Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,927 members, 7,835,096 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:01 AM

What Does It Mean? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / What Does It Mean? (2874 Views)

What Does Sura 9:123 Says? If You Know Your Quran Well Please Tell Us / What Does Islam Say About Abortion,can Allah Forgive? / What Does The Quran Say About Killing. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Does It Mean? by Nobody: 7:18pm On Nov 08, 2013
I am a christian but I have an interest in the muslim religion.

I have been listening to Buhario Omo Musas various wasi on YouTube.

I can hear Alfa Itakure answer the calls of Alfa Buhari by saying Nam, which I think translates to yes.

But sometimes he also answers by saying what I think is Karmakat Allah. What does this mean?

Thanks.
Re: What Does It Mean? by usermane(m): 7:47pm On Nov 08, 2013
Somorin#1:

I can hear Alfa Itakure answer the calls of Alfa Buhari by saying Nam, which I think translates to yes.

But sometimes he also answers by saying what I think is Karmakat Allah. What does this mean?

Thanks.

Good day friend. I do admire your quest for the truth. I do not know the meaning of "karmakat Allah". Sorry to bother you though.
But i got an advice. Please and please, whenever you want to learn about Islam,verify or confirm from the Qur'an, the final testament and the sole book the prophet preached(Qur'an 6:19). Please be objective of what you hear muslims or non muslims say about Islam, don't just as a learner accept the words of imam, sheikh or mullah without investigating(Qur'an 9:31-34). This is why God enjoy mankind to study the Qur'an before accepting it as His scripture(Qur'an 4:82) rather just accepting it on blind faith.
Re: What Does It Mean? by tbaba1234: 8:37pm On Nov 08, 2013
Somorin#1:

Thanks.

Hi,

Kalamuallah refers to the Quran. I do not know if it is the same thing the man is talking about.

If you have Questions, you can send me a mail. tbaba1234@yahoo.com
Re: What Does It Mean? by WHees(m): 9:13pm On Nov 08, 2013
It might be "Akramakallah", which is an acceptable term used while referring to the Mallams here in the north, it is somehow synonymous with sheikh.

@tbaba.. Can the above be translated as "the generous of God" or "may God make you generous" or "God has made you generous".. Kinda stuck here.
Re: What Does It Mean? by tbaba1234: 9:19pm On Nov 08, 2013
^ You are correct

Akram mean more generous...
Re: What Does It Mean? by Nobody: 9:50pm On Nov 08, 2013
usermane:

Good day friend. I do admire your quest for the truth. I do not know the meaning of "karmakat Allah". Sorry to bother you though.
But i got an advice. Please and please, whenever you want to learn about Islam,verify or confirm from the Qur'an, the final testament and the sole book the prophet preached(Qur'an 6:19). Please be objective of what you hear muslims or non muslims say about Islam, don't just as a learner accept the words of imam, sheikh or mullah without investigating(Qur'an 9:31-34). This is why God enjoy mankind to study the Qur'an before accepting it as His scripture(Qur'an 4:82) rather just accepting it on blind faith.

Thank you for the advice.
Re: What Does It Mean? by Nobody: 9:51pm On Nov 08, 2013
WHξξ∟s:
It might be "Akramakallah", which is an acceptable term used while referring to the Mallams here in the north, it is somehow synonymous with sheikh.

@tbaba.. Can the above be translated as "the generous of God" or "may God make you generous" or "God has made you generous".. Kinda stuck here.

I think this is what he said.

Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Am I Fasting At All? I Eat Till 5:30am / The Issue Of The Mu'azzin Calling Aloud The Takbir After The Imam; Bid'ah?? / Wants To Invite An Atheist To Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.