Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,684 members, 7,955,540 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 08:43 AM

Recommend A Church For This Nairalander - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Recommend A Church For This Nairalander (17215 Views)

Congregation Chases Pastor From Church For Impregnating Member / Bishop Oyedepo Orders Members To Bring Their Pvcs To Church For Prayers / What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by chineloSA(f): 9:30pm On Nov 10, 2013
Mujah1deen: age is only a number. And love doesn't know any limit

Jeeeesuuu, shocked shocked shocked shocked I cant can never marry someone my grandfadas age. Sorry ooo.
Too wrong smiley
Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by Mujah1deen: 9:32pm On Nov 10, 2013
chineloSA:

I dont think she didnt understand, she simply disregarded my religion. In Catholic church there is a lot of stand up sit down for someone to have time for a munch undecided undecided undecided undecided She was simply rude. she can never eat in a meeting at work, no one has to tell you that.
Why eat when i am having a meeting with my most important man?? undecided undecided
Had I refused to put a headscarf on my head, she was going to e unhappy.

Catholics dont judge. Catholic make their standpoint clear and we let people choose. e.g. Catholicism is clear on homosexual, hence they don't marry them, but then again we don't discriminate against them. We love them and the come to church undecided undecided undecided

Allah knows best
Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by Mujah1deen: 9:33pm On Nov 10, 2013
chineloSA:

Jeeeesuuu, shocked shocked shocked shocked I cant can never marry someone my grandfadas age. Sorry ooo.
Too wrong smiley

Allah knows best.
Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by chineloSA(f): 9:37pm On Nov 10, 2013
Mujah1deen:
Allah knows best.

Allah knows child molestation undecided undecided undecided
Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by jansie(f): 9:43pm On Nov 10, 2013
please stop derailing my thread. is dis a form of setup to stop people from commenting. stop it else i report
Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by chineloSA(f): 9:44pm On Nov 10, 2013
jansie: please stop derailing my thread. is dis a form of setup to stop people from commenting. stop it else i report

apologies sweetheart kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by chineloSA(f): 9:49pm On Nov 10, 2013
jansie: hello nairalanders, kindly recommend a church for this babe. u see i've been 2 so many churches but just a few seem to douse my curiousity n even d few have so many fault that i tend to stay home attimes on sundays. ok, lemme specify some things i personaly believe in and would no doubt change. so the recommended church must believe in the following:
1.speaking in tongues
2.trinity
3.wearing trouser, earrings n not covering hair
4.tithers
5.preaching d `gospel' n not sin every single day
6. has love n care for its members n not what they can get 4rm members
7.are doers n not mere talkers
8. regularly take communion
9. celebrate all kinds of functions:bdays, wedding,etc
Amongst several things also. i want to be goin 2 church n not b a couch potato.of all d churches i've been to, i enjoy christ embassy bt they av good leaders n bad followers, too money-couscious n i realise most dont even practice what their MOG teaches, though their pastor is my mentor. kindly tell me which good church to go. o_O
tnks

OP, may I ask without being rude. What happened to the church you were raised in.

Whats wrong with the church smiley smiley smiley
Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by jansie(f): 9:53pm On Nov 10, 2013
winkapologies accepted
Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by Mujah1deen: 9:54pm On Nov 10, 2013
chineloSA:

Allah knows child molestation undecided undecided undecided
isale gan was right after all.

May Allah forgive you
Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by jansie(f): 9:57pm On Nov 10, 2013
chineloSA:

OP, may I ask without being rude. What happened to the church you were raised in.

Whats wrong with the church smiley smiley smiley
i wasn't raised in any church :-)
Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by chineloSA(f): 9:59pm On Nov 10, 2013
jansie:
i wasn't raised in any church :-)

Ok, I see. So as a child you never attended church on sundays smiley smiley
Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by jansie(f): 10:06pm On Nov 10, 2013
yes i didnt as a child
chineloSA:

Ok, I see. So as a child you never attended church on sundays smiley smiley
Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by jansie(f): 10:09pm On Nov 10, 2013
angry angry grin angry wink smiley
tanks. i'm still welcoming contributions
Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by chineloSA(f): 10:13pm On Nov 10, 2013
jansie: yes i didnt as a child

I see. Your problem is big. If you attended church as a child it would have been easy, because you would have had some kind of foundation undecided undecided

Now that you never attended any church, its very likely that even if you choose one, you will still change it. I find people attending pentecostal churches to changes churches anyhow. If Pastor in church no 1 does this they get angry move on to the second one.

