Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,153 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:36 AM

Are Indian Bosses In Nigeria That Bad??? - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Are Indian Bosses In Nigeria That Bad??? (35650 Views)

Is Working For Access Bank That Bad? / Lady Who Slept With Her Bosses For Promotion Cries Out / Hilarious Relationship Between Workers And Their Bosses(pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Indian Bosses In Nigeria That Bad??? by adeememman(m): 6:48pm On Nov 06, 2013
[quote author=bigheart2013]Bro, trust me. I have tried to work with a lot of Nigerians back home when I tried to do business. Nigerians are some of the most unprofessional and difficult people to work with, especially the new graduates.

1.A lady shows up for work 1hr late and goes into another 30mins 'quiet time' (prayer) leaving customers to complain. She doesn't even care
2.staff abandon their work and attend burial, or church crusade for days and show up to be paid full salary
3.The cost of managing some Nigerians back home is high. If u hire them u have to hire someone to monitor them otherwise they steal you silly. What a crap!
4. Majority work for money and don't care about the job. Private business must make money before they pay salary
5. Some want to be compensated for a big paper degree with no expertise or hands-on skill to back it.

This is not how things work in some of this countries abroad. So don't blame foreigners who have strong work ethics. If you wana work with Nigerians back home you must be very strict, otherwise you will lose your investment. Period!

There are reasons why unemployment level in Nigeria is very high. It's not just lack of jobs but also lack of employable hands.

not someone like me who prays daily for a good job

3 Likes

Re: Are Indian Bosses In Nigeria That Bad??? by gnykelly(m): 6:48pm On Nov 06, 2013
consider this: 70% of america C.E.O and managers are indians. Why= they flow with the market tide.
Those ones i worked with over here have enough skill to power any economy. But they are here illegaly. Complain of how they maltreat and careless of workers welfare. You can ask NLC and govt official how they are settled when they come for inspection.
Not their fault. They swim with the tide.
Re: Are Indian Bosses In Nigeria That Bad??? by Italiano1: 6:49pm On Nov 06, 2013
AjanleKoko: Indian bosses are not bad.
It's Nigerian employees who are lazy.

You respond to a conjecture with a sweeping generalisation.

1 Like

Re: Are Indian Bosses In Nigeria That Bad??? by Nobody: 6:49pm On Nov 06, 2013
indianin9ja:

Stop talking about things you don't know about. Indians judge each other mainly on religion, caste, origin, language, wealth but not on skin colour. There are many many poor light-skinned Indians and many rich Indians who are dark.

True, we prefer our women to be light-skinned, but don't African men want the same? Isn't that why both India and Africa consumes large amounts of skin bleaching products?

LMAO.....i have to agree with you on that.....it's just one of many social ills......But in a way its a matter of preference....Some pale skinned whites wish they were darker and vice versa....But then its interesting to note that Men want light skinned women and women prefer dark skinned men, so i guess in a way it balances out!
Re: Are Indian Bosses In Nigeria That Bad??? by vislabraye(m): 6:50pm On Nov 06, 2013
biotun: India bosses are not that bad,it is Nigeria employers that are very lazy

Are U one of the Indian bosses ? How can U say Nigerian workers are lazy ? U can only speak for urself.

Indian, Lebanese and Chinese bosses have the same issues. No one speaks well about them. You've got to be careful while doing business with them.

1 Like

Re: Are Indian Bosses In Nigeria That Bad??? by ocheejemb: 6:50pm On Nov 06, 2013
Well, with the level of tribalism that goes on here on Nairaland, its no suprise that there would be even stronger racism.

Well, I've never worked under an Indian supervisor, but I have worked with several. I strongly doubt that they treat you any differently from how they would treat their own kind back home, or how a Nigerian boss would treat you. I'm guessing a lot of Nigerians would just have an automatic bias and a complex, "Why is this foreigner bossing me around in my own country".

If its paining you like that quit your job and work for Nigerians, maybe they will pamper you and feed you milk and honey.

1 Like

Re: Are Indian Bosses In Nigeria That Bad??? by Nobody: 6:51pm On Nov 06, 2013
I have worked with Indians and they are very bad,stingy and know how to exploit their workers. They are very manipulative.

1 Like

Re: Are Indian Bosses In Nigeria That Bad??? by papushki(m): 6:52pm On Nov 06, 2013
AjanleKoko: Indian bosses are not bad.
It's Nigerian employees who are lazy.

