Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,859 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:23 PM

Banks To Replace ATM Card With Finger Print. - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Banks To Replace ATM Card With Finger Print. (38780 Views)

Banks To Stop Using Their Platforms For TSA As They Issue Threats / Reasons Why You Should Never Give "Anyone" Your ATM Card / How My Roommate Stole 120,000 Naira From My ATM Card And How I Caught Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Banks To Replace ATM Card With Finger Print. by meetgaya: 1:27pm On Nov 06, 2013
sambas: This is a wake up call to all.Studnts go strt 2 sleep wit hands in deir pockets,dem go strt 2 bury rich pple witout hands,rescue pple go dey tym victims hands n importantly if u dey sick u get 2 choice cut ur hand giv sombody or dem bury u witout ur hand
hahahahahahahahahahahaha!!! my belle ooo
Re: Banks To Replace ATM Card With Finger Print. by Nobody: 1:28pm On Nov 06, 2013
pickabeau1: Nice one ...

Dont forget that by page 8/11 the insults and e-fights will be brewing

Just start from page 2 .. get the flow then go to beginning to laff

lol. U know d drill
Re: Banks To Replace ATM Card With Finger Print. by gidzbobby: 1:35pm On Nov 06, 2013
mekaboy: Well its bound to happen. All this is in preparation to usher in the man of lawlessness(anti-christ). It will be the same worldwide. Eventually there will be one world currency and govt. Since ur bank details, is linked to ur finger print. You will not have access to ur funds unless u have the mark of the beast.

Its happening before our eyes.

bros you better don't fear me o, my father's asserts and mine are plenty in different banks o...... besides i still dey sin... whenever i see posts like this, i get shocked shocked shocked shocked embarassed
Re: Banks To Replace ATM Card With Finger Print. by miqos02(m): 1:36pm On Nov 06, 2013
sambas: Just saw it on ait news, Banks in Nigeria to replace atm card with finger print. I don't know if i'm the only one against this development, with the current security pros[b]Is it not better to loose an atm card to robbers than a finger in every attack?[/b]
if u lose ur finger to rubbers, how will they get the money?
Re: Banks To Replace ATM Card With Finger Print. by mekaboy(m): 1:39pm On Nov 06, 2013
DE_GONGS:

If I understand anything from what you wrote up there, its that the harmonized data system will help checkmate fraudulent humans and reduce impunity in fraud, illegal travels, terrorism and other vices that is clamping down the human race.
This(data based finger prints) has been in existence in developed countries for years. If anything I'd say that they're stepping up their games as smart and fraudulent people are undermining the safety of the already existing structures. Therefore in my personal view there is nothing to be afraid of here. Secondly, it does not have any scriptural connotation.

Let us look at the wild beast of Revelation chapter 13 as a possibility. The apostle John wrote: “The wild beast that I saw was like a leopard, but its feet were as those of a bear, and its mouth was as a lion’s mouth.” (Revelation 13:2) What do these elements signify?
Note that God gave Daniel a vision of figurative beasts, including a leopard, a bear, and a lion. (Daniel 7:2-6) What meaning did God’s prophet assign to them? He wrote that those wild animals symbolized earthly kings, or governments. (Daniel 7:17) So we can logically conclude that the wild beast of Revelation represents human governments. Since these governments oppose God’s Kingdom by promising a better world order, peace and security(What only God could acheive by means of his kingdom by christ)(ironically virtually all countries of the world are stockpiling arms. I wonder how that would be instrumental in acheiving their aim), and even persecuting christains who campaign for christ rulership by preaching the gospel. Therefore, they unmistakably constitute a part of the antichrist.

Additionally, when the Christ, the Son of God, walked the earth, he had many enemies. Although he is now beyond physical reach, he has modern-day opponents. Note who are included among them:

The apostle John stated: “Who is the liar if it is not the one that denies that Jesus is the Christ? This is the antichrist, the one that denies the Father and the Son.” (1 John 2:22) Apostates and leaders of false worship twist the clear teachings of Jesus into knots of religious deceit. Such ones reject Bible truth and spread lies in the name of God and Christ. They deny the true relationship of the Father and the Son by their Trinity doctrine. Therefore, they too are a part of the antichrist.

