Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,679 members, 7,809,574 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:28 AM

Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? (15397 Views)

Why Did God Allow The Holocaust / Why Did God Send Satan To Earth??? / Why Does God Allow Evil ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? by Oghieme: 12:14pm On Nov 10, 2013
Why questioning GOD?
Re: Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? by Secularist: 12:14pm On Nov 10, 2013
Maximus85: God did not create us like robots. He gave us a free will to choose from wrong or right. Your decision is yours. Obey God or disobey him.

God gave strict warning that Adam and Eve should not go near that tree not to talk of touching it. He even told them what would happen if they this obey him. They chose to disobey him knowing well of the consequences of their action.

Fashola said we must use the pedestrian bridge, evidently its for our own good. But some people would still cross the express. If they get killed....would you blame Fashola for anything? Read Eccl 11:9. You will be judged based on your decision.

I heard someone saying he need to be purified before making heaven.

The Bible says "there will be a new heaven and a new earth in which righteousness is to dwell" if God destroys the planet as they teach you...will he destroy heaven too?

The new heaven has been since Jesus and his angel sent Satan out of heaven, a new earth will be when Satan and his demons are destroyed...only then will righteousness dwell here on earth. Why go to heaven again?

Sometimes i wonder if you guys can actually hear yourselves.

SMH.
Re: Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? by Nobody: 12:16pm On Nov 10, 2013
victorazy: Stvpid question. Ur simply asking why teachers set exams to their students.
OP must be a ......cuz christian cannot ask this kind of question
sharrap dia....who told u a xtian can not ask such questions. I ve been tryin to ask myself this question. So dont fuckin tel us dat a xtian cannot ask. As some intelligent people ve rightly pointed out, this is beyond human understanding. Man is a rational being nd he has right to ask questions. Smtimes wen i ask my colleagues sm questions abt religion dat is bothering me, they would reply nd say "are u sure you are a xtian?" am a xtian ofcourse. I hav a lot of questions to ask God in d end time.
Re: Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? by Secularist: 12:18pm On Nov 10, 2013
harde2lah:
sharrap dia....who told u a xtian can not ask such questions. I ve been tryin to ask myself this question. So dont fuckin tel us dat a xtian cannot ask. As some intelligent people ve rightly pointed out, this is beyond human understanding. Man is a rational being nd he has right to ask questions. Smtimes wen i ask my colleagues sm questions abt religion dat is bothering me, they would reply nd say "are u sure you are a xtian?" am a xtian ofcourse. I hav a lot of questions to ask God in d end time.

SMH.

In other news, i dey find wife O!

grin grin grin
Re: Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? by victorazy(m): 12:22pm On Nov 10, 2013
rudedough:

If Satan was once an angel (Lucifer), Who tempted angel Lucifer to sin when there was no devil or sin back then?

Very gud question

1 Like

Re: Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? by Pukkah: 12:23pm On Nov 10, 2013
@johnsonjosbles:
Becareful how you chalenge God. Human in God's hand are like material in the hand of manufacturers, what ever the product obtaind/destroyed frm the material used r unchalengeable.but suficient God's grace even grantd u privledg to post this trend dnt u think? human wishdom can't answer that questn.

This is another way of using human mind to describe God.

'Don't challenge God' as if God is interested in anyone's challenge.

In trying to explain God, people like you end up belittling Him.

The truth is no human mind really understands God.
Re: Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? by sunkoye: 12:23pm On Nov 10, 2013
1st Adam messed up wen he got salvation on a platter of Gold. Second Adam who is God went tru affliction to save mankind. When His time was up. He advised that we will see affliction and troubles but we should not be afraid cos He has overcome the world.
Re: Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? by elite17: 12:24pm On Nov 10, 2013
gratieao: God is all powerful. Yet He allows Satan to carry out his deceitful and destructive activities
The Bible pictures the whole world under the sway of an invisible devil. Where did he come from? Did God create a devil to tempt us and to lead us astray?
IS THERE a devil? Many people talk about the devil and Satan. Others scoff and say it's just superstition and imagination.

If you ask me i will say that the fault lies with the manufacturer (God)! God allegedly created humans, yet he faults us for being guided by our desires, instincts, and natural tendencies. Since he’s supposedly omniscient, God realized how we were destined to turn from the beginning. He must also have realized that his lament would fuel the urge to destroy his precious creations, only to leave himself back where he started. Even so, he creates Adam, yet hundreds of years later, he drowns nearly all the men (time of Noah), women, and children on the face of the earth because he deliberately chose not to make us to his liking the first time.
Re: Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? by Iceman296: 12:24pm On Nov 10, 2013
Pukkah:

Don't you think that a reasoning like this belittles the concept of 'God'?

