Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,204 members, 7,825,772 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 10:55 PM

Should Spouses Have Access To Each Other's Phone? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should Spouses Have Access To Each Other's Phone? (1098 Views)

Is It Ideal For Partners To Be Checking Each Other's Phone Without Consent / Today's Relationship, You Can Touch Each Other, But Not Each Other's Phone! Why? / Is It Cool/advisable For Lovers To Check Each Other's Phone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Spouses Have Access To Each Other's Phone? by PasD(m): 6:41pm On Nov 09, 2013
Saw this on Saturday Punch with very few opinions. Need more reactions on this....
Re: Should Spouses Have Access To Each Other's Phone? by chineloSA(f): 6:49pm On Nov 09, 2013
If you are still in a relationship it should not be by force. It should just mutually happen. smiley smiley smiley

If its marriage, yes, you should, no negotiations na. Whats mine is his and likewise kiss kiss kiss
Re: Should Spouses Have Access To Each Other's Phone? by PasD(m): 7:48pm On Nov 09, 2013
chineloSA:
If you are still in a relationship it should not be by force. It should just mutually happen. smiley smiley smiley

If its marriage, yes, you should, no negotiations na. Whats mine is his and likewise kiss kiss kiss

this thing you said is causing comotion here o. My uncle maintains that privacy is privacy whether married or single
Re: Should Spouses Have Access To Each Other's Phone? by chineloSA(f): 7:55pm On Nov 09, 2013
PasD: this thing you said is causing comotion here o. My uncle maintains that privacy is privacy whether married or single

Then your uncle is hiding alot. Maybe not even a sideline, just Por..n material. money etc.

But in marriage, people should be open. If they cant be open, then they got married to wrong people. If I am married, my friends should know that if they sms a secret, my hubby may know the secret. So if they want to keep our secret no sms, face to face talk smiley smiley smiley

Your Uncle is a shaddy buddy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Should Spouses Have Access To Each Other's Phone? by Nobody: 7:56pm On Nov 09, 2013
No, no and no again.
Re: Should Spouses Have Access To Each Other's Phone? by PasD(m): 8:08pm On Nov 09, 2013
chineloSA:

Then your uncle is hiding alot. Maybe not even a sideline, just Por..n material. money etc.

But in marriage, people should be open. If they cant be open, then they got married to wrong people. If I am married, my friends should know that if they sms a secret, my hubby may know the secret. So if they want to keep our secret no sms, face to face talk smiley smiley smiley

Your Uncle is a shaddy buddy cheesy cheesy
my uncle maintains that its not because of secret love affair that made him say that. There are many things that enter the fone na. Account details (debit and credit) to avoid unneccessary questions, schedules he may like to keep private at least for the moment. The man is really making sense here and you are making sense too......dnt knw who to choose o
Re: Should Spouses Have Access To Each Other's Phone? by Ymodulus: 8:08pm On Nov 09, 2013
I dont see anything wrong in a wife/girlfriend having access to her boyfriend/husby phone.

1 Like

Re: Should Spouses Have Access To Each Other's Phone? by PasD(m): 8:09pm On Nov 09, 2013
rokiatu: No, no and no again.

Wullahi you did not give reason.

Is the no no and no both for married and unmarried?
Re: Should Spouses Have Access To Each Other's Phone? by PasD(m): 8:12pm On Nov 09, 2013
Ymodulus:

I dont see anything wrong in a wife/girlfriend having access to her boyfriend/husby phone.
you have not really looked.

This is the cause of most divorce and break ups
Re: Should Spouses Have Access To Each Other's Phone? by Nobody: 8:13pm On Nov 09, 2013
PasD:

Wullahi you did not give reason.

Is the no no and no both for married and unmarried?

Yes. Just becuase we are married don't mean we should share everything.
Re: Should Spouses Have Access To Each Other's Phone? by chineloSA(f): 8:15pm On Nov 09, 2013
PasD: my uncle maintains that its not because of secret love affair that made him say that. There are many things that enter the fone na. Account details (debit and credit) to avoid unneccessary questions, schedules he may like to keep private at least for the moment. The man is really making sense here and you are making sense too......dnt knw who to choose o

I thought so, money.

