Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,889 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:13 AM

Let's Draw! A Hand (Lessons on how to draw) - Art, Graphics & Video (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Let's Draw! A Hand (Lessons on how to draw) (225386 Views)

Oscar Ukonu: The Nigerian Who Can Draw Everything With Pen / How To Draw A Minion... / How To Draw A Detailed Smiley Face Using Adobe Illustrator (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Draw! A Hand (Lessons on how to draw) by kannymoore(m): 10:38am On Jul 30, 2014
...Sips water...
Re: Let's Draw! A Hand (Lessons on how to draw) by kannymoore(m): 10:41am On Jul 30, 2014
gladpresh: amateur wrk

Your drawing is the bomb!.. that foreshortening is extremely hard to tackle and I'm quite pleased @ the way you achieved the proportions with minimum fuss!

Clap hand for yourself!... grin !
OKX: @ken
ur opinions r urs n urs alone, don't presume to speak for others.
i passively follow the thread and i would like u to point out d insults u refer to, if u will.
last i knew, constructive criticism differs from hate.
u too possess some rudimentary talent, n i guess that's ur license to post wot u did, but in my opinion its a gross misrepresentation of the character of the OP.
lol, u were actually d 'gangstar' flooding several threads with d same posts of ur work sometime back. wink
lets read thread topics before we choose to click on them, reading and/or posting isn't compulsory.
besides, i don't have to 'like' my lecturer if inspite of my feelings, he is educating me.

I agree with your points to the "T".
Re: Let's Draw! A Hand (Lessons on how to draw) by Onegai(f): 12:41pm On Jul 30, 2014
KenNwadiogbu:

You are indeed a talented artist, but your attitude will get you no where... Admire the upcomings and don't insult their burn to be better or to "want to be heard". You were once like them, stop acting all gangstar in art. I'm not trying to cause a scandal, but trust me, those that like you only do so to get what they want, and the bottom line is, you need people by your side. Lovely work tho, Keep it up.
FYI, their works are good too, so stop hating and admire... Lol! Tell them what they didn't do right. I know no one is paying you, but have WHAT IS WORTH DOING IS WORTH DOING RIGHT.

Just thought I should let you know

Ken Nwadiogbu is 19, I am in my 30s and he speaks to me with such...arrogance. Particularly when he was in Artworld and I pointed him out to the SNA chairman beside me (you were at 61 Ojuelegba) and he assured me he would take it up with Dr. Peju (I assume you're not in Visual Arts dept) and other artists. Then other pencil artists contacted me and told me about how they stopped working with Ken Nwadiogbu, who, amongst other thing, does NOT do all the work himself, but farms it out and takes all the glory for their work (they even left me their contacts and names, should anyone be willing to contact them). Seriously, at this point, he's making quite a name for himself as even a very popular art gallery owner was there and she saw this thread and was furious that "some small boy is insulting you" (her words not mine) and has informed her staff not to accept any work from Ken Nwadiogbu. And yeah, a few other artists (one is extremely popular, all of you adore him) have assured me that should you come up to them at any exhibition, they would not hesitate to "teach you manners" (their words again, not mine).

So, goodluck to you, Ken Nwadiogbu.

1 Like

Re: Let's Draw! A Hand (Lessons on how to draw) by Onegai(f): 12:47pm On Jul 30, 2014

i passively follow the thread and i would like u to point out d insults u refer to, if u will.

u too possess some rudimentary talent, n i guess that's ur license to post wot u did, but in my opinion its a gross misrepresentation of the character of the OP.

lol, u were actually d 'gangstar' flooding several threads with d same posts of ur work sometime back. wink

lets read thread topics before we choose to click on them, reading and/or posting isn't compulsory.

besides, i don't have to 'like' my lecturer if inspite of my feelings, he is educating me.

thanks for this.

So I just spoke to the owner of Artworld and he in my presence asked his staff that should Ken Nwadiogbu come in again (they call him Kenart there), the staff should ask him to wait around. He would like a word with this rather rude young man.

Be careful that you make no unnecessary enemies in this life. Seriously, just stay far away from trouble.

