Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,826 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:37 PM

Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? (15411 Views)

Why Did God Allow The Holocaust / Why Did God Send Satan To Earth??? / Why Does God Allow Evil ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? by InvertedHammer: 11:24pm On Nov 10, 2013
rudedough: Scientific Logic: is the wall wet? (Yes/No)
Man goes to wall, touch it, says yes the wall is wet.

Religious Logic: Who is God?
Omini-present, Omini-potent, awesome, forgiving, strong, mighty, blah blah bhla.

Where is he? In heaven

Where is heaven? Far up

Scientists went as far as Mars, no sign of God.

So where the hell is God? You'll see him when you die.

Dead people don't talk, so who's to confirm his existence?

Never mind, just pay your tithes and offering and you'll have a place in his kingdom. grin grin

I wonder how Christians buy these $hits

//
Religion is like toys. Toys are used to distract children while important events are taking place.
//

1 Like

Re: Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? by Nobody: 4:26am On Nov 11, 2013
Shitty Things
Re: Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? by martinkem(m): 5:57am On Nov 11, 2013
doubleDx: Yeah, because the LORD is purifying his servants in the furnace of affliction! You can't just make it to heaven without being purified.

Isaiah 48:10 New King James Version (NKJV)

Behold, I have refined you, but not as silver; I have tested you in the furnace of affliction.

Psalm 34:19 {King James Version (KJV)}

Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the Lord delivereth him out of them all.

Psalm 66:10-12 King James Version (KJV)

10 For thou, O God, hast proved us: thou hast tried us, as silver is tried. 11 Thou broughtest us into the net; thou laidst affliction upon our loins. 12 Thou hast caused men to ride over our heads; we went through fire and through water: but thou broughtest us out into a wealthy place.

Zechariah 13:9 (New King James Version (NKJV))

I will bring the one–third through the fire, Will refine them as silver is refined, And test them as gold is tested. They will call on My name, And I will answer them. I will say, ‘This is My people’; And each one will say, ‘The Lord is my God.’” <<<<< This here is the affliction that will follow after WW3.<<<<<

Matthew 24:22 King James Version (KJV)

And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened. <<<<<< So, the days of the affliction would be shortened for the sake of the LORD's elect who are going to be the remnants after WW3<<<<<<

YAHAWEH BE PRAISED IN OBADIAH777's LANGUAGE grin!!

SO BASICALLY WHAT YOU ARE SAYING CAN BE PARAPHRASED INTO "GOD LIKES TO SEE US SUFFER FIRST"
Re: Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? by MEILYN(m): 6:44am On Nov 11, 2013
martinkem:

SO BASICALLY WHAT YOU ARE SAYING CAN BE PARAPHRASED INTO "GOD LIKES TO SEE US SUFFER FIRST"
grin grin Galatians 6 vs 7.

Behold, I have refined you, but not as silver; I have tested you in the furnace of affliction.

Hope u understand bro?

3 Likes

Re: Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? by Jilo83(m): 7:23am On Nov 11, 2013
If there is no evil u will not appreciate good. If there is no satan u will not regard God.
Re: Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? by MAYOWAAK: 8:59am On Nov 11, 2013
People react by repeating the "teachings" on the devil, but fact is, when you observe the way he is portrayed, you will see that it is exactly as you say. For example, they tell you the devil is not omnipresent, but they acknowledge him to be active everywhere. You ask them, and they tell you he dashes back and forth. Lie!
They tell you the devil is not omniscient. But they acknowledge him to thwart even the plans in your mind that you have not expressed. You ask them, and they tell you he is old enough to guess.
The devil is somehow able to make things go bad all the time but God seems to be slow in correcting things.

I can conclude strictly based on popular sentiments and perceptions, that the Devil is God's alter ego. That is what the evidence shows if you go by people's portrayals of both and popular sentiments of both.
For example, He is everywhere (just like God), knows everything, (just like God) so you have to pray against him in everything, makes men do what he wants, controls men in every way (unlike God), is present in every situation (like God) for bad, affects all situations (unlike God) negatively, has strength to undo and spoil every plan (like God's omnipotence), is able to kill at will (even when God can't keep those people alive), etc etc.
When I sat down and asked myself, who else can be this all powerful and all pervasive, I could only think of God. Only God has all those attributes and can do all these things. So it is evident that from popular perception, he can only be God's alter ego!

