Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,359 members, 7,812,014 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:17 AM

Osun Airport ’ll Have Longest Runway In Nigeria’ - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osun Airport ’ll Have Longest Runway In Nigeria’ (10146 Views)

Aregbesola Urges FG To Provide Its Counterpart Funds For Osun Airport / Ekiti/osun Airport Not Necessary, Ibadan/akure Airport Already Passenger Starved / Osun Airport: Gateway To The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osun Airport ’ll Have Longest Runway In Nigeria’ by Energito: 4:19pm On Nov 06, 2013
SLIDE waxie: if only u weren't a product of the east, who by default are intellectually low, u wld av undstud dt:

1. Even if there is poverty there, the airport will boost economic activities to a considerable level.

2. There is no where in the world where bus fare is higher than the air ticket. So, ur point abt the bus ticket is off point!

3. Lastly, lagos being there only destination is better than an erosion ravaged overhyped country side with high rate of criminal activities!
What sane human lives there anyway?
if i call you a fool,you will say that i insult you well i wont call you that.but i have a question for you,why did your yoruba hate igbo so much that you people don't need our progress?now this airport will boost the economic activities of your state abi?but yoruba was the other forum telling ndi anambra to share asaba airport with delta state. Why you your state sharing with others than building theirs?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Airport ’ll Have Longest Runway In Nigeria’ by CyberG: 4:44pm On Nov 06, 2013
What is the grouse of people who are obviously neither from Osun State or Yorubas on this thread? This is another reason why Nigeria needs to devolve into regions faster, so that the people can concern themselves with their progress internally. It is distasteful and downright disgusting that unwanted characters are crying about a state and people thinking about their today and TOMORROW by investing in it while their own leaders have eaten their yesterday, tomorrow and devouring their today cry louder than those concerned! The US military just launched another $ 13 B Aircraft carrier in the past few days, are they in a war today that they need so much to build an aircraft carrier? Obviously, their leaders care about their people, country and tomorrow and they are protecting their tomorrow even before it arrives! The Yorubas are doing the same, why are the perpetual haters crying or would you prefer the money be stolen like people like Orji, Obi and Chime do all the time and are sung as heroes??

2 Likes

Re: Osun Airport ’ll Have Longest Runway In Nigeria’ by agbameta: 4:45pm On Nov 06, 2013
Energito: if i call you a fool,you will say that i insult you well i wont call you that.but i have a question for you,why did your yoruba hate igbo so much that you people don't need our progress?now this airport will boost the economic activities of your state abi?but yoruba was the other forum telling ndi anambra to share asaba airport with delta state. Why you your state sharing with others than building theirs?

lol @ Yoruba hate ibo so much? Must you people play the same silly victim nonsense all the damn time.

They jejely started a thread about airport in Osun andc as usual, you envious villagers showed up to display your usual hate and pathetic jealousy....

We commissioned schools, you losers show up to cry and hate

We commissioned hospital, you losers show up to cry and to hate

We commissioned roads, you losers show up to cry and hate

We commissioned bridge, you losers show up to cry and hate

We commissioned power plants, you losers show up to cry and hate

....while your backward and stagnant villages are yet to commission ordinary bore hole in years. In fact, when was the last time we see any thread by you people regarding any project started, completed and commissioned in your villages? Maybe years ago.

All you people do is hate and cry, hate and cry.......

8 Likes

Re: Osun Airport ’ll Have Longest Runway In Nigeria’ by demelza: 4:56pm On Nov 06, 2013
basilo101:
hehehe, u sound lyk pesn wey wan cry
Na so una dey cry for house?
Re: Osun Airport ’ll Have Longest Runway In Nigeria’ by DerideGull(m): 5:05pm On Nov 06, 2013
Even though the folks from certain corner of Nigeria are loudmouthed, they usually do not board last. One wonders if the airport should be used to land spacecraft. If the backwater such as Osun State is getting 3.5Km runway airport, the airports proposed for Anambra or Ebonyi or Abia State should have a runway of 5.5Km.
Re: Osun Airport ’ll Have Longest Runway In Nigeria’ by agbameta: 5:20pm On Nov 06, 2013
DerideGull: Even though the folks from certain corner of Nigeria are loudmouthed, they usually do not board last. One wonders if the airport should be used to land spacecraft. If the backwater such as Osun State is getting 3.5Km runway airport, the airports proposed for Anambra or Ebonyi or Abia State should have a runway of 5.5Km.

