Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,705 members, 7,809,683 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:01 PM

Nairaland E-cooperative society - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nairaland E-cooperative society (9976 Views)

Covenant Fadama Multipurpose Cooperative Society Of Nigeria-the Sage Continues / Young Farmers Cooperative Society In Abeokuta / Procedures To Get Approval For Multipurpose Cooperative Society (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland E-cooperative society by proselector: 12:36am On Nov 07, 2013
Good evening...
I really took some time thinking of how to begin this thread but anywhere I begin from, I just want to be sure am communicating with you, that is, am able to pass an idea to, almost a replica of what is on my mind.

Over the years, from learning and experience, I have come to fully understand that making money is just by selling goods or services. Any business falls under that, manufacturing, entertainment, whatever. And behind every Business are 3 pillars: Idea, Capital and an Entrepreneur. Before, I used to hear that the greatest hindrance to starting a business is capital, but letter, I learnt that idea, was really the greatest problem. So since then I had alway placed Idea as a priority in my business drive. And I also discoverd that Ideas that made people were Stunning, innovative, exceptional, and most attimes new.
But after my stunning and innovative ideas, I discovered that start-up capital was still a problem. Though not the greatest problem, it is a great problem.

As entrepreneurs, ideas may not be a problem. Capital might. We know we have ways of raising capitals, like loans, savings, investors, cooperatives, etc And at times, we exhaust some of these options without being able to raise money for our business. Personally, I have been an entrepreneur for some few years and I know how difficult, it is raising funds. I have an experience where my business idea was hijacked by my investors.
So I came up with an idea of a cooperative. If I have 500 people who would make a one-time contribution of #2000 each. We could invest and re-invest both the capital and profit for a period of 12 to 18 months. And at the end of the period, the money is shared to the owners. And certainly, it would be possible for each person to raise #72,000 to #80,000 within that period. But as an individual, raising that amount may seem difficult.
And on the businesses to invest on. With so many lucrative business opportunity, finding the right business wouldnt be a problem.The business to invest on will be agreed by the members. The business must be short or medium term like Oil and Gas deal or contract. And it would exclude:
HYIP
FOREX
FOOTBALL BETTING
STOCKS
and any other high risk business
BENEFITS:

-Startup fund for your business
-Exposure to different business opportunity.
-Business connections among members
*Loans (When we have a large capital base)
-Access to business aids and advice
-Business ideas updates
** more are coming
Legal Issues

Every organisation is established on a legal ground. And this is exactly what we are working toward. For a start, we would employ methods of agreement available. We take full responsibility for every fund raised and would guarantee the security of our members. And in a shortwhile we would full launch our full legal package and registration proper.
Facebook group https://www./210229832492438?refid=27
I wish to make this the official thread of this cooperative.
I wish to solicit the support Seun and the mod of this section. I also want to commend them for their effort in seeing that nairaland.com is what it is today.
12 Months is a long time to achieve this and 12 month is a short time to wait coz time flies.
we have started join us better still tell other... questions and comments are welcomed...
Are you watching from the side line?? You are soon to find us at the top...
500 members, 500 businesses in 18 months...
Comment with your number to get our sms updates.
To join us, follow this link and join our facebook group https://m./210229832492438?refid=27

Note: Its online... So you can join from anywhere in Nigeria.
WE ARE STILL ON REGISTRATION PROCESSES. SO FOR NOW, WE DONT ASK FOR MONEY.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland E-cooperative society by Segloyd(m): 2:52am On Nov 07, 2013
Nice one.
Re: Nairaland E-cooperative society by jamace(m): 2:59am On Nov 07, 2013
Good idea.
Re: Nairaland E-cooperative society by uboma(m): 3:59am On Nov 07, 2013
@ op, nothing was said about registering the cooperative and modalities put in place to guarantee members' contribution.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland E-cooperative society by proselector: 6:51am On Nov 07, 2013
uboma: @ op, nothing was said about registering the cooperative and modalities put in place to guarantee members' contribution.

