Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,825 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:31 PM

Golden Eaglets: Garba Dedicates Trophy To President Goodluck - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Golden Eaglets: Garba Dedicates Trophy To President Goodluck (1018 Views)

Wike Dedicates Victory To People Of Rivers State , See What He Did On The Street / Photo Of Buhari With Victorious Eaglets In 1985, About To Do Same In 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Golden Eaglets: Garba Dedicates Trophy To President Goodluck by 5columnist: 9:25am On Nov 10, 2013
Golden Eaglets: Garba dedicates trophy to President Goodluck, wife
Posted by: The Citizen in Products 52 mins ago

Golden Eaglets coach, Manu Garba (MFR) has dedicated Nigeria’s fourth record FIFA Under-17 World Cup victory to both President Goodluck Jonathan and his wife, Hajiya Babita Garba after the team’s 3-0 thrashing of Mexico on Friday in Abu Dhabi.
Away from the battery of cameras and in the hallowed corridors of Al Jazira’s dressing room in Abu Dhabi, Garba said both President Jonathan and his jewel of inestimable value more than anybody deserved praises for the feat he achieved with his team.
He recalled it was only President Jonathan that hosted the team upon their team’s return from the African U-17 Championship where they came second.
”This trophy is for President Goodluck Jonathan who had a strong belief in us despite the fact that we came second at the African championship,” he said, adding, “We were really fired up when he hosted us after the African Championship and we are looking forward to meeting Mr. President again with the World Cup trophy.”
Garba described President Jonathan as a very lucky man after the Golden Eaglets followed the footsteps of the Super Eagles for winning a major trophy in 2013. The senior national team started the year with a glorious outing at the AFCON in South Africa and the Golden Eaglets World Cup win is more than an icing on the cake as 2013 drags to an end.
He revealed that the first person he called immediately after the final whistle of the match that saw his young guns dethrone Mexico was his wife.
“In fact, for the past four months I was not able to see my wife because of the nature of this job and I’m so happy that all the efforts we put into this work was not in vain,” he said, adding,
“I want to use this opportunity to thank my wife so much for taking care of the home front.”
He also heaped praises on both Senator Liyel Imoke, Governor of Cross River State and Nigeria’s Ambassador to the United Arab Emirates, His Excellency Ibrahim Auwalu who rode on the team’s bus in company of the NFF President, Alhaji Aminu Maigari for a dinner reception hosted by Nigeria’s Embassy in the UAE

http://thecitizenng.com/products/golden-eaglets-garba-dedicates-trophy-to-president-goodluck-wife/

2 Likes

Re: Golden Eaglets: Garba Dedicates Trophy To President Goodluck by owolabifunke14(f): 9:30am On Nov 10, 2013
embarassed He didn't mention my name,I prayed for the team more than any other nigerian.Mr president and Mrs Garba Manu, I say lucky you.congratulations Nigeria. Anyway,am I the first to talk? Yes yes yes I did it. Number one citizen of this thread.My enemies please kindly do the needful

2 Likes

Re: Golden Eaglets: Garba Dedicates Trophy To President Goodluck by haymoney01(m): 9:32am On Nov 10, 2013
Congrats
Re: Golden Eaglets: Garba Dedicates Trophy To President Goodluck by konjakonja(m): 9:42am On Nov 10, 2013
Our lovely coachy na u do well pass. I dey owe u and ur boys special something.Thank u for making us proud.
Re: Golden Eaglets: Garba Dedicates Trophy To President Goodluck by oluakadinma: 9:45am On Nov 10, 2013
Congrats to them! But please someone shuld help me talk to the modes mbok. Any issue that brings down the personality of our Goodluck will easily grace the fp but issues that elavate him is either derailed or relegated to the background! Do you know that the mod baned me for telling people how ApC has advice its governors to not to join in eaglet celebration train over what it percieved as a plot by Goodluck to distract them from focusing on 2015. Lol. Please mods free me oh!

8 Likes

Re: Golden Eaglets: Garba Dedicates Trophy To President Goodluck by 5columnist: 10:18am On Nov 10, 2013
Goodluck NIgeria
Re: Golden Eaglets: Garba Dedicates Trophy To President Goodluck by owolabifunke14(f): 10:32am On Nov 10, 2013
5columnist: Goodluck NIgeria
U didn't add the source,don't expect front page without a credible source
Re: Golden Eaglets: Garba Dedicates Trophy To President Goodluck by Caseless: 10:33am On Nov 10, 2013
In as much as i don't like gej's style and cluelessness, but his decision to ban nigerian football at some point-even as d ban was later lifted due to pressure from FIFA; this seems to have set our football on the right path and also his decision to declare state of emergency in boko haram states(N-E). These are jst d best and bold steps he's ever taken as a president.
Re: Golden Eaglets: Garba Dedicates Trophy To President Goodluck by VICTORCIZA(m): 10:35am On Nov 10, 2013
GEJ IS AN ANGEL
Re: Golden Eaglets: Garba Dedicates Trophy To President Goodluck by laughterclub(m): 10:37am On Nov 10, 2013
GEJ's cup of gold 4rm football team. let him drink wit it n employe graduates in naija,call off varsity strike n stop boko haram,finally fight corruption.we nairaland can gv him naijaworldcup 4ever!
Re: Golden Eaglets: Garba Dedicates Trophy To President Goodluck by IGBOSON1: 11:43am On Nov 10, 2013
VICTORCIZA: GEJ IS AN ANGEL

^^^..........compared to most that is!
Re: Golden Eaglets: Garba Dedicates Trophy To President Goodluck by konjakonja(m): 1:43pm On Nov 10, 2013
VICTORCIZA: GEJ IS AN ANGEL
Angel of God?
Re: Golden Eaglets: Garba Dedicates Trophy To President Goodluck by Nobody: 3:20pm On Nov 10, 2013
Eye service.
Re: Golden Eaglets: Garba Dedicates Trophy To President Goodluck by 5columnist: 3:52pm On Nov 10, 2013
owolabifunke14: U didn't add the source,don't expect front page without a credible source

http://thecitizenng.com/products/golden-eaglets-garba-dedicates-trophy-to-president-goodluck-wife/
Re: Golden Eaglets: Garba Dedicates Trophy To President Goodluck by owolabifunke14(f): 9:42am On Nov 11, 2013
5columnist:

I'm not a mod.I don't have the power to move it to front page

(1) (Reply)

Anambra:Amaechi Declared Public HolidayTo Help APC Candidate,PDP Alleges. / Gov. Fashola At The 2013 Children Christmas Party. Pics. / Many Of The Key Leaders In Political Parties Will Go Down In 2014,” TB Joshua

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.