Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,109 members, 7,835,747 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:16 PM

Intercontinental Vs Bat - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Intercontinental Vs Bat (730 Views)

BAT Nigeria Sending Text Message / Intercontinental Bank Plc Recruiting / Vacancies At Intercontinental Bank Plc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Intercontinental Vs Bat by yinka2me: 7:12pm On Jul 13, 2008
hey nairalanders. I finally got Intercontinental. But British American Tobacco(BAT) wants me.
somebody know BAT's package? plsss
Re: Intercontinental Vs Bat by mekuto: 7:19pm On Jul 13, 2008
Guy/Chic,

Shine ur eyes o. I know Intercntinental's pay is really godd and all, apart from that, think of the "respect" accorded to bankers. Yo9u go like check BAT pay well sha, and think of career development too.

Best of luck as you pick o.
Re: Intercontinental Vs Bat by diggler(m): 8:45pm On Jul 13, 2008
@mekuto
Has some serious points for u to chew on sha

But in my opinion, unless u have ethical issues in working with a tobacco company
I'd advise u to go for BAT. Its a world Class organization & therefore myte provide u wit opportunities for career development on an international level.

Anyways best o wishes as u make ur choice

peace
Re: Intercontinental Vs Bat by kanwa(f): 11:29pm On Jul 13, 2008
My Dear Fellow Nairalander and job seeker, I will strongly advise you to go for BAT cos there is no job security in Intercontinental Bank even though they pay well. Their pay is the catch so do not be fooled. A slight pardonable mistake in other Banks and Organisations could get you back to the Streets searching for a Job if you are in Intercontinental Bank. BE WISE. BE WISE.
Re: Intercontinental Vs Bat by phatgirl(f): 9:31am On Jul 14, 2008
My dear,Please and please do not take BAT job.I will advice u to take banking job.There is no job security in BAT.I worked dia for 3 years and i know what i am saying.Its a controversial world class organisation with a lot of crisis like Govt policies,NGO'S attacks,Banning of cigarette smoking e.tc.
Re: Intercontinental Vs Bat by FrankC3: 10:47am On Jul 14, 2008
I wonder on what basis people are comparing BAT and Intercontinental bank. BAT is a world class company with really PROFESSIONAL LINE OF CAREER DEVELOPMENT. The pay, i think is OK but if you are thinking about career, mixing up with people from different background, international exposure and even reward, i think BAT is the place.
As for Gos, Govt policy, etc, how the hell does that concern a staff?? I sure do no think you'll reject a job with Shell because of militants activities and/or greenhouse gas emissions,

Man, I'd worked there(BAT) as a contractor and my bros works with Intercontinental bank. I'll rather be in the former than in the later!!
Re: Intercontinental Vs Bat by otesy: 9:01pm On Jul 16, 2008
@ phat girl

In what position did you work at BAT? I'm asking because I was of the impression that the company has a good reputation and job security so i'd like to know why you feel otherwise,
Re: Intercontinental Vs Bat by deskboy: 2:27pm On Jul 17, 2008
lets help some people get new jobs here. If you need to change or apply for a job, Please follow the link below

CLICK HERE

find every job today.

(1) (Reply)

Bankphb Interview Format / E-writers Club -great Earn For Article Writers! / Nestle Plc Supply Chain On 25th Nov. 2008

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.