Why should God be interested in testing the faith of anyone or the result of such a needless test? Don't forget, God is supposed to know the end from the beginning. What would it benefit God for anyone to pass or fail the faith test?

The truth is that no religion has been able to clearly and comprehensively explain, without contradictions, explain issues like Satan, Paradise, Hell, Original Sin, Forgiveness, Prayers, Predestination, etc.

The explanations are usually rooted in dogmas and are at best mere conjectures from the mortal minds of men.
I Guess you are an Atheist Because no sane Christian would think this.

We are all Tested one way or the other, You just gotta Accept it. Even Our Lord Jesus was tempted too. Its Just a way of God Knowing our Stance in him and what we Can Choose or Sacrifice to be with him.

He is a Jealous God Remember??
Re: Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? by Nobody: 12:26pm On Nov 10, 2013
rudedough:

If Satan was once an angel (Lucifer), Who tempted angel Lucifer to sin when there was no devil or sin back then?
satan is not lucifer. lucifer is a title that means the illuminated or enlightened ones. the bright and morning star. lucifer in the bible is mentioned only once in the book of isaiah the 14th chapter. now if you dedicate time to study that chapter in its entirety, lucifer is not referring to a man but an empire. the empire is BABYLON. this is future prophesy because BABYLON is USA. USA is the lucifer being spoken about in isaiah 14th chapter. so your question is invalid because when AMERICA ( LUCIFER ) started sinning, there was sin rampant all over the world. before USA, there were demonic empires like the greek, medopersian, assyrian, egyptian and ancient babylonian. all demonic empires with their own sinful doctrines and philosophies

1 Like

Re: Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? by texanomaly(f): 12:31pm On Nov 10, 2013
obadiah777: satan is not lucifer. lucifer is a title that means the illuminated or enlightened ones. the bright and morning star. lucifer in the bible is mentioned only once in the book of isaiah the 14th chapter. now if you dedicate time to study that chapter in its entirety, lucifer is not referring to a man but an empire. the empire is BABYLON. this is future prophesy because BABYLON is USA. USA is the lucifer being spoken about in isaiah 14th chapter. so your question is invalid because when AMERICA ( LUCIFER ) started sinning, there was sin rampant all over the world. before USA, there were demonic empires like the greek, medopersian, assyrian, egyptian and ancient babylonian. all demonic empires with their own sinful doctrines and philosophies
Smh...you must be a blast at parties... smiley

2 Likes

Re: Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? by Nobody: 12:35pm On Nov 10, 2013
texanomaly:
oh yes i am. even if i do say so myself lol JK cheesy

to add to the guys points. this is lucifer that was being spoken about in isaiah the 14th chapter

isaiah 14 vs 4 That thou shalt take up this proverb against the king of Babylon, and say, How hath the oppressor ceased! the golden city ceased!
isaiah 14 vs 12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations! BABYLON

1 Like

Re: Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? by victorazy(m): 12:36pm On Nov 10, 2013
harde2lah:

As u rightly said "ur collegues asked if ur a xtian" my brother don't deceive ursef, UR NOT cuz that was a mere qnt every xtian must know. Christianity is not about goin to church my broda is by understanding what ur Father is saying.
Satan is purification agent, is God's tool to make u strong. Ok ask ursef 1. why God created a tree den comand Adam not to touch it and 2. He didn't rebuke Sapent during the temptation and 3. why God did not mention Satan but cuxd Adam, Eve and Snake (u no be xtian)
Re: Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? by Nobody: 12:37pm On Nov 10, 2013
Busieman:

God predestined him. But d why is what I can be sure of.

It's illogical to think that President Goodluck would predestine someone to overthrow his Govt in 2015. Nah!! grin grin This is your own personal assumptions, it's no where to be found in the bible and it's illogical. 0 Mark

No. 2: If Adam and Eve were the only humans on earth, and they gave birth to 3 sons. How did they continue to multiply? Who were their spouse?
Re: Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? by abrafri: 12:40pm On Nov 10, 2013
pals welcome to NAIRALAND christen center
Re: Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? by AdeniyiA(m): 12:43pm On Nov 10, 2013
all of God's creations are still subject to him. Lucifer(honour /glory) -as he was then called, is still unconsciously working for his Creator, he's still an instrument in the hands of God. he serves as God's rod to chasten, tries, propels, examines, activates, n quickens His children. he serves as exams body for God's children. nobody likes exams, but it's needed for promotion, elevation and new level. Devil administers the tests /examination but it's marked by God and we are awarded accordingly. Job in d Bible is a very good example.
The initial purpose of God is to try us and during the course of the trial, we're tempted of the devil e.g Job was tempted to curse God in his condition(trial of faith) , to make us fail.
In summary, no promotion without examination
Re: Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? by Nobody: 12:43pm On Nov 10, 2013
rudedough:

No. 2: If Adam and Eve were the only humans on earth, and they gave birth to 3 sons. How did they continue to multiply? Who were their spouse?
adam is not one man. adam is a nation of people both male and female. they are called adam because they are made from the ground. adam is a description of how they are made. it is from the hebrew word adamah whch means 'from the ground'

genesis 5 vs 2 Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created.

2 Likes

Re: Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? by Nobody: 12:45pm On Nov 10, 2013
obadiah777: oh yes i am. even if i do say so myself lol JK cheesy

to add to the guys points. this is lucifer that was being spoken about in isaiah the 14th chapter

isaiah 14 vs 4 That thou shalt take up this proverb against the king of Babylon, and say, How hath the oppressor ceased! the golden city ceased!
isaiah 14 vs 12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations! BABYLON

If Lucifer is BABYLON and BABYLON is USA. Your bible quotation means USA fell down from heaven.

You really must be fun at parties. grin
Re: Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? by Caseless: 12:46pm On Nov 10, 2013
When devil was about to get evicted as result of his refusal to bow to adam, he asked God for one thing i.e "power" , i mean power to woo or lure people of shaky faith, mislead people and power to enjoy followership frm man. These, God has given to him and God also told him that "u can only mislead those that allow u to". If u are trully for God, devil can never permeate ur heart. U can't be bending religious teachings to favor u and xpect d devil not to find succor in u. Prophet muhammad (s.a.w) was never a victim of devil's antics and he remain the only person the devil cannot assume his shape/form and can never take his 'looks'.
Re: Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? by victorazy(m): 12:46pm On Nov 10, 2013
texanomaly:
And a muslim the head of Lucifer? shocked no wonder!
Re: Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? by Pukkah: 12:47pm On Nov 10, 2013
Iceman296:
I Guess you are an Atheist Because no sane Christian would think this.

We are all Tested one way or the other, You just gotta Accept it. Even Our Lord Jesus was tempted too. Its Just a way of God Knowing our Stance in him and what we Can Choose or Sacrifice to be with him.

He is a Jealous God Remember??

Yes, I'm not a Christian if your definition of a Christian is an unthinking, dogmatic robot who swallows everything that's repeated to him hook, line and sinker and who is not expected to ask questions on ANYTHING.

Yet the Bible encourages people to search for the truth.

Can you see how confused you are?

Why should I even be surprised? It is confusion or a total lack of understanding that would make someone 'rudely' refer to God as a jealous being.

Again, this description is another creation of the human mind. Since men are jealous, then God should also be jealous.

God is above all such notions and emotions of jealously, anger, hatred, selective judgement, faith test, etc.

What is getting obvious is that people like you don't have a clear answer to people"s increasing questions and rather than admit that they don't know, they resort to using their own human, imperfect minds to teach/tell us about God.

Someone even likened God to a teacher while another person compared him to Fasola.

4 Likes

Re: Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? by Pukkah: 12:49pm On Nov 10, 2013
caseless: When devil was about to get evicted as result of his refusal to bow to adam, he asked God for one thing i.e "power" , i mean power to woo or lure people of shaky faith, mislead people and power to enjoy followership frm man. These, God has given to him and God also told him that "u can only mislead those that allow u to". If u are trully for God, devil can never permeate ur heart.

Devil asked for something and God gave it to him?

This explanation is not different from the earlier ones.
Re: Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? by Busieman(m): 12:49pm On Nov 10, 2013
rudedough:

It's illogical to think that President Goodluck would predestine someone to overthrow his Govt in 2015. Nah!! grin grin This is your own personal assumptions, it's no where to be found in the bible and it's illogical. 0 Mark

So why did God create him? Have you forgotten God knows d end from d beginning?
Re: Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? by Nobody: 12:49pm On Nov 10, 2013
rudedough:

If Lucifer is BABYLON and BABYLON is USA. Your bible quotation means USA fell down from heaven.

heaven means 'rulership of the world'. and yes all empires eventually fall from heaven as would babylon which is featured heavily in scriptures because it is the final empire of the gentile era before the empire of God is established on earth. after BABYLON there is no more. wink wink
Re: Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? by sunkoye: 12:50pm On Nov 10, 2013
Pukkah:

This is another way of using human mind to describe God.

