Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,772 members, 7,809,979 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:07 PM

Oshiomhole Commissions Four Roads In The First Year Of His Second Tenure - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oshiomhole Commissions Four Roads In The First Year Of His Second Tenure (1122 Views)

David Mark Campaign Rice, Salt Flood Otukpo, To Construct Four Roads Before Xmas / Buhari Has Indirectly Made Fashola His Second In Command / Akpabio Commissions Four Points By Sheraton Ikot Ekpene (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oshiomhole Commissions Four Roads In The First Year Of His Second Tenure by Ayekotoo(m): 11:42am On Nov 10, 2013
Published on November 8, 2013 by
Governor Adams Oshiomhole of the southern Nigerian state of Edo has commissioned four roads completed by his administration in the first year of his second term.
The commissioning was part of activities to celebrate his fifth anniversary as Governor of the state.
Speaking at the different commissioning points which included the Ogba Market Road, Ogiesoba Road, Osuan Road (Vegetable Market Road), Golf Course Road, now renamed Tom Ikimi Lane, Oshiomhole said his government will continue to do more even in the face of dwindling resources.

The Governor said “during my campaign, I said we would deal with the flooding problem on a holistic basis. We would carry out studies on the basis of fact and studies; we will construct and build roads.
“I am happy that today we are celebrating and this was done within the first year of my second term. I need to emphasise this that this was done in the first year of my second term because for us there was never a break.
Around this time last year, our engineers were working and doing some excavation and now these roads have been completed.

“These roads are part of sixteen other roads which we loosely refer to as Airport roads but it includes several roads and several drainages. So for those who do not know, we have built a number of roads in our second term.
“Let me assure you that the only way to ensure that the Edo project continues is to listen to words of wisdom. Everybody in the APC family, we all understood that our defence line is with the people.

Oshiomhole said “let me assure the people of the state that we must continue to do even more even in the face of dwindling resources in order to strengthen the partnership the great people of this state and this government and indeed future government to be formed by APC long after my departure from government.
“We have already decided and I have the legislative backing of the House of Assembly that all the streets that make up Airport Road, all of them will be lit. They are going to have streetlights. Because I believe when we have streetlights on every road we have built and we have drainages, walkways on the roads, every. part of the state will become a place where people can move freely, feeling secured”, he said.

The Governor said “our power lies in the quality of what we do and our power is derived from the people and our strength is derived from the knowledge that the people support what we are doing. It is true that we are not the first government to build roads. But it is true that we are the first government to build roads with walkways.” Oshiomhole said that all the roads that are being built in Benin City are sufficiently solid adding that the side drains flow to the river or to the moat.

In his remark the Esogban of Benin Kingdom, Chief David Edebiri said today is special day in Benin and for many people who reside in the communities.
He said no other party will take the government of Edo State adding what the governor has done will speak for him.

“This road project which has defied solution for over ten years but has now been completed is a testimony,” he said.
In a welcome address the Commissioner for Environment and Public Utilities, Prince Clem Agba said “we are here to flag off the commissioning of Associated roads on the Airport Road project.

“These roads are part of the water storm project of Edo State government aimed at controlling the erosion situation in the area around the Airport and Ogba road axis. The roads according to him. are built with side drains and walkways with the drainage occupying an expanse of 2km and 5ft deep draining erosion to Ogba river.

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2013/11/08/oshiomhole-commissions-four-roads-in-benin
Re: Oshiomhole Commissions Four Roads In The First Year Of His Second Tenure by Nobody: 11:51am On Nov 10, 2013
I thought they said Oshio Baba has lost steam aftter clinching his 2nd term mandate?

The fact is that Aliyu Oshiomhole is on auto-pilot hence his zest and drive to further deliver dividends of democracy has not wane one bit
Re: Oshiomhole Commissions Four Roads In The First Year Of His Second Tenure by Energito: 12:36pm On Nov 10, 2013
Ayekotoo: Published on November 8, 2013 by
Governor Adams Oshiomhole of the southern Nigerian state of Edo has commissioned four roads completed by his administration in the first year of his second term.
The commissioning was part of activities to celebrate his fifth anniversary as Governor of the state.
Speaking at the different commissioning points which included the Ogba Market Road, Ogiesoba Road, Osuan Road (Vegetable Market Road), Golf Course Road, now renamed Tom Ikimi Lane, Oshiomhole said his government will continue to do more even in the face of dwindling resources.

The Governor said “during my campaign, I said we would deal with the flooding problem on a holistic basis. We would carry out studies on the basis of fact and studies; we will construct and build roads.
“I am happy that today we are celebrating and this was done within the first year of my second term. I need to emphasise this that this was done in the first year of my second term because for us there was never a break.
Around this time last year, our engineers were working and doing some excavation and now these roads have been completed.

