Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,429 members, 7,812,270 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:59 AM

Let's Draw! A Hand (Lessons on how to draw) - Art, Graphics & Video (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Let's Draw! A Hand (Lessons on how to draw) (225205 Views)

Oscar Ukonu: The Nigerian Who Can Draw Everything With Pen / How To Draw A Minion... / How To Draw A Detailed Smiley Face Using Adobe Illustrator (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Draw! A Hand (Lessons on how to draw) by Onegai(f): 3:22pm On Nov 08, 2013
femzi007: dis is my pencil drawing of burna boy.used 2B pencil without grid.he retweeted it on twitter cheesy

Great job! There may be a few tweaks needed here and there, but this is good. Welldone.
Re: Let's Draw! A Hand (Lessons on how to draw) by Onegai(f): 3:27pm On Nov 08, 2013
For everyone, saturday 16th November, at Muri Okunola park, from 12pm next week. There's also formal lessons at Cafe Maison, Lekki or you could contact me on nry258@hotmail.com.

Now, let's get back to the drawing! For the benefit of those learning, could we NOT post any images of drawings which are NOT part of the challenges posted here? If you wanna show off your drawings, please create a separate thread. Thanks, guys.
Re: Let's Draw! A Hand (Lessons on how to draw) by adexsimply(m): 3:39pm On Nov 08, 2013
*sighs* sad sad
Re: Let's Draw! A Hand (Lessons on how to draw) by jumzzy448: 3:57pm On Nov 08, 2013
I'm highly impressed that this is actually coming from a female. Op, keep up the good work.
Re: Let's Draw! A Hand (Lessons on how to draw) by femzi007(m): 4:11pm On Nov 08, 2013
didnt learn drawing in a day,nd am stl learnin sef sad ..and OP am sorry i deviated ppu's attention wit my pix.. Ure doing a gr8 job,nd i jx luv art..more grease 2 ur elbow..do continue cheesy smiley
Re: Let's Draw! A Hand (Lessons on how to draw) by Goldenheart(m): 4:43pm On Nov 08, 2013
One thing about drawing is, there will always be something to criticize on.... angry sad
Where in lagos is the art class taking place?! cheesy

Im right there

1 Like

Re: Let's Draw! A Hand (Lessons on how to draw) by Onegai(f): 4:48pm On Nov 08, 2013
For everyone, saturday 16th November, at Muri Okunola park, from 12pm next week. There's also formal lessons at Cafe Maison, Lekki or you could contact me on nry258@hotmail.com.

Can we all work on our control hands a bit? It's like driving a car. Get a sheet of paper and cover it with scribbles, vertical lines and horizontal lines, they way you probably used to draw as a child. All these exercises are meant to relax you so you don't start telling yourself "I can't draw, this is too hard". it's s not. You just need some practise.
Re: Let's Draw! A Hand (Lessons on how to draw) by prof800(m): 5:04pm On Nov 08, 2013
Goldenheart: One thing about drawing is, there will always be something to criticize on.... angry sad
EXACTLY!
I like this statement. wink wink wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Let's Draw! A Hand (Lessons on how to draw) by Feraz(m): 6:56pm On Nov 08, 2013
Davijunson: @poster, tnks for bringin this thread up....i love art a lot esp drawin...buh since i entered sch, i avnt had d tym to draw again n it had a negative effect on ma drawings....i really need someone to giv me some lessons on drawin as i av neva attended any art class before...(i'm a science student studyin elect engine)....pls inbox me on ma mail...i'd be happy to hear frm yu....
Edited - Likewise me...didn't draw throughout secondary school except biology drawings and all those ish...while in the University, during drawing class, I decided rather than allow the paper waste, why not I try drawing randomly...this is one of 'em...

Who knows how much a sketchbook goes for and where I can get it? Thanks...

