Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,301 members, 7,811,897 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:35 PM

We Will NOT Spend #64billion To Build Abuja City Gates- FCTA - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Will NOT Spend #64billion To Build Abuja City Gates- FCTA (1730 Views)

No Bomb Explosion In Abuja - FCTA / Buhari Sacks Chairmen Of 3 FCTA Boards / FG To Move Some Federal Ministries, Agencies Out Of Abuja City (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Will NOT Spend #64billion To Build Abuja City Gates- FCTA by taharqa: 7:19am On Nov 09, 2013
[size=16] 2 ABUJA DISTRICTS TO BE BUILT IN ABUJA'S OUTSTRICKS BY PRIVATE INVESTORS, NOT 2 GATES- FCTA[/size]

The Federal Capital Territory Administration (FCTA) has disclosed that the new Abuja city gate to be located at the Kuje Junction, Along Umaru Musa Yar’Adua Expressway (airport road) is to be constructed at the cost of N64 billion.

The new city gate, according to the administration, comprises conference and parade grounds, botanical gardens and a five star hotel. Others are shopping arcades, amphitheatres, cable car stations that will go from south to north and a monorail system.

Director, department of public buildings, Federal Capital Development Authority (FCDA), Arch Bernard Lot, who disclosed this while addressing a press conference, said the project would be floated through Public Private Partnership (PPP) model and the administration was currently looking for investors.

“Some investors have shown interest and we have discussed with them. We have prepared Infrastructure Concession and Regulatory Commission (ICRC) documentation for it at the cost of N64 billion,” Lot said

[b]Explaining the concept of the new city gate, he said, “The city gate project is a futuristic project. We have a new one at Kuje junction; just before the flyover at Kuje junction if you are moving from the city to the airport. Under the contract of the Airport expressway, very soon they will do an underpass because the gate is designed into a northern flank, a southern flank and a central axis. The central axis is a pedestrian bridge with a pile-on and on the northern side we have the formal side where we have the conference and parade ground, botanical gardens and other facilities including a five star hotel. That will form the symbol of how a visiting head of state could be given the key to enter the city.

“On the southern side, we have commercial facilities such as shopping arcades, amphitheatre, cable car station that will go from south to north and even with a monorail. City gates in modern architecture are places where people can come and converge, live and seek information about the city and go back without entering the city. One doesn’t have to enter Abuja without knowing about Abuja. Right from the city gate, you can know about the city and go back. The city gate is going to be complemented by the centenary city which is adjacent to it
.”[/b]

http://leadership.ng/news/151013/new-abuja-city-gate-gulp-n64bn
Re: We Will NOT Spend #64billion To Build Abuja City Gates- FCTA by taharqa: 7:22am On Nov 09, 2013
Yterday's FP thread FALSELY https://www.nairaland.com/1508852/cacol-condemns-n64bn-abuja-city
claimed that the FCTA was going to spend #64billion of Taxpayers money to build 2 City Gates, when it was 2 DISTRICTS that was planned, to be built by interested Private Investors.
Re: We Will NOT Spend #64billion To Build Abuja City Gates- FCTA by sammyyoung2(m): 7:31am On Nov 09, 2013
Lies everywhere.....but never trust your government -Adolf Hitler
Re: We Will NOT Spend #64billion To Build Abuja City Gates- FCTA by taharqa: 8:27am On Nov 09, 2013
sammy.young:
Lies everywhere.....but never trust your government -Adolf Hitler
Reali?? Adolt Hitler is yr Mentee-teacher?? Interesting...
Re: We Will NOT Spend #64billion To Build Abuja City Gates- FCTA by lertee(f): 8:31am On Nov 09, 2013
So who do we believe..lies everywhere. angry
Re: We Will NOT Spend #64billion To Build Abuja City Gates- FCTA by DaLover(m): 9:45am On Nov 09, 2013
lertee: So who do we believe..lies everywhere. angry

Of course this thread makes a lot more sense, just shameful how low people will go sha
Re: We Will NOT Spend #64billion To Build Abuja City Gates- FCTA by NgeneUkwenu(f): 10:02am On Nov 09, 2013
After thought! mtcheeww . In another development, what offence did clerverly commit? Sexkillz unban the fella.
Re: We Will NOT Spend #64billion To Build Abuja City Gates- FCTA by Kajiang02(m): 10:13am On Nov 09, 2013
I hope this didn't just come up as an after-thought for real.
#64bil is quite large for the initial post siting just as a project.
Btw, will the masses/low income/middle income earners benefit from this? Else it shouldn't be thought of, cos of what use is it constructing such for a few/affluent.
Re: We Will NOT Spend #64billion To Build Abuja City Gates- FCTA by Capnd143(m): 11:25am On Nov 09, 2013
When i saw the CACOL abuja city gate criticism yesterday i didnt mind to comment knowing that CACOL Are bunch of ignorant Politically motivated rats who didnt even know about the project... The gate is not just a huge iron/metal gate, its going to be a city on its own.