The same backwater Osun state is building a new international airport with the longest runway in Nigeria and your tired old assss is talking about some proposed meaningless village airport.

Are you too old and dumb to differentiate between proposed and under construction with completion date?

Your existence and future is under proposed and obviously, this is why you people are stagnating and heading back to the stone age.

Your ebonie village's budget is meager 104 billion while Osun is 189 billion.

Worthless proposed villagers....smh

5 Likes

Re: Osun Airport ’ll Have Longest Runway In Nigeria’ by Nobody: 5:24pm On Nov 06, 2013
DerideGull: Even though the folks from certain corner of Nigeria are loudmouthed, they usually do not board last. One wonders if the airport should be used to land spacecraft. If the backwater such as Osun State is getting 3.5Km runway airport, the airports proposed for Anambra or Ebonyi or Abia State should have a runway of 5.5Km.
TELL US HOW AREGBESHOLA STOLE BIAFRA FUNDS TO BUILD THE AIRPORT
Re: Osun Airport ’ll Have Longest Runway In Nigeria’ by Afam4eva(m): 5:43pm On Nov 06, 2013
I must commend Aregbesola's resolve to develop Osun state to the extent that Osun will be able to compete with other major cities. While i think every state probably needs an airport, i don't think the time for that is now. There are other modes of transportation that Osun can invest in to achieve a relative result to what it wants to achieve with the airport. I don't know why every State want to build an airport at this time. Ekiti wants to build, Abia wants to build etc etc. Are there no airports bordering these states that they can use while investing in other variables. There's an airport in Ibadan and Akure yet they're barely functional and Ibadan is experiences more traffic than any part of the SW apart from Lagos, so where's the traffic going to come from? How about Osun investing in a cargo airport as opposed to a regular airport. States have to understand their idiosyncrasies before embarking on white elephant projects that will add little to the state at the end.

3 Likes

Re: Osun Airport ’ll Have Longest Runway In Nigeria’ by slimfit1(m): 6:11pm On Nov 06, 2013
Ok I ll board klm just to come and land in the longest airport then go back to lagos using the bad roads. Good thinking indeed just the way even a monkey would not think.

Only if they could waste this money on industries and factories then build the airport it would now make sense.
Re: Osun Airport ’ll Have Longest Runway In Nigeria’ by hercules07: 6:18pm On Nov 06, 2013
I think the airport will start off as a cargo airport with the basic facilities,, a runway and a building with navigational equipment, if the agro industry can kick off in the state, we will see it being converted to a full airport.
Re: Osun Airport ’ll Have Longest Runway In Nigeria’ by Afam4eva(m): 6:20pm On Nov 06, 2013
hercules07: I think the airport will start off as a cargo airport with the basic facilities,, a runway and a building with navigational equipment, if the agro industry can kick off in the state, we will see it being converted to a full airport.
I think this is exactly what should be done. Almost every cargo airport have the capability of becoming a full blown airport they it has to start from somewhere.

1 Like

Re: Osun Airport ’ll Have Longest Runway In Nigeria’ by Akshow: 6:24pm On Nov 06, 2013
Shame shame shame on d bigots on dis thread dat seize every opportunity to show their retarded myopic silly foolish useless *somebody should borrow me grammar* self. How does Osun st building an airport equate to igbo yoruba war? U guys are pathetic and beyond any sense, silly reeeetaaardded moda phuckers. . Shame on all of u.
Re: Osun Airport ’ll Have Longest Runway In Nigeria’ by plaindealer: 6:57pm On Nov 06, 2013
Afam4eva: I must commend Aregbesola's resolve to develop Osun state to the extent that Osun will be able to compete with other major cities. While i think every state probably needs an airport, i don't think the time for that is now. There are other modes of transportation that Osun can invest in to achieve a relative result to what it wants to achieve with the airport. I don't know why every State want to build an airport at this time. Ekiti wants to build, Abia wants to build etc etc. Are there no airports bordering these states that they can use while investing in other variables. There's an airport in Ibadan and Akure yet they're barely functional and Ibadan is experiences more traffic than any part of the SW apart from Lagos, so where's the traffic going to come from? How about Osun investing in a cargo airport as opposed to a regular airport. States have to understand their idiosyncrasies before embarking on white elephant projects that will add little to the state at the end.

