Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,730 members, 7,817,006 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:44 PM

Beware Of Robbers On Benin Bypass Bridge - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Beware Of Robbers On Benin Bypass Bridge (16683 Views)

Lagos Warns Residents On New Tactics Of Robbers / We Use Italian Method To Bypass Hi-tech Security – Bank Robbery Suspects[PIC] / Armed Robbers On Rampage In Ikirun, Osun. Kill 2, Injure 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beware Of Robbers On Benin Bypass Bridge by victord1st: 8:21pm On Nov 05, 2013
camry-2008:
Dear all, this information is very important to who ever that is traveling with private car, if u are travling with privae car two things are involved, is either u stop for them andblock the road with ur car so that others cannot pass and come for ur rescure or u face ur car directly to them and hit them, not just to threating thm but mean ur business to knock them down.

prior to my travel last month, a friend of mine told me about them and adviced me not to stop, on getting to the bypass, they tried to stop me with 4x4 filled with nils, I faced the car directly to their direction and increasd the acceleration, not just to hit them but was determined to KILL, the guy abandoned the 4x4 and ran into the bush.

pls, pass the information of their activities to any body u knw, for safety

I did thesame thing while driving at 100km/hr at the sharp bend,nearly got myself into that ditch.Though they ran for their lives,but i dont think i can do that again esp. on that bend,I'd rather block the road instead.
Re: Beware Of Robbers On Benin Bypass Bridge by lamex13(m): 8:49pm On Nov 05, 2013
go to the site below for latest new,gist,tech news.etcNigeria online free magzine blog....
Re: Beware Of Robbers On Benin Bypass Bridge by darelar(m): 10:48pm On Nov 05, 2013
you are wrong my guy as this benin boys own is differnt from rivers state own. they only stop private car and demand for car stearo stikers, exaust and other stickers that i forgot the name.as at when the sytop me 3years ago, it was 8 k per one which amounted to 24k but i settle with 2k after hours wasted,argue and later plead. but they deflet my tire which result in the tyer been bust when i enter yenagoa. trust me cos i have never stop for them ever since then and it peace me off to drive through that root. the same things happen on my way to abuja within edo state again where the boys stop many cars . a friend also have parted with 20k on that bypass.as for me, am ready to rundown anyone or group of people that stay on the road for me .
Re: Beware Of Robbers On Benin Bypass Bridge by obinna222: 1:32am On Nov 06, 2013
I have met this guys on several occasions along that axis and it baffles me that the state government has done nothing about this.

During my last trip 2 weeks ago, a police patrol van was parked beside them whilst they carried out their illegal act.

I have done a research on this and the constitution forbids any form of road block on the highway by any local or state body under the guise of revenue collection.

This is most common in Edo state. I met them once around the Epe / Ijebu ode axis in 2003.
Re: Beware Of Robbers On Benin Bypass Bridge by clnzo: 6:47am On Nov 06, 2013
farmer99: If u ar not robers click like.
ur english is symphatetic....
Re: Beware Of Robbers On Benin Bypass Bridge by ShyDare(m): 9:22am On Nov 06, 2013
dahdah: I DEDICATE THIS TO MY FRIEND, AREMU ANTHONY TOLUWASE, ONE OF THE BATCH C CORPERS, WISHING U SAFE TRIP TO BAUCHI , ALSO WISHING ALL BATCH C CORPERS A SUCCESSFUL NYSC PROGRAMME. THANKS
Are they stil postin pple 2 bauchi ? Na wa oh !
Re: Beware Of Robbers On Benin Bypass Bridge by IdaraCHODB(m): 1:41pm On Nov 06, 2013
darelar: you are wrong my guy as this benin boys own is differnt from rivers state own. they only stop private car and demand for car stearo stikers, exaust and other stickers that i forgot the name.as at when the sytop me 3years ago, it was 8 k per one which amounted to 24k but i settle with 2k after hours wasted,argue and later plead. but they deflet my tire which result in the tyer been bust when i enter yenagoa. trust me cos i have never stop for them ever since then and it peace me off to drive through that root. the same things happen on my way to abuja within edo state again where the boys stop many cars . a friend also have parted with 20k on that bypass.as for me, am ready to rundown anyone or group of people that stay on the road for me .

My dear, i sympathize with you. I was warned about them am I was leaving Edo for Abuja a week ago, as I was passing I saw one unfortunate catch "negotiating" with them while they had put two big wooden wedges between his rear right tire . It appears it is a phenomenon common to several parts of Nigeria as I once had to part with 8k in Kaduna to the same set of people, local government revenue agents, they call them.

But like you said, if you drive like you are mad and ready to kill without thinking, they will leave the road for you and you will save precious cash!
Re: Beware Of Robbers On Benin Bypass Bridge by IdaraCHODB(m): 1:46pm On Nov 06, 2013
HAH: Honestly that is one reason I don't like driving south ward from Abuja, I will drive all over the north no one will harass you even the policemen are polite and the egunje no dey pass 50 naira .

But down south everyone want to estort money from, you, custom, police, army, agbero, opc and they normally demand in thousands.

They did it to me in Southern Kaduna last year
Re: Beware Of Robbers On Benin Bypass Bridge by osashilton: 11:44pm On Nov 06, 2013
these same set of guys in Benin collected 20k from us 4yrs ago bfor they let us go. we were in a private saloon car ooo! no be say na helux, bus or truck. so they are still there? smh

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Guys I Just Watched The Video Of UGM Beheading Military Couple. / Missing General: Police Declare 8 Masterminds Wanted Including Dura Village Head / Driver Kills 20-yr-old Woman Over Nurtw’s N50 Fee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.