1 Like

Re: We Will NOT Spend #64billion To Build Abuja City Gates- FCTA by taharqa: 11:31am On Nov 09, 2013
I hope the MODS wud be fair enough to their consciences to take this thread to the FP and correct the MISINFORMATION of yesterday, without been repeated urged to do so.
Re: We Will NOT Spend #64billion To Build Abuja City Gates- FCTA by UyiIredia(m): 11:47am On Nov 09, 2013
Okay. That said even PPP is not worthy. I think the project a white-elephant one. Nigerian administrators make the mistake of undertaking fabplous projects where the Nigerian common man has not gotten the basics of mechanized farming, excellent and easily accessible, ultra-low cost shelters, excellent technical education/ craftmanship facilities amidst THE VERY CRUCIAL environment of active grassroot participation in the polity for the common good. Till then I can applaud the fabolousity of the project but weep that we LACK the environment that will enable indigenous skills required for such.
Re: We Will NOT Spend #64billion To Build Abuja City Gates- FCTA by Kajiang02(m): 11:49am On Nov 09, 2013
Capnd143: When i saw the CACOL abuja city gate criticism yesterday i didnt mind to comment knowing that CACOL Are bunch of ignorant Politically motivated rats who didnt even know about the project... The gate is not just a huge iron/metal gate, its going to be a city on its own.

Abeg no vex, this CACOL people, who dem be?
Re: We Will NOT Spend #64billion To Build Abuja City Gates- FCTA by taharqa: 6:57pm On Nov 09, 2013
*smh*
Re: We Will NOT Spend #64billion To Build Abuja City Gates- FCTA by Nobody: 7:34pm On Nov 09, 2013
I am not surprised the thread did not make front page. I suspect Seun is now officially an APC chieftain. NL has now been systematically programmed to promote APC and discredit the President and anything PDP

4 Likes

Re: We Will NOT Spend #64billion To Build Abuja City Gates- FCTA by NgeneUkwenu(f): 7:44pm On Nov 09, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: I am not surprised the thread did not make front page. I suspect Seun is now officially an APC chieftain. NL has now been systematically programmed to promote APC and discredit the President and anything PDP

cry cry cryCry! Cry!! Baby!!! You want to see your master! You cant intimidate anyone into bringing this crap and redressed afterthought rebuttal to the front page. Suck it grin
Re: We Will NOT Spend #64billion To Build Abuja City Gates- FCTA by Nobody: 7:54pm On Nov 09, 2013
Ngene-Ukwenu:

cry cry cryCry! Cry!! Baby!!! You want to see your master! You cant intimidate anyone into bring this crap and redressed afterthought rebuttal to the front page. Suck it grin
You should be singing that song to APC online rats, who are always crying and blackmailing the moderators to ban others. I only commented on this thread because of what Taharqa wrote after waiting in vain for this thread to be moved to the front page.

By the way, since you'r now the attack dog of Seun, can you explain to us why the initial allegation was deserving of front page but not the rebuttal?

1 Like

Re: We Will NOT Spend #64billion To Build Abuja City Gates- FCTA by NgeneUkwenu(f): 8:02pm On Nov 09, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
You should be singing that song to APC online rats, who are always crying and blackmailing the moderators to ban others. I only commented on this thread because of what Taharqa wrote after waiting in vain for this thread to be moved to the front page.

By the way, since you'r now the attack dog of Seun, can you explain to us why the initial allegation was deserving of front page but not the rebuttal?

The same way you people cried and blackmailed the mods into banning Cleverly?? Hypocrites angry
Re: We Will NOT Spend #64billion To Build Abuja City Gates- FCTA by taharqa: 8:13pm On Nov 09, 2013
Ngene-Ukwenu:

cry cry cryCry! Cry!! Baby!!! You want to see your master! You cant intimidate anyone into bring this crap and redressed afterthought rebuttal to the front page. Suck it grin
Redressed afterthought? This info has bn out in d public since February, and was also re-emphasized last month. It is all d REAL Newspapers in Nigeria. A simple google search wud hv helped yr Ignorance, u know...
Re: We Will NOT Spend #64billion To Build Abuja City Gates- FCTA by taharqa: 8:16pm On Nov 09, 2013
@Sincere9jeria, I reali need to pass across an important info to you. How do I contact you? Any mails?? Pretty important...
Re: We Will NOT Spend #64billion To Build Abuja City Gates- FCTA by Nobody: 8:28pm On Nov 09, 2013
Ngene-Ukwenu:

The same way you people cried and blackmailed the mods into banning Cleverly?? Hypocrites angry
I have been on this forum for over a year but I have NEVER asked the moderators to ban ANYBODY. I dont believe in the policy of banning people. My position is that if members have to be banned for any reason, it should not last for more than 24 hours. Any ban beyond 24 hours is counterproductive. But generally, I dont believe in banning people except if there are serious infractions like violating the advert rules or policy.
Re: We Will NOT Spend #64billion To Build Abuja City Gates- FCTA by Nobody: 8:30pm On Nov 09, 2013
Re: We Will NOT Spend #64billion To Build Abuja City Gates- FCTA by NgeneUkwenu(f): 8:36pm On Nov 09, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
I have been on this forum for over a year but I have NEVER asked the moderators to ban ANYBODY. I dont believe in the policy of banning people. My position is that if members have to be banned for any reason, it should not last for more than 24 hours. Any ban beyond 24 hours is counterproductive. But generally, I dont believe in banning people except if there are serious infractions like violating the advert rules or policy.

Anyway your colleague did and a lengthy ban was handed!

https://www.nairaland.com/1507478/attention-mods#19355396
Re: We Will NOT Spend #64billion To Build Abuja City Gates- FCTA by hercules07: 8:59pm On Nov 09, 2013
How much will the FG spend as part of its counterpart funding of the project, the total cost is 64B, how much of that 64B will be spent by the FG?
Re: We Will NOT Spend #64billion To Build Abuja City Gates- FCTA by Nobody: 9:02pm On Nov 09, 2013
Ngene-Ukwenu:

Anyway your colleague did and a lengthy ban was handed!

https://www.nairaland.com/1507478/attention-mods#19355396
I am not @gramci
Re: We Will NOT Spend #64billion To Build Abuja City Gates- FCTA by takedat(m): 9:45pm On Nov 09, 2013
taharqa: @Sincere9jeria, I reali need to pass across an important info to you. How do I contact you? Any mails?? Pretty important...
Una dey plan coup abi?grin
Re: We Will NOT Spend #64billion To Build Abuja City Gates- FCTA by jmaine: 11:17pm On Nov 09, 2013
take dat: Una dey plan coup abi?grin

Lolz . . .I follow fear sef grin
Re: We Will NOT Spend #64billion To Build Abuja City Gates- FCTA by taharqa: 7:22am On Nov 10, 2013
@sincere9jerian,
Thnk you, booo..... I will contact you b4 the end of the day
Re: We Will NOT Spend #64billion To Build Abuja City Gates- FCTA by taharqa: 7:23am On Nov 10, 2013
take dat: Una dey plan coup abi?grin

grin
Re: We Will NOT Spend #64billion To Build Abuja City Gates- FCTA by taharqa: 8:28am On Nov 10, 2013
Still waiting on the MODS....
Re: We Will NOT Spend #64billion To Build Abuja City Gates- FCTA by NgeneUkwenu(f): 9:17am On Nov 10, 2013
taharqa:

Still waiting on the MODS....

You go wait tire grin grin grin
Re: We Will NOT Spend #64billion To Build Abuja City Gates- FCTA by taharqa: 1:32pm On Nov 10, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: I am not surprised the thread did not make front page. I suspect Seun is now officially an APC chieftain. NL has now been systematically programmed to promote APC and discredit the President and anything PDP
For more d 2 weeks now, its been almost impossible to hide.... Na laugh we dey for now
Re: We Will NOT Spend #64billion To Build Abuja City Gates- FCTA by Nobody: 2:26pm On Nov 10, 2013
taharqa: For more d 2 weeks now, its been almost impossible to hide.... Na laugh we dey for now
It will even get worse as elections draw nearer. Seun most likely has aligned with his brothers and sisters in APC. I have also noticed the same thing with Gbenga Arulegba of Focus Nigeria and AIT. I dont know between Gbenga and Lai Muhammed who speaks better for APC. I no longer watch his useless programme. Only Channelstv has managed to remain neutral/apolitical.

(1) (2) (Reply)

UK May Probe ‘links’ Between APC, Boko Haram / PDP Candidate Ribadu Escapes Mob Attack In Adamawa / WAEC Offices In Nigeria - Buhari Should Approach WAEC And Leave Army Alone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.