Pls enlighten yourself or experience it before u make ur conclusions pls..
Re: Are Indian Bosses In Nigeria That Bad??? by Nobody: 6:54pm On Nov 06, 2013
indianin9ja:

This is just human nature. In Africa, they're high on the social/racial hierarchy, but in Europe, they're low. So they have to act accordingly.
OMG HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! *breathes* HAHAHAHAHA see 1st class ode! Mugu!
He actually thinks INDIANS are "high" on the societal ladder here in NIGERIA of all places!
Mr Sanjay Radeepur Prakash, lemme break it down for you.
Nigerians are a special kind of African people. We are the most two-faced, ambitious, conniving, greedy, intelligent, ruthless, amoral people on this continent.
A typical Nigerian like me can't even work under an African who isn't Nigerian without scheming him out of his position and taking over what he has. I bet your Nigerian friends who have made you feel "superior" are laughing their backsides off behind your back while mocking your accent and straffing your wife and daughter (I personally know of two cases like this).
So you see, Mr Jaghdeep Singh Adawahl, us Nigerians only show you what is in our interest to show you. We really do not like or respect you very much. A Nigerian typically regards himself before all other humans and often even his god.
If you doubt this, lose all your money and possessions and try to survive in Nigeria like a Nigerian. Then you'll see how much your imagined "status" counts for here. We're economic animals surviving in a financial jungle.
You'd better pay attention to your job and your family and stop listening to what my countrymen are using to wash you. We no dey look face for here.

Btw whoever is telling these foreigners lies needs to stop. It's better for them to know exactly where they stand than for them to receive a rude shock thinking that this is Uganda or Ghana. It's only fair.

8 Likes

Re: Are Indian Bosses In Nigeria That Bad??? by indianin9ja(m): 6:58pm On Nov 06, 2013
engineerd:

LMAO.....i have to agree with you on that.....it's just one of many social ills......But in a way its a matter of preference....Some pale skinned whites wish they were darker and vice versa....But then its interesting to note that Men want light skinned women and women prefer dark skinned men, so i guess in a way it balances out!

I read somewhere that it's an evolutionary thing to prefer light-skinned females. Because they can make more Vitamin A with their skin so the fetus has a better chance of being healthy during pregnancy.
Re: Are Indian Bosses In Nigeria That Bad??? by indianin9ja(m): 7:00pm On Nov 06, 2013
daz_york:
OMG HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! *breathes* HAHAHAHAHA see 1st class ode! Mugu!
He actually thinks INDIANS are "high" on the societal ladder here in NIGERIA of all places!
Mr Sanjay Radeepur Prakash, lemme break it down for you.
Nigerians are a special kind of African people. We are the most two-faced, ambitious, conniving, greedy, intelligent, ruthless, amoral people on this continent.
A typical Nigerian like me can't even work under an African who isn't Nigerian without scheming him out of his position and taking over what he has. I bet your Nigerian friends who have made you feel "superior" are laughing their backsides off behind your back while mocking your accent and straffing your wife and daughter (I personally know of two cases like this).
So you see, Mr Jaghdeep Singh Adawahl, us Nigerians only show you what is in our interest to show you. We really do not like or respect you very much. A Nigerian typically regards himself before all other humans and often even his god.
If you doubt this, lose all your money and possessions and try to survive in Nigeria like a Nigerian. Then you'll see how much your imagined "status" counts for here. We're economic animals surviving in a financial jungle.
You'd better pay attention to your job and your family and stop listening to what my countrymen are using to wash you. We no dey look face for here.

Btw whoever is telling these foreigners lies needs to stop. It's better for them to know exactly where they stand than for them to receive a rude shock thinking that this is Uganda or Ghana. It's only fair.

I know, that every person is for himself and often wants to take advantage of other people. This is the same everywhere.

However, I was talking about how one sees other people. I have this feeling that given two qualified candidates with equivalent experience and educational background and personality, the Indian has an advantage here in Nigeria over the indigenous candidate simply because there is a widespread perception that we're more competent and less likely to cheat the employer.
Re: Are Indian Bosses In Nigeria That Bad??? by tellwisdom: 7:07pm On Nov 06, 2013
Indians?? ....I slap them randomly

1 Like

Re: Are Indian Bosses In Nigeria That Bad??? by komek(m): 7:10pm On Nov 06, 2013
Afam4eva: .
Is this man not supposed to be a Mod? So he has join them.

1 Like

Re: Are Indian Bosses In Nigeria That Bad??? by Goldenheart(m): 7:12pm On Nov 06, 2013
4reigningqueen: Two nigerian factory worker gisting and laughing while working before their Indian boss walked in.

Boss- why you dey lap?
Workers- oga sorry, we no they laugh we dey work
Boss- what do you mean you no dey lap,yesterday u lap, today u lap, tomorow u lap till u go lap forever!
Workers- bust into laughter!!!

what a horrible sense of humor. Dont do this again pls.

