Stats: 3,152,733 members, 7,817,017 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:07 PM

Banker Stole N24m From Customers' Accounts (Ondo) - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Banker Stole N24m From Customers' Accounts (Ondo) (23624 Views)

How A Lady Stole 55,000 Naira Inside First Bank At Lekki / 26-y/o Female Bank Employee Arrested For Stealing N24m Fromcustomers / Access Bank Stealing Money From Customers' Accounts (2) (3) (4)

Re: Banker Stole N24m From Customers' Accounts (Ondo) by naijacutee(f): 11:34pm On Nov 06, 2013
So her being female makes the crime deserving of special treatment?
Re: Banker Stole N24m From Customers' Accounts (Ondo) by seedord247(m): 4:09am On Nov 07, 2013
nuelski10: ..so true..the judge is very daft..if this kinda thing was done in the US she would be looking at 25yrs in jail.

Fooool shuttp. She's still a suspect and yet to be pronounced guilty.
Re: Banker Stole N24m From Customers' Accounts (Ondo) by UKBobo(m): 4:17am On Nov 07, 2013
N24 - unemployed man - jail for 10 years
N24 million - banker - jail for 1 year plus N3,000 fine
N240 million - 150 years in jail on 'suspended sentence' which is waived on paying N1,500 fine.

Naija - where big thief get big house.
Re: Banker Stole N24m From Customers' Accounts (Ondo) by 234GT(m): 5:03am On Nov 07, 2013
Rawdeal: [size=16pt]UNION BANK[/size]

You are wrong miss! From the NUBAN account numbers quoted, it is definitely NOT Union Bank.

Re: Banker Stole N24m From Customers' Accounts (Ondo) by dheaven: 5:06am On Nov 07, 2013
I always tell people that bank is not a safe place to leave huge sum of money. Its only good for receiving while you invest the money immediately. Bankers always steal from people that keep depositing without withdrawer especially if they check your profile and find out that you are not too educated and have huge sum in your account.
Re: Banker Stole N24m From Customers' Accounts (Ondo) by Uwakuwak(f): 5:51am On Nov 07, 2013
What men do to ladies, the man who is enjoying thist money might not even value her, i knw no parents wil accept such money from her daughter, my conclusion a man pushed her
Re: Banker Stole N24m From Customers' Accounts (Ondo) by nerodenero: 5:52am On Nov 07, 2013
Women are really making a huge statement when it comes to stealing.Anyway,they say what a man can do,a woman can do better.They are really making the above statement a fact.
Re: Banker Stole N24m From Customers' Accounts (Ondo) by Gboliwe: 6:03am On Nov 07, 2013
Agbgift: And yet she claimed not guilty. She get mind o. She should face the consequences of her actions.
There are two sides to every story.
I am afraid of believing that a 26yr old woman will steal such amount from her employers. My mind has refused to take it in

Re: Banker Stole N24m From Customers' Accounts (Ondo) by Caseless: 6:09am On Nov 07, 2013
What 'men' can do , a woman can do it even better.
Re: Banker Stole N24m From Customers' Accounts (Ondo) by mitchyy(f): 6:10am On Nov 07, 2013
Gboliwe:
I am afraid of believing that a 26yr old woman will steal such amount from her employers. My mind has refused to take it in

Exactly my thought. Its possible she did it. Its also possible the manager has been making advances, she refused, then she was being framed up for this. How come she still hasn't met the bail conditions if she had that kind of money somewhere?

Something tells me there's more to it. I might be wrong though
Re: Banker Stole N24m From Customers' Accounts (Ondo) by Nobody: 6:13am On Nov 07, 2013
ifyalways:
The judge sef. Pesin thief 10M you put her bail @ 500K ?

That's to tell you that there's more to the facts of this matter than meets the eye.

How can a customer care officer have posting rights?
How can an account be debited without source document?
How can the normal business day pass on without call over?
How can the branch general ledger (GL) balance balance for end of month audit?
She may well just be a pawn in the whole scam
I suspect conivance. And I expect to see more arrests if justice to to prevail.

Re: Banker Stole N24m From Customers' Accounts (Ondo) by asanchez(m): 6:18am On Nov 07, 2013
Re: Banker Stole N24m From Customers' Accounts (Ondo) by kunki90(m): 6:24am On Nov 07, 2013
na me post this news first .why my own no make first page
Re: Banker Stole N24m From Customers' Accounts (Ondo) by 3ace(m): 6:30am On Nov 07, 2013
ibsmooth: So its not only EFCC,ICPC,Police and Nepa(based on 2013 most corrupt organisation index)that are corrupt.Infact this one is fraud+stealing.Kai nah wah o.
My brother, don't near those rogues o; forget their stunning looks in suits. Banks should be amongst the top most corrupt organizations in the world. Do you know that most corruption perpetrated by companies are done through banks? It's just unfortunate that to carry out huge transactions, they are needed. In those days when money laundering was done with impunity, bankers play a major role. The drive to increase deposits will make them encourage and connive with thieves always.
Re: Banker Stole N24m From Customers' Accounts (Ondo) by Localamos(m): 6:35am On Nov 07, 2013
dheaven: I always tell people that bank is not a safe place to leave huge sum of money. Its only good for receiving while you invest the money immediately. Bankers always steal from people that keep depositing without withdrawer especially if they check your profile and find out that you are not too educated and have huge sum in your account.