“These roads are part of sixteen other roads which we loosely refer to as Airport roads but it includes several roads and several drainages. So for those who do not know, we have built a number of roads in our second term.
“Let me assure you that the only way to ensure that the Edo project continues is to listen to words of wisdom. Everybody in the APC family, we all understood that our defence line is with the people.

Oshiomhole said “let me assure the people of the state that we must continue to do even more even in the face of dwindling resources in order to strengthen the partnership the great people of this state and this government and indeed future government to be formed by APC long after my departure from government.
“We have already decided and I have the legislative backing of the House of Assembly that all the streets that make up Airport Road, all of them will be lit. They are going to have streetlights. Because I believe when we have streetlights on every road we have built and we have drainages, walkways on the roads, every. part of the state will become a place where people can move freely, feeling secured”, he said.

The Governor said “our power lies in the quality of what we do and our power is derived from the people and our strength is derived from the knowledge that the people support what we are doing. It is true that we are not the first government to build roads. But it is true that we are the first government to build roads with walkways.” Oshiomhole said that all the roads that are being built in Benin City are sufficiently solid adding that the side drains flow to the river or to the moat.

In his remark the Esogban of Benin Kingdom, Chief David Edebiri said today is special day in Benin and for many people who reside in the communities.
He said no other party will take the government of Edo State adding what the governor has done will speak for him.

“This road project which has defied solution for over ten years but has now been completed is a testimony,” he said.
In a welcome address the Commissioner for Environment and Public Utilities, Prince Clem Agba said “we are here to flag off the commissioning of Associated roads on the Airport Road project.

“These roads are part of the water storm project of Edo State government aimed at controlling the erosion situation in the area around the Airport and Ogba road axis. The roads according to him. are built with side drains and walkways with the drainage occupying an expanse of 2km and 5ft deep draining erosion to Ogba river.

Re: Oshiomhole Commissions Four Roads In The First Year Of His Second Tenure by Energito: 12:37pm On Nov 10, 2013

pix or e no happen.
Re: Oshiomhole Commissions Four Roads In The First Year Of His Second Tenure by Energito: 12:38pm On Nov 10, 2013

pix or e no happen.
Re: Oshiomhole Commissions Four Roads In The First Year Of His Second Tenure by Elueme: 12:48pm On Nov 10, 2013
How many kilometer roads and when was the contract awarded? The man emphasizing on second term as if the road contracts were awarded same.. My 2cents.
Re: Oshiomhole Commissions Four Roads In The First Year Of His Second Tenure by donfidelio(m): 1:33pm On Nov 10, 2013
There was never a time governor Oshiomhole paused in his determination to deliver on his promises to the Edo people. The fact that within one year of his second term, four new roads were initited, completed and commissioned in Benin City alone, shows that the man is in a hurry to take Edo State to a higher level. Of course this determination gives the opposition PDP panic attacks and without any viable options to slow down Oshiomhole, they resort to all kinds of diversionary measures to take people's attention away from the unprecedented transformation going on all over the state.
Re: Oshiomhole Commissions Four Roads In The First Year Of His Second Tenure by Nobody: 1:52pm On Nov 10, 2013
When I saw this post, I was really shocked and this has really convince me the kind of deceivers and hypocrites these Oshiomole is. I live in Benin and I can tell u all that's happening. Nothing is happening in Edo State if u doubt me take a cab and come to Edo. I laugh @ people in other states trying to compare or praising Edo State Governor. I must confess, Oshiomole reigns in media and do his works in media not in Edo State. These road mentioned are just less than 1km street and they started them in his 1st Tenure. I am surprise the article is carrying 2nd term performance. We in Edo can no longer be deceive by Oshiomole. We all know his tricks now. We voted for him in his 2nd term just to praise him for the little he did compare to Lucky Igbinedion but now Oshiomole has failed Edo State and conducted the worst LGA election ever where election was going on, winner was declare and sworn in and was done by a man who preaches 1 man 1 vote. Hypocrisy of the highest Order.

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole Commissions Four Roads In The First Year Of His Second Tenure by Ad4(m): 2:11pm On Nov 10, 2013
APC rules more in the media than on ground.Nigerians will not be deceived by media politics.The same thing is going on in Lagos State,politics by media.In Ago Palace Way off Okota Bus stop the road is not up to 4km and the construction has been ongoing for more than 4 years now and just bet me,tomorrow Fashola will bring camera men and produce a film of his so called achievements.

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole Commissions Four Roads In The First Year Of His Second Tenure by horchukoh(m): 4:28pm On Nov 10, 2013
Even emmanuel uduaghan of delta state he his not different from ibori.

(1) (Reply)

Why Hasnt Western Nigeria Developed A Chocolate Brand/industry? / xxxxxxxxxxxxxx / Emefiele And The (near) Impossibility Of Governing A Nigerian Central Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.