2 Likes

Re: Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? by profitlift: 9:19am On Nov 11, 2013
HE is called Kabiesi (i.e Unquestionable). Also read Romans 9: 20-22

Rather than maintaining a -ve impression, shift to +ve impression like the other malefactor on the cross (Luke 23: 39-43)

Also read Read Romans 9: 15-16

God bless.
Re: Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? by Nobody: 9:28am On Nov 11, 2013
MEILYN: grin grin Galatians 6 vs 7.

Hope u understand bro?

Thank you Chief MEILYN for giving him that precept! top of the morning to you sire grin grin

martinkem:

The LORD created you with free will (The ability to choose between good and evil) and he wants you to choose to LOVE him even in the furnace of great affliction, fire, long-suffering and he will save you! He loves you so much but you have to prove to him that you will LOVE him too, no matter the condition! Then affliction would not rise again!

Nahum 1:9 King James Version (KJV)

What do ye imagine against the Lord? he will make an utter end: affliction shall not rise up the second time.

Matthew 24:13 King James Version (KJV)

But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved. <<<<<< This here is talking about the affliction that is gonna come after WW3, you will be tested through the fire and long-suffering; and he that endure to the end shall be saved.

2 Likes

Re: Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? by MostHigh: 11:58am On Nov 11, 2013
rudedough:

grin grin grin grin
I've said this many times, leave that book called the bible and embrace Scientific books.

If Moses should come back to life and see an iPhone, he'd be amazed at the wonders of Science

The are drawings of helicopters and submarines in ancient egyptian reliefs.smiley

Ever wonderd what timeline they came from?

Nothing new under the sun, and also the technological race is the most primitive seeing that without thier technology they cannot survive.

3 Likes

Re: Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? by MostHigh: 12:00pm On Nov 11, 2013
martinkem:

Human reasoning has its limitations.

Natural inteligence is limited as well

inspiration is the most powerfull thing ever.

3 Likes

Re: Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? by Nobody: 12:12pm On Nov 11, 2013
MostHigh:

The are drawings of helicopters and submarines in ancient egyptian reliefs.smiley

Nothing new under the sun, and also the technological race is the most primitive seeing that without thier technology they cannot survive.

There are human robotic prototypes in our world today. Does that mean that we have robots with human intelligence now? NO!

Anybody with a pen and paper / computer / sculpture skill can create a fictional prototype of anything. Same way those wall drawings were made from the Egyptian empires.

Technology advances as humans develop, not that there were helicopters and submarines then. Not true.
Re: Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? by MostHigh: 12:18pm On Nov 11, 2013
rudedough:

There are human robotic prototypes in our world today. Does that mean that we have robots with human intelligence now? NO!

Anybody with a pen and paper / computer / sculpture skill can create a fictional prototype of anything. Same way those wall drawings were made from the Egyptian empires.

Technology advances as humans develop, not that there were helicopters and submarines then. Not true.

I am talking about technology that existed way before the time of the eygyptians

Ever heard of the fable of Atlantis. smiley
Re: Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? by Nobody: 12:21pm On Nov 11, 2013
MostHigh:

I am talking about technology that existed way before the time of the eygyptians

Ever heard of the fable of Atlantis. smiley

And we were talking about Christ not technology. grin
Re: Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? by MostHigh: 12:26pm On Nov 11, 2013
rudedough:

And we were talking about Christ not technology. grin

"If Moses should come back to life and see an iPhone, he'd be amazed at the wonders of Science"

I Was only responding to your statement above.smiley

2 Likes

Re: Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? by Nobody: 12:35pm On Nov 11, 2013
MostHigh:

Top of the afternoon bro most High! Nothing new under the sun....

Ecclesiastes 1:9 King James Version (KJV)

The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.

The tower of babel will soon collapse any way. World peace ko world piss ni grin

1 Thessalonians 5:3 King James Version (KJV)

For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.