What I have observed is, if you become open, your partner later does not even bother to check your phone. They relax and they get bored. If you protect it, they they want to dig more smiley smiley smiley

So the more he says NO, they more she will want to know smiley smiley smiley
Re: Should Spouses Have Access To Each Other's Phone? by chineloSA(f): 8:18pm On Nov 09, 2013
rokiatu: [/b]

Yes. Just becuase we are married don't mean we should share everything.

One thing that is addressed in marriage counselling is openness and honesty. If you have secrets ( current secrets ) not even past secrets, then there is a problem smiley smiley

I cant sleep with a wolf in one bed, while thinking its a sheep. wink wink

1 Like

Re: Should Spouses Have Access To Each Other's Phone? by Nobody: 8:23pm On Nov 09, 2013
chineloSA:

One thing that is addressed in marriage counselling is openness and honesty. If you have secrets ( current secrets ) not even past secrets, then there is a problem smiley smiley

I cant sleep with a wolf in one bed, while thinking its a sheep. wink wink

I do support such concept, but then again, I would luv some privacy for myself.
Re: Should Spouses Have Access To Each Other's Phone? by chineloSA(f): 8:31pm On Nov 09, 2013
rokiatu:

As I said, when you give someone openness they eventually get bored and give you privacy. But if you hide, he wants to dig more.

But its your marriage, do what works for you. But know it will eventually lead to problems, because surely there is a reason for you being uncomfortable and that is "secrets"!!!!!!

. Woman are somehow selfish, because if he can start being secretive to you, you will be the first one running to Nairaland asking, what you should do. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy Hope when he reciprocates, you won't mind. when he receives dodgy calls,sms's the rules of privacy wont be abandoned by you first.
Re: Should Spouses Have Access To Each Other's Phone? by PasD(m): 8:32pm On Nov 09, 2013
rokiatu:

my uncle with his friend are just hail u......

But sadly mum says you hav ske.leton in ur cupboard (she meant no offence o)
Re: Should Spouses Have Access To Each Other's Phone? by chineloSA(f): 8:34pm On Nov 09, 2013
PasD: my uncle with his friend are just hail u......

Its true. Skeletons nothing else. Why would one hide a phone with a list of phone numbers and sms's from MTN and the bank

Personally I cannot marry someone I don't know. NO
Re: Should Spouses Have Access To Each Other's Phone? by Nobody: 8:35pm On Nov 09, 2013
chineloSA:

As I said, when you give someone openness they eventually get bored and give you privacy. But if you hide, he wants to dig more.

But its your marriage, do what works for you. But know it will eventually lead to problems, because surely there is a reason for you being uncomfortable and that is "secrets"!!!!!!

. Woman are somehow selfish, because if he can start being secretive to you, you will be the first one running to Nairaland asking, what you should do. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy Hope when he reciprocates, you won't mind. when he receives dodgy calls,sms's the rules of privacy wont be abandoned by you first.

battle of the sexes? grin grin grin

PasD: my uncle with his friend are just hail u......

LOL
Re: Should Spouses Have Access To Each Other's Phone? by PasD(m): 8:37pm On Nov 09, 2013
chineloSA:

[/b]As I said, when you give someone openness they eventually get bored and give you privacy. But if you hide, he wants to dig more.[b]

hehehehe mum says you're a smart gyal. Good for daughter inlaw (bolded part)

But uncle says you're selfish (no offence)
Re: Should Spouses Have Access To Each Other's Phone? by Nobody: 8:42pm On Nov 09, 2013
LMAO dude you're funny. grin grin grin
Re: Should Spouses Have Access To Each Other's Phone? by chineloSA(f): 8:44pm On Nov 09, 2013
PasD: hehehehe mum says you're a smart gyal. Good for daughter inlaw (bolded part)

But uncle says you're selfish (no offence)

Tell your mom I said kiss kiss kiss kiss I love her.