Jesus forewarned his disciples at Luke 21:12: “People will lay their hands upon you and persecute you, delivering you up to the synagogues and prisons . . . for the sake of my name.” Since the first century, true Christians have endured savage persecution. (2 Timothy 3:12) Fomenters of such treatment work against Christ. They too are a component of the antichrist.

“He that is not on my side is against me, and he that does not gather with me scatters.” (Luke 11:23) Here Jesus proclaims that all who oppose him and the divine purposes he supports fall into the category of the antichrist. What end awaits these?

Like I said earlier the anti-christ is the world system of govt which will rebel against christ. That is why the bible says be in the world but don't be conformed to the world. The devil is the prince of this world and eventually his govt, which is the govt of the world will be fully manifested.

The harmonizing of data is useful now to tackle issues of fraud etc now, but in future the main use will be to fish out the enemies of the world govt. The enemies of the world govt will be the church that will attempt to resist the laws of the govt. These laws include same sex marriage, marriage between man and animals, allow parents to have sex with their children if they agree to it. All sorts of unthinkable laws that will be passed and forced down the throat of the people of the earth. Some years back we never thought the day will come when a wedding will be conducted between to men. The govt of the world is using the media which they possess to make it look cool. Today most new movies acted include gays and lesbians to make it seem normal and acceptable to all.

When the world govt starts passing these laws in future and forcing the church to accept, then the church becomes and enemy of the govt.

That is when this harmonized data, will help in fishing out the enemies. All it takes is to flag an alert on ur I'd in the central database and anywhere u go to buy something or transact ur biz, the system triggers an alert as an enemy of the govt and the transaction will be terminated.

2 Likes

Re: Banks To Replace ATM Card With Finger Print. by miqos02(m): 1:40pm On Nov 06, 2013
Tolexander: This is going to be a disaster o.
Amputee go plenty cos instead of stealing the ATM, na hand dem go chop to go use the finger to withdraw!

That means i will need to give someone my thumb to help me to withdraw!
i believe a chopped finger will be useless because blood will stop flowing and it will affect the abillity of the machines to read the finger, the worst the robbers can do is to kidnap the victim and carry he/she to the atm machine
Re: Banks To Replace ATM Card With Finger Print. by ollyboi123(m): 1:50pm On Nov 06, 2013
kovak: and when you lose your finger, you can't finger again.
hehehehe

You no well .... LMAO
Re: Banks To Replace ATM Card With Finger Print. by nebeolis: 1:56pm On Nov 06, 2013
good one atlist all this gost workers go end and our money will be save all those govt officialy no way to pack money again
Re: Banks To Replace ATM Card With Finger Print. by Gsentme(m): 1:59pm On Nov 06, 2013
Pls I'm not in suport of dat. This is not my prayer but let's assume that someone losses his or her hands in a motor accident, wot will be the persons option?
Re: Banks To Replace ATM Card With Finger Print. by Uchwilliam(m): 2:00pm On Nov 06, 2013
Soon losing fingers will be a mild case.a person wil tell his friend 'do u know i lost a finger' his friend will simply say 'eyya my brother dont mind doz thieves manage nd use ur d remaining one sha' grin
Re: Banks To Replace ATM Card With Finger Print. by etankoko(m): 2:24pm On Nov 06, 2013
antichrist .God na ur hand we dey
Re: Banks To Replace ATM Card With Finger Print. by ceejayluv(m): 2:33pm On Nov 06, 2013
Daffydoc:

The above says it would be used for IDENTIFICATION, VERIFICATION and AUTHENTICATION. It didn't say anything about replacing ATM cards. It's just an extra security measure for ATM and over-the-counter withdrawals. Please do not mislead people OP.
A sane post at last...
Re: Banks To Replace ATM Card With Finger Print. by Nobody: 2:40pm On Nov 06, 2013
mekaboy: Well its bound to happen. All this is in preparation to usher in the man of lawlessness(anti-christ). It will be the same worldwide. Eventually there will be one world currency and govt. Since ur bank details, is linked to ur finger print. You will not have access to ur funds unless u have the mark of the beast.

