Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,692 members, 7,820,415 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:26 PM

Recommend A Church For This Nairalander - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Recommend A Church For This Nairalander (16983 Views)

Congregation Chases Pastor From Church For Impregnating Member / Bishop Oyedepo Orders Members To Bring Their Pvcs To Church For Prayers / What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by Godswill41(m): 4:08pm On Nov 10, 2013
The choice of a church to attend is nt a decision of human being but of the holy spirit... Seek the holy spirit for guidance.. Serving God s nt always at our convenience, dnt list conditions 4 God.. Happy sunday..

2 Likes

Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by pearlyseed(f): 4:13pm On Nov 10, 2013
You are welcome to Daystar Christian Centre. Plot A3C, ikosi rd, beside gtb,off kudirat abiola way,Ojota Lagos.
www.daystarng.org

1 Like

Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by Olikinyo2: 4:15pm On Nov 10, 2013
Attend winners chapel
Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by sainty2k3(m): 4:26pm On Nov 10, 2013
1.U shld have it in mind that there is no perfect church anywhere. We all are working towards perfection
2. Any time u found a church that fits all you criteria listed above, then be sure u are being led there by the devil
3.I know u hate hearing it too much , but I'll say it again ; hell is real, sin is the gate fee to hell, no matter how righteous u are, one sin can lead u to Hell
Now I know u feel like creating dislike button. I understand ur feeling, truth is always bitter

1 Like

Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by Nobody: 4:40pm On Nov 10, 2013
@ op. dear lady, pls permit me to tell u that church can never and will never take you to Heaven, except of course ua not planning to make heaven which will be very undesirable. What will take you to heaven is SALVATION. The gospel u mentioned is about SALVATION. Many of d points u noted are even contradicting because, for instance, the Gospel is about salvation from sin. The Gospel of Jesus Christ is the only solution to the problem of the sinfulness of man. So if u want a church that talks about the gospel and not about sin, what gospel are u desiring to hear. There are many gospels out there, according to Apostle Paul but only d gospel of Christ grants salvation from sin, plus it is only what will take you to heaven. I think u need to fix the issue of salvation first so that God can direct u to the ministry/church where u will grow in Christ. Choosing a church is not something that is done carnally much more coming on NL. God has ordained each believer for different churches and only Him can reveal the best one for you to you and that will not be with any condition from you. God bless you much.

1 Like

Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by Wahala90: 4:54pm On Nov 10, 2013
Imagine the nonsense, giving conditions under which you will worship. No worry, the end will tell.
Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by raffite: 5:06pm On Nov 10, 2013
UU
Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by julythings: 5:13pm On Nov 10, 2013
Covenant Christain Centre. Flexible time of
Worship. The word of God for the now. Wonderful
People and a pastor that believes in your
Growth and development. Come to 400 herbert macaulay, yaba
Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by tuktuij: 5:21pm On Nov 10, 2013
Step into any House on the Rock church and enjoy God's word undiluted!
Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by chunbarca(m): 5:52pm On Nov 10, 2013
jansie: hello nairalanders, kindly recommend a church for this babe. u see i've been 2 so many churches but just a few seem to douse my curiousity n even d few have so many fault that i tend to stay home attimes on sundays. ok, lemme specify some things i personaly believe in and would no doubt change. so the recommended church must believe in the following:
1.speaking in tongues
2.trinity
3.wearing trouser, earrings n not covering hair
4.tithers
5.preaching d `gospel' n not sin every single day
6. has love n care for its members n not what they can get 4rm members
7.are doers n not mere talkers
8. regularly take communion
9. celebrate all kinds of functions:bdays, wedding,etc
Amongst several things also. i want to be goin 2 church n not b a couch potato.of all d churches i've been to, i enjoy christ embassy bt they av good leaders n bad followers, too money-couscious n i realise most dont even practice what their MOG teaches, though their pastor is my mentor. kindly tell me which good church to go. o_O
tnks
Mehn if u av never been 2 family worship centre den u reali missed cus its only ds church dat possess all ds qualities u need and dey ar people dat reli shw care.I cn bet u no church like fwc...folo dem on facebook.com @ www.fwcabuja.com 4 live update...do av a Grt day

1 Like

Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by jansie(f): 5:58pm On Nov 10, 2013
tanks
Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by Ajuran: 6:08pm On Nov 10, 2013
Convert to Islam and become a Muslim. Christians don't practice Christiantiy.
Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by tohshine(m): 6:13pm On Nov 10, 2013
DEEPER LIFE BIBLE CHURCH IS THE BEST PLACE TO BE
Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by MnenaSadiku(f): 7:09pm On Nov 10, 2013
Word of Faith Christian Centre Thanks.
Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by jansie(f): 7:24pm On Nov 10, 2013
MnenaSadiku: Word of Faith Christian Centre, Plot 16/19, Kudirat Abiola Way, Oregun. The building is directly opposite Kobis Eatery in Oregun. Pls call 08034365977 for details. Thanks.
please is word of faith affiliated with word of faith movement? aka kenneth hagin's ministry? I'm realy interestd. reply asap.
Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by MnenaSadiku(f): 7:36pm On Nov 10, 2013
jansie:
please is word of faith affiliated with word of faith movement? aka kenneth hagin's ministry? I'm realy interestd. reply asap.
No, they are not affiliated to each other but the set man of the ministry in the person of Rev Kola Ewuosho as a young believer was greatly influenced by Kenneth Hagin's teachings.
Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by rexbuton: 7:37pm On Nov 10, 2013
This thread has become advert ridden.. This explains the mentality of modern christians, we are more interested in populating our churches but not heaven! I continue to emphasize that jesus should be the deciding factor on the church you'll attend! If the teachings go contrary to even one of jesus teachings, you're in the wrong party