1 Like

Re: Let's Draw! A Hand (Lessons on how to draw) by Onegai(f): 1:08pm On Jul 30, 2014
For everyone else on this thread, I haven't been able to post because I am prepping for 2 exhibitions (thanksful). However, I think I will bow out of this thread. I wish you all the best, for those who collected the pdf artbook, please use it, it wasn't written by me, it was free and freely available. Anyone who felt that they would benefit by "sucking up or liking me to get what they want" to me (lol), of what benefit was it to me? They added nothing to my portfolio personally, financially or spiritually.

In the art industry, a lot of Nigerians are rushing into it for money and sadly they are killing the industry. At the same time, newcomers are coming in daily, doing wonderful stuff. So things are going to get tough. I started this thread to make us all sit up and work really hard. Not for my benefit, and I certainly didn't charge anyone. But I realised that to be kind to Nigerians is an exercise in futility, as they will drag and tire you down, you will be met with sycophancy, false smiles, insults and more. Not once did Ken Nwadiogbu post even the type of materials he used or a single technique to help others, he spammed the Art section of NL with his drawings and tried to drown out everyone. And the mods didn't stop him. And I refuse to keep it up, there are professional artists on this thread who are concealing their identities (in order to encourage the other artists) and posting, and they have been shocked, annoyed and irritated by his behaviour. And most of them left rather than post, and they cancelled the free Drawing workshop they organized (I had begged them to do one, for NL). They are busy and they feel they would rather not be insulted by anyone on a faceless forum, when they are successfully being listed internationally as well-known artists.

Thank you everyone for your time and I wish you all happy drawing.

5 Likes

Re: Let's Draw! A Hand (Lessons on how to draw) by kannymoore(m): 1:15pm On Jul 30, 2014
^^...hello Onegai..

Pls do not be too hasty with your decision and have a rethink. Too many of us are looking up to you for help with our drawings...abeg..ehn?!

Please.

1 Like

Re: Let's Draw! A Hand (Lessons on how to draw) by benjibabs(m): 2:31pm On Jul 30, 2014
@onegai

For the sake if those of us who are here to learn and have been learning, i would join Kmoore to ask that you re-consider your decision. I believe the other serious students will join in a moment and put in their 2 kobo.

As per Ken, the bold portion below explains it all.

"Ken Nwadiogbu is 19, I am in my 30s and he speaks to me with such..."
He is young, raw, green and uncooked! Pay him no attention, biko.

As you know, this is a faceless forum and you will come across the good, the bad and the ugly. I would think the moderators will "moderate" but from what I have seen so far unruly behavior goes without being checked. However, despite all the distractions lots of us are still learning.

I understand how frustrating it could be when you are giving your precious time to help folks and some are just bent on causing "katakata." Please don't throw out the good apples with the rotten one. cheesy
Re: Let's Draw! A Hand (Lessons on how to draw) by KenNwadiogbu(m): 3:23am On Aug 01, 2014
kannymoore:

Sigh!

Ken.

I highlighted your comments in the light of this thread and I'd love you to accept a piece of my own mind.

Onegai has been very gracious with the opening and her contributions to this thread. She's never claimed to be a "sabinus" ..instead, she's willing to share the little knowledge she has with everyone who has in interest in drawing. Something not many artists would ever do if they were in her shoes.
It is in this light to note that this thread of hers is an ongoing session, divided into subtopics and interactive exercises. When one topic is done with, she moves onto another topic and so on and so forth. That has been the main idea, as far as I've noticed, and everything's all well and dandy.

However, there are some peeps who keep bringing up pix of their work that has nothing to do with the exercise @ hand. At times, I think these peeps have no intention of learning from the thread but instead use this as an opportunity to "SHOW OFF" their drawing prowess against the up-comers and learners. Its not cool. To be frank, its pretty distracting.
Even when Onegai, time after time, keeps telling some of these peeps to follow the topic and post works that have something to do with the theme @ hand, they stubbornly keep posting their drawings and artworks.

Sigh. Some peeps actually have patience wahllai!

