Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,894 members, 7,817,628 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:53 PM

Oduah Scandal: Jonathan May Shun House Report - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oduah Scandal: Jonathan May Shun House Report (884 Views)

Arms Scandal: Jonathan’s Govt Spent Billions, Abused Trust – Buhari / Oduah: Jonathan May Shun House Report / House Report Demands Oduah’s Sack (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Oduah Scandal: Jonathan May Shun House Report by Nobody: 8:14am On Nov 10, 2013
President Goodluck Jonathan and the House of
Representatives may clash over the probe into
the purchase of two bulletproof cars for the
Minister of Aviation, Ms Stella Oduah, by the
Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority.
SUNDAY PUNCH learnt that Jonathan had no
intention of acting on the recommendation of the
House committee that probed the scandal.
The NCAA had reportedly paid about N255m for
the two bulletproof BMW 760 Li cars. While
appearing before the House of Representatives
Committee on Aviation in Abuja on Thursday, the
NCAA admitted that the Ministry of Aviation
approved the purchase of the cars for Oduah.
But Oduah had denied any wrongdoing, but
blamed her aides and the acting Director General
of the NCAA for the scandal.
The House had recommended that Jonathan
should sack the minister for exceeding the official
limit in approving the purchase of the two
bulletproof cars while sanctions were also
recommended for the former acting Director
General of NCAA, Nkemakolam Joyce, and the
agency’s Director of Finance, Salawu Ozigi.
The panel also reportedly sought for the
immediate termination of a loan agreement of
N643, 088,25 to finance the purchase of 54
vehicles (including the armoured vehicles)
between the NCAA and the First Bank of Nigeria;
Coscharis Motors Limited is to be asked to refund
the N255m meant for the bulletproof vehicles
while the Economic and Financial Crimes
Commission should investigate the company for
alleged abuse of waivers.
It also called on Nigerians to mount necessary
pressure to ensure the probe of Oduah. It made
the call after the Presidency told SUNDAY PUNCH
on Friday that it was not under any obligation to
implement the probe report that indicted Oduah.
A very reliable source in the Presidency told one
of our correspondents on Friday that the
President was not legally bound to act on the
recommendations.
The source said if Jonathan had wanted to act on
the report, he would not have bothered to set up
a three-man administrative panel headed by a
former Head of Service of the Federation, Mr. Sali
Bello, to probe the same matter.
He stated that the President knew from inception
that a lot of interests would play out in the House
of Representatives probe, hence his decision to
set up his own probe panel.
He said, “I am sure you are aware that the
President also set up an administrative panel to
probe this matter.
“If he has confidence in the House of
Representatives probe and is duty-bound to
implement its resolution, he would not have
bothered to set up a separate probe panel.
“The position of this government from inception
has been that the resolutions of the National
Assembly should be seen strictly as what they
are: they are simply advisory and the President is
not legally bound to implement them.
“Let us all wait for the President’s administrative
panel to conclude its work and see whether he
will implement the report or not.”
The House, however, expressed no surprise
about the Presidency’s alleged disposition to its
recommendations.
“It is the duty of the Executive to implement
reports; if they say they will not implement, it is
left to Nigerians to judge,” House spokesman, Mr.
Zakari Mohammed, said.
“In plenary, we shall take a formal position on the
matter. We will respond to the Presidency
appropriately. We would have been surprised if
they accepted to implement the report.”
Mohammed further accused the Presidency of
deliberately shunning the House resolutions.
“There are 36 bills passed by the National
Assembly awaiting presidential assent, which has
not been done. They don’t act on our resolutions;
that we know. It is left to Nigerians to judge; it is
their turn to decide,” he said.

www.punchng.com/news/oduah-scandal-jonathan-may-shun-house-report/
Re: Oduah Scandal: Jonathan May Shun House Report by bigtt76(f): 8:20am On Nov 10, 2013
What's happening to Farcrook and Otedollar's case in the House? Not worthy of mention? #idiots
Re: Oduah Scandal: Jonathan May Shun House Report by Nobody: 8:22am On Nov 10, 2013
That should be expected....this is a goverment that is corruption-friendly 100%, as long as your bring something to the table for GEJ 2015 ambition.

1 Like

Re: Oduah Scandal: Jonathan May Shun House Report by Nobody: 8:29am On Nov 10, 2013
A junior minister in Ghana was sacked immediately just for dreaming how to make a million dollars. No committee or report panel was set up to investigate the careless statement made by the minister. Meanwhile, in Nigeria, it is a different ball game entirely!
Jonathan,you need to grow more baalls to fight corruption embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Oduah Scandal: Jonathan May Shun House Report by Nobody: 8:31am On Nov 10, 2013
I don't believe Jonathan can sack Oduah. Only an EFCC indictment can compel Jonathan to remove her from office.
Re: Oduah Scandal: Jonathan May Shun House Report by RoyalRoy(m): 8:35am On Nov 10, 2013
berem:

Which ballzz is he growing?