i talked about legal issues. Am working on that
Re: Nairaland E-cooperative society by proselector: 8:10am On Nov 07, 2013
I think this is a nice opportunity for students who wish to raise money for business. Other than business the money raised could go a long way of meeting some basic finantial need. ASUU is about to call off the 4 month strike, investing a little from all you have made will definately pay in a long run. Think fast and join us
Re: Nairaland E-cooperative society by lakefist(m): 10:14am On Nov 07, 2013
nice one
Re: Nairaland E-cooperative society by proselector: 8:23pm On Nov 07, 2013
We are now over 30...
Re: Nairaland E-cooperative society by chiboy11(m): 8:47pm On Nov 07, 2013
Good idea, let's start by makin d minimum contribution 20k n drawin out n MOU or beta stil openin a company name n co, I wud sugest we go in2 trasportation, dats som tin easy we can al monitor

1 Like

Re: Nairaland E-cooperative society by Cyprian213(m): 10:22pm On Nov 07, 2013
Am in 08078122808 but lets keep it at that 2k. But how is this going to affect those outside lagos? pls talk about that.
Re: Nairaland E-cooperative society by Cyprian213(m): 10:27pm On Nov 07, 2013
I am in 08078122808. but lets keep it a that 2k. but how is this going to affect those outside Lagos? pls lets talk about that
Re: Nairaland E-cooperative society by proselector: 10:28pm On Nov 07, 2013
chiboy11: Good idea, let's start by makin d minimum contribution 20k n drawin out n MOU or beta stil openin a company name n co, I wud sugest we go in2 trasportation, dats som tin easy we can al monitor

on MOU am trying to see if its possible to get something digital.
do you have a proposal on transportation business?? we have other ideas... join the facebook group for discussions.
Re: Nairaland E-cooperative society by proselector: 10:30pm On Nov 07, 2013
Cyprian213: Am in 08078122808 but lets keep it at that 2k. But how is this going to affect those outside lagos? pls talk about that.

thanks for your interest... its online so you could jin from anywhere around nigerian.. join discussions on the facebook group
Re: Nairaland E-cooperative society by proselector: 6:47am On Nov 08, 2013
Good morning...
Hope you slept well...
Re: Nairaland E-cooperative society by Nobody: 8:09am On Nov 08, 2013
It looks like a risk to me, what if the business fails? Or if It's a fraud?
Re: Nairaland E-cooperative society by christlyke(m): 8:13am On Nov 08, 2013
Hello op,gudmornin all.....i like dis idea and i will like to be a part of this.

Hw about we invest into airtime/recharge cards
Re: Nairaland E-cooperative society by christlyke(m): 8:13am On Nov 08, 2013
Hello op,gudmornin all.....i like dis idea and i will like to be a part of this.

Hw about we also invest into airtime/recharge cards
Re: Nairaland E-cooperative society by proselector: 8:30am On Nov 08, 2013
Elliotwiz1: It looks like a risk to me, what if the business fails? Or if It's a fraud?

every business has its level of risk. but like i said, we are not investing in high risk business...

join our facebook group and you would find details about members safety guarantee
Re: Nairaland E-cooperative society by proselector: 8:32am On Nov 08, 2013
christlyke: Hello op,gudmornin all.....i like dis idea and i will like to be a part of this.