Redmosquito, I see you...grin
Re: Let's Draw! A Hand (Lessons on how to draw) by Ardedaryor(m): 7:04pm On Nov 08, 2013
Intrestingly u'myoozing
Re: Let's Draw! A Hand (Lessons on how to draw) by prof800(m): 7:07pm On Nov 08, 2013
@feraz...
You this my naruto/anime guy...ehn ..?
why did you remove that sketch na..?
:-/
Re: Let's Draw! A Hand (Lessons on how to draw) by Feraz(m): 7:11pm On Nov 08, 2013
prof800: @feraz...
You this my naruto/anime guy...ehn ..?
why did you remove that sketch na..?
:-/
grin lol...you see am? Na mistake oh before I see say she sound warning...but I'm quite impressed with her....though one of it is my profile picture...

Pls, who knows how much a good sketchbook goes for and where it can be gotten?
Onegai: For everyone, saturday 16th November, at Muri Okunola park, from 12pm next week. There's also formal lessons at Cafe Maison, Lekki or you could contact me on nry258@hotmail.com.

Now, let's get back to the drawing! For the benefit of those learning, could we NOT post any images of drawings which are NOT part of the challenges posted here? If you wanna show off your drawings, please create a separate thread. Thanks, guys.
Re: Let's Draw! A Hand (Lessons on how to draw) by ugsams(m): 7:32pm On Nov 08, 2013
Thanks op this will add value to my knowledge
Re: Let's Draw! A Hand (Lessons on how to draw) by newacca: 7:43pm On Nov 08, 2013
I love the Art world.
Re: Let's Draw! A Hand (Lessons on how to draw) by sleekp1: 7:57pm On Nov 08, 2013
Great work, thanks @op.
Re: Let's Draw! A Hand (Lessons on how to draw) by Nobody: 8:23pm On Nov 08, 2013
I really need to hone my drawing skills.Nice thread op.Would try to draw along with u tomorrow.
Re: Let's Draw! A Hand (Lessons on how to draw) by Nobody: 8:26pm On Nov 08, 2013
femzi007: dis is my pencil drawing of burna boy.used 2B pencil without grid.he retweeted it on twitter cheesy
u be badoo o!nice work!
Re: Let's Draw! A Hand (Lessons on how to draw) by lirusehn(m): 9:05pm On Nov 08, 2013
NICE FOLKZ b like *i must commend her* knwin fully it calls for no commendation and here is mine grin grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Let's Draw! A Hand (Lessons on how to draw) by Onegai(f): 9:29pm On Nov 08, 2013
Feraz: Edited - Likewise me...didn't draw throughout secondary school except biology drawings and all those ish...while in the University, during drawing class, I decided rather than allow the paper waste, why not I try drawing randomly...this is one of 'em...

Who knows how much a sketchbook goes for and where I can get it? Thanks...

Redmosquito, I see you...grin

Hey, you could go to Artworld and buy a sketchpad for like N1,000. Or some shops in VI sell for N500. But you get limited sheets in that sketchpad (like 30). What I can do, is for those coming for the Drawing class, is buy you sheets of paper, A1 size, at N7/sheet. Most art students divide those sheets into half or more sizes and make their own sketchpads with hardbacks or a plywood or masonite board backing, for support. Not only can you add more sheets to that sketchpad, it's reusable and will cost you much less than a pre-made one and can take over 200 sheets. So it lasts longer.
Re: Let's Draw! A Hand (Lessons on how to draw) by Nobody: 9:30pm On Nov 08, 2013
am not too late wink onegai, you doing a great job...following cool
wish I was in lag embarassed

1 Like

Re: Let's Draw! A Hand (Lessons on how to draw) by tolam4skywd(m): 9:38pm On Nov 08, 2013
Great job @ op... Also wish I stay in lag but all d same I can still learn smtn 4rm diz thread...
Re: Let's Draw! A Hand (Lessons on how to draw) by tolam4skywd(m): 10:00pm On Nov 08, 2013
Oga boss @ op.. Shey month try??
Re: Let's Draw! A Hand (Lessons on how to draw) by Onegai(f): 10:12pm On Nov 08, 2013
tolam4skywd: Oga boss @ op.. Shey month try??

there's no image attached, dear.
Re: Let's Draw! A Hand (Lessons on how to draw) by Onegai(f): 10:29pm On Nov 08, 2013
How's it going so far? Do you believe that the world is full of shapes? Not yet? Okay.

