Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,550 members, 7,812,760 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:48 PM

Are Indian Bosses In Nigeria That Bad??? - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Are Indian Bosses In Nigeria That Bad??? (35666 Views)

Is Working For Access Bank That Bad? / Lady Who Slept With Her Bosses For Promotion Cries Out / Hilarious Relationship Between Workers And Their Bosses(pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Indian Bosses In Nigeria That Bad??? by Sagamite(m): 10:41pm On Nov 06, 2013
AjanleKoko:
Abi oh.

Or maybe we should ask like this: compared to Indians, how many businesses are Nigerians opening in those Western countries? grin

Walahi, I don't even have the strength this evening for any argument jare. embarassed

Ask them a simple question.

Ask them to name ONE classy Nigerian restaurant in the UK and watch them struggle.

There are more than 60 Nigerian restaurants in London alone, maybe 100 across the UK. None shows any sign of having business acumen or a brain of progress and class. All the owners want to do is to ride Jeep and go to Church to say "Jesus did it for me" until years down the line, their business declines.

They think customer service is a favour they are doing their customers.

Smilenw:

Oh, I forgot your type...we hate Nigerians in diaspora, especially if they have succeeded...

Btw...don't you think ma n pa would be so proud of the training they gave you if they ever get to see the respect and love you are showering on a fellow Nigerian because he doesn't agree with your idea. embarassed

Don't mind the person.

He is living in a shithole that has destroyed his life and continues to destroy it while their leaders are riding bullet-proof cars.

All he knows is frustration, struggle and injustice. But fucktards like him would be talking crap about people that live abroad happily and safely with a bright future and can control their lives.

willibounce:

U just a noise maker.y

When you have no brain, sense would sound like noise.
Re: Are Indian Bosses In Nigeria That Bad??? by Nobody: 10:43pm On Nov 06, 2013
Smilenw:

Oh, I forgot your type...we hate Nigerians in diaspora, especially if they have succeeded...

Btw...don't you think ma n pa would be so proud of the training they gave you if they ever get to see the respect and love you are showering on a fellow Nigerian because he doesn't agree with your idea. embarassed

I am a Nigerian ! In "Diaspora" whatever the hell that means! LMAO....please with all due respect, i tend to have a caustic tongue, so please don't quote me again!!!!
Re: Are Indian Bosses In Nigeria That Bad??? by indianin9ja(m): 10:45pm On Nov 06, 2013
fredabrown: Why Do Black African Racial Stereotypes Persist in India?

African-Indian bonhomie was all the rage in India's media last week, amid celebratory coverage of homegrown telecom company Airtel's $10.7 billion acquisition of Kuwaiti company Zain's African operations and TV images of Indian visitors blowing vuvuzelas at soccer's World Cup in South Africa. Amid all the backslapping, however, an African student in India who runs a news and current-affairs website from the city of Bhopal accused companies like Coca-Cola of airing racist commercials on Indian TV that portrayed Africans as primitive savages.

"Indian marketers have a field day in putting 'blacks' where they've always 'belonged,' at least in the average Indian mind-sets," wrote S.K.Y. Banji, a Ugandan who has lived in India for more than four years and runs the Reign Times. His comments were endorsed by fellow Africans who posted on the site, sharing their own experiences of racism in India, and soon Banji's concerns were being aired in segments of the mainstream media. Yet there was hardly any public outcry, and none of the companies have issued apologies.
(See why racist attitudes are so ingrained.)

One of the commercials in question, for Coca-Cola's Sprite — which a Coca-Cola spokesperson says was received "very positively" by a test audience in India — shows two young Indian men captured by savages in an African jungle. While one of them tries to win over the captors by doing a silly jig, the other simply offers them Sprite. "There is nothing offensive in this ad," says Martha Wariithi, a Kenyan by birth who is the director of knowledge and insights for Coca-Cola's India and South West Asia unit. "It's lighthearted ... It fits very well for the positioning for Sprite in the market."
(What's racist? The importance of a glance.)

The Indian lemon drink LMN, produced by the Parle Agro corporation, has a blatantly racist subtext in its TV spot that shows two Africans digging in the sand for water. When they spot a tap nearby, they wrench it off and start using it as a shovel. Parle Agro would not comment to TIME on the commercial.
(Comment on this story.)

Another spot, for BP's Castrol engine oil, shows two young Indian men being magically transported from place to place: a beach, a lion-infested jungle — and a cauldron being carried by smiling African cannibals. BP has not responded to TIME's queries despite indicating it would do so.

