Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,346 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:16 PM

Nairaland Bans People For Insulting A Member But Not The President - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nairaland Bans People For Insulting A Member But Not The President (4953 Views)

Fani-Kayode Warns Lai Mohammed: 'Stop Insulting PDP Or I Will Spank You' / Governor Ikepazu Bans People From Referring To Him As "Excellency&Executive" / I Apologise To Edo People For Bringing Oshiomhole As Gov, Says Ize-iyamu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland Bans People For Insulting A Member But Not The President by MRWHINNIG: 12:51pm On Nov 11, 2013
Nairaland Bans people for insulting a member but tolerates those who insult the president
Why? Is it fair? Seen, mods, come and defend yourselves here.

5 Likes

Re: Nairaland Bans People For Insulting A Member But Not The President by OrlandoOwoh(m): 12:55pm On Nov 11, 2013
MR. WHINNIG:

Nairaland Bans people for insulting a member but tolerates those who insult the president
Who is the President? Is he, by law, greater than the ordinary man that walks the street in empty stomach?

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland Bans People For Insulting A Member But Not The President by Nobody: 12:56pm On Nov 11, 2013
MR. WHINNIG:

Apparently you've been posting here without familiarizing yourself with the 21 rules.

Get acquainted with those rules before ever posting here again.

NL is very fierce in protecting it members.....

That is Rule #2 for you:. Don't abuse, bully, deliberately insult/provoke, fight, or wish harm to any Nairaland member.
Re: Nairaland Bans People For Insulting A Member But Not The President by Mynd44: 1:04pm On Nov 11, 2013
1. Mr President is a public officer.......it goes with the territory.

2. Mr President is not a member of Nairaland.

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland Bans People For Insulting A Member But Not The President by donphilopus: 1:09pm On Nov 11, 2013
MR. WHINNIG:

Who is the president?? What an inferiority complex??

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Bans People For Insulting A Member But Not The President by Nobody: 1:10pm On Nov 11, 2013
Orlando Owoh:
Who is the President? Is he, by law, greater than the ordinary man that walks the street in empty stomach?
I tire o! Maybe we should put him in the same shoulders with God. As long as he refuses to do the right thing, he will get insulted.
Re: Nairaland Bans People For Insulting A Member But Not The President by donphilopus: 1:23pm On Nov 11, 2013
Does Nairaland ban people for insulting a former governor??

Does Nairaland ban people for insulting a Rtd Maj. General and former Head Of State??

So why should they start to ban members for insulting who deserves insult??

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Bans People For Insulting A Member But Not The President by Acidosis(m): 1:26pm On Nov 11, 2013
Okay, what happens when a Nairalander insults the Father & Mother of another Nairalander who aren't members of Nl?
Re: Nairaland Bans People For Insulting A Member But Not The President by Mynd44: 1:28pm On Nov 11, 2013
Acidosis: Okay, what happens when a Nairalander insults the Father & Mother of another Nairalander who aren't members of Nl?

Is the person being insulted a public figure or public office holder?

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Bans People For Insulting A Member But Not The President by Nobody: 1:28pm On Nov 11, 2013
Acidosis: Okay, what happens when a Nairalander insults the Father & Mother of another Nairalander who aren't members of Nl?

That would be deemed to be an insult on the member....you will get punished for that.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Bans People For Insulting A Member But Not The President by Omexonomy: 1:29pm On Nov 11, 2013
This ur kwestion no get answer.
Re: Nairaland Bans People For Insulting A Member But Not The President by Acidosis(m): 1:29pm On Nov 11, 2013
donphilopus:
So why should they start to ban members for insulting who deserves insult??

So who deserve to be insulted?

and what happens if a former Governor (who deserve to be insulted, according to you) is a member?

I think it is s¡lly to tolerate insults for some persons..

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Bans People For Insulting A Member But Not The President by Acidosis(m): 1:30pm On Nov 11, 2013
Mynd_44:
Is the person being insulted a public figure or public office holder?

A civil servant

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Bans People For Insulting A Member But Not The President by donphilopus: 1:30pm On Nov 11, 2013

That one should be a very long ban
Re: Nairaland Bans People For Insulting A Member But Not The President by Acidosis(m): 1:31pm On Nov 11, 2013
ilugunboy:

That would be deemed to be an insult on the member....you will get punished for that.

Now you see your rules doesn't make sense..

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Bans People For Insulting A Member But Not The President by Acidosis(m): 1:33pm On Nov 11, 2013
donphilopus: That one should be a very long ban

and then when you insult my "Uncle", President Ebele Goodluck Jonathan.. the mods would praise you?
Re: Nairaland Bans People For Insulting A Member But Not The President by Mynd44: 1:33pm On Nov 11, 2013
Acidosis:

A civil servant
So wetin wan bring person papa into NL discussion? Does it not sound absurd?

I know someone here whose Father used to be the VC of a university and the man gets insulted like no man's businessgringringrin. What do you want the mods to do about that?
Re: Nairaland Bans People For Insulting A Member But Not The President by donphilopus: 1:34pm On Nov 11, 2013
Acidosis:

and what happens if a former Governor (who deserve to be insulted, according to you) is a member?

