Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,319 members, 7,811,946 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:37 AM

World Cup Victory Shows Nigerian Youths Have What It Takes To Be World… – APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / World Cup Victory Shows Nigerian Youths Have What It Takes To Be World… – APC (814 Views)

Apc Claims Buhari Is Responsible For The U-17 World Cup Victory / Saraki’s Victory Shows Politics Is About Negotiation Not War . / Video Shows Nigerian Security Forces Shooting People At Close Range (boko haram) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

World Cup Victory Shows Nigerian Youths Have What It Takes To Be World… – APC by donphilopus: 1:03pm On Nov 10, 2013
The All Progressives Congress (APC) has heartily congratulated Nigeria’s national Under-17 World Cup team, the Golden Eaglets, for its historic and exciting victory at the 2013 edition of the global tournament in the United Arab Emirates.

In a statement issued in Lagos on Sunday by its Interim National Publicity Secretary, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, the party said the victory is a clear indication that Nigerian youths have what it takes to be world beaters in all areas of human endeavours.

It said if such a huge success can be achieved at a time that Nigerian youths have been left demoralized by the malodorous policies of a government that keeps scoring own goals, one can only imagine the kindof positive energy that will be unleashed by the youths under a responsive, purposeful government.

APC hailed the team’s hardworking handlers as well as the determined players for the victory, which has written Nigeria into the history books as the most successful country in the history of the tournament, having won an unprecedented four FIFA Under-17 World Cup titles, a feat that even the global football powerhouse Brazil can only dream of at the moment.

”The victory is even sweeter because the Golden Eaglets did not lose a single match all through the tournament,” the party said.

It said apart from the well-deserved goodies that may be showered on the team and its officials, the best way to honour the boys is to ensure their collective nurturing and graduation to the next age-grade, with the hope that they will eventually play for the country’s senior national team, the Super Eagles.

”That way, we can be sure that Nigeria will sooner than later join the league of nations that have won the main FIFA World Cup,” APC said.

DO YOU NEED THE SOURCE? IF YES, CLICK HERE
Re: World Cup Victory Shows Nigerian Youths Have What It Takes To Be World… – APC by Nobody: 1:20pm On Nov 10, 2013
I expect APC-phobic philistines to pour scorn on this congratulatory message by APC to Nigeria's( Not PDP's) Golden Eaglets
Re: World Cup Victory Shows Nigerian Youths Have What It Takes To Be World… – APC by hamrad(m): 1:27pm On Nov 10, 2013
That is it.
Re: World Cup Victory Shows Nigerian Youths Have What It Takes To Be World… – APC by donphilopus: 1:29pm On Nov 10, 2013
Where is that guy that said APC is angry with GEJ/Eaglets for winning the competition?? Let him come and explain further
Re: World Cup Victory Shows Nigerian Youths Have What It Takes To Be World… – APC by thaoriginator: 1:30pm On Nov 10, 2013
Up APC, Up Eaglets, Up Nigeria, Down PDP!

1 Like

Re: World Cup Victory Shows Nigerian Youths Have What It Takes To Be World… – APC by Coolboi05(m): 1:33pm On Nov 10, 2013
donphilopus: Where is that guy that said APC is angry with GEJ/Eaglets for winning the competition?? Let him come and explain further
me sef na him I dey luk 4 o...
Re: World Cup Victory Shows Nigerian Youths Have What It Takes To Be World… – APC by donphilopus: 1:34pm On Nov 10, 2013
tha_originator: Up APC, Up Eaglets, Up Nigeria, Down PDP!
For Life

1 Like

Re: World Cup Victory Shows Nigerian Youths Have What It Takes To Be World… – APC by donphilopus: 1:35pm On Nov 10, 2013
Coolboi05: me sef na him I dey luk 4 o...
We need am Urgently
Re: World Cup Victory Shows Nigerian Youths Have What It Takes To Be World… – APC by Tolexander: 1:42pm On Nov 10, 2013
It said apart from the well-
deserved goodies that may
be showered on the team
and its officials, the best
way to honour the boys is
to ensure their collective
nurturing and graduation
to the next age-grade, with
the hope that they will
eventually play for the
country’s senior national
team, the Super Eagles.

