Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,537 members, 7,819,919 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:47 AM

Are Indian Bosses In Nigeria That Bad??? - Career (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Are Indian Bosses In Nigeria That Bad??? (35702 Views)

Is Working For Access Bank That Bad? / Lady Who Slept With Her Bosses For Promotion Cries Out / Hilarious Relationship Between Workers And Their Bosses(pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Indian Bosses In Nigeria That Bad??? by emmanuelewumi(m): 4:05pm On Nov 12, 2013
Sagamite:

I will be generous and refrain from saying "I am yet to see a Nigerian that" in my following state.

"I can't recall seeing many Nigerians in Nigeria who I or someone else tell what they do and they ask 'what is the job like', 'how does it function' or 'is it interesting'. What they want to know is 'how much do you make', 'how much can you make from the job' and 'what will you be making in future if you have experience in the job'."

Only God knows how many countless graduates from Nigeria that I see who are all looking to do a Masters in Petroleum Engineering.

I go dey wonder: Na so una love petrol reach? Una get passion for seeing Oyel?

http://www.jarushub.com/questions-answers-on-oil-gas-career-i/

na so dey loke oyel
Re: Are Indian Bosses In Nigeria That Bad??? by Sagamite(m): 6:32am On Nov 13, 2013
This is Nigeria for you:

http://www.punchng.com/opinion/the-shame-called-murtala-muhammed-international-airport/

Run by Nigerians.

The guy nailed it from beginning to the end. It was like if I wrote it. The core difference was he did not use fucktards, cretins and moorons which makes it clear I did not write it.

As much as I love every single sentence, I particularly love the ending parts:

"Even with all the money in the world, our airports and our country will not work as long as we do not have people who care about excellence. Caring about excellence means knowing that Nigerians deserve the best all the time. When we reserve the rights citizens of other countries take for granted, upgrade such to privileges for our citizens, we will always miss the point of making things work. Nigerians deserve more but as long as we have people – including the President – dancing on national TV because a road contract has been awarded, we’d always have a situation where mediocrity will remain the norm. Would anyone say the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway is the mess it is because of money? Nay. It is what it is because we are who we are. We have become a people accustomed to seeing nothing work."

1 Like

Re: Are Indian Bosses In Nigeria That Bad??? by Nobody: 7:23am On Nov 13, 2013
Sagamite: This is Nigeria for you:

http://www.punchng.com/opinion/the-shame-called-murtala-muhammed-international-airport/

Run by Nigerians.

The guy nailed it from beginning to the end. It was like if I wrote it. The core difference was he did not use fucktards, cretins and moorons which makes it clear I did not write it.

As much as I love every single sentence, I particularly love the ending parts:

"Even with all the money in the world, our airports and our country will not work as long as we do not have people who care about excellence. Caring about excellence means knowing that Nigerians deserve the best all the time. When we reserve the rights citizens of other countries take for granted, upgrade such to privileges for our citizens, we will always miss the point of making things work. Nigerians deserve more but as long as we have people – including the President – dancing on national TV because a road contract has been awarded, we’d always have a situation where mediocrity will remain the norm. Would anyone say the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway is the mess it is because of money? Nay. It is what it is because we are who we are. We have become a people accustomed to seeing nothing work."

Nigerians always celebrate mediocrity. Couldn't have put it better myself.

Excellence is a spirit, and its very far from Nigerians.

We don't take responsibility for anything, someone else is always to blame.

We celebrate thieves and look down on intelligence.

3 Likes

Re: Are Indian Bosses In Nigeria That Bad??? by Bhaveshmanek: 11:58pm On Jan 17, 2019
This is a post of 2013 and unfortunately I came across today. I am an Indian and worked in India as well as in Nigeria with Indian owned and Nigerian owned company both.

Summery of many comments is peanuts salary and too much work pressure.

Now let us understand the work first. No one can expect a growth without proving as performer him self or herself in any corner if world. It is not important that how many hours we are working ? The important is how much output we are providing.