Now with regards Onegai's critique of artworks.. I believe she's doing the right thing. If your drawing aint good enough, IT AINT GOOD ENOUGH! She hasn't really Damned anybody's work and if she has, well, accept am and try to be better. Simple. Personally,I believe that its with subsequent exercises that one can start judging you based on YOUR EFFORTS at learning how to draw.

If she's ignored anyone's drawings, its mostly those peeps who always fail to follow the thread from the beginning and jump into the fray with works that have no relevance to the theme @ hand.

Sorry for my somewhat long post. I just had to stuff off my chest.

Cheers bro!
I get much... Just had to clear mine off my chest too.

Thanks
Re: Let's Draw! A Hand (Lessons on how to draw) by KenNwadiogbu(m): 3:40am On Aug 01, 2014

Well, I know u learn a lot, and I did commend her works and her voluntrary lectures; fantastic. I probably even learn from her.

Well, regardless, just thought I should let it out. For those that accept, cool, for those that don't, cool.

Thanks a lot
Bless
Re: Let's Draw! A Hand (Lessons on how to draw) by KenNwadiogbu(m): 3:44am On Aug 01, 2014
Onegai:

Ken Nwadiogbu is 19, I am in my 30s and he speaks to me with such...arrogance. Particularly when he was in Artworld and I pointed him out to the SNA chairman beside me (you were at 61 Ojuelegba) and he assured me he would take it up with Dr. Peju (I assume you're not in Visual Arts dept) and other artists. Then other pencil artists contacted me and told me about how they stopped working with Ken Nwadiogbu, who, amongst other thing, does NOT do all the work himself, but farms it out and takes all the glory for their work (they even left me their contacts and names, should anyone be willing to contact them). Seriously, at this point, he's making quite a name for himself as even a very popular art gallery owner was there and she saw this thread and was furious that "some small boy is insulting you" (her words not mine) and has informed her staff not to accept any work from Ken Nwadiogbu. And yeah, a few other artists (one is extremely popular, all of you adore him) have assured me that should you come up to them at any exhibition, they would not hesitate to "teach you manners" (their words again, not mine).

So, goodluck to you, Ken Nwadiogbu.

Thanks a lot Onegal...
Appreciate
Re: Let's Draw! A Hand (Lessons on how to draw) by KenNwadiogbu(m): 3:54am On Aug 01, 2014
Onegai: For everyone else on this thread, I haven't been able to post because I am prepping for 2 exhibitions (thanksful). However, I think I will bow out of this thread. I wish you all the best, for those who collected the pdf artbook, please use it, it wasn't written by me, it was free and freely available. Anyone who felt that they would benefit by "sucking up or liking me to get what they want" to me (lol), of what benefit was it to me? They added nothing to my portfolio personally, financially or spiritually.

In the art industry, a lot of Nigerians are rushing into it for money and sadly they are killing the industry. At the same time, newcomers are coming in daily, doing wonderful stuff. So things are going to get tough. I started this thread to make us all sit up and work really hard. Not for my benefit, and I certainly didn't charge anyone. But I realised that to be kind to Nigerians is an exercise in futility, as they will drag and tire you down, you will be met with sycophancy, false smiles, insults and more. Not once did Ken Nwadiogbu post even the type of materials he used or a single technique to help others, he spammed the Art section of NL with his drawings and tried to drown out everyone. And the mods didn't stop him. And I refuse to keep it up, there are professional artists on this thread who are concealing their identities (in order to encourage the other artists) and posting, and they have been shocked, annoyed and irritated by his behaviour. And most of them left rather than post, and they cancelled the free Drawing workshop they organized (I had begged them to do one, for NL). They are busy and they feel they would rather not be insulted by anyone on a faceless forum, when they are successfully being listed internationally as well-known artists.

Thank you everyone for your time and I wish you all happy drawing.

Pls don't leave...
There are a million and one artist that need your support

I believe in my write up, I stated "Not trying to cause a scandal" and "I'm just saying" and made sure I deleted any effect my words will have on this thread.

If you didn't accept my criticism, you just needed to skip... Like you do to everyother's.

I spoke as a fellow artist, not as a teacher. Don't leave, a lot of ppl need your assistance.