Hw about we also invest into airtime/recharge cards

join our facebook group
https://www./210229832492438?refid=27

we are discussing the business ideas there
Re: Nairaland E-cooperative society by Jamji: 12:33pm On Nov 08, 2013
A good idea. But Ours do not require start up capital but as a Team,we will work together until You start earning at least N2,000 and up to N10, 000 daily. That's a guarantee. Including having access to $100k + worth of online money making ideas and products delivered to you every week with no stress. And advertising your services for free to all Members in the program

Download the introduction from the link below and see for yourself!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/88340406/INTRODUCTION.pdf.
Re: Nairaland E-cooperative society by Incrizz(f): 1:28pm On Nov 08, 2013
Re: Nairaland E-cooperative society by Nobody: 2:40pm On Nov 08, 2013
Op, count me in. I have sent my request to join d online group on facebook. My No is 08098903321 (whatsapp)
Re: Nairaland E-cooperative society by MyJwell: 5:03pm On Nov 08, 2013
This is a very bright idea. There's power in numbers...

i'm in ...07033356351
Re: Nairaland E-cooperative society by Tonjeola1(m): 8:05am On Nov 09, 2013
Good idea only if op will be sincere and let people have trust in you, because this na money matter, by the time 500 people contributed 2k each, what is the guarantee you disappear?
Re: Nairaland E-cooperative society by vizboy(m): 12:15pm On Nov 09, 2013
I like your idea but that 2k is too small. Atleast the minimum should be 5k. For business plan I would go with transport
Re: Nairaland E-cooperative society by proselector: 5:23pm On Nov 09, 2013
Tonjeola1: Good idea only if op will be sincere and let people have trust in you, because this na money matter, by the time 500 people contributed 2k each, what is the guarantee you disappear?

the cooperative is getting registered. So till then, we are not collecting any money
Re: Nairaland E-cooperative society by Walexz02(m): 5:46pm On Nov 09, 2013
I am in bro.. 2k is still OK for a start, when enough trust in gained people can start investing any amount they are capable of.. Nice idea. Someone here on NL have once suggested this type of idea to seun but he didn't take it serious then.
Re: Nairaland E-cooperative society by Nobody: 6:24pm On Nov 09, 2013
I doubt it that the op has really researched what cooperative means, its mode of operation and legal requirements.If your goal is to raise money from multitude to achieve economic of scale, a better term to use is JV or partnership!
You disclosed that registration of ur cooperative is underway when you claimed to have had only 4 members (you inclusive). How is that possible?. How many meetings have you held? Do you even have cooperative register ready?
I'm not condeming ur laudable idea or forsight, but you don't go about cooperative biz model the way you're doing. If you think I'm talking nonsense, you can challenge me to a debate on cooperative business.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland E-cooperative society by Nobody: 6:31pm On Nov 09, 2013
So I came up with an idea of a cooperative. If I have 500 people who would make a one-time contribution of #2000 each. We could invest and re-invest both the capital and profit for a period of 12 to 18 months. And at the end of the period, the money is shared to the owners. And certainly, it would be possible for each person to raise #72,000 to #80,000 within that period . But as an individual, raising that amount may seem difficult.
@ bolded. How?
Re: Nairaland E-cooperative society by FunmyKemmy(f): 7:27pm On Nov 09, 2013
I have joined the group on Facebook. I hope the purpose will not be abused in the nearest future.

Pls, 2k per individual is good to start with.

Send update to: funmykemmy2009@gmail.com.
http://funmikemmy..com
Re: Nairaland E-cooperative society by toluxa1(m): 8:17pm On Nov 09, 2013
I cant believe people are this gullible to fall for this. SOmeone tells you he is looking for 500 people to contribute 2k each and bluntly tells you your money will be invested in HYIP, FOOTBALL BETTING, FOREX and any other high risk business, hahaha, those three businesses each have about a 95% chance of failure. Heaven knows what the other high risk businesses are. If you are wise, run with your money now oo. We have been into online biz for too long to we even slightly interested in this.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland E-cooperative society by achicares(m): 9:08pm On Nov 09, 2013
@toluxa1, i think u shud look for someone to help you interprete op's post. He said, they'll innvest on other biz except Hyip, betting, forex, etc.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lekki Airport: White Elephant Project? / Need Urgent Information On Setting Up Cooking Gas Mini-plant / How To Start Keke Marwa Hire Purchase Business 800k - 850k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.