No homo
Re: Are Indian Bosses In Nigeria That Bad??? by BluMalam(m): 7:13pm On Nov 06, 2013
indianin9ja:

Stop talking about things you don't know about. Indians judge each other mainly on religion, caste, origin, language, wealth but not on skin colour. There are many many poor light-skinned Indians and many rich Indians who are dark.

True, we prefer our women to be light-skinned, but don't African men want the same? Isn't that why both India and Africa consumes large amounts of skin bleaching products?

I AGREE WITH YOU.

FOR THE FIRST TIME ON THIS THREAD YOU ARE SPEAKING WITH OBJECTIVITY, NOT THAT SOCIAL HIERARCHY BULLCRAP.

HAD TO PUT YOU IN YOUR PLACE cool cool
Re: Are Indian Bosses In Nigeria That Bad??? by indianin9ja(m): 7:17pm On Nov 06, 2013
Blu Malam:

I AGREE WITH YOU.

FOR THE FIRST TIME ON THIS THREAD YOU ARE SPEAKING WITH OBJECTIVITY, NOT THAT SOCIAL HIERARCHY BULLCRAP.

HAD TO PUT YOU IN YOUR PLACE cool cool

*facepalm
Re: Are Indian Bosses In Nigeria That Bad??? by Nobody: 7:18pm On Nov 06, 2013
komek:
Is this man not supposed to be a Mod? So he has join them.

grin grin grin grin
Re: Are Indian Bosses In Nigeria That Bad??? by IAMBREEZY: 7:25pm On Nov 06, 2013
I'm the boss,so i don't have any boss.

1 Like

Re: Are Indian Bosses In Nigeria That Bad??? by iyobs7(f): 7:27pm On Nov 06, 2013
holyvirgin: I can't believe some of you are hailing those Indians undecided gosh... Those guys from third world country, with little education and terrible grammer shouldn't be allowed to boss any Nigerian. They are disrespectful, saucy, lazy and not professionals at all.
The annoying part is that as a Nigerian working in any Indian company, don't expect promotions. Oh yes your salary MIGHT be increased a little but you can never rise to the position of manager instead they will go back to indian, employ another indian who knows nothing about the job to lord over you despite the rise in unemployment.

I don't pray any of you to work with indians abeg....

You are really ignorant.

Your first class 5.0 in Nigeria is a 2.2 student in India.
I am schooling in India BTW undecided angry

3 Likes

Re: Are Indian Bosses In Nigeria That Bad??? by papushki(m): 7:27pm On Nov 06, 2013
Imajin someone invited for an interview and when he arrives he sees indians and d first tin he says is dis FUCKERS are here and walks out. Now dis person resigned from an indian infested company and at dat moment was unemployed. Dats how bad it is , I worked for one then resigned myself and ever since prayed to GOD neva to cross path wit such poverty stricken minded pple . Pls take note am referring to d ones dat I worked for not d indian popu at large

4 Likes

Re: Are Indian Bosses In Nigeria That Bad??? by occam(m): 7:29pm On Nov 06, 2013
Why are Indians even managing Nigerians in Nigerian companies in the first place? Don't we have competent People managers?

Britons are bosses in their country, Canadians are bosses in their country, Indians are bosses in their country... So why is our own case different?

5 Likes

Re: Are Indian Bosses In Nigeria That Bad??? by Ediss(m): 7:31pm On Nov 06, 2013
Thank God for Nigeria customs oooooooh. Our oga at the top are good and fatherly to us o. When I grow up I will be good o. Am a growing good boss trust me wink
Re: Are Indian Bosses In Nigeria That Bad??? by occam(m): 7:34pm On Nov 06, 2013
gny kelly: consider this: 70% of america C.E.O and managers are indians. Why= they flow with the market tide.
Those ones i worked with over here have enough skill to power any economy. But they are here illegaly. Complain of how they maltreat and careless of workers welfare. You can ask NLC and govt official how they are settled when they come for inspection.
Not their fault. They swim with the tide.

Crap! where did you get your own stats. Most CEOs in American companies are either born in there or naturalized citizens

1 Like

Re: Are Indian Bosses In Nigeria That Bad??? by willibounce: 7:37pm On Nov 06, 2013
They stink and I hate when they nod their heads like lizards when speaking english. Many of thm know theyy are not so safe here, that's why they mostly reside within dsame vicinity. I suspect a large number of them will be attacked someday if they continue with their master/sLave work style.

3 Likes

Re: Are Indian Bosses In Nigeria That Bad??? by tayoccu(m): 7:37pm On Nov 06, 2013
@ajenlekoko and the other guy who believe indian bosses aren't bad, but nigerian workers are lazy, you should talk to the peeps that work @ grand mahindra in abeokuta, and spanco in ibadan, they will tell you otherwise.
A graduate @ the coys I mentioned above earns 38k per month, and works for a minimum of 48 hours every week, no benefits. And the indian bosses drive them like slaves.