You are not in any sane, rational or logical position to decide or dictate what they need or don't need in the state of Osun simply because you have zero access to any relevant info, data or even the most basic reason why the state of Osun is constructing this airport.

Only the administrators in the state of Osun can make such decisions because only the administrators are equipped with facts and data dictating their needs as a state and for their economic development, but don't have any relevant growth or economic data at your disposal to base your layman and ignorant assertions on.

If we have to use common sense without growth and economic data, common sense should tell you that you need a functional cargo airport to evacuate produce and animal products back and forth, you need same to transport machinery and materials back and forth, you should know by now that after Agric/Cocoa, tourism is Osun state's largest income generator is tourism and the state is not only investing heavily in tourism, Osun state in Nigeria is a UN declared heritage center for international tourism, international investors are stepping in to invest in the state's tourism industry. Raddison is construction a 5 star hotel in Osun and Best western is doing same.

Where is the sense and wisdom in making tourists fly into entities hundreds of miles away when they can easily fly into their primary destination which is one of the main factors tourists base their decisions on when they travel.

Now, do you have access to economic info or forecast that the Raddison and Best western folks doesn't have access to or these international investors are wasting their money on white elephant projects too.

You also questioned why they are building a regular human traffic airport instead of cargo airport. This is another layman and ignorant assertion on your part simply because this airports under construction is primarily a cargo airport, the human traffic side is secondary.

The airport will serve human and cargo transportation. The project site also holds an interesting historic value; it was the site of one of the early airstrips in Nigeria.

Btw, what other modes of transportation do you suggest they move international tourists with from their primary location and back to their primary location? Taxi or train from Japan to Osun?

Sometimes I wonder seriously why you and your kind get needlessly down and negative over everything without making any kind of effort to reason critically and rationally...

3 Likes

Re: Osun Airport ’ll Have Longest Runway In Nigeria’ by Waspy(m): 7:43pm On Nov 06, 2013
nedu666: every gov is building an airport, just like they were bulding new govt house, of what use is all these airports, imo has one, abia is building one, ngige wants to build one, there is one in enugu, ilorin has one, akure has one, ibadan has one, akwaibom, ph, delta, crossriver, edo all have airport, slyvia even wanted to build one in bayelsa up north kano, kaduna, yola, niger, yobe, kastina, sokoto, jos, benue goddam who the hell is making use of all these airports, which airline will drop a plane in this airports.
we shldn't belittle ourselves as a pple. We shldn't settle for less. Who says Naija is not rich and ripe enough for us all to fly planes just as we are flying bikes now?undecided No matter how long, a stammer will eventually say his name. sad
Re: Osun Airport ’ll Have Longest Runway In Nigeria’ by IGBOSON1: 8:20pm On Nov 06, 2013
nedu666: every gov is building an airport, just like they were bulding new govt house, of what use is all these airports, imo has one, abia is building one, ngige wants to build one, there is one in enugu, ilorin has one, akure has one, ibadan has one, akwaibom, ph, delta, crossriver, edo all have airport, slyvia even wanted to build one in bayelsa up north kano, kaduna, yola, niger, yobe, kastina, sokoto, jos, benue goddam who the hell is making use of all these airports, which airline will drop a plane in this airports.

^^^Well i do know that Owerri (type Imo airport in the search bar) is viable and busy......as well as Enugu airport, but i still don't support Anambra state building one when Asaba is nearby.......and not yet as busy as one would have expected; so this should be a pointer as to how viable a new airport in Anambra would be!

