Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,434 members, 7,823,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:23 PM

Anambra Poll: MASSOB Roots For APGA For Sake Of Ojukwu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra Poll: MASSOB Roots For APGA For Sake Of Ojukwu (2243 Views)

Oby Ezekwesili Roots For Fashola Presidency / Throwback Picture Of Ojukwu As A Kid - (pic) / Anambra Poll Results: Ekwunife Sacks Ngige From Senate, Humbles Victor Umeh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anambra Poll: MASSOB Roots For APGA For Sake Of Ojukwu by DanOfor: 10:12am On Nov 06, 2013
By Chukwujekwu Ilozue Reporter, Onitsha

Movement for the Actualisation of Sovereign State of Biafra (MASSOB), on Tuesday, declared its support for All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA) and urged Ndigbo to throw their weight behind the party in honour for late Biafra warlord and Ikemba Nnewi, Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu.

In a press statement, MASSOB’s Director of Communication, Nnaemeka Okeke, said the need for Ndigbo to root for APGA cannot be over-emphasised “because Ojukwu is the founder/national leader of APGA,” and that besides, APGA is one of Ojukwu’s legacies that must be jealously protected.

The group also called on Ndi Anambra and Nidgbo in general to continue to uphold ‘Ojukwuism’ and Ojukwu’s legacy anywhere they may find themselves, stressing that Ojukwu as the father and oracle of Ndigbo must be respected, honoured and appreciated without reservation.

The statement contended that every tribal region in Nigeria has its own-based political parties that protect their cultures, traditions, pride and social values, adding that “Ndigbo cannot afford to allow strange parties with strange agenda and interest to prevail in Igbo land.”

The statement added: “Any political party without Igbo root and blood is anti-Igbo. We can never sacrifice the pride, culture, identity, language and traditions of Ndigbo to Yoruba/Hausa-Fulani just to satisfy few Igbos who sold their conscience to our enemies.

“Enough is enough to those who secretly opened our doors to our enemies who can never allow our ‘Igboism’ to flourish in their own land.”

The statement further added: “We declare our support and votes for APGA and we call upon every Igboman/woman in Anambra State to massively vote for APGA/Ojukwu”.

MASSOB also commended Governor Peter Obi for naming Anambra State University after Ojukwu, describing it as an honour well deserved.

VOTE CHIEF WILLIE OBIANO AND DR NKEM OKEKE FOR GOVERNOR

3 Likes

Re: Anambra Poll: MASSOB Roots For APGA For Sake Of Ojukwu by Nobody: 10:15am On Nov 06, 2013
[size=20pt]SPACE BOOKED angry[/size]
Re: Anambra Poll: MASSOB Roots For APGA For Sake Of Ojukwu by mekaboy(m): 10:42am On Nov 06, 2013
In as much I don't support voting based on Ojukwu legacy, I still think APGA has a good accountable candidate in obiano.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Poll: MASSOB Roots For APGA For Sake Of Ojukwu by onochieco(m): 11:46am On Nov 06, 2013
Akuko mike ejeagha!!!

NGIGE IS OUR CHIOCE!!!

APGA KEEEE
MASSOB NIIII..

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Poll: MASSOB Roots For APGA For Sake Of Ojukwu by kingbang: 11:47am On Nov 06, 2013
I don't need MASSOB to tell me that APGA will win the election come November 16. Even goats and chickens in Anambra already know this, forget the noise of these Yoruba e-warriors and non-Anambrarians on Nairaland.

8 Likes

Re: Anambra Poll: MASSOB Roots For APGA For Sake Of Ojukwu by Nobody: 2:06pm On Nov 06, 2013
Massob should please spare me and oncentrate on the struggle for Biafra!
It seems they are now a politcal party.

Anyway, we have told Anambra people that history will not be kind to our generation if we let the APC take over Anambra at this moment.

Sure, Peter Obi messed up but we have to consider the future while taking decisions now.
Anambra cannot afford to go to the opposition at this historic moment.

Apart from the Ngige personality sensation which I know is overrated, there is nothing progressive about the APC.

Just this week the irokos of the party was in Port Harcourt on their knees begging a tout and a fraudster like Amaechi to join them just because they want power at all cost. It was a shame to see "saint Buhari" mingling without shame with criminals like Tinubu.

Let me still call on Biafrans to be wise as serpent.

We are not Nigerians, we are Biafrans.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Poll: MASSOB Roots For APGA For Sake Of Ojukwu by kingbang: 2:43pm On Nov 06, 2013
noblezone: Massob should please spare me and oncentrate on the struggle for Biafra!