When you rightly know they've not banned anybody for insulting our ex HOS, why do you now think it's right to ban members for insulting GEJ??
Re: Nairaland Bans People For Insulting A Member But Not The President by Mynd44: 1:36pm On Nov 11, 2013
Acidosis:

and then when you insult my "Uncle", President Ebele Goodluck Jonathan.. the mods would praise you?
He is your uncle but that silly slow clueless drunk fisherman in a canoe is not just your uncle anymore. He is the president of the nation and I reserve the right to say what I think about him so he will stop being a spineless coward.

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland Bans People For Insulting A Member But Not The President by donphilopus: 1:36pm On Nov 11, 2013
Acidosis:

Is there any proof to claim he's your uncle?? Because I can prove it that one of my uncle is a serving senator, and so who ever insults him should be banned
Re: Nairaland Bans People For Insulting A Member But Not The President by Acidosis(m): 1:37pm On Nov 11, 2013
Mynd_44:
So wetin wan bring person papa into NL discussion? Does it not sound absurd?

I know someone here whose Father used to be the VC of a university and the man gets insulted like no man's businessgringringrin. What do you want the mods to do about that?

The mods need to give every member the license to run their mouths as they wish without any fear of serving a life time ban..

Or

Better still, place a complete penalty on every form of insults whatsoever

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Bans People For Insulting A Member But Not The President by Nobody: 1:39pm On Nov 11, 2013
Acidosis:

This is an anonymous forum. Do you have any idea of an elected officer who is a member of this forum? How would you know them? No one has claimed he is a senator, HOR, commissioners or even governor on this forum. So they all deserve to be insulted.
Re: Nairaland Bans People For Insulting A Member But Not The President by Mynd44: 1:40pm On Nov 11, 2013
Acidosis:

The mods need to give every member the license to run their mouths as they wish without any fear of serving a life time ban..

Or

Better still, place a complete penalty on every form of insults whatsoever
When you become a public official, you have thrown your right to privacy out the window and even the courts won't protect you on that except it is a case of libel.

If they know they can't stand the insults that goes with being in the public eye, make them resign.
Re: Nairaland Bans People For Insulting A Member But Not The President by donphilopus: 1:40pm On Nov 11, 2013
Those people calling women pros.titutes should also be banned for doing that, because they have no single respect for women

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Bans People For Insulting A Member But Not The President by trillville(m): 1:40pm On Nov 11, 2013

for example, If you are insulting my father becos he is the head of NCAA, you are perfectly doing the right thing.

If on the other hand you are insulting my father just because he is my father and not because he is the head of NCAA, you deserve to be banned.

All public and civil servants are liable to be insulted as long as Nigeria remains a third world country

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Bans People For Insulting A Member But Not The President by Nobody: 1:40pm On Nov 11, 2013
Acidosis:

If GEJ is your uncle, then Buhari is my husband. Nonsense!! angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Bans People For Insulting A Member But Not The President by anthoniosp(m): 1:41pm On Nov 11, 2013
Why una dey answer the guy? Moderators please let's bounce
Re: Nairaland Bans People For Insulting A Member But Not The President by Acidosis(m): 1:41pm On Nov 11, 2013
donphilopus: When you rightly know they've not banned anybody for insulting our ex HOS, why do you now think it's right to ban members for insulting GEJ??

Whats HOS ? Head of Service?

Well, the office of the President shouldn't be opened for insults..

This is an online forum where people roam and surf around all over the globe..

We shouldn't kill our own with our own mouths.
Re: Nairaland Bans People For Insulting A Member But Not The President by Acidosis(m): 1:44pm On Nov 11, 2013
Mynd_44:
He is your uncle but that silly slow clueless drunk fisherman in a canoe is not just your uncle anymore. He is the president of the nation and I reserve the right to say what I think about him so he will stop being a spineless coward.

Now

When I say you're a re.tardo, a mentally sluggish slow-pok£ of the highest order,

The mods will then BAN me, right?

6 Likes

Re: Nairaland Bans People For Insulting A Member But Not The President by Nobody: 1:44pm On Nov 11, 2013
Acidosis:

[s] Well, the office of the President shouldn't be opened for insults..

We shouldn't kill our own with our own mouths. [/s]
stop talking nonsense aburo! angry
Re: Nairaland Bans People For Insulting A Member But Not The President by donphilopus: 1:45pm On Nov 11, 2013
Acidosis:

I meant Buhari, the former head of state... So we hould let you insult Buhari and be smiling with GEJ?? SMH
Re: Nairaland Bans People For Insulting A Member But Not The President by Mynd44: 1:45pm On Nov 11, 2013
Acidosis:

I have my freedom of speech and as long as any public office holder does not meet up to my expectation, I will lash him/her/it.
You need to go on twitter and FB and see how your "beloved president" is being washed. Go tell them make them start to ban too na

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Save Rivers Movement Sensitized Rally By APC / See How APC Intend To Protest Aregbesola Defeat. Pictures. / Let Biafrans Go – Dr Junaid Mohammed (the Sun)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.