy to come and give you your dose.
old man wat dose; he is a dead horse; Ndi igbo knew it; they murdered him already
Re: Ex-borno Governor, Sheriff, Acquires $72m Aircraft by sweetgala(m): 12:15pm On Nov 05, 2013
mmsen:

The Nigerian people should act as a deterrent. In the same way that they will gladly attack those who will not submit to a religious authority, their fervor should be greater towards those who steal from the public purse. There have been cases of people burnt to death by those who steal from markets or from homes but yet those who misappropriate billions of dollars face no reprimand, such people are not even ostracized in Nigeria.

That is not to say that there is no hope for Nigeria. It has not always been this way. If people would pledge their allegiance to improving their father land instead of promising to do their all on the behest of an abstract idea (such as God/Allah) then Nigeria would readily improve. Nigerians must learn to love Nigeria which means learning to care for and respect the land and the sons and daughters of that land.

Nigerian People!

I guess you have been absent in the whole Stella Oduah saga, where yoruba people have been chastised for speaking up, what have the people of lagos done to address Tinubu impunity. Abeg Nigerian people are the main cause, it is amongst us the most corrupt and criminally insane are elected to lead.

gurnam:

Here you go - story of nigeria
Re: Ex-borno Governor, Sheriff, Acquires $72m Aircraft by ikeyman00(m): 12:17pm On Nov 05, 2013
^^ u mind dem; one can agree the IGBO are really special ones which Nigeria need to tap into to develop our dear country through equal equities and so on

but would they?

a simple and localized standard airport creating a whole lot of earthquake should not be a surprise
Re: Ex-borno Governor, Sheriff, Acquires $72m Aircraft by Excellent7(m): 12:19pm On Nov 05, 2013
kaeyame: The way "aircraft posts" attracts unsavory comments on NL and Nigerians in general shows the level of "poverty" in our minds.
Imagine someone asking where he wants to fly to?
Some of these politicians were mega billionaires before assuming office. Be that as it may, I won't rule out corruption

But why is it during and/or after leaving office the acquire these luxury birds since you know "some" of them to be mega billionaires?
Re: Ex-borno Governor, Sheriff, Acquires $72m Aircraft by gurnam: 12:28pm On Nov 05, 2013
ikeyman00: ^^ u mind dem; one can agree the IGBO are really special ones which Nigeria need to tap into to develop our dear country through equal equities and so on

but would they?

a simple and localized standard airport creating a whole lot of earthquake should not be a surprise

You should go back to primary 6.....

Equal equities ke....equal capital ni?

Mumu by infinity....

Thank goodness that you agreed.... that the airport that is sending you all into an hysterical frenzy is local. grin grin
Re: Ex-borno Governor, Sheriff, Acquires $72m Aircraft by ikeyman00(m): 12:34pm On Nov 05, 2013
^^^ well well mumu stay on ur lane; dnt copy me!

fool !
Re: Ex-borno Governor, Sheriff, Acquires $72m Aircraft by gurnam: 12:39pm On Nov 05, 2013
ikeyman00: ^^^ well well mumu stay on ur lane; dnt copy me!

fool !

Na your papa get NL...? Even Seun cannot arrogantly tell any member not to copy him......

Ode..Anuofia!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Constitutional Loopholes To Blame Over Tambuwal’s Crisis – NBA President / Sanusi's early Extremist youth as a member of the Muslim Students Society / Breaking News:buhari Appoint Ogbonnaya Onu As Sfg

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.