2 Likes

Re: Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? by Nobody: 12:40pm On Nov 11, 2013
MostHigh:

"If Moses should come back to life and see an iPhone, he'd be amazed at the wonders of Science"

I Was only responding to your statement above.smiley

grin grin Don't u think he will be amazed? All I am saying is that Science is realistic while the Jesus and God thing is just science fiction.
Re: Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? by MostHigh: 12:57pm On Nov 11, 2013
doubleDx:

Top of the afternoon bro most High! Nothing new under the sun....

Ecclesiastes 1:9 King James Version (KJV)

The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.

The tower of babel will soon collapse any way. World peace ko world piss ni grin

1 Thessalonians 5:3 King James Version (KJV)

For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.

Top of the day to you my brother. smiley

Sire thats the point I was trying to pass across to the mansmiley nothing new under the sun at all at all.

The tower already crash land Sire, now its judgement time

1 Like

Re: Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? by Demainman1: 1:09pm On Nov 11, 2013
Jilo83: If there is no evil u will not appreciate good. If there is no satan u will not regard God.

If there is NO EVIL, WE WILL NOT KNOW ANY DIFFERENT. As the saying goes 'What you don't know will not kill you'.

By the way, I believe in heaven there will be no satan. Are you saying we will not have regard for God in heaven?
Re: Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? by Nobody: 2:02pm On Nov 11, 2013
@op

God did not predestine Adam, Eve and Satan, so He didnt know they will rebell. God is omniscience, but He is inherently so not total.

What we face is as a result of the actions of our parents. that is why God allowed us to suffer cos we rebelled.
Re: Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? by Nobody: 2:37pm On Nov 11, 2013
MostHigh:

Top of the day to you my brother. smiley

Sire thats the point I was trying to pass across to the mansmiley nothing new under the sun at all at all.

The tower already crash land Sire, now its judgement time

Yeah, judgement time it is....but it will crash "technologically"! their pride and achievements would never make it into the Kingdom of the most High grin grin Everything would be made new to the glory of his name!

2 Likes

Re: Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? by UyiIredia(m): 4:23pm On Nov 11, 2013
texanomaly:
Obadiah777 is one of the NL characters I just gotta meet. He may well be one of the most interesting and colorful people I will meet in this life. wink

An online persona may differ hugely from that of its actual owner.

1 Like

Re: Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? by Xfactoria: 4:29pm On Nov 11, 2013
Well... to everyone questioning the existence of God, I think you should have your head checked. Why would anyone believe science which says that everything in the world came about by chance/mistake/big bang. Which of the scientists who made the guess witnessed the big bang? How come they are now correct? What caused big bang? How come evolution stopped at man? Where does the wind come from? I don't necessarily think science is wrong in describing to us what happened during creation but I think they just stubbornly fail to acknowledge that the orderliness and complexity of creation is by a grand design of a supernatural force which is God.

I'm not a christian today because I understand every rationale behind what God does. I am a christian and believer in the existence of God because when I look around me to observe his creatures, they amaze me. They are so orderly, perfect and purposeful and I'm convinced that it must have taken a supernatural being whose wisdom transcends ours. The truth is, if you agree that the world and the wisdom of creation are the works of God, then no man should be able to explain God through and through with his own wisdom. I don't think that supernatural being is a linear logical thinker like men that he created. Even science cannot exhaustively explain nature; the creatures of God, let alone come close to disprove God.

The bible says in Romans 11 vs 33: "O for the depth of riches, both of the wisdom and knowledge of God. How unsearchable are His judgments, His ways are past finding out". So if you would only believe God exists when you find somebody to answer all your questions, then goodluck to you.

1 Like

Re: Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? by Nobody: 4:32pm On Nov 11, 2013
MEILYN: lwkmd... Hahaha.
Ishi and Nnamdi Azikiwe were high school classmates. thats how old she is grin

1 Like

Re: Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? by texanomaly(f): 4:40pm On Nov 11, 2013
@ Iredia

True...Although what you read is what you get with me.

I would like to ask some questions in person though. This chatting online thing is not as fun for me as real life is. I would like to have a group discussion in real life. Maybe I'm the only one who wants to actually speak to a person anymore. Surely I'm not.