”That way, we can be sure
that Nigeria will sooner
than later join the league of
nations that have won the
main FIFA World Cup,” APC
said.
i beg to differ!

So far they all played well as a team in the tournament doesn't mean they are going to carry on with the team and individual brilliance they exhibited in the tournament, as we all know that the mental and physical developement of different people aren't at the same rate and constant.

There are some of the players in that team that played at the peak of their football dexterity, with the law of diminishing return ready to set in on their carriers. Can we now still retain these players to play the next higher tournaments?

The best thing is to leave them and scout for better players to join the developed ones among them
Re: World Cup Victory Shows Nigerian Youths Have What It Takes To Be World… – APC by taharqa: 1:49pm On Nov 10, 2013
The CLOWNS just never fails to live up to type. Instead of a simple, heart-felt Congratulatory message to the victories young lads and to all Nigerians at this joyous moment, they just had to, true to type, snick in Politics somehow.. Talking about a 'change of Govt' when a group of very young lads just won d world and are savouring it, is the height of INSENSITIVITY!!.

Then again, what does one expect from a hastily put-together group of self-absorbed DESPERADOES??

9 Likes

Re: World Cup Victory Shows Nigerian Youths Have What It Takes To Be World… – APC by Nobody: 1:51pm On Nov 10, 2013
Mtchew all these political parties are the same... PDP or APC, They're the same to me, corrupt politicians! Forget about the names, It's just like wearing a madman a new shirt.
Re: World Cup Victory Shows Nigerian Youths Have What It Takes To Be World… – APC by Dannylux: 2:12pm On Nov 10, 2013
Re: World Cup Victory Shows Nigerian Youths Have What It Takes To Be World… – APC by hercules07: 2:15pm On Nov 10, 2013
taharqa: The CLOWNS just nevers fails to live up to type. Instead of a simple, heart-felt Congratulatory message to the victories young lads and to all Nigerians at this joyous moment, they just had to, true to type, snick in Politics somehow.. Talking about a 'change of Govt' when a group of very young lads just won d world and are savouring it, is the hight of INSENSIVITY!!..... Then again, what does one expect from a hastily put-together group of self-absorbed DESPERADOS??

Please shut it, go to the British House of Commons and see how oppositions tackle the prime minister every week. The opposition has commended the players and the officials who have gone beyond the call of duty to make Nigerians proud, the FG has done what it is expected to do or are we meant to praise a thief for not stealing?

2 Likes

Re: World Cup Victory Shows Nigerian Youths Have What It Takes To Be World… – APC by donphilopus: 2:17pm On Nov 10, 2013
hercules07:

Please shut it, go to the British House of Commons and see how oppositions tackle the prime minister every week.
That's what they do not know
Re: World Cup Victory Shows Nigerian Youths Have What It Takes To Be World… – APC by hercules07: 2:22pm On Nov 10, 2013
donphilopus: That's what they do not know

Do not mind the guy jare, Abacha as crazy as he was won both the Nations Cup and Olympic Gold medals, nobody in his right mind will attribute the success to his government.
Re: World Cup Victory Shows Nigerian Youths Have What It Takes To Be World… – APC by Nobody: 2:33pm On Nov 10, 2013
Tolexander: i beg to differ!

So far they all played well as a team in the tournament doesn't mean they are going to carry on with the team and individual brilliance they exhibited in the tournament, as we all know that the mental and physical developement of different people aren't at the same rate and constant.

There are some of the players in that team that played at the peak of their football dexterity, with the law of diminishing return ready to set in on their carriers. Can we now still retain these players to play the next higher tournaments?

The best thing is to leave them and scout for better players to join the developed ones among them
I am finding it hard to understand what you wrote. Don't you think you're saying the same thing with the Op? Well,its left for the coach to decide on that. All we want is a successful team from the eaglets to the super eagles.
Re: World Cup Victory Shows Nigerian Youths Have What It Takes To Be World… – APC by donphilopus: 2:40pm On Nov 10, 2013
hercules07:

Do not mind the guy jare, Abacha as crazy as he was won both the Nations Cup and Olympic Gold medals, nobody in his right mind will attribute the success to his government.
That's it, so one of his nairaland aficionado was asking for the definition of name, because the golden eaglets won the trophy under him??