oh am i so glad that what you write is going to happen in this time an age, #thinkingRapture halleluyah! Glory glory halleluyah! 2x and whistling on wit joy!
Re: Banks To Replace ATM Card With Finger Print. by Maximus85(m): 2:44pm On Nov 06, 2013

Rubbish talk. Simple english. Anti-christ. So you think the anti-christ is just one person. Anybody against Jesus Christ is an anti-christ. And they've always been even before Jesus was born.
Re: Banks To Replace ATM Card With Finger Print. by Maximus85(m): 2:47pm On Nov 06, 2013
ceejayluv:
A sane post at last...
Seconded by me. A sensible post at last.
Re: Banks To Replace ATM Card With Finger Print. by alexvatt(m): 2:48pm On Nov 06, 2013
Israelmossaic: I believe we are getting it all wrong. It may not be all about finger print. The pin. Could follow. What if the person goes with ur finger and doesn't have ur pin? So let's be optimistic, it may be one of those international best practices
if somebody go to atm with ur finger and discover he does'nt has ur pin, then he will throw ur finger away and go home. That is after u most have lost ur finger.
Re: Banks To Replace ATM Card With Finger Print. by buoye1(m): 3:12pm On Nov 06, 2013
Funny but interesting
Re: Banks To Replace ATM Card With Finger Print. by AGBORMAN1(m): 3:16pm On Nov 06, 2013
Tolexander: This is going to be a disaster o.
Amputee go plenty cos instead of stealing the ATM, na hand dem go chop to go use the finger to withdraw!

That means i will need to give someone my thumb to help me to withdraw!

Welcome to the future

We need your finger print OR your Foot Print

OUT
Re: Banks To Replace ATM Card With Finger Print. by agitator: 3:29pm On Nov 06, 2013
mekaboy:

No the mark will be a chip, implanted in the skin. This will contain all ur personal data including ur bank details. And payment processing systems can read from it. That will be the next step after biometric registration.

I know we all believe all these measures of biometric registration in the embassies and now banking are all about security. Well for now that is what it seems like, but in the near future the true purpose will be revealed.

Then u will not be able to travel without the mark, as the airlines and embassies will require it. You won't be able to access ur funds in the bank as the banks require it.

What is going on now is the world is synchronization of data to a central system. To make it easy to identify every individual on the planet.

Which is why most websites are now sharing common login I'd. Using facebook I'd to log into yahoo or vice versa. Its all about reconciling your data on all websites.

We r gradually getting there.

You are correct. Some people all in the name of technology will sell their souls to the devil.

What is RFID and how does it work?

RFID tags are used all over the world. They can be used to not only track products in a retail setting, but also vehicles, people and pets. RFID tags have both read and write capabilities, meaning that it can be changed, updated, and locked. New RFID tags can store up to 2KB of data and are composed of a microchip, antenna, and a battery.

As the cost of tags come down we may see a ubiquitoous network of smart packages that track every phase of the supply chain. In 2006, the U.S. Department of State started issuing electronic passports that have a chip ID number, a digital signature, and a biometric identifier. RFIDs are also used to track animals and there is currently a debate on whether it is ethical to track humans in the same manner (the FDA approved the implantation of RFID chips in humans in 2004).

source: http://gvsu.edu/e-hr/monitor-employees-legally-47.htm?gclid=CKjR_Nqq0LoCFRBU4godKg0AUQ

Scientist found a way to generatae electricity to power a heart pacemaker. So no need for battery in the chip or even if there is battery it can be recharged by the human body

Source: http://www.businessinsider.com/scientists-have-found-a-way-to-generate-electricity-from-the-human-body-2012-11

Re: Banks To Replace ATM Card With Finger Print. by Nobody: 4:03pm On Nov 06, 2013
Nigellus_Hosan:

O Bloody Shït..
For Pete's Sake
Shut That hole in your Face..
angry

For adamu's sake

Shut the pit in ur face!