Ask uncle, how am I selfish grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Should Spouses Have Access To Each Other's Phone? by PasD(m): 8:49pm On Nov 09, 2013
rokiatu: LMAO dude you're funny. grin grin grin
wish you were here to hear comments. Infact uncle wanna join nairaland now so that he can [/b]blast[b] chinelo (the lady above)
Re: Should Spouses Have Access To Each Other's Phone? by chineloSA(f): 8:50pm On Nov 09, 2013
PasD: wish you were here to hear comments. Infact uncle wanna join nairaland now so that he can [/b]blast[b] chinelo (the lady above)

Tell him am waiting. I have my garri next to me grin grin grin
Re: Should Spouses Have Access To Each Other's Phone? by PasD(m): 8:52pm On Nov 09, 2013
chineloSA:

Tell your mom I said kiss kiss kiss kiss I love her.

Ask uncle, how am I selfish grin grin grin grin grin grin
mum is loving ya swag grin

Uncle is 63yrs old but he wanna join nairaland.com because of u. If I were u I will deactivate my account! U cnt imagine the number of ppl that are against u ryt here lol
Re: Should Spouses Have Access To Each Other's Phone? by PasD(m): 8:54pm On Nov 09, 2013
chineloSA:

[/b]Tell him am waiting. I have my garri next to me[b] grin grin grin
I don die lwkmd4h
Re: Should Spouses Have Access To Each Other's Phone? by chineloSA(f): 8:58pm On Nov 09, 2013
PasD: mum is loving ya swag grin

Uncle is 63yrs old but he wanna join nairaland.com because of u. If I were u I will deactivate my account! U cnt imagine the number of ppl that are against u ryt here lol

Please help uncle join Nairaland, abeg. Make me talk to uncle cheesy cheesy
Re: Should Spouses Have Access To Each Other's Phone? by PasD(m): 9:02pm On Nov 09, 2013
chineloSA:

Please help uncle join Nairaland, abeg. Make me talk to uncle cheesy cheesy
trust me on that! Hehehe kai
Re: Should Spouses Have Access To Each Other's Phone? by obyrich(m): 9:15pm On Nov 09, 2013
PasD ask uncle how he would feel if his wifey puts a secret password on her phone? Any man or woman who passwords his phone is a suspect. However, I know someone who did that to prevent his children from stealing airtime from his phone. In that case, it is justifiable to lock the phone with a secret password if the wife is in league with the children in the game.
Re: Should Spouses Have Access To Each Other's Phone? by chineloSA(f): 9:25pm On Nov 09, 2013
obyrich: PasD ask uncle how he would feel if his wifey puts a secret password on her phone? Any man or woman who passwords his phone is a suspect. However, I know someone who did that to prevent his children from stealing airtime from his phone. In that case, it is justifiable to lock the phone with a secret password if the wife is in league with the children in the game.

grin grin grin grin @ wife league with the children.

I have also heard of man who was paying $1200 per month on phone bill because of wife and kids grin grin
Re: Should Spouses Have Access To Each Other's Phone? by PasD(m): 9:28pm On Nov 09, 2013
obyrich: PasD ask uncle how he would feel if his wifey puts a secret password on her phone? Any man or woman who passwords his phone is a suspect. However, I know someone who did that to prevent his children from stealing airtime from his phone. In that case, it is justifiable to lock the phone with a secret password if the wife is in league with the children in the game.
hahahhahahaha guess what? He says his wife is close to 60yrs so I should ask u why he should suspect anytin lwkmd.
Re: Should Spouses Have Access To Each Other's Phone? by PasD(m): 9:30pm On Nov 09, 2013
chineloSA:

grin grin grin grin @ wife league with the children.

I have also heard of man who was paying $1200 per month on phone bill because of wife and kids grin grin
I dnt get it. Why? [/b]What's wife league with children[b]. ?
Re: Should Spouses Have Access To Each Other's Phone? by chineloSA(f): 9:41pm On Nov 09, 2013
PasD: I dnt get it. Why? [/b]What's wife league with children[b]. ?

Meaning the wife is the thief with her kids. Stealing his cellphone, thereby paying big big phone bills. grin grin grin
Re: Should Spouses Have Access To Each Other's Phone? by PasD(m): 9:51pm On Nov 09, 2013
chineloSA:

Meaning the wife is the thief with cheesy her kids. Stealing his cellphone, thereby paying big big phone bills. grin grin grin

[/i]Ok lol. Co-thief! I get it now lolz[i]

(1) (Reply)

Ladies Why? / After 2yrs,she Told Me Dat She Has Another Guy,plz Advice / She Got Pregnant And Aborted It Without My Knowledge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.