The dead and shrivelled one?

He has no ballzz in the. first place .

A leader who is easily manipulated like a toy doll by surbodinates and hangers on.

####****i laugh in gangnam style****###

1 Like

Re: Oduah Scandal: Jonathan May Shun House Report by Akshow: 8:45am On Nov 10, 2013
bigtt76: What's happening to Farcrook and Otedollar's case in the House? Not worthy of mention? #idiots
stop the silly childish finger pointing abeg, its getting over used. them say u steal u de point ur neighbour as thief without first clarifying ursef. i wonder how some of u reason sha
Re: Oduah Scandal: Jonathan May Shun House Report by oshyno(m): 8:53am On Nov 10, 2013
First Punch got a leaked report of the probe somedays ago. Now Punch said the "presidency" said ....

This is all but one thing: To put GEJ in a defense position he will try to prove PUNCH wrong by acting on the report.

In as much as corruption shouldnt be condoned , Punch or vested interest shud not be preempting GEJ actions.

3 Likes

Re: Oduah Scandal: Jonathan May Shun House Report by femogbangba: 9:09am On Nov 10, 2013
Anyone expecting Jonathan to address corrupt practises in his administration must be a fantasist.

GEJ is a corrupt, lazy and clueless man. Lets accept our fate till 2015 when we boot him and shepopotamus out of aso rock

2 Likes

Re: Oduah Scandal: Jonathan May Shun House Report by Ozonna(m): 9:17am On Nov 10, 2013
Before opening this thread, I said to myself that this must be Punch......

And I wasn't disappointed. So predictable.
Re: Oduah Scandal: Jonathan May Shun House Report by Nobody: 9:32am On Nov 10, 2013
Ozonna: Before opening this thread, I said to myself that this must be Punch......

you will be more disappointed when he is booted out of office in 2015.
Re: Oduah Scandal: Jonathan May Shun House Report by collynzo2(m): 9:33am On Nov 10, 2013
berem: A junior minister in Ghana was sacked immediately just for dreaming how to make a million dollars. No committee or report panel was set up to investigate the careless statement made by the minister. Meanwhile, in Nigeria, it is a different ball game entirely!
Shut the fûcking fûck up! Get your facts right before spouting drivel. Below is one of my revealing posts on that thread.
collynzo2: Here is a transcript of the leaked conversation.
http://m.peacefmonline.com/pages/politics/politics/201311/179920.php
Some of the key issues:
* She suggested the president, through one of his appointees, met with the judges before the supreme court ruling and got the verdict in their favour.

* She claimed one of the female ministers slept with several men from the ruling party before getting her ministerial appointment.

* She said she had a target of $1 million to make in her political career.

Now which of these three issues is a more powerful reason to sack her from the president's point of view. People judge! I am out.

4 Likes

Re: Oduah Scandal: Jonathan May Shun House Report by dridowu: 10:52am On Nov 10, 2013
Am not surprise cos am so sure she will be retained, so all ds abnormal gragra has turn to norm in my con3. Jonathan will only sack dos dat are not working towards 2015 , work towards 2015 and consider ur job safe

1 Like

Re: Oduah Scandal: Jonathan May Shun House Report by Nobody: 11:01am On Nov 10, 2013
Ozonna: Before opening this thread, I said to myself that this must be Punch......

Not surprising from an Ozonna....so predictable too..
Re: Oduah Scandal: Jonathan May Shun House Report by joseph1832(m): 12:53am On Nov 11, 2013
collynzo2: Shut the fûcking fûck up! Get your facts right before spouting drivel. Below is one of my revealing posts on that thread.
All the more reason why she should be sacked! From all what you posted it's pretty lucid that she sure is one corrupt woman!.
Re: Oduah Scandal: Jonathan May Shun House Report by joseph1832(m): 12:55am On Nov 11, 2013
From this whole saga I will not be surprised if Oduah walk away scud free. It has happen before and it sure will happen again!.
Re: Oduah Scandal: Jonathan May Shun House Report by OAM4J: 11:45am On Nov 11, 2013

(1)

The Assassination Market For World Leaders / Anambra Election Fallout: Nwoye To Dump PDP And Join APC! / Trouble In Goan Paradise As Africans Beaten And Harassed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.