You can't get fruit without growing tree.

When I was working in Nigeria I was working 8.30 am to 7 pm.

When I work in India , I work from 9 am to 9 pm (I have to start at 7 am to reach my workplace at 9 am and when I close my work at 9 pm I reach at 11 pm.)

I can't keep on complaining that I am working like inhuman (my country also having a labour law 9 hour a day working) but when you work in private sector all company demand long hours work with maximum output (all companies are having same work culture so chance to keep on changing company).

When I started working in India I worked at less than peanut salary (please note minimum wages in India is less than equallent to Naira 18000).

But I worked hard and i worked smart and delivered result so without my asking I

Nigerians always celebrate mediocrity. Couldn't have put it better myself.

Excellence is a spirit, and its very far from Nigerians.

We don't take responsibility for anything, someone else is always to blame.

We celebrate thieves and look down on intelligence.
got promoted every year.

Believe me Indian employers in Nigeria are not keen on bringing indians in Nigeria if they get expected performance and result from local staff.

Why dangote is having 90% of senior staff indians ? Dangote is Nigerian owned.

It is not questioning of Nigerian or indians. You have create your own value and identity by your performance not by degree.

What you many are compaining that peanut salary and too much work pressure and other wahala like no pension , no medical , no leave is same in India also.

When you work in private sector your growth measurement criteria is only one achieve what is expected from you with limited resources available and within given time frame. Prove your self consistently and than talk about growth.

This is simple forula of growth in private sector work in any part of world.

I am a professional coach and mentor so if any one want guidence than please feel free to connect with me on what's app on +919321199546.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are Indian Bosses In Nigeria That Bad??? by Tajsagay(m): 10:27am On Sep 16, 2020
ANYTHING DIFFERENT IN 2020?
Re: Are Indian Bosses In Nigeria That Bad??? by LeJeun3: 10:30am On Sep 16, 2020
Tajsagay:
ANYTHING DIFFERENT IN 2020?

Did Indians change or the workplace become something different?!

Re: Are Indian Bosses In Nigeria That Bad??? by Exoclassic: 2:18pm On Sep 20, 2020

Dumb slave.. I bet you stink of tandoori/garlic.
he hasn't worked with one before. Don't mind him
Re: Are Indian Bosses In Nigeria That Bad??? by Exoclassic: 2:19pm On Sep 20, 2020
holyvirgin:
I can't believe some of you are hailing those Indians undecided gosh... Those guys from third world country, with little education and terrible grammer shouldn't be allowed to boss any Nigerian. They are disrespectful, saucy, lazy and not professionals at all.
The annoying part is that as a Nigerian working in any Indian company, don't expect promotions. Oh yes your salary MIGHT be increased a little but you can never rise to the position of manager instead they will go back to india, employ another indian who knows nothing about the job to lord over you despite the rise in unemployment.

I don't pray any of you to work with indians abeg....
you just narrated everything I am going through with indians
Re: Are Indian Bosses In Nigeria That Bad??? by Exoclassic: 2:26pm On Sep 20, 2020
Well I have nothing good to say about the ones I worked with. Always trying to make it seem like they're doing the Nigerians a favour. The day I resigned the dude called me and sat with me for an hour asking me why I was leaving and if there was anything they could do to make me stay. Good riddance!
they are fond of that. Hypocrites
Re: Are Indian Bosses In Nigeria That Bad??? by BigBashiru: 12:53am On Apr 20, 2021
BluMalam:

Just so you know, from my indian neighbour in Nigeria when i was two, to the ones i have as friends now, i have never considered indians higher on any social/racial hierarchy, its just delusion and wishful thinking by whoever harbours that thought.

the white man is also delusional with his belief that he is superior to africans.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

FREE STAAD PRO Connect Edition Tutorial - for Structural Engineers in nigeria / Is Dentistry Better Than Medicine / Staff Of Baker Hughes Protest In Port-Harcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.