So if you had a childhood church it was going to help you choose. I can bet, you will change churches until old age. I would recommend for now go with the flow and then judge smiley smiley
Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by jansie(f): 10:18pm On Nov 10, 2013
chineloSA:

I see. Your problem is big. If you attended church as a child it would have been easy, because you would have had some kind of foundation undecided undecided

Now that you never attended any church, its very likely that even if you choose one, you will still change it. I find people attending pentecostal churches to changes churches anyhow. If Pastor in church no 1 does this they get angry move on to the second one.

So if you had a childhood church it was going to help you choose. I can bet, you will change churches until old age. I would recommend for now go with the flow and then judge smiley smiley
d fact dat i was raised in a particular church doesn't mean i must remain there forever even when i know where it may lead me to. so ur point is invalid.
Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by ultraGM: 10:24pm On Nov 10, 2013
I bet it you wont like my church, you will run if I mention it
maybe you should try being a freelance christian attend different church each week.
Improve your relationship with God developed your most holy faith, give holiness and righteousness premium plus prayers and evangelism
If God see your seriousness Him go dash your Spiritual Gift
Increasing more in faith you could graduate to freelance Gospel Preacher, and that makes you a candidate of heaven. Holy Spirit is your companion. More Grace

1 Like

Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by chineloSA(f): 10:30pm On Nov 10, 2013
jansie:
d fact dat i was raised in a particular church doesn't mean i must remain there forever even when i know where it may lead me to. so ur point is invalid. i knw where u're goin

See you are jumping into conclusion. I am not going no where cheesy cheesy You requested input and am trying to have input.

All I was trying to establish is, whether you have a foundation where you can use as a basis and help you choose.
I said your childhood church could help you choose, I never said stay there and continue. If you have a foundation,it normally helps one to choose.

I remember I was once confused myself when I got to Uni, with all these born agains, who were surrounding me. What helped me determine if my confusion was really confusion was to go back to my basics and establish what went wrong.

The same people who were fishing me to join their churches are no longer in those churches anymore even before we finished Univ. That is my only skepticism. Pentecostal members change churches like under wear ( sorry to be blunt ).
They fish you to the supposedly truth and leave to discover another truer church according to them. undecided undecided undecided That tells alot about a persons spirituality and character.

Personally I dont like that confusion in my spiritual life.The stable one can be confusing on its own. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by jansie(f): 10:31pm On Nov 10, 2013
ultraGM: I bet it you wont like my church, you will run if I mention it
maybe you should try being a freelance christian attend different church each week.
Improve your relationship with God developed your most holy faith, give holiness and righteousness premium plus prayers and evangelism
If God see your seriousness Him go dash your Spiritual Gift
Increasing more in faith you could graduate to freelance Gospel Preacher, and that makes you a candidate of heaven. Holy Spirit is your companion. More Grace
thanks. my aspiration is not to be a pastor. i want a church of balance with gud sound doctrine. bible practicing churches not one that scares me away wit doctrines of over religiousity, rituals,etc
i wud try some dat have been mentioned here though
tanks
Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by jansie(f): 10:38pm On Nov 10, 2013
@chinelo
i'm nt jumpin into conclusion. i undastand wat u're saying perfectly. foundation. yes those are d foundations i listed in my post. so whatever doesn't fall into dat. i cant bear. i wasn't even born into pentecostal anyway bt i know better than be deceived. when i see what i want, wud settle for it. but 4 now, d search continues
Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by Ultimate001: 10:40pm On Nov 10, 2013
Pls attend Deeper Life Bible Church and you will never regret this my sister,GOD BLESS AND HELP YOU TO MAKE HEAVEN!!!

1 Like

Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by chineloSA(f): 10:43pm On Nov 10, 2013
jansie:
d fact dat i was raised in a particular church doesn't mean i must remain there forever even when i know where it may lead me to. so ur point is invalid.

All that wish list you had on front page may change in 2 years. After two years you may speak another language of another pastor in another church, who is more miraculous than the last one. The tongues spoken in Reedemed church wont be tongues anymore in two years undecided undecided undecided undecided

That's how Pentecostal members are. Very gullible. Its always hard to give them advice.

So I am not sure whats invalid.