Why did he not ask for the definiton of Yaradua when our golden eaglets won the 2007 U-17 world cup??
Re: World Cup Victory Shows Nigerian Youths Have What It Takes To Be World… – APC by ochejoseph(m): 2:45pm On Nov 10, 2013
A president, APC said was clueless is revamping sports ,
For the First time in our countries History we were on the Medals Table at IAAF

After almost 2 decade of disappointments at the African cup of Nations the CUP returned to Naija

Yes we failed woefully at the Olympics but our galant paralypians wiped our shame and were duly rewarded

On fri we made history as the first nation to lift the U17 world cup 4 times with a goal tally never before matched by any team .

Sports has been given its rightful place by a president who knows how to get results APC had no choice to than to hail this achievement that was made possible by early camping and good motivation .

GOD BLESS NIGERIA

3 Likes

Re: World Cup Victory Shows Nigerian Youths Have What It Takes To Be World… – APC by taharqa: 2:48pm On Nov 10, 2013
hercules07:

Please shut it, go to the British House of Commons and see how oppositions tackle the prime minister every week. The opposition has commended the players and the officials who have gone beyond the call of duty to make Nigerians proud, the FG has done what it is expected to do or are we meant to praise a thief for not stealing?
SHUT ya MOUTH tha, fast.... I never had any problems with d Congratulatory part by itself, but with d snikin in of Politics and 'Change of Govt'- which by d way was d Real purpose of d Press Release; d Congratulatory part was just to mask it..... Anyways, like I said: NO one is surprised nor foooled

1 Like

Re: World Cup Victory Shows Nigerian Youths Have What It Takes To Be World… – APC by Nobody: 2:52pm On Nov 10, 2013
taharqa: SHUT ya MOUTH tha, fast.... I never had any problems with d Congratulatory part by itself, but with d snikin in of Politics and 'Change of Govt'- which by d way was d Real purpose of d Press Release; d Congratulatory part was just to mask it..... Anyways, like I said: NO one is surprised nor foooled
I just imagine your facial expression as you type this. Don't commit suicide one day o! Jiri kwa wayo biko! grin grin
Re: World Cup Victory Shows Nigerian Youths Have What It Takes To Be World… – APC by donphilopus: 2:55pm On Nov 10, 2013
berem: I just imagine your facial expression as you type this. Don't commit suicide one day o! Jiri kwa wayo biko! grin grin
LOL, na ur own go make am vex pass
Re: World Cup Victory Shows Nigerian Youths Have What It Takes To Be World… – APC by Nobody: 2:58pm On Nov 10, 2013
donphilopus: LOL, na ur own go make am vex pass
Lol! I dey tell you! The guy sabi provoke no be small. grin grin
Re: World Cup Victory Shows Nigerian Youths Have What It Takes To Be World… – APC by taharqa: 3:00pm On Nov 10, 2013
hercules07:

And who is asking or Expecting APC to attribute any such success to the GEJ's Govt (lol, plz dont make me laugh; that is almost like expecting d Devil to start to speak in tongues)?? The point was why sneek in Politics at all, when all that was needed if they were been honest was a simple, heart-felt Congratulatory message to the young boys.... OK, you mentioned d UK. Can you imagine d English National team winning d World cup and d British opposition talking about 'Change of Govt' whilst suppossedly giving a 'Congratulatory Message' to the victorious team?? Abegi, let us hear word joor