Anyway, we have told Anambra people that history will not be kind to our generation if we let the APC take over Anambra at this moment.

Sure, Peter Obi messed up but we have to consider the future while taking decisions now.

Apart from the Ngige personality sensation which I know is overrated, there is nothing progressive about the APC.

Just this week the irokos of the party was in Port Harcourt on their knees begging a tout and a fraudster like Amaechi to join them just because they want power at all cost. It was a shame to see "saint Buhari" mingling without shame with criminals like Tinubu.

Of course nwanne, we are Biafrans but until we leave this cesspit called Nigeria, we must not allow APC take over Anambra. Chukwu ekwekwana ihe ojoo! Tufiakwa!!!

1 Like

Re: Anambra Poll: MASSOB Roots For APGA For Sake Of Ojukwu by DuduNegro: 3:15pm On Nov 06, 2013
APC is the future of Nigeria, not PDP anddefinitely not APGA.

If by omission or commission APC fails to get Anambra, Iboland will sideline its future and be reduced to play minority role in the affairs of national policy.

Its your future, not Yoruba future and not Hausa future......Ibo future!

You are currently a minority in the party that will own Nigeria 2015 forward.

On Nov 16th, decide in Anambra if you want more footing in APC or not.

Yeye dey smell for Alaigbo! angry

6 Likes

Re: Anambra Poll: MASSOB Roots For APGA For Sake Of Ojukwu by FreeGlobe(f): 3:27pm On Nov 06, 2013
noblezone: Massob should please spare me and oncentrate on the struggle for Biafra!

too late, it'll be a landslide for Ngige

1 Like

Re: Anambra Poll: MASSOB Roots For APGA For Sake Of Ojukwu by Nobody: 3:35pm On Nov 06, 2013
Dudu_Negro: APC is the future of Nigeria, not PDP anddefinitely not APGA.

If by omission or commission APC fails to get Anambra, Iboland will sideline its future and be reduced to play minority role in the affairs of national policy.

Its your future, not Yoruba future and not Hausa future......Ibo future!

You are currently a minority in the party that will own Nigeria 2015 forward.

On Nov 16th, decide in Anambra if you want more footing in APC or not.

Yeye dey smell for Alaigbo! angry

Nigeria has no future!
Biafra is our furture

1 Like

Re: Anambra Poll: MASSOB Roots For APGA For Sake Of Ojukwu by Nobody: 3:36pm On Nov 06, 2013
FreeGlobe:
too late, it'll be a landslide for Ngige

It is not a do or die.
If Ngige wins, no problem, it will only be a setback!
Re: Anambra Poll: MASSOB Roots For APGA For Sake Of Ojukwu by EzePromoe: 3:39pm On Nov 06, 2013
Ojukwu was a great leader and I respect him, but as far as Obi is the person involved, I say a big NO.
I don't want Peter Obi to be to Anambra what Tinubu is to Lagos. You know that this would only be made possible if enthrones his nwa boy as governor.

NO also to APC in Igboland! sad
Re: Anambra Poll: MASSOB Roots For APGA For Sake Of Ojukwu by Nobody: 3:43pm On Nov 06, 2013
kingbang:

Of course nwanne, we are Biafrans but until we leave this cesspit called Nigeria, we must not allow APC take over Anambra. Chukwu ekwekwana ihe ojoo! Tufiakwa!!!

It wont come easy.
There is much work to still be done.
Each new day is so important.
Re: Anambra Poll: MASSOB Roots For APGA For Sake Of Ojukwu by Nobody: 3:45pm On Nov 06, 2013
Eze Promoe: Ojukwu was a great leader and I respect him, but as far as Obi is the person involved, I say a big NO.
I don't want Peter Obi to be to Anambra what Tinubu is to Lagos. You know that this would only be made possible if enthrones his nwa boy as governor.

You are correct, but in these circumstances, I still prefer Obi to have an opinion because of APGA than Tinubu because of APC.
anambra must not go to the so called opposition at this moment in history.
Re: Anambra Poll: MASSOB Roots For APGA For Sake Of Ojukwu by FreeGlobe(f): 3:47pm On Nov 06, 2013
Eze Promoe: Ojukwu was a great leader and I respect him, but as far as Obi is the person involved, I say a big NO.

lmao @ nwa boy!! Its over for Peter Obi

#Onwa2014 #Landslide!!!
Vote Ngige and not APC, vote GEj and not PDP cool

1 Like

Re: Anambra Poll: MASSOB Roots For APGA For Sake Of Ojukwu by kokoA(m): 3:47pm On Nov 06, 2013
noblezone:

Nigeria has no future!
Biafra is our furture
Dreamer.
Re: Anambra Poll: MASSOB Roots For APGA For Sake Of Ojukwu by FreeGlobe(f): 3:50pm On Nov 06, 2013
noblezone:

You are correct, but in these circumstances, I still prefer Obi to have an opinion because of APGA than Tinubu because of APC.
I prefer the oshiomole/tinubu situation which Ngige will replicate that two zombies Peter obi/Obiano situation which has no political clout to effect any change. vote onwa and not apc
Re: Anambra Poll: MASSOB Roots For APGA For Sake Of Ojukwu by EzePromoe: 4:04pm On Nov 06, 2013
noblezone:

But they are not the only parties contesting for this election.
Re: Anambra Poll: MASSOB Roots For APGA For Sake Of Ojukwu by Bensonn: 4:07pm On Nov 06, 2013
noblezone:

Nigeria has no future!
Biafra is our furture

i thought you are intelligent, but this your post has proven otherwise
Re: Anambra Poll: MASSOB Roots For APGA For Sake Of Ojukwu by Bensonn: 4:08pm On Nov 06, 2013
Eze Promoe:
But they are not the only parties contesting for this election.

1 billion likes! Ngige detractors are too jittery that they do not see any other thing than him.
Re: Anambra Poll: MASSOB Roots For APGA For Sake Of Ojukwu by kingbang: 4:11pm On Nov 06, 2013
Bensonn:

He has more intelligence inside his little finger than you have in your thick skull!

1 Like

Re: Anambra Poll: MASSOB Roots For APGA For Sake Of Ojukwu by EzePromoe: 4:12pm On Nov 06, 2013
FreeGlobe:
lmao @ nwa boy!! Its over for Peter Obi

#Onwa2014 #Landslide!!!
Vote Ngige and not APC, vote GEj and not PDP cool
You talk as if you don't know Nigerian politics.
If Ngige wins this election and his influence grow amongst Anambrans, he would instigate the mind of many against voting for Jonathan, all in favour for his masters, Buhari and Tinubu, and it is this same Yoruba Ngige supporters, who allegedly want the good of Anambra state, that will come and tell you how their party was able to conquer our own party in our base, Anambra and Imo. They will still be the ones to call you names sad

NGIGE should decamp or he would still be crying from court to court when others are celebrating the Yuletide.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Poll: MASSOB Roots For APGA For Sake Of Ojukwu by DuduNegro: 4:16pm On Nov 06, 2013
noblezone:

Nigeria has no future!
Biafra is our furture

Dont vote with your mouth, Nov 16th is around the corner, vote Biafra with your ballot...simple!
Re: Anambra Poll: MASSOB Roots For APGA For Sake Of Ojukwu by Nobody: 4:19pm On Nov 06, 2013
Bensonn:

I used to be "intelligent" but now I have lost faith in Nigeria.

I sincerely "apologize".
Re: Anambra Poll: MASSOB Roots For APGA For Sake Of Ojukwu by Nobody: 4:22pm On Nov 06, 2013
kokoA: Dreamer.

Dreamers rule the world!
come aboard the dream ship, become a dreamer too, or you will waste your life believing in lie.
Re: Anambra Poll: MASSOB Roots For APGA For Sake Of Ojukwu by DuduNegro: 4:25pm On Nov 06, 2013
Eze Promoe:
You talk as if you don't know Nigerian politics.
If Ngige wins this election and his influence grow amongst Anambrans, he would instigate the mind of many against voting for Jonathan, all in favour for his masters, Buhari and Tinubu, and it is this same Yoruba Ngige supporters, who allegedly want the good of Anambra state, that will come and tell you how their party was able to conquer our own party in our base, Anambra and Imo. They will still be the ones to call you names sad

NGIGE should decamp or he would still be crying from court to court when others are celebrating the Yuletide.

Hahahahahaha.......in the decision whether or not GEJ wins the election, Alaigbo's vote behind Gej will be like dropping a bottle of ink in the Atlantic and waiting to see color in the ocean.....a futile attempt!

Alaigbo will not count in what direction the country goes in 2015....but you can change that and you do it on Nov 16th 2013 in Anambra, well ahead of 2015.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Poll: MASSOB Roots For APGA For Sake Of Ojukwu by Nobody: 5:06pm On Nov 06, 2013
I earnestly ask again those sentimental ranters who are 'afraid' of the Yoruba's political conquest of Alaigbo......I ask since Adams Oshiomhole became the governor of Edo state,how many times have the yorubas burst out in galala,konto,suo or makossa dance steps to celebrate the 'conquest' of the edos?