Thanks a lot
Bless
Re: Let's Draw! A Hand (Lessons on how to draw) by KenNwadiogbu(m): 3:55am On Aug 01, 2014
Onegai:

thanks for this.

So I just spoke to the owner of Artworld and he in my presence asked his staff that should Ken Nwadiogbu come in again (they call him Kenart there), the staff should ask him to wait around. He would like a word with this rather rude young man.

Be careful that you make no unnecessary enemies in this life. Seriously, just stay far away from trouble.

Thanks a lot....
Bless
Re: Let's Draw! A Hand (Lessons on how to draw) by mstik(f): 3:56am On Aug 01, 2014
I can never learn how to draw sad It's not just my talent cry
Re: Let's Draw! A Hand (Lessons on how to draw) by KenNwadiogbu(m): 3:59am On Aug 01, 2014
benjibabs: @onegai

For the sake if those of us who are here to learn and have been learning, i would join Kmoore to ask that you re-consider your decision. I believe the other serious students will join in a moment and put in their 2 kobo.

As per Ken, the bold portion below explains it all.

"Ken Nwadiogbu is 19, I am in my 30s and he speaks to me with such..."
He is young, raw, green and uncooked! Pay him no attention, biko.

As you know, this is a faceless forum and you will come across the good, the bad and the ugly. I would think the moderators will "moderate" but from what I have seen so far unruly behavior goes without being checked. However, despite all the distractions lots of us are still learning.

I understand how frustrating it could be when you are giving your precious time to help folks and some are just bent on causing "katakata." Please don't throw out the good apples with the rotten one. cheesy

Lol... Thanks
Bless
Re: Let's Draw! A Hand (Lessons on how to draw) by KenNwadiogbu(m): 4:11am On Aug 01, 2014
To all the artists here and especially Onegal, I AM SORRY

1 Like

Re: Let's Draw! A Hand (Lessons on how to draw) by OKX(m): 1:01pm On Aug 01, 2014
@ken
u made untrue statements about someone, honour demands u publicly retract them THEN u can apologize.

I am done on this matter, u don't deserve more of my attention.

By the way, on who's behalf r u apologising?
U made d goof all by yourself.
Re: Let's Draw! A Hand (Lessons on how to draw) by KenNwadiogbu(m): 1:56pm On Aug 01, 2014
u made untrue statements about someone, honour demands u publicly retract them THEN u can apologize.

I am done on this matter, u don't deserve more of my attention.

By the way, on who's behalf r u apologising?
U made d goof all by yourself.

Not "on behalf" but "for"... Was a mistake.

I actually have retracted them.
Thanks
Re: Let's Draw! A Hand (Lessons on how to draw) by KenNwadiogbu(m): 2:08pm On Aug 01, 2014
@Onegal, I'll keep saying " I'M SORRY till you answer me. I really spoke irrationally and I'll need y'all to forgive me on that.

I'm not like this, probably was in a bad mood at that time.

Onegal, you're an amazing artist and you're a blessing to NL artists.

Do me this huge favour and forgive me. I'll be very grateful and will extinct myself from this thread (if it pleases you).

Thanks a lot
Appreciate
Re: Let's Draw! A Hand (Lessons on how to draw) by KenNwadiogbu(m): 9:58am On Aug 02, 2014
Please Onegal, a lot of people are really counting on you to overlook my stupidity and come back online. Don't deny them of it.

Btw, I'll be leaving nairaland, looks like I'm not wanted here (lol). Please do come back, I'm sorry.

Thanks...
From Ken
Re: Let's Draw! A Hand (Lessons on how to draw) by benjibabs(m): 1:11pm On Aug 02, 2014
@Ken

It is a good thing to see that you are learning humility fast; however, there are a few things I'd say here to help you along your way as you transition from a teenager to a young adult. cheesy

I believe you have genuinely realized you mistakes and wanted to sincerely apologize, but the way you are going about it clearly shows your naivety.

