Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,110 members, 7,814,895 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:23 PM

Oduah: Jonathan May Shun House Report - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oduah: Jonathan May Shun House Report (10327 Views)

Falana Faults Jonathan’s May 28 Handover Date / Jonathan May Concede Defeat Soon - Punch / House Report Demands Oduah’s Sack (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oduah: Jonathan May Shun House Report by gratieao: 5:55am On Nov 10, 2013
President Goodluck Jonathan and the House of Representatives may clash over the probe into the purchase of two bulletproof cars for the Minister of Aviation, Ms Stella Oduah, by the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority.

SUNDAY PUNCH learnt that Jonathan had no intention of acting on the recommendation of the House committee that probed the scandal.

The NCAA had reportedly paid about N255m for the two bulletproof BMW 760 Li cars. While appearing before the House of Representatives Committee on Aviation in Abuja on Thursday, the NCAA admitted that the Ministry of Aviation approved the purchase of the cars for Oduah. But Oduah had denied any wrongdoing, but blamed her aides and the acting Director General of the NCAA for the scandal.

The House had recommended that Jonathan should sack the minister for exceeding the official limit in approving the purchase of the two bulletproof cars while sanctions were also recommended for the former acting Director General of NCAA, Nkemakolam Joyce, and the agency’s Director of Finance, Salawu Ozigi.

The panel also reportedly sought for the immediate termination of a loan agreement of N643, 088,25 to finance the purchase of 54 vehicles (including the armoured vehicles) between the NCAA and the First Bank of Nigeria; Coscharis Motors Limited is to be asked to refund the N255m meant for the bulletproof vehicles while the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission should investigate the company for alleged abuse of waivers.

It also called on Nigerians to mount necessary pressure to ensure the probe of Oduah. It made the call after the Presidency told SUNDAY PUNCH on Friday that it was not under any obligation to implement the probe report that indicted Oduah.

A very reliable source in the Presidency told one of our correspondents on Friday that the President was not legally bound to act on the recommendations.

The source said if Jonathan had wanted to act on the report, he would not have bothered to set up a three-man administrative panel headed by a former Head of Service of the Federation, Mr. Sali Bello, to probe the same matter.

He stated that the President knew from inception that a lot of interests would play out in the House of Representatives probe, hence his decision to set up his own probe panel.

He said, “I am sure you are aware that the President also set up an administrative panel to probe this matter.

“If he has confidence in the House of Representatives probe and is duty-bound to implement its resolution, he would not have bothered to set up a separate probe panel.

“The position of this government from inception has been that the resolutions of the National Assembly should be seen strictly as what they are: they are simply advisory and the President is not legally bound to implement them.

“Let us all wait for the President’s administrative panel to conclude its work and see whether he will implement the report or not.”

The House, however, expressed no surprise about the Presidency’s alleged disposition to its recommendations.

“It is the duty of the Executive to implement reports; if they say they will not implement, it is left to Nigerians to judge,” House spokesman, Mr. Zakari Mohammed, said.

“In plenary, we shall take a formal position on the matter. We will respond to the Presidency appropriately. We would have been surprised if they accepted to implement the report.”

Mohammed further accused the Presidency of deliberately shunning the House resolutions.

“There are 36 bills passed by the National Assembly awaiting presidential assent, which has not been done. They don’t act on our resolutions; that we know. It is left to Nigerians to judge; it is their turn to decide,” he said.

http://www.punchng.com/news/oduah-scandal-jonathan-may-shun-house-report/
Re: Oduah: Jonathan May Shun House Report by Nobody: 5:59am On Nov 10, 2013
grin grin grin grin

Punch!! Punch!! Na only Oduah una won take sell una papaers!! If una no get any other news make una close down.

18 Likes

Re: Oduah: Jonathan May Shun House Report by gratieao: 6:05am On Nov 10, 2013
Any president that acts on a politically motivated report is clueless. The president is right in empaneling his own committee to report to him on the crises instead of accepting the report of the house committee that only last week interviewed the aviation minister. This is the same house that said Amaechi was right in flying a plane without documentation. This house report was rushed through and tastes like half baked bread. The presidential committee report will guide the president’s actions on this matter not the half baked report from the house.
BTW: Punch continue to future the Odua in your daily report. Let me tell you that Ada Ndigbo is going know where. Two days ago you manged to report how N3.8 Billion meant for pensioners in Oyo state was stolen by few people from the state and for about 30 mins the report hit online, you removed it and did not allow people to comment on it. Punch is this fair? We want to hear what really happened to N3.8Billion Naira for just a state just as you are reporting the Odua case. You have tried Dazieani, you failed, you Tried Ngozi Okonjo Iweala, You failed. You are also going to fail in this your pull them down syndrome from a section of the country. We are watching