1 Like

Re: Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? by Nobody: 4:46pm On Nov 11, 2013
gratieao:
If God knew that Satan would rebel and Adam and Eve would sin, why did He create them?
its a good question. we are in a matrix created by God. the world is a stage and we are the actors. we are in a game show. i know it sounds crazy but we are in somewhat of a game show. winner takes all. and the winner is based on righteousness. to be able to participate in this show you need two natures. a satanic and a godly nature. the ability not to sin and the ability to sin

job 12 vs 16 With him is strength and wisdom: the deceived and the deceiver are his.
<<<< satan belongs to God

revelation 4 vs 11 Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created. <<< its a game show. we were created for his pleasure

isaiah 46 vs 10 Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure: <<<< he will do his pleasure

2 Likes

Re: Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? by Nobody: 4:51pm On Nov 11, 2013
texanomaly: @ Iredia

True...Although what you read is what you get with me.

I would like to ask some questions in person though. This chatting online thing is not as fun for me as real life is. I would like to have a group discussion in real life. Maybe I'm the only one who wants to actually speak to a person anymore. Surely I'm not.
yeah I am pretty much the same although I am not the crazy nut job that most think I am on nairaland. i am quite sane. i think. lol. even if i do say so myself lol. grin
Re: Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? by texanomaly(f): 5:28pm On Nov 11, 2013
obadiah777: yeah I am pretty much the same although I am not the crazy nut job that most think I am on nairaland. i am quite sane. i think. lol. even if i do say so myself lol. grin

@ the bolded

Lolz...noted grin wink I'll keep that in mind.

1 Like

Re: Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? by Ishilove: 5:36pm On Nov 11, 2013
obadiah777: Ishi and Nnamdi Azikiwe were high school classmates. thats how old she is grin
You gat jokes smiley
Re: Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? by Ishilove: 5:44pm On Nov 11, 2013
obadiah777: yeah I am pretty much the same although I am not the crazy nut job that most think I am on nairaland. i am quite sane. i think. lol. even if i do say so myself lol. grin
You kid yourself. Here's the avatar selected specially for you by striktylymi himself cheesy :

striktlymi: GLADIATOR 8: https://www.nairaland.com/obadiah777 aka The prophet

PROFILE:

Time registered: June 16, 2006 as Buzugee

Religious/Irreligious affiliation: 'Jewish Christian'

You've been inducted into the Hall of Fame, by the way grin

www.nairaland.com/1510887/religion-section-hall-fame-2013
Re: Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? by Ishilove: 5:47pm On Nov 11, 2013
Imo, they should remove the sword and replace it with a bell. Woli tinz grin grin
Re: Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? by frank317: 8:20pm On Nov 11, 2013
MAYOWAAK: People react by repeating the "teachings" on the devil, but fact is, when you observe the way he is portrayed, you will see that it is exactly as you say. For example, they tell you the devil is not omnipresent, but they acknowledge him to be active everywhere. You ask them, and they tell you he dashes back and forth. Lie!
They tell you the devil is not omniscient. But they acknowledge him to thwart even the plans in your mind that you have not expressed. You ask them, and they tell you he is old enough to guess.
The devil is somehow able to make things go bad all the time but God seems to be slow in correcting things.

I can conclude strictly based on popular sentiments and perceptions, that the Devil is God's alter ego. That is what the evidence shows if you go by people's portrayals of both and popular sentiments of both.
For example, He is everywhere (just like God), knows everything, (just like God) so you have to pray against him in everything, makes men do what he wants, controls men in every way (unlike God), is present in every situation (like God) for bad, affects all situations (unlike God) negatively, has strength to undo and spoil every plan (like God's omnipotence), is able to kill at will (even when God can't keep those people alive), etc etc.
When I sat down and asked myself, who else can be this all powerful and all pervasive, I could only think of God. Only God has all those attributes and can do all these things. So it is evident that from popular perception, he can only be God's alter ego!

Mnnn... Real food for thought
Re: Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? by MEILYN(m): 8:51pm On Nov 11, 2013
Ishilove: Imo, they should remove the sword and replace it with a bell. Woli tinz grin grin
laffing my eyes off. grin grin. You don turn Obadiah to Cele?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

David Oyedepo Celebrates His 64th Birthday Today / "Touch NOT My Anointed..." What Does It Really Mean? / Atheism Is A Religion: Kolooyinbo Explains.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.