'Don't challenge God' as if God is interested in anyone's challenge.

In trying to explain God, people like you end up belittling Him.

The truth is no human mind really understands God.
thank you. The name "God" that God used for Himself was given cos dat is the best way in his wisdom we can wrap our head or understanding of Him. Yet only a pint of Him we know. Every thing we see dat makes us to acknowledge that he is God and Almighty are like a cover up of Who He really is as stated by HabaKuku the prophet. How He will introduce Himself with Angelic generations with higher spiritual understanding is way different for His works in physical realm. I shivers wen I think of Father. I remember the mighty angels that visited daniel. With the angelic powerful presence daniel fainted and could not talk. This is the type of being that fit our own immaginations of what God can be or look like. But see, this is the same angel that would beg us saying" NEARER UNTO MY GOD" my God continue to give us understanding of ways to know him more and more! Amen.
Re: Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? by victorazy(m): 12:51pm On Nov 10, 2013
rudedough:

U didn't understand the guy.
Re: Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? by Nobody: 12:53pm On Nov 10, 2013
obadiah777: adam is not one man. adam is a nation of people both male and female. they are called adam because they are made from the ground. adam is a description of how they are made. it is from the hebrew word adamah whch means 'from the ground'

genesis 5 vs 2 Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created.

If Adam is a nation of male and females, who was Eve? Did God make Eve from the rib of a whole nation?
Re: Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? by MEILYN(m): 12:55pm On Nov 10, 2013
obadiah777: satan is not lucifer. lucifer is a title that means the illuminated or enlightened ones. the bright and morning star. lucifer in the bible is mentioned only once in the book of isaiah the 14th chapter. now if you dedicate time to study that chapter in its entirety, lucifer is not referring to a man but an empire. the empire is BABYLON. this is future prophesy because BABYLON is USA. USA is the lucifer being spoken about in isaiah 14th chapter. so your question is invalid because when AMERICA ( LUCIFER ) started sinning, there was sin rampant all over the world. before USA, there were demonic empires like the greek, medopersian, assyrian, egyptian and ancient babylonian. all demonic empires with their own sinful doctrines and philosophies
Top of the day sire. Please i need to know more about this Lucifer being the USA. Erm , a prophecy right? Which means the USA will be thrown down from heaven when Christ comes?. You said lucifer is Christ? Am not sure but i saw sumtin like dat. And erm i also need some scripture verses pointing the whites aka edomites being in Heaven while Israelites in hell. Have seen it somewhere on one of your threads but i cant just find it anymore. Help ur boy sire. grin grin tanks in advance.

2 Likes

Re: Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? by SirTunechi(f): 12:56pm On Nov 10, 2013
gratieao: God is all powerful. Yet He allows Satan to carry out his deceitful and destructive activities
The Bible pictures the whole world under the sway of an invisible devil. Where did he come from? Did God create a devil to tempt us and to lead us astray?
IS THERE a devil? Many people talk about the devil and Satan. Others scoff and say it's just superstition and imagination.

If you ask me i will say that the fault lies with the manufacturer (God)! God allegedly created humans, yet he faults us for being guided by our desires, instincts, and natural tendencies. Since he’s supposedly omniscient, God realized how we were destined to turn from the beginning. He must also have realized that his lament would fuel the urge to destroy his precious creations, only to leave himself back where he started. Even so, he creates Adam, yet hundreds of years later, he drowns nearly all the men (time of Noah), women, and children on the face of the earth because he deliberately chose not to make us to his liking the first time.
rather than bothering yourself with these kind of questions that makes you loose your faith try prasing GOD, eat good food, study hard , make money and make a family and later when you die and you can ask your Creator what's up. Btw hope you passed your gst(philosophy and logic)?
Re: Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? by Nobody: 12:56pm On Nov 10, 2013
victorazy:

U didn't understand the guy.

Maybe you should help your brother in Christ explain better.
Re: Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? by MEILYN(m): 12:57pm On Nov 10, 2013
rudedough:

If Adam is a nation of male and females, who was Eve? Did God make Eve from the rib of a whole nation?
Eve is a nation of women now.. Nah wa oo.

1 Like

Re: Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? by Nobody: 12:57pm On Nov 10, 2013
rudedough:

eve is the female adam. and the whole rib thing is symbolism. scriptures is allegorical, symbolic and metaphoric.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

God Said Nigeria Will Be The Greatest Nation In The World - Adeboye / 2015 Prophetic Prayers, Declarations And Confessions / "Touch NOT My Anointed..." What Does It Really Mean?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.