Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,531 members, 7,816,294 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:00 AM

Borno Women Protest Continued Detention Of Their Husbands, Sons By The Army - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Borno Women Protest Continued Detention Of Their Husbands, Sons By The Army (840 Views)

Continued Detention Of Metuh, Unhealthy For Nigeria’s Democracy – Ekweremadu / "Patience Jonathan Is As Old As Buhari But Hiding It With Make-Up” – Borno Women / Breaking: 63 Abducted Borno Women Escape From Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Borno Women Protest Continued Detention Of Their Husbands, Sons By The Army by ceo4eva: 9:19am On Nov 09, 2013
OVER 100 women and their children
on Thursday marched on the streets
of Maiduguri, Borno State to demand
for the immediate release of their
husbands, fathers and sons who are
being detained by the Army for
allegedly being members of Boko
Haram sect in the state.
The women urged the unconditional
release of the suspects or they should
be told that they are no longer alive
to join them in their homes and
communities.
Addressing journalists at the
premises of Borno Radio Television
(BRTV), Maiduguri, they alleged that
most of their husbands, sons and
fathers had been taken away by
military operatives and detained for
different periods ranging from eight
months to over a year.
A protester, Ya’hadiza Bulama Musa,
and an official of the University of
Maiduguri Teaching Hospital (UMTH)
told newsmen that most of their
husbands and children arrested by
the soldiers were innocent.
She wondered why they were still
being kept in custody, without anyone
telling them the truth about their
state of health at the detention centre
of Giwa Barracks.
Ya’hadiza, who was close to tears,
said two of her sons, Mustapha
Tijjani Bukar and Allamin Sule Tijani,
both graduates, were arrested while
they were driving out of their streets
at Ngomari Junction on June 6, this
year, and since then, has not been
seen by the family.
“Our children are not Boko Haram
members; they were arrested
innocently and wrongly by the JTF
who labelled them Boko Haram. I am
a mother and should know my
children better. If they are Boko
Haram members, I will not be here
wasting my time. But I know my
children, they are educated just like
their father and I,” she said.
A 14-year-old boy, Bashir Zarami,
who broke down in tears while
recounting his ordeal, narrated that
his father was arrested in his
presence and since then he could no
longer go to school or fend for
himself properly.
He said: “My father is a provision
seller there at Bayan Quarters area. I
was with him on the day soldiers
came to our shop some eight months
ago (February) and began to beat us,
asking us to lie down with our faces
to the ground. After trampling on us,
they dragged my father out and took
him away. Since then, I was left
alone. I don’t know my mother; my
father brought me up alone. Now I
have no one, I cannot go to school,
and no one to feed me, except I beg.
Please Governor Kashim should
assist me to free my father; they said
he is in Giwa Barracks, and I cannot
go there.”
http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/index.php/news/national-news/137967-borno-women-protest-continued-detention-of-their-husbands-sons-by-army
Re: Borno Women Protest Continued Detention Of Their Husbands, Sons By The Army by kingofpool: 9:39am On Nov 09, 2013
Buhari don go short of soldierz now he don go unleash women to protest....Hahahahaha....# in phyno's voice kill dem all, jtf kill dem...Dem neva see any tin....Hmmmm b4 dem crucify me....Minus the innocent onez

2 Likes

Re: Borno Women Protest Continued Detention Of Their Husbands, Sons By The Army by obyrich(m): 9:52am On Nov 09, 2013
Don't worry you will join them soon in paradise. They are already enjoying their 72 virgins.

1 Like

Re: Borno Women Protest Continued Detention Of Their Husbands, Sons By The Army by stevnwigw1: 10:52am On Nov 09, 2013
pls with all due respect, the same women should truthfully for their own good also tell the jtf who the real bokoharam is, and where the can be found.
Re: Borno Women Protest Continued Detention Of Their Husbands, Sons By The Army by lincolnj88: 1:52pm On Nov 09, 2013
walahi i luv muslim girls oh ... Judicial system should come into this matter oh..most muslim women hardly fed 4 demselves oh and women in general nid d support of a man... So gej my man try and check d excess of the military
Re: Borno Women Protest Continued Detention Of Their Husbands, Sons By The Army by lincolnj88: 1:53pm On Nov 09, 2013
walahi i luv muslim girls oh ... Judicial system should come into this matter oh..most muslim women hardly fed 4 demselves oh and women in general nid d support of a man... So gej my man try and check d excess of the military...d women and children dnt deserve dis

(1) (Reply)

Amaechi Is Leading Opposition Govs -jang / REVEALED: How FG Allegedly Lavished N4.7trillion In 8yrs, By Reps / Tinubu's Records Trumps His Detractors (the Unabridged Version)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.