3 Likes

Re: World Cup Victory Shows Nigerian Youths Have What It Takes To Be World… – APC by donphilopus: 3:05pm On Nov 10, 2013
berem: Lol! I dey tell you! The guy sabi provoke no be small. grin grin
Provoking over nothing
Re: World Cup Victory Shows Nigerian Youths Have What It Takes To Be World… – APC by hercules07: 3:06pm On Nov 10, 2013
taharqa: And who is asking or Expecting APC to attribute any such success to the GEJ's Govt (lol, plz dont make me laugh; it is almost like expecting d Devil to start speak in tongues)?? The point was why sneek in Politics at all, when all that was needed if they were been honest is a simple, heart-felts Congratulatory message to the young boys.... OK, you mentioned d UK. Can you imagine d English National team winning d World cup and d British opposition talking about 'Change of Govt' whilst suppossedly giving a 'Congratulatory Message' to the victorious team?? Abegi, let us hear word joor

Please listen to the British House of commons more often, the opposition will do exactly what APC has done, praise those who actually worked towards it and throw in a sideways swipe at the government, the government in turn will bask in the glory and everybody moves on, that is the way it is done. The APC does not owe the PDP and FG any praise, they have put the praise where it belongs, that is politics.
Re: World Cup Victory Shows Nigerian Youths Have What It Takes To Be World… – APC by Tolexander: 3:13pm On Nov 10, 2013
berem: I am finding it hard to understand what you wrote. Don't you think you're saying the same thing with the Op? Well,its left for the coach to decide on that. All we want is a successful team from the eaglets to the super eagles.
am not saying the same thing with what the news says.

The news said they should be collectively nurtured to develope into the next stage ie U20. Human beings don't develope mentally at the same rate. Hence the need to be collectively nurtured seems to be off point to me. What about the prodigies that can fit into the team that aren't in the present team?
Re: World Cup Victory Shows Nigerian Youths Have What It Takes To Be World… – APC by donphilopus: 3:16pm On Nov 10, 2013
Tolexander: am not saying the same thing with what the news says.

The news said they should be collectively nurtured to develope into the next stage ie U20. Human beings don't develope mentally at the same rate. Hence the need to be collectively nurtured seems to be off point to me. What about the prodigies that can fit into the team that aren't in the present team?
You're right..

Most of them might have been claiming uneasiness by then, so because of that they may no longer play as expected
Re: World Cup Victory Shows Nigerian Youths Have What It Takes To Be World… – APC by taharqa: 3:23pm On Nov 10, 2013
hercules07:

Please listen to the British House of commons more often, the opposition will do exactly what APC has done, praise those who actually worked towards it and throw in a sideways swipe at the government, the government in turn will bask in the glory and everybody moves on, that is the way it is done. The APC does not owe the PDP and FG any praise, they have put the praise where it belongs, that is politics.
Do you actuali, reali read d comments you are responding to?? WTH!!!
Re: World Cup Victory Shows Nigerian Youths Have What It Takes To Be World… – APC by taharqa: 6:16pm On Nov 10, 2013
donphilopus: That's what they do not know

angry angry
Re: World Cup Victory Shows Nigerian Youths Have What It Takes To Be World… – APC by donphilopus: 6:21pm On Nov 10, 2013
taharqa:

angry angry
angry angry
Re: World Cup Victory Shows Nigerian Youths Have What It Takes To Be World… – APC by Nobody: 8:39pm On Nov 10, 2013
The simple question going by APC's position then becomes: How many of the APC states (AC, ACN, ANPP & CPC combined) have been able to lift the local premier league trophy since the advent of the fourth Republic? ?

Liar Muhammad, I know you are a nairalander and is reading my question.
Re: World Cup Victory Shows Nigerian Youths Have What It Takes To Be World… – APC by IVORY2009(m): 9:00pm On Nov 10, 2013
taharqa: The CLOWNS just never fails to live up to type. Instead of a simple, heart-felt Congratulatory message to the victories young lads and to all Nigerians at this joyous moment, they just had to, true to type, snick in Politics somehow.. Talking about a 'change of Govt' when a group of very young lads just won d world and are savouring it, is the height of INSENSITIVITY!!.

Then again, what does one expect from a hastily put-together group of self-absorbed DESPERADOES??

O' boy take it easy grin grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Lebanese Arrested For Defiling Underage Girls / Jonathan To Obasanjo: Show Proof Of Snipers Or Shut Up / Indian Billboard Uses Morgan Freeman's Photo For Tribute To Nelson Mandela

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.