40 Likes

Re: Oduah: Jonathan May Shun House Report by gratieao: 6:09am On Nov 10, 2013
chukwudi44: grin grin grin grin

Punch!! Punch!! Na only Oduah una won take sell una papaers!! If una no get any other news make una close down.
Don't mind those ewedu infested brain reporters. They must surely fail in all their plans, infact, no weapon formed against Igbo ministers shall prosper

17 Likes

Re: Oduah: Jonathan May Shun House Report by Wsdm: 6:14am On Nov 10, 2013
Can you see how hopeless the house of reps spoke man has spoken? " it is now left for Nigerians to act". Act in what form? By taking to the street and be gunned down? We have elected you people to represent us . If you can't do so why are you still taking so much salaries and allowances for ZERO jobs?
Who made Nigeria president so powerful? We have to start reviewing our laws to reduce the presidential power, lest it will fall in the hand of a MAD MAN.

6 Likes

Re: Oduah: Jonathan May Shun House Report by Akshow: 6:29am On Nov 10, 2013

typical, forget d msg and facts of the matter, attack the msg bearer and source. If it were Sahara reporters u will rave and rant and cry witch hunting, now it is Punch its still same victim mentality. Pray, is any Newspaper that reports abt igbo now anti igbo? The funny thing is that u pple quickly jump to quote same newspapers when it has nothing to do with igbos but cry fake and junk journalism when the situation is reversed. Hypocrites!!!

40 Likes

Re: Oduah: Jonathan May Shun House Report by Nobody: 6:30am On Nov 10, 2013
Go and check the so-called 36 bills passed by the national assembly,then you realise how useless this people are.

6 Likes

Re: Oduah: Jonathan May Shun House Report by LajaLaba: 9:23am On Nov 10, 2013
gratieao:
Don't mind those ewedu infested brain reporters. They must surely fail in all their plans, infact, no weapon faction against any Igbo minister shall prosper
The ranting of an Illiterate.....Read what u wrote again..No brainer

16 Likes

Re: Oduah: Jonathan May Shun House Report by mooregan(m): 10:28am On Nov 10, 2013
Why are d assuming what the president may or may not do?? Must una always publish?

2 Likes

Re: Oduah: Jonathan May Shun House Report by owolabifunke14(f): 10:28am On Nov 10, 2013
If she was found guilty,kick her out nobody is above the law.

3 Likes

Re: Oduah: Jonathan May Shun House Report by nagoma(m): 10:30am On Nov 10, 2013
gratieao:
Don't mind those ewedu infested brain reporters. They must surely fail in all their plans, infact, no weapon faction against any Igbo minister shall prosper

So foolish sad

14 Likes

Re: Oduah: Jonathan May Shun House Report by Manred0(m): 10:33am On Nov 10, 2013

Well, not suprise a typical Inyamiri talkn. angry

7 Likes

Re: Oduah: Jonathan May Shun House Report by Greaaat: 10:33am On Nov 10, 2013
Re: Oduah: Jonathan May Shun House Report by wagecomet: 10:33am On Nov 10, 2013
Nigerians are unbelieveable, imagine folks supporting ms Oduah's corrupt practices. Why won't BH kill ur brodas n sistas n even have growing nos of followers, why won't militants and kidnappers grow in number, cos for me Oduah & co are worst than those BH & KIDNAPPERS. Cos our politician don't get tired of probing us of our destiny. Shame on this country!!!

22 Likes

Re: Oduah: Jonathan May Shun House Report by AMAKAVIOLA: 10:34am On Nov 10, 2013
D 36 bills includes d underage marriage n its lik.
Well!!! It tink Jona s wise... Not listenin 2 politicali doomd fellows.
Finali I dey hail all d tribal biggots

2 Likes

Re: Oduah: Jonathan May Shun House Report by 9jii(m): 10:35am On Nov 10, 2013
gratieao: Any president that acts on a politically motivated report is clueless. The president is right in empaneling his own committee to report to him on the crises instead of accepting the report of the house committee that only last week interviewed the aviation minister. This is the same house that said Amaechi was right in flying a plane without documentation. This house report was rushed through and tastes like half baked bread. The presidential committee report will guide the president’s actions on this matter not the half baked report from the house.
BTW: Punch continue to future the Odua in your daily report. Let me tell you that Ada Ndigbo is going know where. Two days ago you manged to report how N3.8 Billion meant for pensioners in Oyo state was stolen by few people from the state and for about 30 mins the report hit online, you removed it and did not allow people to comment on it. Punch is this fair? We want to hear what really happened to N3.8Billion Naira for just a state just as you are reporting the Odua case. You have tried Dazieani, you failed, you Tried Ngozi Okonjo Iweala, You failed. You are also going to fail in this your pull them down syndrome from a section of the country. We are watching

its so sad to see a lot of guys here are siding with wrong doers,just because of tribalism.