Not fighting o, just advising each other. Hence I am still advising you go with the flow.
Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by chineloSA(f): 10:45pm On Nov 10, 2013
jansie: @chinelo
i'm nt jumpin into conclusion. i undastand wat u're saying perfectly. foundation. yes those are d foundations i listed in my post. so whatever doesn't fall into dat. i cant bear. i wasn't even born into pentecostal anyway bt i know better than be deceived. when i see what i want, wud settle for it. but 4 now, d search continues

All the best my love. I can bet the search will continue till old age. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by ultraGM: 10:47pm On Nov 10, 2013
jansie:
thanks. my aspiration is not to be a pastor. i want a church of balance with gud sound doctrine. bible practicing churches not one that scares me away wit doctrines of over religiousity, rituals,etc
i wud try some dat have been mentioned here though
tanks
am not saying you should be a pastor evangelism is duty of all christians. because looking at your criteria church will offereds you often, infact I do get offence from my church too but all I could do is pray for those involved.
But one thing sure God does not favour any church but personal relationship with Him is what matter.
Maybe you should use this night to seek God for guidance, I may join you if you want.
But remember personal Salvation is the key to answered prayer.

1 Like

Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by jansie(f): 10:50pm On Nov 10, 2013
chineloSA:

All that wish list you had on front page may change in 2 years. After two years you may speak another language of another pastor in another church, who is more miraculous than the last one. The tongues spoken in Reedemed church wont be tongues anymore in two years undecided undecided undecided undecided

That's how Pentecostal members are. Very gullible. Its always hard to give them advice.

So I am not sure whats invalid.

Not fighting o, just advising each other. Hence I am still advising you go with the flow.
my dear chinelo, if i tell u how i came about those list. these are not things that one priest or pastor came about n i just took hook, line n sinker. like i mentioned in my previous post. those are my personal believe n convictions. my foundation that wont change years from now
Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by jansie(f): 10:56pm On Nov 10, 2013
so do u have any special recommendation or solution to d issue on ground. am open to learnin
Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by Mujah1deen: 10:58pm On Nov 10, 2013
jansie: so do u have any special recommendation or solution to d issue on ground. am open to learnin

Ash-hadu an laa ilaaha illallah “I bear witness that there is no god except Allah” Wa ash-hadu anna Muhammadan rasulullah “And I bear witness that Muhammad is the messenger of Allah.”
Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by jansie(f): 11:04pm On Nov 10, 2013
Mujah1deen:

Ash-hadu an laa ilaaha illallah “I bear witness that there is no god except Allah” Wa ash-hadu anna Muhammadan rasulullah “And I bear witness that Muhammad is the messenger of Allah.”

you are a spam, beta vamoose
Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by jansie(f): 11:09pm On Nov 10, 2013
ultraGM:
am not saying you should be a pastor evangelism is duty of all christians. because looking at your criteria church will offereds you often, infact I do get offence from my church too but all I could do is pray for those involved.
But one thing sure God does not favour any church but personal relationship with Him is what matter.
Maybe you should use this night to seek God for guidance, I may join you if you want.
But remember personal Salvation is the key to answered prayer.
angry
tanks. u can join me in d prayer. i believe in foundational doctrines like salvation too. tnks
Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by chineloSA(f): 11:14pm On Nov 10, 2013
jansie:
my dear chinelo, if i tell u how i came about those list. these are not things that one priest or pastor came about n i just took hook, line n sinker. like i mentioned in my previous post. those are my personal believe n convictions. my foundation that wont change years from now

I hear you luv. YOUR " Personal beliefs and convictions " which are not the same as the churches.

What if they don't match exactly as per your expectations.
I dont think having " Personal beliefs and convictions " already will help you find a church in already existing pool of churches which were also built on the foundations of someones ( normally founding Pastor ) " Personal beliefs and convictions "

Mind you all these churches start and they are always branded around one Pastor and his " Personal beliefs and conviction " and his vision.

Your expectations are too high luv. You may be disappointed and change the church again before one year anniversary. Hop around and see. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by sotum2: 11:29pm On Nov 10, 2013
Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by jansie(f): 11:33pm On Nov 10, 2013
chinelo sweetheart, recommend me a church so i can start attending maybe they cud change my `personal belief' to the supposed or acclaimed `beliefs' dat i ought to have known 4rm birth winkchinelo sweetheart, recommend me a church so i can start attending maybe they cud change my `personal belief' to the supposed or acclaimed `beliefs' dat i ought to have known 4rm birth
Re: Recommend A Church For This Nairalander by jansie(f): 11:37pm On Nov 10, 2013
sotum2: This thread will help
https://www.nairaland.com/1262082/how-conquer-barrenness-spiritually-physically/53
pls sir, this is off-topic. may God see us through our various challenges

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

70 Men Of God Travel To Jerusalem To Pray For Nigeria / Cultists, Kidnappers & Militants Baptized In Port Harcourt After Being Converted / Is It Unholy To Be Intimate On Sunday Morning Before Going To Church?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.