Scientists (people who have more time and better facilities on their hands than the average Naija person, sadly) have discovered that every child has a good sense of Drawing and Perspective, but around the primary school learning age, over half of them begin to lose their ability to draw well. They realised that loss in Drawing ability coincided (big word for jammed) with when children began to learn the words of things around them. They theorised that as children grew up and used the more analytical part of their brain, the visioning part of the brain slowed down.

In plain english, the more you think, the less you see. Simple. Look at driving a car and talking on the phone, your brain CAN'T do two simultaneous, opposite things at the same time. Most drivers react well to sudden difference on the road: their foot hits the brakepad without them looking. Because driving is mostly instinct. Same with drawing, same with playing musical instruments. Those are movements based on instinct. You've done it so much, your brain can do it without you looking. Shey una remember that trick we all play on NL, "if you this read correctly, you read it wrong". That's instinct, your mind has filled in the gap for you, so you don't have to read the sentence.

That's why you cannot draw a hand properly unless you've been drawing for a while or I tell you to draw shapes. Because the minute you look at your hand to draw, your brain fills your mind with an image of what it THINKS the hand looks like, you draw that, and then go "ah ah, but this is not how my hand was, I can't draw".

I'm going to prove this to you, with our next drawing challenge.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let's Draw! A Hand (Lessons on how to draw) by Onegai(f): 10:36pm On Nov 08, 2013
CHALLENGE 2: Ladies and gentlemen, please draw the following image the way it is posted, upside down. DO NOT ROTATE IT TO THE RIGHT ORIENTATION, just use your eye, measure a rectangle box and use that as the borders of your drawing, look at the picture, notice the chair is touching a particular point at the border of the picture, on your paper, locate that point, draw the chair. Continue to do so for all parts of the image.

If the scientists are right, (and they are), you will draw that picture I posted better than if it was upright in the nomal position. I presented this challenge to my mum, who has never drawn in her life, and she did well. You should have seen her laugh. So please, no erasings (I left my own mistakes for you all to see), take your time, take 30 minutes and carefully do it the way I described, and for your own sakes, don't rotate the picture to what you expect a picture to be, draw it upside down.

Re: Let's Draw! A Hand (Lessons on how to draw) by tolam4skywd(m): 10:38pm On Nov 08, 2013
Onegai:

there's no image attached, dear.
it says d file z larger dan 200kb, so it didnt upload
Re: Let's Draw! A Hand (Lessons on how to draw) by yorex2011: 10:44pm On Nov 08, 2013
wow...nice thread...

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Let's Draw! A Hand (Lessons on how to draw) by Onegai(f): 10:47pm On Nov 08, 2013
You will draw any picture upside well, because your analytical part of your brain DOES NOT understand what it seeing, and therefore cannot tell you "that is a woman in buba sitting down". Because it isn't telling you what to see, the visional or sensory side of your brain takes over and you see shapes and you draw shapes. Shapes are not scary to draw, everybody drew shapes as a child and your brain remembers how easy and relaxed that time was, sees clearly and you draw. Now, if I had said "let's draw a woman", a lot of us would have sweated in fear.

If you don't do the drawing upside down, that's your own method. However, this upside-down method has far repercussions. You wanna learn how to paint well (and not what I see here, that people call paintings), do it upside-down and eventually, you'll understand the concept behind the exercises that seemingly don't make sense.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let's Draw! A Hand (Lessons on how to draw) by Onegai(f): 10:48pm On Nov 08, 2013
yorex2011: wow...nice thread....havent drawn anything in a long while.....anyways i no pencil around..lemme draw myself when i was younger..grin

PLEASE DON'T POST PICTURES OF IMAGES NOT RELATED TO WHAT WE ARE DRAWING, SO AS NOT TO DERAIL THE THREAD. The last poster, please edit your post accordingly.

1 Like

Re: Let's Draw! A Hand (Lessons on how to draw) by yame014: 11:02pm On Nov 08, 2013
Re: Let's Draw! A Hand (Lessons on how to draw) by tolam4skywd(m): 11:13pm On Nov 08, 2013
Dnt knw y my pics z nt uploadin... Aaarrrggghhh!!!
Re: Let's Draw! A Hand (Lessons on how to draw) by yorex2011: 11:15pm On Nov 08, 2013
drawing upside down i havent tried before
head too small...grin

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.