#illiterate alert#

fyi: nothing concerns the customer. The is obliged to pay him upon presentation of a valid withdrawal instrument, failing Which the customer can Sue the bank's assss (pardon my French)
Re: Banker Stole N24m From Customers' Accounts (Ondo) by Nobody: 6:42am On Nov 07, 2013
ASUU biko
Re: Banker Stole N24m From Customers' Accounts (Ondo) by obstead200(m): 6:47am On Nov 07, 2013
. You are wrong miss! From the NUBAN account numbers quoted, it is definitely NOT Union Bank.
It is definitely not union bank. From d Nubian number, it is obviously first bank

Re: Banker Stole N24m From Customers' Accounts (Ondo) by sampitts(m): 6:48am On Nov 07, 2013
Stop castigating her, she's not guilty yet, atleast nott until the court's ruling.. Haba, she's just a suspect for crying out laud...
Re: Banker Stole N24m From Customers' Accounts (Ondo) by kelEmi(m): 6:49am On Nov 07, 2013
Well I can't just believe this story and I don't know why, maybe it's because of the fact that she pleaded not guilty.. Doesn't it sound odd that she pleaded not guilty?? If she's really guilty then she should be smart enough to know nemesis has caught up with her and accept her faith.. More so , don't you find it disturbing that an ordinary customer care agent steals such amount when it's usually the boss and senior staffs doing such.. As for me I think she's just being framed for this... If she's really gat #24 million, then I don't think she will be willing to spend a day in Kirikiri.... I'm just saying sha, she might be guilty for all we know, but until thoroughly proven, let's not condemn her, please, she might just be a victim of circumstances...
Re: Banker Stole N24m From Customers' Accounts (Ondo) by Kx: 6:51am On Nov 07, 2013
Gboliwe:
You can only speak for youself.
What has 26 years of age got to do with 24million stolen from d employer?
Are u implying dat d accused is too young to steal or dat the amount is too small for d lady to steal at her age?
I have seen a 42 years old man stole over 15million frm his employer.
Re: Banker Stole N24m From Customers' Accounts (Ondo) by Nobody: 6:53am On Nov 07, 2013
Arysexy:

when it involves d sacred cows frm d other side of d niger? NEVER!
Is just like this one below. Seriously Seun should stop the act of covering evils perpetrated by yorubas,it doesn't tell good about him as the peoples servant. Seun should cultivate high moral standard and be fair to every race,religion,clan and tribe. https://www.nairaland.com/1505077/pregnant-mother-two-7-others

Re: Banker Stole N24m From Customers' Accounts (Ondo) by Decryptor(m): 7:01am On Nov 07, 2013
Uwakuwak: What men do to ladies, the man who is enjoying thist money might not even value her, i knw no parents wil accept such money from her daughter, my conclusion a man pushed her

Was it your brother that was dating her? please answer

@topic...i thought these people were holier than the igbos they love to hate

Re: Banker Stole N24m From Customers' Accounts (Ondo) by lymelyte(m): 7:10am On Nov 07, 2013
It is neither union nor first bank.I just checked her facebook profile.Very ugly bit*ch..she works with skye bank and she is in a relationship.
Re: Banker Stole N24m From Customers' Accounts (Ondo) by Ask4bigneyo(m): 7:16am On Nov 07, 2013
Who ask u..? Must you spoil anoda person's business...?

Re: Banker Stole N24m From Customers' Accounts (Ondo) by Ask4bigneyo(m): 7:16am On Nov 07, 2013
Re: Banker Stole N24m From Customers' Accounts (Ondo) by fasho01(m): 7:20am On Nov 07, 2013
Bankers are the worst set of thieves in the world. They amass hundreds of millions daily from unsuspecting customres' account. Guess this one turned out this way because of the huge sums withdrawn from each account. They usually withdraw few hundreds from several accounts.

@ the topic.. I smell foul play. The facts don't add up. The poor girl has obviously been framed. Hope the true story behind this will be revealed with time
Re: Banker Stole N24m From Customers' Accounts (Ondo) by fasho01(m): 7:22am On Nov 07, 2013
lymelyte: It is neither union or first bank.I just check her facebook profile.Very ugly bit*ch..she works with skye bank and she is in a relationshi.

OMG shocked

You cracked my ribs this morning grin grin
Re: Banker Stole N24m From Customers' Accounts (Ondo) by Fadelex(m): 7:26am On Nov 07, 2013
chidindufrank: Is just like this one below. Seriously Seun should stop the act of covering evils perpetrated by yorubas,it doesn't tell good about him as the peoples servant. Seun should cultivate high moral standard and be fair to every race,religion,clan and tribe. https://www.nairaland.com/1505077/pregnant-mother-two-7-others
now that it's in front page... plz do d right thing... be brave enough to jump into ezu river.

Re: Banker Stole N24m From Customers' Accounts (Ondo) by gratiaeo(m): 7:30am On Nov 07, 2013
Yoruba and thieving

Re: Banker Stole N24m From Customers' Accounts (Ondo) by mcdokwe(m): 7:33am On Nov 07, 2013
emmy-richie:
Only a matter of time before daft people bring in tribal sentiment on here.

But this karma was so fast... tongue
u did it first by mentioning it
Re: Banker Stole N24m From Customers' Accounts (Ondo) by kay4all(m): 7:34am On Nov 07, 2013
The way cases are being dealth with in this country will never provide any reasonable solution to corrupt practice. Imagine! Someone stole 24m and she's being placed on a bail of 500k. Is this not even an encouragement to stealing and looothing? I tire for niaja.........
Re: Banker Stole N24m From Customers' Accounts (Ondo) by eluquenson(m): 7:45am On Nov 07, 2013
She should go to 15yrs imprisonment grin undecided

COVID-19: Withdraw Old Naira Notes From Circulation, Group Tells CBN / 6 Bitter Truths No One Ever Told You About Being A Small Business Owner / Naira Trades At ₦1,730/$ At Parallel Market