Cast off yr toga of fear and choose btw Progressivism or Conservatism powered by inertia and ethnic bigotry

APC as a party is not into kindergarten politics of ethnic bigotry! They only look out 4 best of the best within a locality
to fly their banner

Vote Ngige-a man who have proven himself to be independent,tested and trusted!

3 Likes

Re: Anambra Poll: MASSOB Roots For APGA For Sake Of Ojukwu by CyberG: 5:23pm On Nov 06, 2013
I think the Ibos have a good chance to come back into political reckoning by what they do during the Anambra elections and 2015 elections. Going by natural justice and equity, power should return back to the North because Yaradua died, this is the truth and we should be honest that was why Jonathan became president. However, if Ibos pretend not to know that, they are making a long term mistake because whether in 2014 or 2019, the north will most likely get their slot back and after 8 years, they will not be able to continue as president and cede the position to another zone. Can the Ibos honestly expect go get their support at that time if they deliberately pretend not to know that the reason they had their "slot" cut short was because of Yaradua?

Well, the northerners are better negotiators than the easterners (by all available evidence) and could easily negotiate with in fact the middle belters or south west or SS (Edos), etc to have the next slot, this way Ibos are going to schemed out again! Well, it is their choice but it is important to point out their misstep before they make another big mistake. The reality is that no zone of Nigeria can become president without at least one of the major regions in support. With Hausas and Yorubas always seen as enemies by the Ibos, how are they going to get a crack at the presidency?? If those two continue to build bridge and negotiate with every candidate from any other part of Nigeria except the SE for political support, then it is clear that the SE might remain a much, much longer time in their current situation.

4 Likes

Re: Anambra Poll: MASSOB Roots For APGA For Sake Of Ojukwu by Nobody: 6:09pm On Nov 06, 2013
CyberG: I think the Ibos have a good chance to come back into political reckoning by what they do during the Anambra elections and 2015 elections. Going by natural justice and equity, power should return back to the North because Yaradua died, this is the truth and we should be honest that was why Jonathan became president. However, if Ibos pretend not to know that, they are making a long term mistake because whether in 2014 or 2019, the north will most likely get their slot back and after 8 years, they will not be able to continue as president and cede the position to another zone. Can the Ibos honestly expect go get their support at that time if they deliberately pretend not to know that the reason they had their "slot" cut short was because of Yaradua?

Well, the northerners are better negotiators than the easterners (by all available evidence) and could easily negotiate with in fact the middle belters or south west or SS (Edos), etc to have the next slot, this way Ibos are going to schemed out again! Well, it is their choice but it is important to point out their misstep before they make another big mistake. The reality is that no zone of Nigeria can become president without at least one of the major regions in support. With Hausas and Yorubas always seen as enemies by the Ibos, how are they going to get a crack at the presidency?? If those two continue to build bridge and negotiate with every candidate from any other part of Nigeria except the SE for political support, then it is clear that the SE might remain a much, much longer time in their current situation.

Bros, the existence of Nigeria is already in contention~!
Re: Anambra Poll: MASSOB Roots For APGA For Sake Of Ojukwu by CyberG: 6:30pm On Nov 06, 2013
noblezone:

Bros, the existence of Nigeria is already in contention~!

No problem, come back here after 2014 and tell me what have changed!
Re: Anambra Poll: MASSOB Roots For APGA For Sake Of Ojukwu by Kponkwem(m): 7:34pm On Nov 06, 2013
CyberG: I think the Ibos have a good chance to come back into political reckoning by what they do during the Anambra elections and 2015 elections. Going by natural justice and equity, power should return back to the North because Yaradua died, this is the truth and we should be honest that was why Jonathan became president. However, if Ibos pretend not to know that, they are making a long term mistake because whether in 2014 or 2019, the north will most likely get their slot back and after 8 years, they will not be able to continue as president and cede the position to another zone. Can the Ibos honestly expect go get their support at that time if they deliberately pretend not to know that the reason they had their "slot" cut short was because of Yaradua?