Ode
Re: Banks To Replace ATM Card With Finger Print. by Nobody: 4:54pm On Nov 06, 2013

_

I don't feel sorry for you, it's the hundred and four people that liked your post that I pity.
Re: Banks To Replace ATM Card With Finger Print. by Confusion: 5:14pm On Nov 06, 2013
notinmege:

Sanusi is leading this Country to END-TIME oooo.
God will surely visit him soon if he doesn't repent!

I wonder why christians are afraid, we should be happy the biblical prophecies is being set in motion and the prepare ourselves to leave
Except you as a christian is enjoying urself in a bad way otherwise you should be ecouraging Sanusi to speed things up
Abi won't it finally come to pass, so why pray against it
The only thing is "is my name written in that book"
Re: Banks To Replace ATM Card With Finger Print. by Mickey7(m): 5:18pm On Nov 06, 2013
Nice! This way nigerians cn be easily identified.since almost every nigerian(adult) has a bank account ..d process If taken seriously,wud among other things go a long way in helping to solve the country's security challenges.
Re: Banks To Replace ATM Card With Finger Print. by michealade(m): 5:48pm On Nov 06, 2013
Later now,hands go start to xpire every two years.go to d bank and renew your fingers with #600....chai
Re: Banks To Replace ATM Card With Finger Print. by Nicepoker(m): 6:59pm On Nov 06, 2013
mekaboy:

Lol, sure the internet will play an important role. Haven't you noticed that all web ids are being synchronized? U can now log into your yahoo or gmail with ur fbook I'd. So the data u have on ur fb ,yahoo and other sites are now compared and integrated into the central unit.

The prophecies are all coming to pass.
pastor. Calm down.i know people lyk u wil be 1st to register ur finger
Re: Banks To Replace ATM Card With Finger Print. by darqly(m): 7:14pm On Nov 06, 2013
Firstly its not the CARD that is being replaced by the Fingerprint for heaven's sake. The fingerprint will replace the PIN, which is already in use in India and other countries where biometric identification is already the norm. Instead of a pinpad, you have a fingerprint scanner on the ATM.
Customers can also use the scanners within the banking halls to identify themselves during transactions or authenticate said transactions.
OP posted garbage and alot of "follow-follow" types jumped on the merry bandwagon of ignorance instead of seeking clarification. I doubt this was what he actually heard on AIT news angry
Re: Banks To Replace ATM Card With Finger Print. by baba11(m): 7:21pm On Nov 06, 2013
What i know is that every technological innovations has its loopholes,this also has its own no doubt about it but how and when we are able to surmount it determine how successful it would become,use or jettison in the long run!!!
Re: Banks To Replace ATM Card With Finger Print. by gabrielmotors: 7:54pm On Nov 06, 2013
Why r u guys always mislead us here, the central bank of Nigeria only planing 2 embark on bio-metric data capture which will take effect by feb next year. Atm cards remain valid nd u can work in 2 any ATM center nd cash ur funds!what CBN as apex bank was trying to introduced is a kind of identification incase u wanna cash a cheque u nd do some other transactions which might require u to tender a Identification card(ID)..... In a nutshell dis is mis-representation so u guys sud disregard dis post plz.....
Re: Banks To Replace ATM Card With Finger Print. by macjosh: 8:12pm On Nov 06, 2013
Why r u guys always mislead us here, the central
bank of Nigeria only planing 2 embark on bio-
metric data capture which will take effect by feb
next year. Atm cards remain valid nd u can work
in 2 any ATM center nd cash ur funds!what CBN
as apex bank was trying to introduced is a kind of
identification incase u wanna cash a cheque u nd
do some other transactions which might require u
to tender a Identification card(ID)..... In a nutshell
dis is mis-representation so u guys sud disregard
dis post plz.....
Re: Banks To Replace ATM Card With Finger Print. by Nobody: 8:28pm On Nov 06, 2013

This guy men.. in the USA everybody has number if u don't have it u can't buy or rent hus or even work.. This the only way forward.. it has nothing to do with the yeye mark of the beast. Nigeria and their religious mentality. sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigeria's World Trade Center Abuja Poised To Send Its Economy Sky High - CNN / HAMPER! HAMPERS!! HAMPERS!!! (contents And Prices) / Temie Giwa-Tubosun Wins $250K Jack Ma’s Netrepreneur Prize

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.