Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,321 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:18 AM

Sanusi Cannot Survive In Nigerian Politics - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanusi Cannot Survive In Nigerian Politics (16209 Views)

Nigeria Cannot Survive Without The Igbos” – Femi Aribisala / Nigeria Cannot Survive Without The Igbos - Femi Aribisala / Nigeria Cannot Survive Without The Igbos By Femi Aribisala (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sanusi Cannot Survive In Nigerian Politics by lovat(m): 3:50pm On Nov 05, 2013
okoli chibuzor: Hahahhahahahhahahahhahahahahahha ...... Yes u can't survival in nigeria politics reason because no one to link up also even if u survive in nigeria politics u will still be a rooter....... Who told u are the best cbn governor. Even what have u don. Thank God for ;Dsoludo who has laid down some map for u......... plz go and sleep mr lamido
Next time SPEAK ENGLISH.
Re: Sanusi Cannot Survive In Nigerian Politics by Peterwins(m): 3:51pm On Nov 05, 2013
texazzpete:

He's talking about very high tariffs. heavy tarriffs imposed by the EU on chinese products were only for those products that were brought in at so cheap a price that the local manufacturers couldn't compete.
There is no reason here that locally produced rice should be at a serious disadvantage price-wise to the imported product.

The issue of porous borders cannot be dealt with satisfactorily by the Nigerian Customs. Years of experience tells us this.

i see no contradiction here.

To avoid an outright prohibition (ban) on some items, various governments across the globe impose heavy tariffs as they deem fit irrespective of WTO agreements. I think the government during the administration of Obasanjo (1999 - 2007) did same to fruit juice (and some other products) and the policy really helped local fruit juice manufacturers such as Chi Industries (Chivita), Dansa and other fruit juice manufacturers. Imagine the number of people employed as a result of that policy. I think same applied to poultry products.

How do you attain productivity without consumption (creating effective demand)?

How do you deal with irrigation, seeds, fertilizer, training and access to market without investment?

How do you get the required investment without enabling the right policies?

The economy cannot be left (determined) at the mercy of smugglers.

Nobody is perfect but I believe a sound Central Bank governor (especially in developing countries like Nigeria where we have a comparative advantage in agriculture) should know better and unequivocally support the 100% tariff on imported rice as the country faces:

1. cash flow (forex) problems

2. High unemployment rate

3. Balance of trade/payment deficits

4. Food insecurity

1 Like

Re: Sanusi Cannot Survive In Nigerian Politics by Akande2012: 4:04pm On Nov 05, 2013
I think for every statement there must be a reason for it. May be we should ask Gen. Sanusi Lamido to explain to the public the reason why he said "He cannot survive in Nigeria Politics and if he has any experience he should share it with us.
Re: Sanusi Cannot Survive In Nigerian Politics by kun04Ley(m): 7:54am On Nov 06, 2013
All I will say is this, if he knows he's gat good brains, then he should be reminded that it was what he has gotten for himself that made him head the seat as d cbn govenor. Sanusi think about your reputation even before the year. Best of luck for u aint a politician, u were only used to reveal subsidy to nigerians instead of polishing. Its all about reputation. A good banker as claimed who doesn't know the mind of politicians and even the term of subsidy duration as stated when it was announced has not being kept. Your integrity is already on the line but I know you can still save if from going down the drain.
Re: Sanusi Cannot Survive In Nigerian Politics by texazzpete(m): 8:24am On Nov 06, 2013
idupaul:

My friend I discuss with people who use their heads and would never waste my time to argue with someone who intentionally blinds himself with some form of parochial loyalty be it maybe SLS is ur uncle , he has helped ur village , U have benefited ( even tho wrong) from his policy or presence in CBN or the worst kind your just plain stupid and take decision based on how much testerone [center]

My friend will you keep quiet there! You have proven yourself to be a child - or of childish reasoning - when you displayed your bigotry. I have no business with Sanusi. I have every business calling out ethnic bigotry and hypocrisy, things you have demonstrated in no small measure in this argument.

But don't let me stop you from spreading your inane FUD about Sanusi being an 'islamist' and a 'potential terrorist'.
Re: Sanusi Cannot Survive In Nigerian Politics by texazzpete(m): 8:26am On Nov 06, 2013
kun04Ley: All I will say is this, if he knows he's gat good brains, then he should be reminded that it was what he has gotten for himself that made him head the seat as d cbn govenor. Sanusi think about your reputation even before the year. Best of luck for u aint a politician, u were only used to reveal subsidy to nigerians instead of polishing. Its all about reputation. A good banker as claimed who doesn't know the mind of politicians and even the term of subsidy duration as stated when it was announced has not being kept. Your integrity is already on the line but I know you can still save if from going down the drain.

After winning international accolades for his work in Nigeria, I'd say Sanusi' reputation is pretty up there. The CAN folks don't like him, of course, but that is meaningless since the upper echelon of CAN has been made up of jokers for the past few years. cheesy
Re: Sanusi Cannot Survive In Nigerian Politics by MeAboki(m): 11:33am On Nov 06, 2013
emk4lif:
Really pseudo economist...which GDP has declined,nigeria's GDP is expanding at 7% annually which is one of the fastest in the world, he's reduced nigeria's inflation to single digit levels,the lowest in years.introduced the NUBAN system..he has cleaned up the nation's banking sector and stabilized it and also together with NOI started AMCON, our foreign reserves have been very stable and he's been consistently been named by the world's top financial magazines as the best central bank governor of the year.....next time u want to make a criticism , at least do so factually and stop showing your ignorance...if we had more public officers like Sanusi our country would no be in this precarious state

You literally took those words out of my mouth.

However, considering the cretinous posts I have so far seen (which are quite in the majority) driven by by sheer bigotry and myopism; in one case a pseudo intellectual displaying a remarkable lack of comprehension by arguing and asking questions for which the answers are already there before him; yes alas, I am inclined to agree with those that suggest Nigeria has serious problems - OMG!

1 Like

Re: Sanusi Cannot Survive In Nigerian Politics by eluquenson(m): 6:05pm On Nov 06, 2013
Me_Aboki:

You literally took those words out of my mouth.

However, considering the cretinous posts I have so far seen (which are quite in the majority) driven by by sheer bigotry and myopism; in one case a pseudo intellectual displaying a remarkable lack of comprehension by arguing and asking questions for which the answers are already there before him; yes alas, I am inclined to agree with those that suggest Nigeria has serious problems - OMG!

Na wao...some people just believe in writing grammar(copy & paste) that doesn't make any sense of it, i dont think he really know the law of syntax undecided

1 Like

Re: Sanusi Cannot Survive In Nigerian Politics by Howmanage: 6:14am On Nov 07, 2013
malele: Lamido Sanusi has told HARDtalk he will not be entering politics when he ends his term as governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria.

"Being a good central banker does not make you a good politician," he said, adding he had seen enough successful people enter politics only to "destroy everything they have built."

Asked if he could persuaded to change his mind, Mr Sanusi said: "I have been in Abuja long enough to know that I cannot survive for one year in that space."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-24764397
because of his strong links to extremism and the skeleton in his cupboard

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lawmakers Dump Official Vehicle Number Plates For Fear Of Kidnapping / Dino Melaye, Others At The Fund Raising Event For Ali Ahmadu, Boko Haram Victim / Iyiochia Ayu: PDP Will Announce Atiku’s Running Mate Within 48 Hours

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.