Read more: http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1997936,0...

I'm not sure you're aware of this, but in India, there are indigenous people (Andamanese and Nicobarese) who are among the most primitive, tribal people on earth today. They look very much like black Africans. Those commercials may have referred to them and not the Africans.

When Indians from the mainland visit those islands, they sometimes throw food to them as one would throw food to monkeys, which the natives would eagerly collect and eat. So, these commercials are not exactly exaggerating how primitive those people are.
Re: Are Indian Bosses In Nigeria That Bad??? by Nobody: 10:47pm On Nov 06, 2013
Sagamite:

And what did you tell him when he asked?

Well I had my mind made up about leaving already. I'd have been a fool to have rescinded. So I just told him nothing.

Granted, some Nigerians can be lazy when it comes to work, but that doesn't mean they have to take it out on every other person. The last thing I'd ever tolerate in a corporate environment is to be treated like some second class citizen in my own country.

4 Likes

Re: Are Indian Bosses In Nigeria That Bad??? by Sagamite(m): 10:48pm On Nov 06, 2013
masonkz:

Well I had my mind made up about leaving already. I'd have been a fool to have rescinded.

Granted, some Nigerians can be lazy when it comes to work, but that doesn't mean they have to take it out on every other person. The last thing I'd ever tolerate in a corporate environment is to be treated like some second class citizen in my own country.

Good point.

But if you were in a position to be blunt, I would have expected you to be.

1 Like

Re: Are Indian Bosses In Nigeria That Bad??? by Sagamite(m): 10:51pm On Nov 06, 2013
Even barber lasan (ordinarily), Nigerians can't do well.

Majority just spoil your hair style.

I avoid them like a plague and go to Jamos most times.

1 Like

Re: Are Indian Bosses In Nigeria That Bad??? by tpia5: 10:51pm On Nov 06, 2013
papushki:

Pls enlighten yourself or experience it before u make ur conclusions pls..

Check his signature.

What do you think he's saying.
Re: Are Indian Bosses In Nigeria That Bad??? by ckkris: 10:57pm On Nov 06, 2013
indianin9ja:

I'm not sure you're aware of this, but in India, there are indigenous people (Andamanese and Nicobarese) who are among the most primitive, tribal people on earth today. They look very much like black Africans. Those commercials may have referred to them and not the Africans.

When Indians from the mainland visit those islands, they sometimes throw food to them as one would throw food to monkeys, which the natives would eagerly collect and eat. So, these commercials are not exactly exaggerating how primitive those people are.
When Indians throw food to Nigerians, the Indian will LEARN BY EXPERIENCE, not to try that again.
Re: Are Indian Bosses In Nigeria That Bad??? by AjanleKoko: 10:57pm On Nov 06, 2013
tpia@:

Check his signature.

What do you think he's saying.

He can't possibly figure it out, even if I gave him the whole of next year.
You nko, you want to give it a crack? grin
Re: Are Indian Bosses In Nigeria That Bad??? by Dovahkiin(m): 11:06pm On Nov 06, 2013
frankobaba:

SHUT U.P MuMu...they are lunching space probes to Mars...and here u are castigating them

ode see what is impressing you grin grin , they launched a rocket to mars while majority of their population wallow in poverty and unemployment , and terrorists continue to blow $hit up , this whole mars launch shit is just a pissing contest . cant Bleep with their hustle tho , like the jews , they suceed anywhere they go and when they do , they help their other indians suceed . We nigerians might want to pick up on that .

slightlyMad: indians dont joke about their business and i so love that

You employ a nigerian and he'll be asking you for permission every month.
i love firing them.

Are you included in that generalization as a fellow Nigerian cos you are coming off all high and mighty

1 Like

Re: Are Indian Bosses In Nigeria That Bad??? by Nobody: 11:08pm On Nov 06, 2013
Keneking:

Not enough reason to talk to me in that manner. Kindly apologise.

Am sorry sir! Supporting those guys pissed mi of... Am sorry
Re: Are Indian Bosses In Nigeria That Bad??? by papushki(m): 11:12pm On Nov 06, 2013
Indians are good at meeting their targets but their employees wit go tru hell wit no recognition for their efforts.. They are d worst employers of labor cos they ve no regards for human capital, they rather employ casual workers at cheap rate and fire them at will and employ again. They are master of causal labor, for an employee they are our worst nightmare cos there will be stagnation of career, no training or development, they don't regard ur degree. I was once asked why I was reading my Masters program to dem its a waste, they are ready to increase ur working hrs and half u pay ( airtel staff ). They do not practise human resources management but personal management where they re concerned wit ur performance rather dan looking at human capital as d most impo factor of production. They will neva motivate u, they pass their msg across verbally rather than written so if they do not honor it u have no prove. They are poor minded and sleezy pple dat I pray I neva get in contact with again in my life.