Is this moniker still living in dream land? How are you certain that Nigerian politics will continue on this gerry mandering trajectory?
For your information the country has gone beyond this type of political analysis. All the permutations points to control of the levers of power to be able to dispense the oil resources of the South.
At no time in the future, mark my words, will one region lord it over another in the name of national politics. Infact SS and SE are tired and want to control their resources.
I have first hand info that the naked dance of the 'progressives' will be their very last of it. Nigeria is certainly decentralising by the expiration of Jonathan in 2019. By then there will be little or no more struggle at Aso Roc. Take note..
Re: Anambra Poll: MASSOB Roots For APGA For Sake Of Ojukwu by CyberG: 8:25pm On Nov 06, 2013
Kponkwem:

Is this moniker still living in dream land? How are you certain that Nigerian politics will continue on this gerry mandering trajectory?
For your information the country has gone beyond this type of political analysis. All the permutations points to control of the levers of power to be able to dispense the oil resources of the South.
At no time in the future, mark my words, will one region lord it over another in the name of national politics. Infact SS and SE are tired and want to control their resources.
I have first hand info that the naked dance of the 'progressives' will be their very last of it. Nigeria is certainly decentralising by the expiration of Jonathan in 2019. By then there will be little or no more struggle at Aso Roc. Take note..

I think you are the one who needs to wake-up! Your points are premised on conjectures and speculations while I am telling you the reality, historically and present! If Nigeria remains the way it is (I hope not and would choose either sovereign independent countries, which may not happen with out kind of corrupt leaders and people; or REGIONS), at some point power will return to the north and more and more elections will be decided for electoral majority (meaning rigging could be reduced with the right level of political will). Where is the majority in Nigeria and what parts of Nigeria have proven that they can always negotiate and achieve a consensus? Since you mentioned SS and SE, be sure that the Westerners have been campaigned for what you are now saying the SS/SE want since before independence! When it comes to controlling our resources, you can be sure that no part of Nigeria is BEST positioned for that on DAY ONE like the South West!

[b]List any and everything required for economic growth, political stability, peace, foreign policy, natural resources, human resources - there is TOO MUCH already NOW available in the South West! That is exactly what I want, a control of the resources of the people by the people for the people! I know you are mostly thinking of oil, which is abundant in Ondo, Lagos and Ogun but did you read this week that the Toyota Hydrogen car is ready to go on sale in 2014? Electric cars (chevy volt) is already in the market and the US (the world's largest energy consumer now has so much of it's own energy sources, it does not need anybody's oil again!). Think demand and supply (Economics 101), when the demand for a supply declines the price for that commodity declines! Now, a scenario where the price of oil exports diminishes radically is a good possibility, so from a price of $90+ to say $50+, how is that going to be profitable for a people who are behind in infrastructure, education, security, human resources, a polluted environment needing $ Billions to clean-up and restore agricultural activities? Now you also forget one more thing, should Nigeria break-up, all the oil wells already ceded to Joint Venture Contracts with Shell, Chevron, etc will subsist and cannot be cancelled by an organized Nigerian country going into re-arrangement except it can afford to buy off the companies! Now, tell me how much money will Nigerian leaders be willing to spend to buy off billions in dollars of assets of Shell and Chevron, so that any SS/SE can benefit? Go and think about that because if you think people who NOW are happy to spend N 1 Tr on food for themselves alone, have not budgeted N 1 M for your whole family to feed will go spend $ 10 - $ 20 billion to buy off Shell, Chevron, Banks, interest fees so that they can give it to the SS / SE is seriously mistaken! If they will not do that, the oil contracts remain, ownership of the oil well which significant numbers are owned by Nigerians from somewhere other than the SS, who will benefit?? Will a northerner who owns an oil well or controlling interest in an oil company not get even richer and make his people richer by doing even much less work and repatriating all profits ASAP? Now can you tell me what fixed assets are owned by the SS or SE in significant numbers that cost up to $ 1 B and cannot be easily paid off if or when Nigeria breaks?[/b]

Again, be objective here, do not get upset and start throwing insults around for lack of tangible answers!

- We are agreed on certain things: INDEPENDENCE for components of current Nigeria or at LEAST regions. The first one is a long shot and chances are that the thieving elites will NEVER allow that, some everyday people may not be bold to ask for independence but we can all take the middle ground - which would be music to our ears I presume.

- If either does happen, I will put it to you for a number of reasons of which I mentioned a couple in the foregoing paragraph that in the short and medium term, any regions that are harping on "their resources" cannot control those resources except they are able to buy the contractual rights already ceded to them by corporate Nigeria. This is $ billions you can not come up with for sure, the value of the oil will eventually decline and until it does, other people will still own and profit from your so called oil and have to do much less work whereas, you will have no such leverage in the West or North! The owners will have a right to be there for as long as they own it (by contracts that precedes the breakup) but the ordinary SS / SE native will have no right to remain or live in either the West or North. If you have contrary, OBJECTIVE, opinions, I'd like to hear it!

5 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Seun, BEREM Is Our New Mod - Thanks / Suicide Bombers:They Always Miss Target Whenever They Want To Bomb Politicians. / Presidency Appoint Mr Peter Obi As Defence Minister Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.