1 Like

Re: Are Indian Bosses In Nigeria That Bad??? by Nobody: 7:45pm On Nov 06, 2013
I don't hav an indian boss but as clients, one thought he was smart and went to book first class seat witout my knowlege he was surprisd I never refunded him

Another one wanted a cash-advance immediately he landed into naija I made sure he worked a month befor he got it.

Ds particular indian said he dnt like toyota cars as official car(2012 for that matter)
I withdrew d vehicle and sent a cab man(honda 99) to b pickin him. Iv dealt with dem very well.

6 Likes

Re: Are Indian Bosses In Nigeria That Bad??? by iyobs7(f): 7:46pm On Nov 06, 2013
AS A COUNTRY, A NATION, A DEMOCRATIC ONE AT THAT AND WITH THE NUMBER OF PEOPLE ON NAIRALAND COMMENTING ON THIS TOPIC, IT REVEALS THAT THOSE COMMENTING ARE AT LEAST OLD ENOUGH TO THINK. IT IS A PITY THAT MOST PEOPLE ARE HERE COMPLAINING ABOUT WHAT OTHER NATIONALS LIKE INDIANS ARE DOING TO THEM TAGGING ALONG SLAVE-MASTER EXCUSE. IN NIGERIA IS THERE NO ORGANISATION LIKE LABOUR UNION, ARE THERE NO BODIES RESPONSIBLE FOR WORKERS WELFARE? ARE THEY NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR HOW WORKERS ARE TREATED? OH THE TRADE AND LABOUR UNIONS ARE ONLY MEANT TO STAGE PLANNED STRIKES AGAINST THE GOVERNMENT. WHEN CORRUPTION HAS EATEN THE FABRICS OF NIGERIA AND THOSE IN POWER DONT GIVE A DAMN ABOUT YOUR WELFARE YOU ARE CRYING ABOUT INDIANS USING PEOPLE AS SLAVES. angry angry angry

FYI THEY DO IT ALOT IN INDIA. THEIR WOMEN CARRY CONCRETE AND EVEN DID GUTTERS IN SAREES grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Are Indian Bosses In Nigeria That Bad??? by Nobody: 7:46pm On Nov 06, 2013
engineerd:

DUDE STFU AND STOP SPEWING UR BULL-SHI*T HERE...YOU MUST FORGET YOU ARE DEALING WITH NIGERIANS WHO HARDLY HAVE A BONE OF INFERIORITY COMPLEX....KEEP YOUR SOCIAL CONSTRUCT IN BOMBAY....

That is what some of these Indians don't understand. They mistake their subservient employees and servants for the rest of Nigerians who don't need them for anything, and wouldn't give two tosses about throwing them in the next river.
Re: Are Indian Bosses In Nigeria That Bad??? by Urine: 7:47pm On Nov 06, 2013
iyobs7:

You are really ignorant.

Your first class 5.0 in Nigeria is a 2.2 student in India.
I am schooling in India BTW undecided angry

You're the ignorant one bro, I attended grad school in the UK with top graduates from India, not one single Indian finished ahead of a Nigerian. Btw "schooling in India" is not adequate to pass this type of judgment, go to the US or UK and let's know your opinion.

1 Like

Re: Are Indian Bosses In Nigeria That Bad??? by Nobody: 7:50pm On Nov 06, 2013
occam: Why are Indians even managing Nigerians in Nigerian companies in the first place? Don't we have competent People managers?

Britons are bosses in their country, Canadians are bosses in their country, Indians are bosses in their country... So why is our own case different?

MANY Nigerians are managers in top companies across Europe, Canada and the US.

Those nations are more enlightened than backward India, and will make use of talent regardless of skin colour. That a country allows workers from all over the world is a sign of political maturity and plurality, so Nigeria should be praised.
Re: Are Indian Bosses In Nigeria That Bad??? by Nobody: 7:50pm On Nov 06, 2013
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-21826366

Here is an excerpt to show how phucked up these Indians can be...they need to look in the mirror.....My mother is African and she is even lighter skinned than your average indian....:

I quote:

"In this neighbourhood, Negro or kaalia (black in Hindi) are the two words indiscriminately used to describe all black people.

"We call them Negro because they are black. They look frightening," says one woman. "
Re: Are Indian Bosses In Nigeria That Bad??? by iGeneral: 7:52pm On Nov 06, 2013
Indian bosses are not bad at all. Am currently sleeping with one.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Widow Turned Bus Conductor Relies On Weed To Deal With Lagos ‘agberos’ / Young Man Flies First Flight As Airline Pilot With His Parents On Board. Photos / Who Earns More Between A Professor And A Medical Consultant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.