2 Likes

Re: Are Indian Bosses In Nigeria That Bad??? by Sagamite(m): 11:14pm On Nov 06, 2013
AjanleKoko:

While trying to think about the puzzle, you know it took me about 10 minutes to remember what word is Pig in Yoruba.

Kai! My Yoruba don dey vanish o! grin
Re: Are Indian Bosses In Nigeria That Bad??? by Smilenw(f): 11:14pm On Nov 06, 2013
engineerd:

I am a Nigerian ! In "Diaspora" whatever the hell that means! LMAO....please with all due respect, i tend to have a caustic tongue, so please don't quote me again!!!!

You have been "quoted" undecided
Re: Are Indian Bosses In Nigeria That Bad??? by Italiano1: 11:15pm On Nov 06, 2013
AjanleKoko:

Abi oh.

Or maybe we should ask like this: compared to Indians, how many businesses are Nigerians opening in those Western countries? grin

Walahi, I don't even have the strength this evening for any argument jare. embarassed

There is no correlation between my response to Sagamite and what you have just said.

I hold you in high stead but I totally disagree with your generalisation that Nigerian workers are lazy- with all respect, that statement is ridiculous! You are Nigerian, are you a lazy worker?

1 Like

Re: Are Indian Bosses In Nigeria That Bad??? by tpia5: 11:16pm On Nov 06, 2013
AjanleKoko:

Are you that important?

Why would i waste my time doing such?

Na you sabi what you wan write. Its been there for long sef, seems you have some chips on your shoulder.
Re: Are Indian Bosses In Nigeria That Bad??? by willibounce: 11:18pm On Nov 06, 2013
Sagamite: Even barber lasan (ordinarily), Nigerians can't do well.

Elenu ni e. U jst dey yarn dust. E be Lyk na u go 1st go london 4 ur generation. Awon jamo yen na Lo ma gun e pa. omo ote

1 Like

Re: Are Indian Bosses In Nigeria That Bad??? by Sagamite(m): 11:25pm On Nov 06, 2013
willibounce:

Elenu ni e. U jst dey yarn dust. E be Lyk na u go 1st go london 4 ur generation. Awon jamo yen na Lo ma gun e pa. omo ote

You are a person!

Ori o pe.

Ti trailer ti o ni break o ba paa, ole a paa. Ti ole o ba paa, MOPO lo ma paa.

Ti e ti baje nibi to wa, laije pe mo ti e so.

1 Like

Re: Are Indian Bosses In Nigeria That Bad??? by dokunbam(m): 11:25pm On Nov 06, 2013
lol
Am the BOSS
Am their BOSS
Re: Are Indian Bosses In Nigeria That Bad??? by indianin9ja(m): 11:27pm On Nov 06, 2013
ckkris: When Indians throw food to Nigerians, the Indian will LEARN BY EXPERIENCE, not to try that again.

Food in Nigeria is so expensive compared to food in India. No rational person would waste food here.
Re: Are Indian Bosses In Nigeria That Bad??? by Nobody: 11:29pm On Nov 06, 2013
Smilenw:

You have been "quoted" undecided

Unquote me before i get pissed!!!! NOW!!!! grin
Re: Are Indian Bosses In Nigeria That Bad??? by Smilenw(f): 11:30pm On Nov 06, 2013
Italiano1:

There is no correlation between my response to Sagamite and what you have just said.

I hold you in high stead but I totally disagree with your generalisation that Nigerian workers are lazy- with all respect, that statement is ridiculous! You are Nigerian, are you a lazy worker?

Sorry, but I had to butt in and ask this...do you think this thread itself makes any sense if generalizing is not the right thing? OP heard (not experienced) about one or two of Indians and he was quick to ask "are ALL indian bosses in Nigeria are bad"?. I came across some of the most absurd comments here...they smell bad, they shake their head, their country is poor, they have class/caste or whatever system... have these people gone around smelling all the 1 or 2 billion Indians ? SMH
Re: Are Indian Bosses In Nigeria That Bad??? by Smilenw(f): 11:31pm On Nov 06, 2013
engineerd:

grin
engineerd:

Re: Are Indian Bosses In Nigeria That Bad??? by willibounce: 11:32pm On Nov 06, 2013
Sagamite:

You are a person!