1 Like

Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by jansie(f): 7:40pm On Nov 10, 2013
MnenaSadiku:
No, they are not affiliated to each other but the set man of the ministry in the person of Rev Kola Ewuosho as a young believer was greatly influenced by Kenneth Hagin's teachings.
ok. i was thinking they are affiliated. tnks
Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by jansie(f): 7:43pm On Nov 10, 2013
rexbuton: This thread has become advert ridden.. This explains the mentality of modern christians, we are more interested in populating our churches but not heaven! I continue to emphasize that jesus should be the deciding factor on the church you'll attend! If the teachings go contrary to even one of jesus teachings, you're in the wrong party
so which church do you recommend for me?
Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by ludot(m): 7:55pm On Nov 10, 2013
Why not just start your own church?
Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by Mujah1deen: 7:55pm On Nov 10, 2013
jansie:
so which church do you recommend for me?
Mosque +Islam+Mohamed+holy Quran+Allah and you are good to go, churches are now a laughing stock, you should try something new, something meaningful. Besides our Umah(brotherhood) is the greatest in the world.

Allahu Akbar .

I can write the shahada for you

1 Like

Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by chineloSA(f): 7:59pm On Nov 10, 2013
Mujah1deen: Mosque +Islam+Mohamed+holy Quran+Allah and you are good to go, churches are now a laughing stock, you should try something new, something meaningful. Besides our Umah(brotherhood) is the greatest in the world.

Allahu Akbar .

I can write the shahada for you

undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by rexbuton: 7:59pm On Nov 10, 2013
Churches are not drugs that are recommended.. You pray about that, and the holy spirit would lead You appropriately. Different churches have their fundamental teachings, some focus exclusively on prosperity, others on righteousness, some on spiritual warfare, etc. But be aware that It is jesus that saves You, not your works, offerings, prayers.. You must also avoid churches Where attention is shifted to secondary deities such as relics and images, holy oil, holy slippers, etc . All that is essential is jesus.. You are an adult so I presume You would recognise false teachings When You hear them..

1 Like

Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by Mujah1deen: 8:02pm On Nov 10, 2013
chineloSA:

read my signature with conviction, I'm eager to call you a sister. Same goes for you op, read my signature 3times

1 Like

Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by chineloSA(f): 8:05pm On Nov 10, 2013
Mujah1deen: read my signature with conviction, I'm eager to call you a sister. Same goes for you op, read my signature 3times

I understood the English part. Are you sure you are not Boko Haram Or you have a position there undecided undecided undecided

I don't agree with you though smiley
Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by Mujah1deen: 8:05pm On Nov 10, 2013
chineloSA:

Ash-hadu an laa ilaaha illallah “I bear witness that there is no god except Allah” Wa ash-hadu anna Muhammadan rasulullah “And I bear witness that Muhammad is the messenger of Allah.”

You should join the "Muslimhood"
Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by Mujah1deen: 8:07pm On Nov 10, 2013
chineloSA:

I understood the English part. Are you sure you are not Boko Haram Or you have a position there undecided undecided undecided

I don't agree with you though smiley
so being Muslim makes me a Bokoharam?

The Arabic part is the shahada
Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by chineloSA(f): 8:07pm On Nov 10, 2013
Mujah1deen:

Ash-hadu an laa ilaaha illallah “I bear witness that there is no god except Allah” Wa ash-hadu anna Muhammadan rasulullah “And I bear witness that Muhammad is the messenger of Allah.”

You should join the "Muslimhood"

No thanks, my brother. Though I respect your religion cheesy cheesy cheesy

The Muslims I have met, never convienced me enough and they were so disrespectful to my religion that I didn't see the reason to join Islam. wink wink
Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by chineloSA(f): 8:11pm On Nov 10, 2013
Mujah1deen: so being Muslim makes me a Bokoharam?

The Arabic part is the shahada

No it doesn't make you Boko Haram. Your statement that Naija needs to be Islamised makes me uncomfortable. Its a democratic country abi, why force a certain religion to be politics of the country smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by Mujah1deen: 8:12pm On Nov 10, 2013
chineloSA:

No thanks, my brother. Though I respect your religion cheesy cheesy cheesy

The Muslims I have met, never convienced me enough and they were so disrespectful to my religion that I didn't see the reason to join Islam. wink wink
where did they fail?
Disrespectful? Let me apologize on their behalf .
What are u protestant? Catholic? JW?
Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by Mujah1deen: 8:14pm On Nov 10, 2013
chineloSA:

No it doesn't make you Boko Haram. Your statement that Naija needs to be Islamised makes me uncomfortable. Its a democratic country abi, why force a certain religion to be politics of the country smiley smiley smiley smiley
islamization is not always by force wink Islam is a peaceful religion

1 Like

Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by chineloSA(f): 8:16pm On Nov 10, 2013
Mujah1deen: where did they fail?
Disrespectful? Let me apologize on their behalf .
What are u protestant? Catholic? JW?

I am Catholic. Though I was not planning to convert, but you learn and you eventually love something because of those who practice it have good behavior. angry angry

They always compelled me to do things I was not comfortable with. Always criticising my religion forgetting that some of the things practiced in Islam are taken from Catholicism e.g Rosary

I didn't feel comfortable at all. sad sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

The Menace Of Belief In Witchcraft / Oyedepo To Establish Another University: Landmark University / The Parable Of The Ten Virgins - Jack Kelley

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.