A few points from your last two posts:

1. you cannot force people to accept your apologies. Agreed, that was not your intention but that was the way it came out.
2. giving excuse for your action nullifies your apologies
3. you cannot request for acceptance of apologies as a favor

See comments inserted in your post below for clarity:
===

@Onegal, I'll keep saying " I'M SORRY till you answer me. {it is a tad forceful} I really spoke irrationally and I'll need y'all to forgive me on that. {I've forgiven you wink }

I'm not like this, probably was in a bad mood at that time. {Excuse after apologies - never a good thing!}

Onegal, you're an amazing artist and you're a blessing to NL artists. grin {Patronizing is not good either }

Do me this huge favour and forgive me. {Never ask for forgiveness as a favor - does not make sense} I'll be very grateful and will extinct myself from this thread (if it pleases you).
==

I do understand you really wanted to right your wrongs, but unfortunately it is not as easy as erasing a wrong drawing. You have to realize other people are involved and you cannot control how they feel or respond. Hurt takes time to heal. So, just apologize without any excuse and leave it, and more importantly change your ways for good.

Finally, I still have this feeling that your repentance is not complete and you have not seen the big picture. Why?

Here -

" I'll be very grateful and will extinct myself from this thread (if it pleases you)."
and
"Btw, I'll be leaving nairaland, looks like I'm not wanted here (lol)"

Extincting yourself or leaving nairaland is not the solution your issue, your attitude is what you need to work on. If you leave nairaland without learning that lesson, you will end up with this statement of yours --looks like I'm not wanted here-- wherever you go. If someone creates a thread for a purpose and you jump in to post "unrelated" material/info, the reaction you'd get will definitely make you feel unwanted.
But just try and post related, helpful info on any thread and watch how your likes will skyrocket and the number of your followers will explode.

Up to today, the Ken that I know is the one that has been upsetting our class; however, how surprised I was to check your profile and found out that you actually created a thread where you showcased your beautiful art works. Now, be honest with yourself, did you ever feel unwanted on that thread?

That is my 2kobo. You can thank me later cool

4 Likes

Re: Let's Draw! A Hand (Lessons on how to draw) by gboss0(m): 4:29pm On Aug 13, 2014
check awt myn

Re: Let's Draw! A Hand (Lessons on how to draw) by Nobody: 5:32pm On Aug 13, 2014
I'm just speechless...been viewing the whole thread over and over again everyday for months now.....was inspired to try drawing and.............feels so good,like pouring my heart out on paper
Re: Let's Draw! A Hand (Lessons on how to draw) by abartworld: 4:35pm On Aug 15, 2014
Hello, I would to encourage you guys to keep it up! We are Nigeri'a no.1 Art supply store
Re: Let's Draw! A Hand (Lessons on how to draw) by smithbriggs(m): 8:52pm On Sep 02, 2014
Check my drawing

Re: Let's Draw! A Hand (Lessons on how to draw) by Nobody: 11:05pm On Sep 02, 2014
Title: Star Woman...I usually draw wif pen. I do more of design.
Re: Let's Draw! A Hand (Lessons on how to draw) by Nobody: 11:22pm On Sep 02, 2014
My design..Title: Star Woman.
Re: Let's Draw! A Hand (Lessons on how to draw) by Nobody: 11:34pm On Sep 02, 2014
My design

6 Likes

Re: Let's Draw! A Hand (Lessons on how to draw) by corlin2(m): 12:05am On Sep 03, 2014
akitijackson: My design
Beautiful abstract
Re: Let's Draw! A Hand (Lessons on how to draw) by kechywillz(m): 7:20am On Sep 03, 2014
akitijackson: My design
You did dis!! its beautiful.
Re: Let's Draw! A Hand (Lessons on how to draw) by Nobody: 7:28am On Sep 03, 2014
kechywillz:
You did dis!! its beautiful.
yess I did it. Tnks

1 Like

Re: Let's Draw! A Hand (Lessons on how to draw) by kechywillz(m): 7:49am On Sep 04, 2014
akitijackson: yess I did it. Tnks
And ur beautiful too
Re: Let's Draw! A Hand (Lessons on how to draw) by Nobody: 7:21am On Sep 05, 2014
kechywillz:
And ur beautiful too
tnks for the compliment.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (29) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.