Ori o pe.

Ti trailer ti o ni break o ba paa, ole a paa. Ti ole o ba paa, MOPO lo ma paa.

Ti e ti baje nibi to wa, laije pe mo ti e so.

Hahahaha! O jo weyrey. Smelling boy.
Re: Are Indian Bosses In Nigeria That Bad??? by Nobody: 11:40pm On Nov 06, 2013
Smilenw:
grin

You just earned yourself a groupie/stalker....I'm serious....i will follow you forever till i cease to have internet access!!!!
Re: Are Indian Bosses In Nigeria That Bad??? by Sagamite(m): 11:43pm On Nov 06, 2013
willibounce:

Hahahaha! O jo weyrey. Smelling boy.

O ti ya weyrey. Ode ti o'lopolo!

engineerd:

You just earned yourself a groupie/stalker....I'm serious....i will follow you forever till i cease to have internet access!!!!

person, I am quoting you too.
Re: Are Indian Bosses In Nigeria That Bad??? by mkoabiola: 11:56pm On Nov 06, 2013
Wen dey knw u will alwys beg for d peanut pay.
Soja go,soja,barrack remain.
Re: Are Indian Bosses In Nigeria That Bad??? by iyobs7(f): 11:59pm On Nov 06, 2013
Urine:

Ok, let me take you back to school on this one. If you read my initial post very well, I mentioned "all Nigerians" meaning I wasn't talking about myself alone, 80% of the Nigerians also attended Private Universities in Naija. Do you get my point now? English can be tough @ times. All things being equal I should be in Mumbai by January, we should hook up, so you can meet the 'old man'. I know you're finding it tough in that Indian town but trust me little bro, there are Nigerians that are better than Indians. You can do it too, work hard and pray. Hope your girlfriend now picks calls in your presence? Goodnight little bro.

Thank God you are still viewing the topic and will be proud of your achievements as per bein a Nigerian that is better than an Indian which I dont dispute. But my stress lies in the fact that Indian Educational system is WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY better than what we have in Nigeria.

I seriously hate hypocrite.

If you were so good and I bliv u are in the IT field, a graduate and has or still doing his masters and you cannot write a PROGRAM or use PYTHON and u come on nairaland for assistance, then I can imagine the kind of education you had.

Majority of the things u use in Nigeria are made in India.
You are in UK, please do and come and better Naija with ur Knowledge. Indian education is bad and OJB ran to India and loads of Nigerians are in India for medical cases.

India is not good and they boast of the Best Dr's and Scientist in the world and where is Nigeria.

Oh wait Dr Ben Carson is a Nigerian abi... grin grin grin

STOP BEIN A HYPOCRITE

1 Like

Re: Are Indian Bosses In Nigeria That Bad??? by fredabrown: 12:08am On Nov 07, 2013
Sagamite: Even barber lasan (ordinarily), Nigerians can't do well.

In your own words you avoid Nigerian barber because they are useless and go to Jamo barber. But what about other African barbers, Ghanians, Ivorian etc are they also useless?

You are a very funny African indeed.
Re: Are Indian Bosses In Nigeria That Bad??? by Italiano1: 12:17am On Nov 07, 2013
Smilenw:

Sorry, but I had to butt in and ask this...do you think this thread itself makes any sense if generalizing is not the right thing? OP heard (not experienced) about one or two of Indians and he was quick to ask "are ALL indian bosses in Nigeria are bad"?. I came across some of the most absurd comments here...they smell bad, they shake their head, their country is poor, they have class/caste or whatever system... have these people gone around smelling all the 1 or 2 billion Indians ? SMH

This was my response to his initial comment:

AjanleKoko: Indian bosses are not bad.
It's Nigerian employees who are lazy.

You respond to a conjecture with a sweeping generalisation.

The thread stinks of genrealisations!
Re: Are Indian Bosses In Nigeria That Bad??? by Sagamite(m): 12:21am On Nov 07, 2013
fredabrown:
In your own words you avoid Nigerian barber because they are useless and go to Jamo barber. But what about other African barbers, Ghanians, Ivorian etc are they also useless?

You are a very funny African indeed.

You are a person!

Are you actually telling Sagamite that he is obliged to patronise a business based on "our own"?

SAGAMITE?

You are a pure cretin!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Young Man Flies First Flight As Airline Pilot With His Parents On Board. Photos / Minimum Wage: Is The New Agreed Percentages For Basic PayOr Net Salary? / Who Earns More Between A Professor And A Medical Consultant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.