In fact its a real backwardness.

20 Likes

Re: Oduah: Jonathan May Shun House Report by Controversy: 10:35am On Nov 10, 2013
Re: Oduah: Jonathan May Shun House Report by lacasa: 10:35am On Nov 10, 2013
wagecomet: Nigerians are unbelieveable, imagine folks supporting ms Oduah's corrupt practices. Why won't BH kill ur brodas n sistas n even have growing nos of followers, why won't militants and kidnappers grow in number, cos for me Oduah & co are worst than those BH & KIDNAPPERS. Cos our politician don't get tired of probing us of our destiny. Shame on this country!!!

Gospel truth!

4 Likes

Re: Oduah: Jonathan May Shun House Report by Brimmie(m): 10:36am On Nov 10, 2013
Im out of here!
Re: Oduah: Jonathan May Shun House Report by wagecomet: 10:36am On Nov 10, 2013
Man red_0: Well, not suprise a typical Inyamiri talkn. angry
Am an Inyamiri, but im lovin ur comment a thousand times. Don't mind my foolish brother n sisters. If u check prop

1 Like

Re: Oduah: Jonathan May Shun House Report by Big4wig(m): 10:37am On Nov 10, 2013
Na their way na,all of dem na thieves jor mtshww,pls read below & see how i almost died.

I'm tired of this Dettol Adverts, children nowadays believe there are Germs everywhere.... My 5 yr old Nephew goes around with a Dettol can in his pocket. He Sprinkles his friends before he plays with them..... Sprinkles his books before reading..... This morning, my tea and bread tasted awful...I Took a few sips n bites before I realized my Nephew had poured Dettol in my Breakfast to kill germs.... If my nephew doesn't kill me,who will?

#BIGWIG

5 Likes

Re: Oduah: Jonathan May Shun House Report by nerodenero: 10:37am On Nov 10, 2013
gratieao:
I see,read,want to comprehend,I no fit and just waka pass because you no make sense.

3 Likes

Re: Oduah: Jonathan May Shun House Report by Dygeasy(m): 10:39am On Nov 10, 2013
gratieao:

6 Likes

Re: Oduah: Jonathan May Shun House Report by eluquenson(m): 10:40am On Nov 10, 2013
Why won't he cos we all know the truth tongue

1 Like

Re: Oduah: Jonathan May Shun House Report by gratieao: 10:42am On Nov 10, 2013
Laja Laba: The ranting of an Illiterate.....Read what u wrote again..No brainer
That's typo error bro. Face the topic if you have any meaningful contribution

3 Likes

Re: Oduah: Jonathan May Shun House Report by fasho01(m): 10:42am On Nov 10, 2013
I wonder why this thread has been derailed.

Anyways let's wait for the outcome of the presidential probe panel before jumping into conclusion
Re: Oduah: Jonathan May Shun House Report by nerodenero: 10:43am On Nov 10, 2013
Mr.President has four wives namely the High Chief-Madam Dame,NNPC Diezani,Madam Ngozi Iweala and Madam Needful.These four women are like the middle pillar behind all Jonathan's escapadecheesycheesycheesy.Divorce isn't in Mr.President's dictionary.Having said that,Jonathan should know that corruption is one major reasons we are where we are today.As I have always said,kill corruption and Nigeria will be paradise on earth.

8 Likes

Re: Oduah: Jonathan May Shun House Report by Manred0(m): 10:44am On Nov 10, 2013
wagecomet:
Am an Inyamiri, but im lovin ur comment a thousand times. Don't mind my foolish brother n sisters. If u check prop
God bless u my brother. Just dont know wats wrong wit tinkn faculty of some people.

1 Like

Re: Oduah: Jonathan May Shun House Report by eluquenson(m): 10:45am On Nov 10, 2013
wagecomet: Nigerians are unbelieveable, imagine folks supporting ms Oduah's corrupt practices . Why won't BH kill ur brodas n sistas n even have growing nos of followers, why won't militants and kidnappers grow in number, cos for me Oduah & co are worst than those BH & KIDNAPPERS . Cos our politician don't get tired of probing us of our destiny. Shame on this country!!!

God will deliver us from all these stealers of our destiny, they are all cannibals & hyenas eating up the flesh of this country.
Wrath of God will befall them all & their pros.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FG Shuts IDP Camps In Yobe, Adamawa / Osinbajo To Visit Manufacturing Firms In Anambra / Nigeria Hijacked By Men With No Ideas — Sule Lamido

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.