Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,003 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:26 AM

Help- My Car Ac Not Working Fine. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help- My Car Ac Not Working Fine. (1251 Views)

Plz Help. AC Not Cooling When Weather Is Hot, Cools A Little When On Top Speed. / Ac Not Cooling And Chilling Like Before / How Does The Use Of Car AC Affect Fuel Consumption? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help- My Car Ac Not Working Fine. by foxgiovani(m): 4:06pm On Nov 08, 2013
I bought a Mazda 323F 1995 Model (that looks like sports car) as I was driving one night, I entered a very bad pot-hole and instantly, my AC pipe got burst. I've taken the car to AC technician & he welded the broken pipe but the problem now is that the AC is not chilling as usual. Can anybody pls tell me what could be wrong? Pls I've not enjoyed this car atall. Advise, pls.
Re: Help- My Car Ac Not Working Fine. by foxgiovani(m): 4:41pm On Nov 08, 2013
Could welding a damaged pipe affect its performance?
Re: Help- My Car Ac Not Working Fine. by JUO(m): 6:19am On Nov 09, 2013
I suspect wrong gas in the compressor. when the pipe got burst did the gas escape ?
Re: Help- My Car Ac Not Working Fine. by cardoctor(m): 9:14pm On Nov 09, 2013
JUO: I suspect wrong gas in the compressor. when the pipe got burst did the gas escape ?

Na wah for this question?

Car-Doctor.
Re: Help- My Car Ac Not Working Fine. by cardoctor(m): 9:17pm On Nov 09, 2013
foxgiovani: I bought a Mazda 323F 1995 Model (that looks like sports car) as I was driving one night, I entered a very bad pot-hole and instantly, my AC pipe got burst. I've taken the car to AC technician & he welded the broken pipe but the problem now is that the AC is not chilling as usual. Can anybody pls tell me what could be wrong? Pls I've not enjoyed this car atall. Advise, pls.

Did your ac guy flush the system, refill with fresh compressor oil and quality gas?

Car-Doctor.
Re: Help- My Car Ac Not Working Fine. by foxgiovani(m): 8:02pm On Nov 13, 2013
car-doctor:

Did your ac guy flush the system, refill with fresh compressor oil and quality gas?

Car-Doctor.
No he didn't. He just welded the damaged pipe and refilled. Please I still need suggestions from experienced people.
Re: Help- My Car Ac Not Working Fine. by Nobody: 9:48am On Nov 14, 2013
A/c woes

The force that broke that pipe could have damaged something else in the system. You have a leak somewhere, try and find it. When you do, don't weld it, replace the affected unit.

Remember to flush the system and refill with quality compressor oil and gas.
Re: Help- My Car Ac Not Working Fine. by sultaan(m): 10:52am On Nov 14, 2013
@op

You just solved your problem.

You can't weld a damaged ac hose it has to be replaced with a new one vacuum then refill
Re: Help- My Car Ac Not Working Fine. by nas00(m): 12:54pm On Nov 14, 2013
foxgiovani: No he didn't. He just welded the damaged pipe and refilled. Please I still need suggestions from experienced people.

It's simple and straightforward. The quality of refridgerant the technician charged your a/c circuit with is poor.

It is your duty to do the following:

1) PERSONALLY examine the label on your A/C compressor for the type of refridgerant recommended. For 1995 Mazda, it will more likely be R-12.

2) Ensure you buy an original (OEM) quality R-12 refridgerant by YOURSELF and then, hand it over to the technician to charge the compressor under your supervision. I have discovered that there are several brands of refridgerants in the market with varying qualities, based on their level of cooling/ performance. You can let me know when you've confirmed your car's type of refridgerant, so I can give you some trusted/ high quality brand names from experience.

**A less likely cause of d problem may be a leak elsewhere in the cooling circuit. If your technician however knows what he does well, that should not be the case.

Cheers!
Re: Help- My Car Ac Not Working Fine. by foxgiovani(m): 9:24am On Nov 15, 2013
JUO: I suspect wrong gas in the compressor. when the pipe got burst did the gas escape ?
yes, all the gas escaped. I had to refill after the damaged pipe was mended.

(1) (Reply)

Photos: Maserati Alfieri Vs Volkswagen Vision GT / Kia Motors Now On Konga – Buy Suvs Or Kia Cars Online From Konga / Toyota RAV4 Vs Ford Edge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.