Check arrival and departures for each airport to get a better idea of how busy they are. What surprises me though is how busy Imo airport is.....second to Port Harcourt in the eastern region!

http://www.flightstats.com/go/Airport/airportDetails.do

2 Likes

Re: Osun Airport ’ll Have Longest Runway In Nigeria’ by owobokiri(m): 8:39pm On Nov 06, 2013
basilo101: Wats d traffic level in akure and ibadan airports. #jst asking

Even if it is biult just to receive disfigured caskets of some dead politheicians, its ok, .. On a lighter note; what is it with our SW brothers qnd this weird penchant of claiming first at every turn... You guys like to claim first in everything even when facts are hard to come by,.. First university in Africa, first television station in Africa as if SA and Egypt are/were in Asia, first to go to school, first to come back from school, bla bla bla bla, you guys strive hard to massage your egos all day,... Is there any perculiar type of satisfaction that comes with such wishfull laurrels??

1 Like

Re: Osun Airport ’ll Have Longest Runway In Nigeria’ by Nobody: 9:36pm On Nov 06, 2013
Nnewi1stSon: Bro u dey mind them? It's just another avenue for him to pay his Tithe to Tinubu grin. And who ws talking about IGR? IGR my diq, does it reflect on the lives of the common massess there who do nothing than molest their relations?

lwkmd.
Ever been to the state?
Poverty crawls from the capital to their hinters. Mud houses everywhere. Low lifers, beggars, agberos. Tufiakwa.
@ op, y did u rush to talk about the SE?
Inferiority complex.
And y is the SW always speaking in the future tense?
Abeg, give us the reports on all the proposed projects.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osun Airport ’ll Have Longest Runway In Nigeria’ by superstar1(m): 9:46pm On Nov 06, 2013
God bless SW. We dont wait for FGN before we construct bridge eg Ikoyi -Lekki bridge, we dont wait for FGN to have an airport.

Some people have been waiting for the past 50years for 2nd Niger Bridge, Onitsha Port, Nnewi International airport, Consular offices in Enugu.

Keep waiting ooo grin grin grin
Re: Osun Airport ’ll Have Longest Runway In Nigeria’ by emiye(m): 10:14pm On Nov 06, 2013
Good one ! Longest runaway in Nigeria shows the project is a visionary one.

Over 50% completion also shows a lot of work has been done.
Re: Osun Airport ’ll Have Longest Runway In Nigeria’ by yetunsbay(m): 10:56pm On Nov 06, 2013
I-B.:

What makes the governor an empty vessle?
learner...
Re: Osun Airport ’ll Have Longest Runway In Nigeria’ by MCMLXXVI(m): 3:21pm On Jun 03, 2015
Sunnybobo3, atlwireles, BuddahMonk, Kenai, SeverusSnape, anonimi, Ishilove, Francis5, Ikengawo, Onatisi, Owobikiri, Owobokiri, Superstar1, Gbawe, agabaI23, nonaira...

Where is the airport?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Airport ’ll Have Longest Runway In Nigeria’ by MCMLXXVI(m): 3:23pm On Jun 03, 2015
superstar1:
God bless SW. We dont wait for FGN before we construct bridge eg Ikoyi -Lekki bridge, we dont wait for FGN to have an airport.

Some people have been waiting for the past 50years for 2nd Niger Bridge, Onitsha Port, Nnewi International airport, Consular offices in Enugu.

Keep waiting ooo grin grin grin

BUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
The joke is on you now, isn't it? grin

Next time, be careful before typing.

6 Likes

Re: Osun Airport ’ll Have Longest Runway In Nigeria’ by superstar1(m): 3:26pm On Jun 03, 2015
MCMLXXVI:

BUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
The joke is on you now, isn't it? grin

Next time, be careful before typing.

Which part of the post was wrong? Being cash crunched now does not mean the project will not be completed. The bottom line, work has started on it.

Is it the part that showed the commissioning of the invisible 2NB? cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Osun Airport ’ll Have Longest Runway In Nigeria’ by Nobody: 3:28pm On Jun 03, 2015
MCMLXXVI:
Sunnybobo3, atlwireles, BuddahMonk, Kenai, SeverusSnape, anonimi, Ishilove, Francis5, Ikengawo, Onatisi, Owobikiri, Owobokiri, Superstar1, Gbawe, agabaI23, nonaira...

Where is the airport?

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Inflated Prices Of Road Construction In Nigeria / Governor Commissions Igbogbo/Bayeku LCDA Secretariat / FG Reviews Recruitment Guidelines To Accommodate 35% Women In Four Agencies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.